What's new

Totally out for a couple weeks

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
That's a common feeling. One is curious to try the "tech" apart from the organization.

It's a temporary phase.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a truly sane (non cultic) version of alternate Scientology.

Although there's this guy, Trey Lotz, an Independent Field auditor.

trey-lotz.jpg

Let the buyer beware.

Trey is the only i ndependent I would trust. Although I have never ever wanted to go that route since leaving, I have come to accept that it is a possible alternative for those Exes who do, giving who one goes to for services. There are lots of quack exes selling snake oil versions of “the tech”.

Trey is considered the best. He’s a kind, undemanding and focused guy. A number of people have found him very helpful in sorting out past auditing matters. For those who feel they need a ‘correction’, he’s the guy. Interestingly, some of these people I talked to are no longer getting auditing anymore. Its like they handled stuff and moved on. So I’m ok suggesting Trey if one really wants to go that route.

Terril park

Sponsor
Trey is the only i ndependent I would trust. Although I have never ever wanted to go that route since leaving, I have come to accept that it is a possible alternative for those Exes who do, giving who one goes to for services. There are lots of quack exes selling snake oil versions of “the tech”.

Trey is considered the best. He’s a kind, undemanding and focused guy. A number of people have found him very helpful in sorting out past auditing matters. For those who feel they need a ‘correction’, he’s the guy. Interestingly, some of these people I talked to are no longer getting auditing anymore. Its like they handled stuff and moved on. So I’m ok suggesting Trey if one really wants to go that route.
I did L11 with Trey. He really does his utmost to
help the client.

Terril park

Sponsor
Did you get anything out of L11 Terril?
Yes. From only around 5 hours of auditing it gave
a lot of bang for the buck. At the end Trey held up the card
with the EP, something like "do you have a new life" and I
was quite happy to say yes.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Yes. From only around 5 hours of auditing it gave
a lot of bang for the buck. At the end Trey held up the card
with the EP, something like "do you have a new life" and I
was quite happy to say yes.
Thanks. That's interesting. I've read stories (probably on here) of people who did their Ls at Flag, or observed the before-and-after of others who had done so, and found that they actually COLLAPSED their life, or caved them in. Is it L12 on which you are supposed to be exterior with full perception by the end? Were you not tempted to do that? Or is that claim not being made by Trey?

Was he trained by Pierre Ethier? Just looking at Pierre rant on youtube, I wasn't very impressed. Didn't look like a good advert for OT to me. Sorry to make ad hominems online. Perhaps that's unfair, but he does put himself out as a 'public figure' when it comes to auditing, so I suppose it's fair for me to comment on him. I'm not just talking about his obesity, either. Just didn't seem to have anything 'spiritual' about him at all. My impression of him was "well, I've invested 35 years of my life becoming a Class XII, and what else can I do at my age? I'd better make it pay."

So I'm quite interested in what is being done with the Ls outside the Church. Even Ron's Org is offering a Class XII course now.

Terril park

Sponsor
Thanks. That's interesting. I've read stories (probably on here) of people who did their Ls at Flag, or observed the before-and-after of others who had done so, and found that they actually COLLAPSED their life, or caved them in. Is it L12 on which you are supposed to be exterior with full perception by the end? Were you not tempted to do that? Or is that claim not being made by Trey?

Was he trained by Pierre Ethier? Just looking at Pierre rant on youtube, I wasn't very impressed. Didn't look like a good advert for OT to me. Sorry to make ad hominems online. Perhaps that's unfair, but he does put himself out as a 'public figure' when it comes to auditing, so I suppose it's fair for me to comment on him. I'm not just talking about his obesity, either. Just didn't seem to have anything 'spiritual' about him at all. My impression of him was "well, I've invested 35 years of my life becoming a Class XII, and what else can I do at my age? I'd better make it pay."

So I'm quite interested in what is being done with the Ls outside the Church. Even Ron's Org is offering a Class XII course now.
Hubbard did say L's completions were able to go exterior
with full perception. I've not seen evidence all could, maybe
some could. I don't believe that Trey has made such claims.
He was trained by Pierre.

Pierre isn't without flaws, like most of us. I spent a fair
time with him and was the first person in the FZ he
contacted. IMO he knows the tech really well and is
very smart. We have had some friction including banning
anyone on my forum from doing services with him. Some
friends have been very satisfied with his services. The
best accolade I've seen was here where the senior C/S
EUS said all PCs who came out of session with him were
VVGIs.

Ron's Orgs last I checked had trained 25 or so on L's.
I met one can't recall if before or after she did L's,
however she had a beautiful presence.

phenomanon

Canyon

I don't want to butt in, because I dunno who all is practicing in the Field these daze.
I do know that Trey Lotz got his training ( thru Class VIII, I can personally vouch for), and has maintained the reputation that he has earned thru years of experience, a fine Auditor.
It is more likely that I would be delivering auditing, than it is likely that I would be receiving it, but if I were to want any, I would call Trey.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
I don't want to butt in, because I dunno who all is practicing in the Field these daze.
I do know that Trey Lotz got his training ( thru Class VIII, I can personally vouch for), and has maintained the reputation that he has earned thru years of experience, a fine Auditor.
It is more likely that I would be delivering auditing, than it is likely that I would be receiving it, but if I were to want any, I would call Trey.
Reading back over my post, it appears that I was taking a pop at Trey. I wasn't - I was just exploring where he got his Ls training, but then went off on a bit of a tangent, saying I wasn't impressed by what I had seen of his Ls trainer, Pierre Ethier, on youtube. Trey strikes me as a man of integrity who is trying to do good things in the world, and people on here seem to be confirming that.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Hi everyone!

I was involved with Scientology for about a year. I was out mentally about a month a go, but finally stopped making excuses to the Org a couple weeks ago. I haven’t publicly left or even told them I’m never coming back, but did tell them I’m “taking a break.” There are strategic reasons I haven’t formally broken up with Scn. I’m a bit paranoid now and don’t want to give my endgame away in case they have moles here. It’s crazy that I have to think this way!!! That says a lot about the organization.

Right now I’m sitting at home with the blinds shut. They came to my house without warning yesterday and also earlier in the week. I’m a bit stressed about it. Can anyone identify with what I’m going through?

Edit: Just noticed my FB profile pic was used here! Glad I caught that right away! I wouldn’t put anything past them.
Without naming the org, or details which might identify you, what can you tell us about conditions at your old org, as of when you left?

Were they offering auditor training? Did they actually audit PCs in the HGC?

Steven

My name is Chris, and I was a Scientologist
Without naming the org, or details which might identify you, what can you tell us about conditions at your old org, as of when you left?

Were they offering auditor training? Did they actually audit PCs in the HGC?
Yes. It’s a Class V Org. They audit PCs and offer training. As far as the training goes, while I was on my Objectives my auditor and I often passed the Academy. One day at about 11 he remarked about how there was no one in the Academy. He couldn’t understand why there was so little interest in such a powerful technology. I’d noticed this before, but was surprised to hear a long-time Scientologist note it. Unlike him, I was aware of all the criticism in the public, that the bad press and bad actions of the religion were the cause, but I refrained from commenting.

There was marginally more auditing happening at the Org. But still, there couldn’t have been more than 5 PCs auditing in the HGC at a time. It may peak every once in a while at 8 or 10, but that was unusual.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
One day at about 11 he remarked about how there was no one in the Academy. He couldn’t understand why there was so little interest in such a powerful technology. I’d noticed this before, but was surprised to hear a long-time Scientologist note it.
Was it just that one day, or was it the norm that there would be nobody in the Academy? And how many auditors were auditing those PCs?

I remember when I first got in, during the late 1970's. There was so much training going on, that the org was cramped.

The Comm Course (which then focused on TR's 0-4) had about 20 people in there. The hallway outside the Comm Course room had HQS students doing objective process training. The Academy had dozens of students doing e-meter drills. The academy students would grab comm course students during breaks to do meter drills with them. It was all very busy.

And now, an absence of people doing any auditor training, which means the HGC closes when the last auditor blows.

Steven

Was it just that one day, or was it the norm that there would be nobody in the Academy? And how many auditors were auditing those PCs?

I remember when I first got in, during the late 1970's. There was so much training going on, that the org was cramped.

The Comm Course (which then focused on TR's 0-4) had about 20 people in there. The hallway outside the Comm Course room had HQS students doing objective process training. The Academy had dozens of students doing e-meter drills. The academy students would grab comm course students during breaks to do meter drills with them. It was all very busy.

And now, an absence of people doing any auditor training, which means the HGC closes when the last auditor blows.
In the year I was in, I saw 2 pairs working on the Comm Course, and I'm pretty sure they weren't fresh of the street public taking the course.

The empty Academy is the norm. On a really good day (e.g. the days leading up to LRH's birthday celebration), there may be 6-8 students in the Academy, but it's typical for there to be 0-2. Keep in mind this is one of the "big" Class V Ideal Orgs--they've won the Birthday Game.

When I was on the SRD before switching to the Objectives in the HGC, there was often another pair on the SRD. The last few times I was at the Org there wasn't a single pair of PCs on the SRD.

There may be 1 person doing meter drills, but that's pretty rare.

I can't remember how many auditors they have total, but I believe it's like 10 day and 5 foundation. But there can't be more than 6 auditing at any one time; and that's probably pushing it.

I'm getting closer to telling my story publicly. There are a TON of juicy bits. You'll hear it here first. For instance, there's the time I was on the receiving end of some insane IAS regging. Absolutely nuts and the beginning of the end for me.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
The empty Academy is the norm. On a really good day (e.g. the days leading up to LRH's birthday celebration), there may be 6-8 students in the Academy, but it's typical for there to be 0-2. Keep in mind this is one of the "big" Class V Ideal Orgs--they've won the Birthday Game.
If attendence varies that much, it indicates that they are putting students who are doing 1-2 day "mini courses" in the Academy, because they don't have a Div 6 course sup.

Regular Academy auditor levels generally have students doing them for months.

Steven

If attendence varies that much, it indicates that they are putting students who are doing 1-2 day "mini courses" in the Academy, because they don't have a Div 6 course sup.

Regular Academy auditor levels generally have students doing them for months.
They're definitely doing that. They don't have a Div 6 course sup. Those rooms appear never to have been used. When I was on my objectives we'd wander around the Org, and I was shocked by how many unused courtrooms there are.

That's a good point about attendance variance. A lot of people are coming for course from great distances, so I think they tend to do short spurts of study. When I was on a series of LI courses, I didn't really see the same people in the Academy every day. I always hated being on course and avoided it as much as possible. Auditing I could observe working for me. It was hard to see Student Hat doing anything for me. What a stupid course. I had to clear 60 words in one study session because of all the BS photography terms LRH used. What a waste. I never finished and never will. Fortunately, my needle floats fast, so my lesson checkouts (and everything else in Scientology) went quick and easy. I probably would have blown if I had to listen to an LRH lecture twice in a row! No joke. I told multiple staff members how much I hated listening to lectures. I can't believe they didn't send me to ethics.

As a relevant aside: I was seriously annoyed when Bridge sold me the Congresses saying that they're "easy" to listen to. When I received them I was shocked by how terrible those lectures are. LRH had a kind of charisma, but he was a terrible public speaker. I'd be interested to read an analysis of his speaking style. He diverts repeatedly, and you forget what the hell the topic of the lecture was.

phenomanon

Canyon
They're definitely doing that. They don't have a Div 6 course sup. Those rooms appear never to have been used. When I was on my objectives we'd wander around the Org, and I was shocked by how many unused courtrooms there are.

That's a good point about attendance variance. A lot of people are coming for course from great distances, so I think they tend to do short spurts of study. When I was on a series of LI courses, I didn't really see the same people in the Academy every day. I always hated being on course and avoided it as much as possible. Auditing I could observe working for me. It was hard to see Student Hat doing anything for me. What a stupid course. I had to clear 60 words in one study session because of all the BS photography terms LRH used. What a waste. I never finished and never will. Fortunately, my needle floats fast, so my lesson checkouts (and everything else in Scientology) went quick and easy. I probably would have blown if I had to listen to an LRH lecture twice in a row! No joke. I told multiple staff members how much I hated listening to lectures. I can't believe they didn't send me to ethics.

As a relevant aside: I was seriously annoyed when Bridge sold me the Congresses saying that they're "easy" to listen to. When I received them I was shocked by how terrible those lectures are. LRH had a kind of charisma, but he was a terrible public speaker. I'd be interested to read an analysis of his speaking style. He diverts repeatedly, and you forget what the hell the topic of the lecture was.
It was a trick he used to cause you to get confused, and more easily hypnotized.:D

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
I found him
[QUOTE LRH had a kind of charisma, but he was a terrible public speaker. I'd be interested to read an analysis of his speaking style. He diverts repeatedly, and you forget what the hell the topic of the lecture was.[/QUOTE]

I found him difficult to understand face-to-face sometimes as he had a sort of a slur to his words. It was especially hard for me to understand him if he was angry and shouting. He did have charisma, and at the time I was scared of him, as I was 11 and he towered above me. I remember when he broke his arm, and walking around the deck on The Apollo, that he was especially grumpy as he was in pain, and I could hardly understand what he said to me!

Steven

It was a trick he used to cause you to get confused, and more easily hypnotized.:D
It had the opposite effect on me. Although I was still interested in progressing up the Bridge, I started filing away the little insanities, and when I’d amassed an overwhelming pile of data, I blew.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Chris Shelton did an interview recently with Marc Headley and Marc had some interesting things to say about Hubbard's taped lectures. Marc's post meant he got to listen to the unedited tapes and he says some of them are really bad. Very few people in attendance, no applause and even some heckling!

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi everyone!

I was involved with Scientology for about a year. I was out mentally about a month a go, but finally stopped making excuses to the Org a couple weeks ago. I haven’t publicly left or even told them I’m never coming back, but did tell them I’m “taking a break.” There are strategic reasons I haven’t formally broken up with Scn. I’m a bit paranoid now and don’t want to give my endgame away in case they have moles here. It’s crazy that I have to think this way!!! That says a lot about the organization.

Right now I’m sitting at home with the blinds shut. They came to my house without warning yesterday and also earlier in the week. I’m a bit stressed about it. Can anyone identify with what I’m going through?

Edit: Just noticed my FB profile pic was used here! Glad I caught that right away! I wouldn’t put anything past them.
If you don't have connections (friends, employers, family ) in Scientology then you can simply walk away. They would use those connections as leverage (lose your friends, job family).

Yes they will keep calling forever but if they don't have any leverage tell them you are out. If they do have leverage then be polite and tell them you don't have time or money.

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thanks! This place is a lifesaver.

I talked to my Reg the other day because I have unfinished business with some Scientologists, and despite everything I know about Scientology after having watched every video I can find on YouTube and reading all the anti blogs, there was a small part of me that wanted to go back. I know that auditing just puts me in a euphoric trance state and doesn’t necessarily contribute to my spiritual well-being, but it was kind of like a drug for me. I flew up the Bridge because I was a Scn fiend, chasing that high. And if it were possible to be a casual, low-dollar Scientologist, I’d be tempted to dabble for fun. But we all know that’s impossible. So it’s with a slight twinge of loss that I walk away.

Still, I can say with confidence, f$@& Scientology and its midget helmsman.
Its euphoric because it is hypnosis. and hypnosis works for some people to feel better. It even makes you feel better if the incidents you contact are not real. I too chased that euphoric feeling. If you want hypno therapy there are cheaper ways to get it.