What's new

Things That Helped You in Process of Leaving that Probably was NEVER brought up...

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
HeThese are mine :)... let me know yours...

actually, I had a great ex-cult counselor who really was awesome, and he might/
might not have approved of these :)

Smoke a bowl.... not really for me anymore, but that was a huge FU to the cult...

Try a psych drug ...
yeah, even less for me... I actually do take a hit of weed again once in a while (I live
in PORTLAND), but honestly, taking a couple pills of a psych drug and realizing it'd
make me an illegal pc? YEAH!

Talk about the cult... that was the hardest part... I have done speeches and essays
on what cults are in school... I hide it a lot of the time, but I still try to talk...and it
usually pays off

Honestly, it's mostly about being honest...

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Re: Things That Helped You in Process of Leaving that Probably was NEVER brought up..

Showing up at Boston Org again where I was on staff after being gone for about 24 years felt good. :biggrin:

SAM_0276_zps52f9031b.jpg

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Things That Helped You in Process of Leaving that Probably was NEVER brought up..

omg... I was mostly feeling snarky when I posted this, but yeah... what I posted was true... I expected the thread to just be dead, and I was hit with a bunch of LIKES, etc.

So, just from a grammar standpoint on my original post, I want to die because it should be WERE never brought up...BUT here's a few more

volunteering for something that won't 'clear the planet'... just helping someone out--and it's probably bonus points if you are helping someone out that would have been considered a 'DB' in the cult...

do something totally 'other-practice'... for me, I totally researched the hell out of my natal horoscope. Yeah... and, the thing that cracked me up the most was that the most 'blatant' point in my horoscope was that my worst trauma and biggest area of growth for my life would be following a false religious path... hehehe Others do yoga... I still can't do that at this point, just because it triggers the dissociation that I experienced in the cult... but, just find something YOU have interest in, and the cult would hate...

Crossword puzzles... seriously, just playing with language and not word-clearing. But, don't get rid of your dictionary, I've met a lot of exes who in part were attracted by the whole thing of understanding words. Actually, that's not a hidden thing...

Do something that would be considered 'not the greatest good' that you know is right... that feels better than anything...

Watch some really lousy TV... seriously... enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, I love classic lit and such, but even before the cult, I always felt I had to spend my time doing something 'productive'... watch some lousy TV, but make sure it's lousy TV that you ENJOY!!! Otherwise, there is no point. Or watch awesome Brit comedy, like the IT Crowd...

Journal. Play. Be absolutely ridiculous... just do ANYTHING that you would have felt you would have been berated for in the cult (within reason, and your OWN moral code, vs. the cult.... as in, perhaps, a one-night stand might not be so bad in some cases :) )

Oh, and as an auditor, who got sick of hearing it... if you want to masturbate, please do so :p and, for your own sake, don't think about the cult while doing so if possible... yes, please pleasure yourself with the realization that you will not have to go in session tomorrow and have to spill all the details :)