Thursday Before Two

Discussion in 'Staff "War Stories"' started by No One, Dec 10, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. Gib

Gib Crusader

The PR facade of scientology is exposed every thursday by Mike Rinder on his blog.

I'd like to see real, in present time, pictures of those scientology staff, whether sea org or class v orgs at 2 pm Thursday, in those PR pictures. That could be a new reality show of the truth.

The horror of their stats not being up and consequences.

The glory of their stats being up and the rewards.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  2. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

I always assumed the Thursday deadline was to avoid the typical winding down and leaving early on Friday thing. It is bad enough that the staff relax immediately after the Thursday at 2:00 stats are reported. It also allows time to ride their asses and assign lower conditions and amends projects for down stats before they can take weekend libs (or 3 hours for laundry).

To be a little contrarian here - if we wanted Scientology and the organization to prosper, then we would have reason to complain. However, staff leave because of this soul crushing hamster wheel and its nightmare incentive program; The LRH Birthday Game, and public fall off lines due to the last minute Thursday harassments. This is a bad thing because...........?

Also, it keeps the organization focused on short term, instant gratification instead of holding ground gained, working toward sensible strategic long term priorities and actually caring about people.

3. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

The refusal to think beyond next Thursday's stats was one of my peeves about Scientology.

Part of the reason why staff didn't think long-term was that they could never be sure they would be on that post a week from now, much less a year from now. Why would he then sacrifice short-term stats (and some degree of job security) in favor of potentially having his work benefit whoever was on that post when the long-term plan came to fruition?

For me, at one point I made a game of keeping my stats in "Normal". Having them jump into "Affluence" would just make my job harder the following week, and wouldn't get me any extra libs. So at whatever point in the week I was sure I would get my stat slightly above the prior week, I would stop being concerned about this week, and start doing my organizing actions for the next week.

4. TheOriginalBigBlue

LRH discussed just about every aspect of stat management but I don't recall anything about this built in "unsustainable upstat trend" disincentive. If stats were used just for analysis that was used to define problems and improve productivity then there would be no problem, but it was integral to a complex system of punishments. Unfortunately, there were already so little rewards and the standard of living was already so low that often they concentrated on increasing the deprivations of what little a person already had.

This is how something like the INT 5 Card System could ever be possible.
    _____
    http://www.kesq.com/Life-Inside-Scientology-Headquarters-IntBase-In-Hemet/507222

Up until the late 1990's, each person inside received five cards. There's a pay card, a berthing or "housing" card, a chow card, a social card, and, a bonus card. If the production statistics for a worker or their team go down, management took a card or two away.

If you lost your chow card, you had to make do with rice and beans. If you lost your berthing card, you lost your apartment. If you lost your pay card, you didn't get money.

The card system was dropped some years back, but the system of privileges and punishments remain. Workers typically get $50 a week in cash on Fridays. To keep up with management production goals, some work up to a hundred hours a week.
    _____
    Its one thing to base a commission or rewards system on stats but it is inherently cruel to use it to deprive the base pay, liberties or living essentials. Then just remove all responsibility for upper management to provide the materials, tools, equipment and financial and logistical support for the individual to maintain constantly increasing stats and it becomes a Catch-22. If you complain about the system or money being diverted for more property acquisition or the "Legal Defense Fund" then you must have whole-track (past lives) evil intentions against Scientology and LRH, etc.

If a person loses their libs on average of every 3rd week then that would be an extra 34 days of work squeezed per staff member per year. Now there's a stat for ya.

I'd also point out that the CSW (Completed Staff Work - a written formal request) for the yearly 3 week LOA (Leave of Absence) is approved or denied to a great extent based on having a 3 week upstat trend. LOAs can go untaken for many years.

People often join staff hoping to receive auditing and Tech training as an employee benefit but it too is linked to stats. If a person must work 100 to 130 hours a week to keep their stats up so they get auditing then they probably will have such an entrenched case of burnout and sleep deprivation that any benefit they may receive from the auditing and training can be compromised. This auditing all goes on the Freeloader Debt at full rate and much of it will be from handling the burnout and personal work related issues itself.

5. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

That's why the Letter Regges always got libs.

All they had to do is write one more letter a week.

The best post(s) to have in Scientology, at least in the service orgs, were the ones in the basement.

Letter Reg. CF officer. Addresso.

Those stats were totally controllable.

Just one more every week. You were "upstat". You could CSW for libs.

In a service org, the higher you moved up the food chain, the worse your life was.

I kind of had a "cognition" that I still have that mindset.

You don't want to be the most highly paid person in a company or the one everyone is always looking for.

Being able to kind of live in the shadows gives you the most freedom.

6. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Indeed. :)

I managed to remain a Swamper without doing 3rd Class Mission School for my entire SO career, 23 years. I supervised the course for years and knew it inside out, but I really didn't want to get sent out on missions anywhere.

I also tried to be on invisible posts and mostly succeeded, apart from a year or so as Solo Tech Sec that was awful. I spent a few years as FBO, but I mostly just did admin and no-one expected me to make any GI, so that was mostly invisible too. Course Sup wasn't invisible, but I was (mostly) good at it and escaped the worst of all-night all-hands etc.

Paul

7. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Yeah.

Vivid memory.

My best friend refused to get herself promoted above Swamper. She had some kind of ser-facy reason for it that I don't remember now.

I was a Warrant Officer.

After one of those nightmare late night PAC mandatory briefings that went until 1:00 a.m...

"...All officers stay behind."

For another hour of bullshit.

She was definitely smarter than I was.

8. Gib

Gib Crusader

you reminded me. I was an "expeditor" once, in the glorious roughest division of HCO, per LRH. My stat was completed cycles of action. That was easy to control. One time I showed the powers that be my stat graph, I said I was in "power", looky here, my stats are in a new high stable range. They laughed at me. :laugh:

Sometime later I realized any post in an org is dependent on new customers in and/or keeping customers in the hamster wheel and one can't really control his post w/o that which ultimately leads back to PR & Marketing. Hey now that I think of it, it leads to even KSW - "the only thing you be upbraided for is 'no results'". Damn straight Ron, LOL, show me a clear, LOL.

9. TheOriginalBigBlue

Yes, each promotion in rank, each promotion up the org board starts to feel more like a Pyrrhic victory. At least in a real military it actually means something. I still have my campaign bars around here somewhere. After I die some relative of mine is going to go, "WTF is this?". But as I recall, at least if you got Comm-Eved, it was by officers of equal or higher rank. Be grateful for the little things.

10. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Ya know sometimes El Con was just too kind and especially in this area of dilettantism.

I guess he was just informing us on a gradient and left the super secret items for only the Big OTs to confront.

So here they are;

1) issuing dev't orders to one's handyman to develop a Mains 120 volt emeter/shock machine to exorcise troubling BTs, when the power of a thetan is actually measured in kilotonnes per nano-seconds or some such precise measure of power.

2) hiding in a bluebird motor home while his wife does time for his espionage and tax fraud crimes

3)writing the science fiction mission earth decology when he could have been completeing his write up of OT levels 8 thru whatever

4)shopping in southern California malls for emeralds and other precious stones or metals when a true OT would just postulate them into his shoe boxes full of absconded cash.

5)dumping his qual hat of ensuring 100% transcriptionist free materials onto his junior minion david miscavige

6) failing to draw a map to Target 2 for others to follow him into eternity

7)discarding his body and leaving it laying around for a coroner to have to inspect and write up a report on.

8) using an emeter in session when a thetan 'just knows'

9) failing to return in 25 years as a politician, and dumping the destruction of earth to lesser psychopaths of various other species such as reptilians and grays.

10) singing 'Thank you for listening' when he could have just shut the f(*K UP

:yes::biggrin: what a dilittante

11. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Along with graphs which have numbers along the axis's.

12. Gib

Gib Crusader

Love it.

But you forgot one,

namely having titanium CD's encapsulated of Hubbard's works stored in deep underground bunkers. LOL

That will survive nuclear wars.

One day, some future race, having survived the catastropic event, will discover Hubbard. LOL

I really luv the plot of the sci fi story. LOL

It's a mystery!

LOL

What are the chances of this becoming true?

NIL

But the sublime is set. LOL

I'm gonna start a new movement called "star wars"