Today I was off purpose and totally out-ethics

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Operating DB, Sep 24, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

Since joining ESMB in August '08 I've been meaning to write up my experiences regarding being in the cult but it seems like old news, to me at least. I left early 1985. But today while I was enjoying gardening I was thinking about the many peoples stories that I've read on line in the last nine months and the contrast of our sad lives in the cult with the everyday joys (I hope) we now have since leaving it. Instead of writing about my cult experiences I decided to write something different. So this is what I did today all of which would be considered off purpose and out-ethics by the cults standards. Maybe some day I'll write about my time track in the cult and my courageous escape.

Today I slept in as usual and got up when I felt like it (totally out ethics). I eventually rolled out of bed after listening to some Stevie Wonder music. Had a bowl of cereal. Checked my email. Went to ESMB for some reading. Stopped at the bank to make a deposit (and the cult aint getting a penny. It's all mine!) Went to the gym to do cardio and weights. Came home and made and ate a leisurely lunch. Spent the next 50 minutes cutting the lawn (totally off purpose). I then went to finish a gardening project of dividing Iris rhizomes and planting those in one of my 13 garden beds. This particular bed surrounds the raised paver patio where I often entertain guests and enjoy the gardens out in the yard. (Would love to have ya'll over sometime. Oh, the stories we could tell!) In between that project and watering the lawn I marinated some chicken breasts which I grilled after I took a looooong hot shower. I ate my chicken and steamed veggies while watching some TV. :omg: I saw this great program on Nova about Monster Black Holes which was mind blowing. I dig astronomy! After that I made a rum and coke (more out ethics) while thinking about what to write about todays off purpose day. So now I'm here enjoying sharing one of my ordinary days as a wog. After I'm done with this I'll watch the local news and Jay Lenos monologue on the Tonight Show. After that I'll probably go to ESMB again to see what's new in the wonderful world of Woggetry. And the I'll go to bed when I feel like it.

So what have you done today that was off purpose and out-ethics??

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  2. Good twin

Good twin Floater

I went to the doctor and got a prescription filled. I bypassed the MLO and didn't turn myself in for being PTS. I also played around online. Been plotting with some other exes on how we can get together for some laughs. Totally off purpose. :whistling: BTW Welcome to the sandbox. There's always room for another DB. :yes:

3. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

:D Wonderful to be among other db's, off-purps and pts-types!:D

I came home, had a couple beers, ate a good home-cooked meal, watched some good TV, watched some awesome videos here at ESMB, then hubby and I went to a doughnut shop and spent TEN DOLLARS on doughnuts (that was practically half our week's wages on Staff!:omg: ).

Then we enjoyed talking about what we learned on ESMB the past couple a days and just chillin' all around. (loafing! :D )

And I'm off to take a trip to visit my son within the next few days:)

Ahhhhh.

Ain't Life Grand out here?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  4. thetanic

thetanic Gold Meritorious Patron

Hmm. Had acupuncture (other practices), read a few forums (including this one), fondled some of my MEST (sorry, don't want to be specific, but it's something one can fondle in public in a suits-only environment), took my psych meds, bought something inexpensive that I lusted after, petted the household pet, and drove to work the long, meandering way.

Oh, and went to work, which is none neither off-purpose or out-ethics.

5. Good twin

Good twin Floater

It is if you're not in the Sea Org!:yes:

6. thetanic

thetanic Gold Meritorious Patron

Oh, good point. I went to go help people indulge their consumerist urges. Yes!

Mest trap, mest trap, roly poly mest trap.

7. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome, Operating DB.

Today I bought gifts for my lesbian housekeepers and their daughter that is having her 1st birthday this weekend. Is that off purpose?

Then we made plans for them to join me (and my friends) for my birthday celebration in a few weeks. Just 3 years ago I would have never considered having lesbian housekeepers. But I gotta say, these gals are great!!!!

And Good Twin got to hear us when they came in thru my garage today since I was on the patio smoking and talking on the phone with Good Twin. We scared the crap out of all us. They don't normally come thru the garage. But they freaked out since I didn't answer my cell phone and when they pulled around back to the garage they found it open. They were so worried that something horrible had happened to me. One is an ex-fireman and if my door had been locked, she knows how to break it down.

8. Anne Ominous

Anne Ominous Patron with Honors

I love reading threads like this. They cheer me up no end!

9. nexus100

nexus100 Gold Meritorious Patron

You just don't get it, DB. How can you say offhandedly that you listened to "some Stevie Wonder music". Do you think WE don't love Stevie Wonder? What did you listen to? There are so many fantastic Stevie Wonder cuts it is OUT ETHICS not to tell us what you like and let us compare notes. Man, catch up to the planet, will ya?!

10. Good twin

Good twin Floater

11. nexus100

12. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

So sorry for being so out ethics. I didn't want to get too "verbose" in my posting. My most often listened Stevie Wonder Cd is "Characters". Last Saturday at party I hosted for some long ago ex-coworkers I played, amongst other CDs, his Talking Book CD. Wow, some hot funky dance tunes there! He is my mostest favorite musician of all time: great voice, arrangements, odd chord changes that he makes work in the most remarkable way, versatile tunes. HEY! Is this turning into a Stevie Wonder thread?? Btw, growing up in the 60's our maids mother lived on the same street as he. Thanks for those Stevie videos. How spiritually uplifting to listen to those!

13. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

14. nexus100

Thank you DB! I haven't heard all SW's stuff. (I'm old so am most familiar with long ago Stevie) But I'll try to get more up to date
    You have splendid, splendid taste in music and message boards. I expect then it extends to all things. What a life!

15. xseaorguk

xseaorguk Patron Meritorious

out-ethics and off purpose

I'm sooooo 'out-ethics' and 'off purpose'
    I have also been having long sleep- ins, due to a some bronchitis (probably the start of my pneumonia due to reading OT 3 recently), am taking anti-biotics for that instead of looking for who is suppressing me.

Have made a nice mandarin-jelly with fresh fruit in it, and already tested it this morning on my cornflakes, hmmmmmm I bet the guys in the Sea Org just dream of that!

Have read the newspaper and watched the news on TV altho I know its all soooo untrue and Entheta.
    Saw a clip on youtube about the Elron Hubbard way in the USA, which they try to block off for public use altho non-scinos live there.
    Saw some other stuff I had subscribed to on youtube.
    Looked on here to see the latest threads while drinking a nice cuppa and rich-tea biscuits....yummy!

16. Human Again

Human Again Silver Meritorious Patron

O/W write up

My hubby and I had a "Wednesday". A Wednesday can happen any day of the week, but ironically it happened on Wednesday this time.

I slept in until 9am, hubby came in and we fried some other fish on our 2D.

We then took a long hot shower with expensive lotions and potions and we went to an outdoor market.

We purchased some seedlings for our vege garden and cose yummy things for a picnic.

We wandered the stalls and chatted with wogs galore. I flirted with the old italian man selling the cheeses ( out 2D) and my hubby smiled as he watched (perversion). We left him feeling attractive and happy - out TRs.

At home we worked our entertainment business (Squirrel admin) and I added a new section to my workshops (squirrel tech intended).

We shared our picnic lunch with the chooks who came pecking around on the lawn in our back yard and lazed in the sun for a while.

I received a phone call from an org terminal suggesting I buy a GAT library and telling me how wonderful it was for her. I told her I was interested and I was bidding n a library on E bay. I explained I could get the whole things for about $100 that way. I think I ARCX her intentionally.

I spread some etheta on the net by explaining truths about scientology.

Hm... I'm going to go out tonight and drug revert with some buddies I think....

AH

Oh, shit, writing this has reminded me, those seedlings need to be put to bed! eeek! Out ethics on the 5th for real!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  17. FinallyMe

FinallyMe Silver Meritorious Patron

Whoa - WAIT a second! I was cruising through the wonderful images raised by this thread, and suddenly --- are you talking about an actual jelly-consistency jelly, and you put it on your cornflakes?????????? Not something even syrupy??? Not milk and sugar, maybe some cut-up strawberries? This sounds disgusting! Ewwww!

18. Lynn Fountain Campbell

Lynn Fountain Campbell Silver Meritorious Patron

I think I'll have another leisurely cup of Jasmine Green tea while I read this thread. :D Out-ethics in the extreme, with Thursday at 2 pm looming in my face.

19. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

Out Ethics is a personal thing...please!

As a Southern Person (SP) I suffer from conflicting moral and social imperatives as follows:

1.) putting rum in coke is a mortal sin...but mostly it fucks up a good coke.

2.) The rum, a pure cane sugar product, (which I ADORE) is similarly "alloyed" (dontcha just LOVE that word!?) and thus rendered too sweet for my taste.

3.) So I fill an old-fashioned glass with ice and squeeze a piece of fresh orange rind with a little fruit pulp attached over the ice and fill it to the brim with Bacardi light. Refilling as oft as I may in remembrance of pleasure moments past.

We call this a St. Martin sunrise at our house; you should try it. :yes: It burns with a clean blue flame in the body and leaves no unpleasant residue in the form of a hangover. :ohmy: :eyeroll: :thumbsup: (at least in MY experience) :whistling:

Roy, the EP's EP

20. gomorrhan

gomorrhan Gold Meritorious Patron

None of those things struck me as out-ethics or off-purpose, unless your purpose was to become hungry, overly busy, and to destroy plant-life. Sounds like you did what you wanted to do, furthering your interests.