Gold Meritorious Patron
Just saw this - for what it's worth...

AOL homepage headline:

"Travolta's Through With Scientology?
Why He's Threatening to Leave Church"

Lots of folks are gonna see that!

_brian

WogRevert
Hi WO and any post welcomers :) I've a few things to mention, add or tell on some other threads.

I have been around on the board since it started.

Brian

:welcome: to ESMB, brian! Great first post, tell us more about yourself, please! :)

EP: LINK!!???

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
AOL homepage headline:

"Travolta's Through With Scientology?
Why He's Threatening to Leave Church"

Lots of folks are gonna see that!

I can't find that headline on AOL, but look what I found instead:

John Travolta: 'Forever' a Scientologist, Says Rep
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20294135,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

What rep? Who is this guy? Paul Bloch?

Quote from Mollie Cyrus:
"Kelly Preston is my hero," Cyrus Tweeted on July 7. "She is so wonderful and has healed so beautifully. That family is such a blessing." :omg: :omg: :omg:

AOL homepage:

Church and State of Depression

A still-grieving John Travolta wants to quit Scientology over his son Jett's death because he's angry the church didn't do more to help his reportedly autistic son, alleges Showbiz Spy. But the church won't let him go that easily, and it keeps files of embarrassing personal details of its more famous members as insurance against just this sort of thing. Let the records show we're remaining neutral -- we would never dis the Church of Scientology. Never, ever. (July 27)

The other report about JT is very carefully worded. Says there is "no change" in his relationship with COS and he is still is a member. But I say, don't hang around waiting to see him actually make any public statements supporting the Church. He hasn't done that in decades. He has "distance" there, unlike TC. He was done with COS way back when he did the "Rolling Stone" article, making it known that he did not support COS. (I'm saying COS not scientology itself).

Last edited:

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Still there!

Quote from Mollie Cyrus:
"Kelly Preston is my hero," Cyrus Tweeted on July 7. "She is so wonderful and has healed so beautifully. That family is such a blessing." :omg: :omg: :omg:

It is still on my "AOL.com" welcome to to AOL homepage "in entertainment" box.

No clue as to WTF Paul Bloch is.

And the Mylie (or whatever the child's first name is) Cyrus quote leaves me with a hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach.

CornPie

Patron Meritorious
I have just read the article If the church...does release personal info on him like it was suggested, they should face the full force of public outrage...
. scientology is probably head f***ing JT 'every day' with innuendos.
. They are skilled at getting people you know, to participate, it is amazing.
. My bet is, he will never be able to prove that scientology 'gaslighted' him.
. Their resources are endless, their persistence is overwhelming, they are devious.
. They continually invent new ways to gaslight you, attempting to 'shut you up'.
. JT is a big target, I can only imagine how hard they're harassing him right now.
. Only he can decide, if he wants to stick the dagger into the beast, and face the music.
. He might give into the pressure, but maybe he'll start shafting them. Every day.

Last edited:

FlunkedForLaughing

Patron with Honors

Quote from Mollie Cyrus:

The article on People.com sounds like it was written by an OSA rep, in response to this thread!

Is Mollie Cyrus Scn-infected? Her quote sounds like a planted OSA statement. How would Mollie know that Kelly has healed so beautifully?

Next on the list should be Tom Cruise and Lisa Marie Presley to say something from OSA too.

FFL

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
John Travolta is not a scientologist.

A 'scientologist' would be 'over' the mere upset of losing a Son in about 5 minutes ... (or at least pretend to be) due to the application of the amazing and astonishing tech.

:melodramatic:

John Travolta clearly 'feels' and is undoubtedly a beautiful and compassionate person ... and that alone (in my book anyway) means he is NOT a real scientologist and I doubt that he ever was.

He has only ever known the 'PR' version ... the version that sucked him in at a very low point in his life when he was still young and naive (2 other significant deaths I believe ... Diana Hyland and his beloved Ma) and they handled him with the proverbial kid gloves (they really were out and hunting down celeb's at that point ... hence the opening of 'celeb centres').

:shark:

How many 'churches' have a 'church' just for the celebs it intends to catch ... where the staff are chosen with extreme care (apparently even that utter fool, Tommy Davis can do a good 'PR suck up' when required, hence his position in the CC)?

John Travolta is not a scientologist but he is trapped in scientology and I expect that is why he has never carried on like Tom Cruise ... John Travolta has dignity in abundance ... something not often seen or appreciated in scientology circles!

Tom Cruise is a scientologist ... he has that robotic look with the 'streak of meanness' about him that you need, to be a good scientologist ... he would flick a mere death off like last weeks washing IMHO ... and then go on Oprah to tell us all how he did it, using ... the amazing tech (but I doubt he would jump on the sofa as that would be a bit tacky).

I feel very sad for John Travolta and whatever he does regarding scientology (or does not do) I wish him all the peace and love that he deserves.

:bigcry:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Goddamn I feel for the poor guy - he'll be going over all the "what-if's" in his head constantly.

I only hope he finds some real solution - like ESMB.

Until he actually gets beyond the cult's "you are totally responsible for everything that happens to you" he'll be in his own private hell.

And he's too nice a guy to waste his life like that.

Come join us soon, John.

"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."

Scoots, you have reality on what John is going through. Maybe you should try writing him a letter and just reach out and give him some emotional support. I think he needs it so much right now and I think you would be one of the best people to give it to him. Just a thought.

skydog

Patron Meritorious

I read the People article and was going to post a link here. I don't know that it confirms or denies whether John will "blow" the church. The spokesman says that his relationship with the organization has not changed and that he remains a scientologist. That could mean a lot of things.

I hope he decides to denounce DM and the current management and practice in the freezone if that is his choice.

holdemm

Patron
I just saw this too:

http://www.buddytv.com/breaking-news/travolta-denies-scientology-split-357537.aspx

JOHN TRAVOLTA has dismissed rumours he has abandoned his Scientology beliefs following the tragic death of his son - insisting he remains dedicated to the faith. The Hollywood star and his wife Kelly Preston have long been prominent members of the Scientology community - but Travolta was rumoured to have lost faith in the sci-fi religion after his 16-year-old son Jett died suddenly in January (09) after suffering a seizure during a family holiday in the Bahamas. A representative for the star has slammed claims Travolta has distanced himself from the religion following the tragedy - calling the reports "totally false." Travolta's spokesman Paul Bloch tells People.com, "There's no change in the relationship between the Church of Scientology and John. He is a member and it's as it was, now and forever." (LR/WNWCPL/KL)
- WENN.com

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
SOLUTIONS

With the current entheta from the top down the environment

of the "Church" is suppressive simply in the theta/entheta universe.

So this means there is no ultimate solution for Travolta there.

That is an absolute.

If he wants the same resolution he had originally, using the true tech,

when his girlfriend, Diana Hyland died, he has no choice but to leave,

as "executive" C/Sing has been happening for a long time in the CO$.

(example: DM and Lisa McPherson)

Also there are too many reports of out-tech C/Sing at the Class 12 level.

Also there can be no justification for supporting an SP regardless,

which he has done since 1983, tacitly at least.

I would hope he'd meet in secret with Jason Beghe for starters,

or at least look at his video.

I have a handle for this, as I know someone who could and would get in

comm with Jett and set him up for another body or whatever was needed.

He did it to help me once.

This person is still in. His handling would be fast A-to-B

and a real solution, likely getting him oriented to a new body from

Kelly getting pregnant again, and no vacinations this time to give autism.

I certainly hope that John has the integrity to get out and leave and the

good sense to beat the Church to any confessional data blackmail with a

public news conference confessional of his own.

I agree with the posters above when they say the public would forgive him.

BTW, the original Blackmail Policy from LRH said that the crimes of anyone

receiving Blackmail would be automatically forgiven and the Blackmailer would

be the only one liable for Justice. I can find it if anyone wants it.

(I doubt seriously if DM left it in in the second set of revised green volumes !)

The last thing I want to say is that somehow after his 1983 interview the

"Church" "handled" him and in so doing he broke his Code of Honor and

therefore his INTEGRITY. This and the crap out-tech on OT 7 has obviously

by this observer brought this good being to his knees, of course including the

lose of Jett, who I think he loved more than anyone else it seems to me.

Well that is my view on things.

Wisened One

Crusader
Earlier today JT was in the Top Searches in Yahoo, and when you click on his name, all these top stories are saying he's still a scn, blablablaaaa. Gee, somobody's workin' overtime (sleeping under their desk, even?) to get these stories plastered all over the Net over just a few stories saying he's distancing himself...:eyeroll:

I read the People article and was going to post a link here. I don't know that it confirms or denies whether John will "blow" the church. The spokesman says that his relationship with the organization has not changed and that he remains a scientologist. That could mean a lot of things.

I hope he decides to denounce DM and the current management and practice in the freezone if that is his choice.

It could mean a lot of things and is carefully constructed.
It looks like JT specifically does NOT want to announce that he supports the church: Hence, the relationship "remains the same". Read - "remains the same as it was in 1988? when he made it known that he did not support the COS; the organization." (Rollingstone article)

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Earlier today JT was in the Top Searches in Yahoo, and when you click on his name, all these top stories are saying he's still a scn, blablablaaaa. Gee, somobody's workin' overtime (sleeping under their desk, even?) to get these stories plastered all over the Net over just a few stories saying he's distancing himself...:eyeroll:

I know right?!!! :yes: way over board.

And where the hell is that piece from Kelly? I am not buying that JT is *not* disaffected until I hear it from the sources mouth. Aren’t all of JT’s “people” scilons anyways? I mean except for his gay lo….a hech…. Nanny right?

I say leave the man alone (all sides) and let him deal. I can't imagine the pain he is going through. God forbid I ever learn.