Travolta / Gotti Film release cancelled!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Reports from Newspapers, Blogs, and ' started by Leland, Dec 6, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

answer: The film rights to Battlefield Earth would have been sold to the production company making the movie. The amount that would have been paid on a book/deal like that is very little, at most (I would venture an educated guess) in the range of $200,00, mainly because Author Services would have probably had an ego-bloated, inflated "asking price" of $1M. But reality would have set in and they would have backed off those hallucinogenic numbers in order to help get the movie made. Remember, the other premier LRH literary properties Mission Earth and Battle Beyond The Stars never even got as far as a production deal. Nobody (on this planet) was willing to make ANY kind of deal on those, so that is the best barometer of how hard it would be to get an LRH property into a movie deal. That's why i say that the film rights to BE would have been sold for whatever they could get in order to not impede the film starring Travolta from getting made.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I recall getting briefed during the 1980's that Mission Earth was going to be made into a TV Series!

I'm still waiting. :waiting:

Attached Files:

• BE.jpg
      BE.jpg
      File size:
      22.3 KB
      Views:
  3. phenomanon

phenomanon Front door security.

Poor JT, He just can't seem to catch a break in his career. I doubt that he cares. He makes enough money to support a lavish lifestyle, and gets admiration aplenty as a celeb.

4. HelluvaHoax!

Mission Earth actually WAS made into a TV series but the show's ratings bombed worse than Gotti, so the cult did a WHY FINDING and discovered that audiences quickly turned off the channel when they realized that it was Ron Hubbard's cult fraudulently selling hokey sci-fi hoaxes as real science. Further research (using standard Data Series evaluations) revealed that after Dr. Hubbard's earlier discovery of Xenu was leaked, audiences became Xenu-phobic racists that would not allow illegal aliens to cross the border and enter one's mind.

Thus, the cult ordered a "page 1 rewrite" of the screenplay and changed the plot and format entirely, even losing the name "Mission Earth"---now calling it Scientology TV. The remade version is not geared at story-telling like the original Mission Earth series of books. Instead it re-formatted as a 24/7 long-form infomercial that desperately tries to convince the audience that Scientology is something normal people love.

Famously missing from their eternally running infomercial is the PRICE of the product they are pushing. They never reveal that it costs a fortune, both financially and personally, and that if you try to complain to the cult's CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT, they send goons to your house to terrorize you and kill your pets.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  5. Type4_PTS

Scientology is truly the only organization I'm of aware of on this planet (or other planets ;)) where if the organization made an error of some type due to auditor errors, incompetence, an SP transcriptionist within the organization altering the "scriptures", etc., then the CUSTOMER is responsible (as a matter of policy) to pay to have the problem fixed.

Outside the Scientology bubble, if an organization delivers a defective product then it is responsible to fix the problem. Can you imagine if we lived on a Scientology-run planet? You'd get a letter from your car dealer informing you of a dangerous manufacture defect in your car that's been discovered. It would demand that you come in to their service department due to a recall, to fix the problem and they would not only charge YOU to fix the problem but they'd make a HUGE profit off you when you did pay.

Then if you tried to report them to some consumer protection agency or give them a bad review online they'd do as you indicated, run some kind of Fair Game campaign on you to terrorize you until you remove the bad review or contact the consumer protection agency and withdraw your report.

I'd love to see someone do a movie set in an all-Scientology world. That would be a way to inoculate much of the planet in one shot. :D

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Dave B.

Dave B. Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

Or put LSD in your tooth paste.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  7. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Sounds like the problem is they tried to take this too seriously. Now if Gotti looked like Terl or Terl looked like Gotti and they mixed it up a little I'd watch it.

8. Type4_PTS

I looked at the box office stats for this weekend and I see that Gotti is playing in less theaters this weekend then last. If the audience LOVES the movie as we've been told by the marketing people wouldn't these theaters all have wanted to hold onto the movie for a 2'nd weekend?

9. HelluvaHoax!

Wrong!

Audiences were routinely BLOWN AWAY by Gotti.

The reason attendance temporarily went down is that movie-goers need more time to enjoy their wins and let their persistent F/Ns go away. Then they will flood back into theaters for second and third paid viewings.

The other reason the film hasn't hit mega-blockbuster status yet is "com lag". To wit, audiences love GOTTI with all their hearts, they just don't know it yet so they can spread viral word-of-mouth support. Once the com lag is over, they will begin promoting it like nobody's business and Mr. Travolta's movie will flourish and prosper.

I also had a confidential briefing that I am going to take a big risk and share with you all. Golden Era Studios did an eval on "GOTTI'S" dismal box-office numbers. They determined (scientifically) that the movie GOTTI was so amazing that it was above peoples' havingness level. In other words, they couldn't have a movie that great, so naturally they did not go buy a ticket and see it. Scientology can handle this ruin in the art world where people reject masterpieces because of their pitiful low-toned, low-havingness case state. With Ron's tech, beings' havingness will come up out of the mud and soar, and with it the culture will be flooded with dormant masterpieces, triggering the greatest golden age of aesthetics in the history of the planet, on this planet.

So, I feel pretty great about the future of GOTTI!

10. Leland

Leland Crusader

There was another movie "in the works..." back in the mid 1990's...

Revolt in the Stars. ( the OT3 story...) This movie script was written by L.R. Hubbard, I believe...

There were scripts floating around Hollywood for awhile...

I got a hold of one and...read it.

But that project was shelved...?

I don't really know anything more than that.

I believe the Cult asked ( sent the word out on the rumor line ) that all the copies of the Script should be turned in...?

Why would the Cult want to make a Movie containing information...(that could kill you, if you knew about it?) :cool:

11. HelluvaHoax!

ANSWER: Because killing you quickly by pneumonia is not pro-survival. The cult's successful action is to kill you slowly so that there is sufficient time to liquidate all your assets so they can be donated.

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  12. HelluvaHoax!

Part II: Yeah, I read that "REVOLT IN THE STARS" screenplay.

If any Scientologist wrote that they would be declared and destroyed by Fair Game.

But Ron wrote it, so it's a miraculous paranormal messianic event!

SCIENTOLOGY HAIKU DU JOUR: So, what is the difference whether Ron wrote it or a Scientologist wrote it? Why is the same screenplay simultaneously both a messianic miracle and a viciously evil atrocity against mankind?
    HAIKU ANSWER: Because Ron knows the wholetrack research and tech of how to destimulate the 4th Dynamic engram by releasing just enough information that it is tantamount to a contact assist to read his script. On the other hand, anyone else writing the same screenplay (verbatim!) would be sabotaging the only way out of the trap by cruelly restimulating mankind with confidential and highly restimulative wholetrack data.​

HAIKU FOLLOW UP QUESTION: Yeah, i get that there are two different authors, but if the screenplay is identical in both cases, why does one blow the charge and free the being while the other restimulates the charge and kills the being?​

HAIKU ANSWER PART II: Obviously, you are not a Scientologist or you would not be asking that question. Ron stated that this is what happens when he writes about OT III. It's not just an opinion or some random thought. Otherwise he would have said it. But he didn't just "say" it. He STATED it. Big difference. You DBs down there on earth just don't get it, do you. Ron is infallible so if he says something don't devT him or make him wrong by disagreeing. Just do what he says and you'll attain spiritual freedom, you counter-intentioned cocksucker. ​

13. HelluvaHoax!

Yeah, several major media sources have already proclaimed GOTTI amongst the biggest "bombs" of the year.

This weekend (its second in release) GOTTI plummeted down 63% of the previous opening week. That means it's officially Dead-On-Arrival.

Commercial diaster. Critical disaster.

The film makers already played the "conspiracy" card where everyone supposedly ganged up on them to prevent their movie from being successful. People laughed at that lame explanation, especially when it was discovered that all the fans on RT who loved it had just opened an account to review one movie.

Now what excuse are they going to use to explain why it was am amateurish hot mess?

CURIOUS FAN
    Hey John, how come your movie bombed? Anything to do
    with you as the star actor and leading producer?

TRAVOLTA
    I'm so glad you asked me that. Nooooooo, you have it
    all wrong. My movie didn't bomb. People love it!

CURIOUS FAN
    Then why don't they go to the theater and buy tickets?

TRAVOLTA
    Listen my friend, people only attack GOTTI when it's
    winning and reaching box-office blockbuster status---
    and winning awards.

CURIOUS FAN
    But that didn't happen. Both your boxoffice and
    your reviews suck worse than having xenu-aliens
    stuck in the egress of your alimentary canal.

TRAVOLTA
    People love my movie. They're only attacking my movie
    because they love it----errr--or something like that. Um...
    my guru said it best, I mean whatever Ron said totally explains
    it, you should really look into Scientology.

14. Type4_PTS

I noticed that ever since the manipulation of the RT audience score has become widely reported the score has steadily dropped. It was up around 80% at one point but now down to 59%.
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gotti_2018/

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  15. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

. . .
    Too soon?

A year ago -- June 2017 -- I posted my mock-up of DVD
    packaging for a straight-to-dvd release of Gotti. Maybe
    I was a little premature in bringing up the idea.
    Maybe it's time. :shrug:
    gotti2.jpg
    The special features on disc two include:
    • Entourage star Kevin Connolly on being a director of a major film
    • Watching Kevin Connolly direct his stars on set
    • Connolly and Gotti crafting a script about a real life legend
    • Behind the scenes script committees making changes
    • Co-director John Gotti, Jr. giving editorial direction on set
    • Travolta making the "transformation" in morning makeup
    • Travolta in the rehearsal script readings capturing the real man
    • Pitbull recording hip hop tracks in studio
    • John Gotti, Jr. updating his Facebook page
    • Travolta mobbed by fans in Cincinnati eateries after hours
    • Interviews with all 40 producers
    • And much more . . . over 4 hours of extras
    I think the special features would be more entertaining than the
    movie and worth the price to add this gem to your DVD collection.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Type4_PTS

FIFY :)

The official credits listed 44 producers! :D
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1801552/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  17. Type4_PTS

I've never heard of a film with that many producers ever before and attempted to find out what the record was.

Stephen Follows, a producer, and a film data researcher checked the number of producers for the 1000 top-grossing films between 1994-2013. He wrote:
    In my article about department sizes on Hollywood films a few weeks ago (based on the top-grossing 1,000 films 1994-2013) I listed the five productions with the largest number of producers. In my study, Lee Daniel’s The Butler has 39 producers credited to it – 5 producers, 17 executive producers, 6 co-executive producers, 4 co-producers and 7 associate producers.
    https://stephenfollows.com/how-many-movie-producers-per-film/

18. triumph

triumph Patron Meritorious

19. Type4_PTS

Is anyone aware of a film with more than 44 producers?

20. HelluvaHoax!

In an earlier post I mentioned that I saw GOTTI and was shocked at how horrifically tone deaf the music was. . .

Here's a snip from an article online today that explains a little bit of why it was too painful for me to describe detail, lol. You have to pause and marvel at how incredibly STUPID and LITERAL the musical selections were.

Honestly, they picked songs with words that had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the scene, other than both might have a common irrelevancy.

CUT TO: Gangster Gotti walking on some NY street
    MUSIC BEGINS: "Walk Like An Egyptian"

Because he is "walking".

And the song has the word "walk".

So, it's the perfect song, right?

This is the moronic level of thought of the people that produced the movie. And produced a bomb.

excerpt:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018