What's new

Tom Cruise distancing himself? Could this be true?

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Re: Katie Holmes ‘considering reunion with Tom Cruise'

Hmmm.... Disconnection in reverse?

Now that's a new one.

Assuming there is truth in all this, of course.

Gib

Crusader

Now that is fricken Oat Tea Katie!! You are total CAUSE over Tom Cruise - and you just may have your way!

Nothing like putting ETHICS in ruthlessly in - ON Tom Cruise!!

I hope he gets out and they get back together!

David Miscavige must be gulping his Scotch and SLAPPING away right now - total FLUNK on investing time and money on romancing the sell-ebb Tom Cruise to be your poster child for Scientology !

David Miscavige gets a total FLUNK on expanding the Cult. Every idea he has implemented has failed miserably. He makes glossy promo and bam, pow, wow - events to give the culties the apparancy that Scientology is expanding, they are getting the Pscychs and es pee's.

The ship is sinking fast!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

It's up to 449 at least de-DM'd.

I wish Katie would put herself on the list. :thumbsup:

I think everybody out that knows they are out and not in danger should put themselves on the list whether indie or completely ex. Of course there are those here that would not like me saying this. But, as many people are viewing Marty's place and his links, why the more the merrier. It's called the sheep affect, and the purpose would be to get the "on the fencers" out.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sheep Effect

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron

KATIE Holmes is reportedly considering getting back together with Tom Cruise.

The actress-and-designer is allegedly thinking of taking back her ex-husband if he "leaves Scientology". This follows reports earlier this month that claimed the Hollywood actor was considering ditching the church if it meant possibly reuniting with Katie and his daughter Suri.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/enterta...-with-tom-cruise/story-e6frf96x-1226501990001

(It ain't gonna happen.)

It all comes down to who TopGun Tommy wants to snuggle up to in bed ... Davey or Katie? I know if it was me, I don't think I could put up with Davey's booze and cigarette breath, not to mention other bad habits like talking rolling thunder statistics in his sleep. No, I would definitely prefer snuggling up to Katie, even if she doesn't build me custom motorcycles or airplane hangars.

If Katie takes him back, she should insist that TopGun Tommy attend a 12 point program like Ex Clam's Anonymous or something.

Pete

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Pete, if it were me, i'd make him go on Matt Lauer or GMA and announce he's done with it. For the whole world to hear.

Man de la Mancha

Patron with Honors

[video=youtube;-LnQgRCzqR0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LnQgRCzqR0[/video]

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron

Meh. The whole thing felt like an acting job and not a very well acted one.

Katie found her working conditions intolerable, and the expected boost to her career not forthcoming, and resigned. Her misery was believable, because she was. But not for one minute do I believe it was for a broken heart over a soul mate.

Div6

Crusader

Bleh. The hook on this article is pure conjecture about Katie, and morphs into being about TC. He must have his PR firm working overtime.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Re: Nicole Kidman admits she had to be 'coaxed' into sex scenes with Tom Cruise.

Nicole Kidman: ‘Eyes Wide Shut’ Didn’t End Marriage to Tom Cruise

It’s long been believed that Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman‘s marriage was on the rocks when they played a troubled couple in Stanley Kubrick’s 1999 sexual psycho-drama “Eyes Wide Shut,” but in an essay for The Hollywood Reporter, Kidman sets the record straight.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/enterta...s-wide-shut-didnt-end-marriage-to-tom-cruise/

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Nicole Kidman admits she had to be 'coaxed' into sex scenes with Tom Cruise.

Actually that movie made my skin crawl and I lost all respect for Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman...it was dark and disgusting.

When I got into Scamonology years later and found out they filmed it after they did Oat Tea III - and blew....I thought it was interesting that they would be attracted to do such a dark and evil film. :unsure:

Now it makes total sense - Scientology Oat Tea Tree (did I spell that right?) level will leave you in the dark and completely vulnerable to evil! You have Xenu on your mind and wonder how many little demons are attached to you driving you insane....and Tom Cruise must have had a butt load - because he sank to a brand new LOW doing Eyes Wide Shut with his fricken WIFE!!!:duh:

Smilla

Ordinary Human

I've never seen it and never will.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Good for you smilla - it is a horrible film and should be banned like Tom Cruise! He is a nut!
It is really really dark and disturbing - nothing I imagined possible and I was very young when I saw it...never knew anything about the stuff in the movie - but that guy Tom Cruise who puts in ethics ruthlessly in on himself had completed Oat tea tree and then did this movie - just totally explains the "wins" Scientology Bridge to Total Insanity can do for you!! Yikes!

Sassy

Patron Meritorious

My husband and I are big movie buffs & we actually walked out of the theatre while watching this film. The only time we ever have. It was terrible. And this story with Nicole has no point whatsoever.

I do find it interesting that she's really opening up about her marriage to the Cruiser, however. Moreso lately than ever. Hmmmmm. :unsure:

Gosh - maybe I'll dress up as Bill Harford this Halloween. I wonder where I can get a mask like that? Mimsey

]
eyes-wide-shut.jpg

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Gosh - maybe I'll dress up as Bill Harford this Halloween. I wonder where I can get a mask like that? Mimsey

]
eyes-wide-shut.jpg

I always thought that if I went to a protest, I would much rather wear that than a Guy Fawkes mask. :lol:

The_Fixer

Class Clown

Same for me.

Stanley Kubrick's stuff was always a little odd to me. But I'm not into that kind of art (?????)....

Then TC did Vanilla Sky. We half watched that. Unfortunately.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace

She's an Aussie bird so she responds to a different type of foreplay. This will be the guy getting pissed out of his head and staggering around then, after a while, lying on the ground outdoors puking his guts up, somewhat equivalent to a pigeon cock doing a circular dance and making noises while bowing his head. This excites an Aussie bird who will then pour a bucket of cold water over the cock's head and drag him off to her bed for mating.

Did you ever see Nic in Dead Calm? oooooooh, a virtual spider woman - Mimsey

[video=youtube;Nx-v1fTm9Ug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx-v1fTm9Ug&feature=related[/video]

And wait! there's more - To Die For with...... Joacim Pheonix Oh yeah!

Hey! Freddy Quell is a killer too? Woah! Mimsey

[video=youtube;Y1uPXA1ceNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1uPXA1ceNo[/video]

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron

Kubrick was a genius, probably the best film maker of the 20th century. I don't put EWS as one of his best (Dr. Strangelove, 2001, Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, get those spots) but compared to most films out then and now it was great film making.

Kubrick rarely liked to work with "stars" he preferred to cast unknown actors. However, he chose Tom and Nicole for very particular reasons and one was very much the public perception of them as a married couple - dual realities they lived already, then compounding that again on film about dual realities and perceptions. It was a very specific choice.

There are also some very eerie Scientology references in the film. An Ex-SO friend of mine swore it was so and made me watch it one night to point them out. I have to agree there are def some paraelles and after I read Kubricks daughter got drawn into the cult around this time it made even more sense.

Nothing in Kubricks film, from dialogue, to set pieces, to scenery, to colors is accidental it is ALL minutely chosen by him. (When he made Barry Lyndon, a story which took place in the 1700's, he used no artificial / electric light whatsoever since it didn't exist in the 1700's. The entire film was done either using candle light or sun light. If you know anything about lighting a film this is a draw dropping feat.)

It was a shame Kubrck died during post production so I don't think the film got his full treatment, final editing is crucial. But it is a good film and deserves thoughtful attention. To dismiss it after one viewing years ago is a disservice. (This is coming from some one who thinks nearly all of TC's movies are utter bubblegum crap.) I would have preferred a different cast but respect Kubrick's choice and his rationale behind it. I think he was a much trying to comment on the false duality of celebrity as he was the alternate realities we live away from some shared ID as a couple. I think he felt using a "celebrity couple" merely heightened the irony and point he intended to make.