What's new

Tom Cruise Secretly Slammed John Travolta To Church Leaders

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Scientology Feud Exposed! Tom Cruise Secretly Slammed John Travolta To Church Leaders, According To Blockbuster New Video

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...s-reveal-claims-fight-over-battlefield-earth/

(excerpt)

According to a new report in The National ENQUIRER, Marty Rathbun– the one-time former No. 2 of the religion and Cruise’s personal auditor, has claimed that Cruise blasted Travolta over the failure of his Scientology film Battlefield Earth — even allegedly calling him a “son of a bitch!”

In a newly released video, Rathbun said the Scientology spat began right after Battlefield Earth opened in May 2000 to universally bad reviews – and Cruise came to the Scientology headquarters in Clearwater, Florida. Rathbun claims he and church leader David Miscavige picking him up at the airport.

“Tom Cruise gets in the car and says: ‘Hey Dave, what’s with ‘Battlefield Earth,’ man? Jesus, it’s the worst PR in the world,'” Rathbun claimed.

“David Miscavige turns to him and says: ‘Man, I swear to God … it’s just ‘Out Ethics.’ If I had anything to do with that thing, it wouldn’t have gone anywhere.”

Rathbun said, “He and Tom just sat there, nattering away full-tilt, and saying what a … Out-of-Ethics son of a b—- John Travolta was.”

Referring to Travolta’s “Out Ethics” was a particularly serious charge, since it’s Scientology jargon for using freedom of choice to make decisions outside the church.

But according to Rathbun the truth was that Battlefield Earth bombed because Travolta allowed Miscavige to approve every sequence of the movie!

“He’s literally seeing daily rushes from ‘Battlefield Earth,’ the shots for the day … he pulls out his dictaphone and is dictating his commentary on every shot,” said Rathbun.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
The best item buried in the article is the video of Marty and Mike fishing and talking about Battlefield Earth. This is not a new video, but it's a good one.

I just wish media would get the facts straight...on one of the pics it says something like "Scientologists have to sign billion year contracts" which is a badly worded statement as only SO do that.

NOTE: Here is the link to the video on YouTube, where it was uploaded in 2010:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrpMb51joJA

Last edited:

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Recently hahahaha!

Well, at least people are starting to see this stuff now..better than never.

They sure do rip off Tony a lot too!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Scientology Feud Exposed! Tom Cruise Secretly Slammed John Travolta To Church Leaders, According To Blockbuster New Video

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...s-reveal-claims-fight-over-battlefield-earth/

(excerpt)

According to a new report in The National ENQUIRER, Marty Rathbun– the one-time former No. 2 of the religion and Cruise’s personal auditor, has claimed that Cruise blasted Travolta over the failure of his Scientology film Battlefield Earth — even allegedly calling him a “son of a bitch!”

In a newly released video, Rathbun said the Scientology spat began right after Battlefield Earth opened in May 2000 to universally bad reviews – and Cruise came to the Scientology headquarters in Clearwater, Florida. Rathbun claims he and church leader David Miscavige picking him up at the airport.

“Tom Cruise gets in the car and says: ‘Hey Dave, what’s with ‘Battlefield Earth,’ man? Jesus, it’s the worst PR in the world,'” Rathbun claimed.

“David Miscavige turns to him and says: ‘Man, I swear to God … it’s just ‘Out Ethics.’ If I had anything to do with that thing, it wouldn’t have gone anywhere.”

Rathbun said, “He and Tom just sat there, nattering away full-tilt, and saying what a … Out-of-Ethics son of a b—- John Travolta was.”

Referring to Travolta’s “Out Ethics” was a particularly serious charge, since it’s Scientology jargon for using freedom of choice to make decisions outside the church.

But according to Rathbun the truth was that Battlefield Earth bombed because Travolta allowed Miscavige to approve every sequence of the movie!

“He’s literally seeing daily rushes from ‘Battlefield Earth,’ the shots for the day … he pulls out his dictaphone and is dictating his commentary on every shot,” said Rathbun.

Well, blaming the bomb on Travolta is (if Marty or anyone else really believed that) is stupid clown superstition. lol

Sure he had a hand in making that movie as abysmally bad as it was.

But, if the film's director and producers and funding sources were dumb enough to a) let Miscavige have any say; b) follow his creative ideas and/or instructions--then they are to blame, not Miscavige. Does Marty really believe that or is he possibly clueless about the film industry?

I knew people (non-Scientologists) that worked on that movie and all I can say is:

* The acting was atrocious, overwrought and amateurish
* The screenplay was corny, stylized dialogue that took the worst of the 1940s genre and made it unrecognizably worse by Hubbard's cringeworthy plotting and dialogue.
* The production values were hideously bad.
* Costuming was clownish.​

The entire production SCOHB (Sucked Cult On Hollywood Boulevard).

If Travolta had half a brain, he would have known (during principal photography or post production) that the film was a humiliating cringefest. He couldn't see that the same way he can't see that Scientology is a complete hoax.

So much for the obnosis of OTs. lol

Last edited:

mawena

Patron with Honors

(excerpt)

Good on the Enquirer to put a spotlight on this one, here is the original video where Marty made that comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrpMb51joJA

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
The fact that Tom and Dave were slamming John Travolta behind his back should get John to think about that and do something. If it were me, I would confront them both and be quite pissed off. Of course they would deny it as Scientologists always do when they have been caught or been exposed. Lie and deny.

Perhaps the report will get to John and get him thinking about it. Maybe mull it over with his wife. He knows both David Miscavige and Tom Cruise and has probably experienced them back stabbing others and will know that the report is true. It might open the door for some doubt concerning David Miscavige. Maybe then he will go out on a limb and watch the HBO documentary "Going Clear".

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
John could be a good scientologist and apply the tech. He could:

(1) Ask DM and Cruise "What have you done to me that I nearly found out about"?
(2) Since both of them are nattering about John make them write up their overts and withholds against John.
(3) Put DM and Cruise in a condition of liability.
(4) Use that tried and true ARC triangle, TR's and Tone Scale and bring all concerned uptone.
(5) Write a Knowledge Report.
(6) Etc. ad nauseum

Or the best option just say fuck-it-all and leave the cult.

HelluvaHoax!

John could be a good scientologist and apply the tech. He could:

(1) Ask DM and Cruise "What have you done to me that I nearly found out about"?
(2) Since both of them are nattering about John make them write up their overts and withholds against John.
(3) Put DM and Cruise in a condition of liability.
(4) Use that tried and true ARC triangle, TR's and Tone Scale and bring all concerned uptone.
(5) Write a Knowledge Report.
(6) Etc. ad nauseum

Or the best option just say fuck-it-all and leave the cult.

Per Ron's original policy on penalties for the condition of liability, will Travolta insist that DM/TC wear (on their arm) a dirty gay rag?

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
If Travolta had half a brain, he would have known (during principal photography or post production) that the film was a humiliating cringefest. He couldn't see that the same way he can't see that Scientology is a complete hoax.

Don't forget postulates. Although maybe they were so sure they didn't have to postulate, because in the name of Xenu, they knew they had a huge hit on their hands. How could it not be, when it was based on a book by Elron Blubbard, starred one of Scientology's most popular scilebrities, and it had giant cod pieces too. Oh how Ron would have loved those.

Everyone would be dressing up as characters in the film and flooding into the orgs to get processed. Cod pieces would become a fashion trend. What could possibly go wrong?

Instead the movie was so bad no one will attempt to make another movie out of Ron's writing again. Even if a screenplay is reworked so that it's unrecognizable as based on Hubbard's story, it won't be able to be used as long as Hubbard's name is associated with it.

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

I think he sees it, personally.

I think he sees all of it.

I even think he's actually seen Going Clear.

I think he's just broken.

He does what he's told. He's been that intimidated about what they will do if he turns.

I mean, he's the only one of all the Scn celebrities that gave a glowing statement about the church in the middle of all of this.

This is the guy who was disaffected with Church management thirty five years ago. The organization was a bastion of sanity then compared to what it is now.

They have him by what's left of his balls.

Last edited:

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
The fact that Tom and Dave were slamming John Travolta behind his back should get John to think about that and do something. If it were me, I would confront them both and be quite pissed off. Of course they would deny it as Scientologists always do when they have been caught or been exposed. Lie and deny.

Perhaps the report will get to John and get him thinking about it. Maybe mull it over with his wife. He knows both David Miscavige and Tom Cruise and has probably experienced them back stabbing others and will know that the report is true. It might open the door for some doubt concerning David Miscavige. Maybe then he will go out on a limb and watch the HBO documentary "Going Clear".

Unfortunately John Travolta can't think so it doesn't really matter what anybody says.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Don't forget postulates. Although maybe they were so sure they didn't have to postulate, because in the name of Xenu, they knew they had a huge hit on their hands. How could it not be, when it was based on a book by Elron Blubbard, starred one of Scientology's most popular scilebrities, and it had giant cod pieces too. Oh how Ron would have loved those.

Everyone would be dressing up as characters in the film and flooding into the orgs to get processed. Cod pieces would become a fashion trend. What could possibly go wrong?

Instead the movie was so bad no one will attempt to make another movie out of Ron's writing again. Even if a screenplay is reworked so that it's unrecognizable as based on Hubbard's story, it won't be able to be used as long as Hubbard's name is associated with it.
cod-piece-150.jpg

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, blaming the bomb on Travolta is (if Marty or anyone else really believed that) is stupid clown superstition. lol

Sure he had a hand in making that movie as abysmally bad as it was.

But, if the film's director and producers and funding sources were dumb enough to a) let Miscavige have any say; b) follow his creative ideas and/or instructions--then they are to blame, not Miscavige. Does Marty really believe that or is he possibly clueless about the film industry?

I knew people (non-Scientologists) that worked on that movie and all I can say is:

* The acting was atrocious, overwrought and amateurish
* The screenplay was corny, stylized dialogue that took the worst of the 1940s genre and made it unrecognizably worse by Hubbard's cringeworthy plotting and dialogue.
* The production values were hideously bad.
* Costuming was clownish.​

The entire production SCOHB (Sucked Cult On Hollywood Boulevard).

But David Miscavige studied under the greatest Hollywood director in the gahlaxy.

How could it be his fault?

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
A pseudo-secret pseudo-fight Cruise vs. Travolta? What's not to love about that? The Yellow Press can print weekly updates and make millions off of that, Cruise and Travolta get their secret slice of that cake, Their readership as well as the viewership of certain TV channels get an urgently needed boost, everybody's happy.

Until next year, when another sow is chased through the media village.

Jus' sayin' :coolwink:

whoisxenu

Patron with Honors
BATTLEFIELD EARTH

Domestic Box Office$21,471,685
International Box Office$8,253,978
Worldwide Box Office$29,725,663
Production Budget:$80,000,000
Actually better than I'd thought. Must have been a lot of scilons still in then.:carryon:

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
:happydance:What is so great about this story seeing the light of day is that it is an indication that the whole "$cientology story" has "legs". Do not negate the influence of the National Enquirer.

I know a whole lot of posters here prefer to refer to the reporting by the National Enquirer as "yellow journalism", etc. I do not feel that way myself.

This story is factual. It was researched. Yes, many of us may have already known the story, seen this particular video clip. But the general public has not been aware of it. Thanks to the National Enquirer, now they are aware of it.

Yes, the National Enquirer is a money-making publication. So are all the others.

The hook for the Enquirer is the celebrity involvement. So that is what they go after. And it looks like they are actively mining the archives of the "church" looking for celebrity-based stories. To put on their cover. Covers that sit for a week in the checkout line of every supermarket in America.

What's to not like about that?

I say: Yaaaay, National Enquirer. Keep it up. Keep looking. There's more out there!

HelluvaHoax!

Exactly!

I remember when Ron wrote and tried to sell the screenplay "REVOLT IN THE STARS" (that revealed Xenu & his volcanos[SUP]1[/SUP]) and all of the top Int and ASI execs rushed around doing their top secret missions to set up a deal to make the greatest movie in history by the greatest OT in history. And, all the other most powerful Sea Org OTs were behind this massive planetary campaign.

That failed. No movie.

I guess Ron needed to go to one one of those weekend seminars to learn "How to Make Your Postulates Work".

Scientologists: They can clay demo a postulate and explain the technology of it to you very thoroughly. They just can't do it.

[SUP]

[/SUP] Normally, anyone reading about OT III will die from overrestimulation and pneumonia. Exception: If L. Ron Hubbard gets paid money (i.e. people learning about OT III by paying to see his movie "Revolt In The Stars") then nobody dies, and everyone goes totally free on this planet. People not dying, therefore, seems to be closely linked to Ron being paid money. lol

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think he sees it, personally.

I think he sees all of it.

I even think he's actually seen Going Clear.

I think he's just broken.

He does what he's told. He's been that intimidated about what they will do if he turns.

I mean, he's the only one of all the Scn celebrities that gave a glowing statement about the church in the middle of all of this.

This is the guy who was disaffected with Church management twenty five
years
ago. The organization was a bastion of sanity then compared to what it is now.

They have him by what's left of his balls.

It is a good point that he saw things so much more "clearly" years ago. I really have no idea what's really going on with that guy. He definitely earned his Scooby Snack after his last performance. Sit boy sit!

Leland

Crusader
Exactly!

I remember when Ron wrote and tried to sell the screenplay "REVOLT IN THE STARS" (that revealed Xenu & his volcanos[SUP]1[/SUP]) and all of the top Int and ASI execs rushed around doing their top secret missions to set up a deal to make the greatest movie in history by the greatest OT in history. And, all the other most powerful Sea Org OTs were behind this massive planetary campaign.

That failed. No movie.

I guess Ron needed to go to one one of those weekend seminars to learn "How to Make Your Postulates Work".

Scientologists: They can clay demo a postulate and explain the technology of it to you very thoroughly. They just can't do it.

[SUP]

[/SUP] Normally, anyone reading about OT III will die from overrestimulation and pneumonia. Exception: If L. Ron Hubbard gets paid money (i.e. people learning about OT III by paying to see his movie "Revolt In The Stars") then nobody dies, and everyone goes totally free on this planet. People not dying, therefore, seems to be closely linked to Ron being paid money. lol

So funny and so true HellofaH...

I had an OT 5 friend...( a public in LA ) that had a copy of that film script. I asked him if I could copy it....and ( if I remember correctly) took it to a copy shop...and had them copy it for me. Anyway...I did end up with a copy.

It is so true....Hubtard....had the whole OT 3 story....in a movie script....floating all around Hollywood.

I was a waiter in a restaurant....and I had one.

That leads me to believe....that there must have been hundreds of copies...perhaps thousands floating around.

Anyway....true believer that I was at the time.....it started to bother me that I had a copy.....and I turned it in to someone at AOLA....

But I wouldn't tell them where I got it...

Edited: Funny, how can the cult claim "religious scripture" for the OT 3 story....if its in a movie script, being shopped around Hollywood...?

Last edited: