What's new

Travolta News . . . badda bing, badda boom!

Jump

Operating teatime

Thanks for photo.

I see Travolta has been practicing his "menacing look". It'll work great in the Gotti movie.

Up until he has a line of dialogue and has to speak.

Then it's all a chipmunk-sounding, dwindling downward spiral.

Like hey Vinnie - up you nose wit a rubber hose.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
. . .
Biopic on mob boss John Gotti, The Life and Death of John Gotti, filming in Cincinnati beginning July 25.

Starring John Travolta as Gotti and his real-life wife, Kelly Preston, as Gotti’s spouse, Victoria.

“Entourage” actor Kevin Connolly will direct.

View attachment 12843

http://nypost.com/2016/07/14/biopic-on-mob-boss-john-gotti-wont-be-filming-in-new-york-city/

:coolwink:
He will fit the part perfectly. A member of a criminal con organization that steals money in exchange for shattering lives whilst he gets fame and glory.

I do hope John Travolta and Kelly Preston wake up.....just long enough to grasp the entire concept of how badly they have been conned.

The wrath of JT could bring down the house of cards.

I think Hurricane Leah followed by Hurricane Lisa Maria are going to do some serious damage to Scientology's dog and pony show! Go GIRLS GO!

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

Thank God!

When I first read about it (appx 6 years ago) my immediate reaction was: "ONE OF THE WORST CASTING DECISIONS OF ALL TIME!"

Gotti was a brutal murderer with the obligatory thuggish rasp & threatening intimidation in his voice. Travolta's voice (off or on screen) is a high pitched joke. He can't act around it, it's always there.

Travolta can't play tough. He can't play evil. He's tried it. Miserable failure, actually laughable.

He's apparently stuck in that "Johnny Good-Boy" valence. LOL

Wait, here's something even more abominable than Travolta pretending to be John Gotti. Around 1983, there was another mafia film deal that almost got made. With Sylvester Stallone directing and starring, Travolta was going to be co-starring in Godfather III. (i think I just threw up in the theta universe)

Does puke look/taste different in the theta universe than it does in the MEST universe?

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
Lights, camera, action in Cincinnati! It's happening!

Menacing "John Gotti" signs an autograph after shooting.

travolta1a.jpg

WCPO_gotti_Springfield_TWP_Exterior_1469482176505_43088401_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
. . .
Lights, camera, action in Cincinnati! It's happening!

Menacing "John Gotti" signs an autograph after shooting.

View attachment 12912

View attachment 12913

[video=youtube;VeTJsQHlJYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeTJsQHlJYM[/video]

This is not a movie.

It's a celebrity & celebrity-wannabe clusterfuck.

This kind of hyperbolic, self-congratulatory adulation BEFORE the film is even made is how you end up with a Battlefield Earth.

Well, there's my prediction. LOL

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
Here's Gotti Jr. running around the set (center) probably wondering what
suggestions he's gonna write down for the director, Kevin Connolly.

2016-07-26 16_14_03-'The Life and Death of John Gotti' stars, director spotted in Cincinnati - S.jpg
Kevin and Jr. at a steakhouse for dinner, cigars,
and mugging for fans. (Look at those guns on Jr.) :wink2:

2016-07-26 18_18_40-'The Life and Death of John Gotti' stars, director spotted in Cincinnati - S.jpg
HH, what could possibly go wrong? :roflmao:

fuggedaboutita.jpg

PS: I'll keep posting some dailies, still shots
from the set, just to keep the thread alive. :coolwink:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

Thank God!

When I first read about it (appx 6 years ago) my immediate reaction was: "ONE OF THE WORST CASTING DECISIONS OF ALL TIME!"

Gotti was a brutal murderer with the obligatory thuggish rasp & threatening intimidation in his voice. Travolta's voice (off or on screen) is a high pitched joke. He can't act around it, it's always there.

Travolta can't play tough. He can't play evil. He's tried it. Miserable failure, actually laughable.

He's apparently stuck in that "Johnny Good-Boy" valence. LOL

Wait, here's something even more abominable than Travolta pretending to be John Gotti. Around 1983, there was another mafia film deal that almost got made. With Sylvester Stallone directing and starring, Travolta was going to be co-starring in Godfather III. (i think I just threw up in the theta universe)

Yeah, Saturday Night Fever was custom made for him and his voice, because the action revolved around B&T Guidos - which is basically what he is and always will be.

He can't do heavy speaking voices, and he CAN'T SING. Oh God, save my ears from his "singing".

I listen to streaming music in the car because I can't stand American commercial radio (Antenne Bayern, on the other hand...). One of the stations I listen to is a Swiss '70s channel. They have a couple of his "songs" on rotation. Fortunately, given that this is a European and not a Clear Channel play list, that means I only hear them once or twice a week, and not once or twice an hour. But that is enough. I can't believe Olivia-Newton John didn't secretly poison his snacks at craft services to get a better-singing leading man for Grease, and Lord help me I didn't even know this travesty existed until I heard it on the radio (I must have missed that episode when I was a kid):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c_BIvI9NTI

Tennille should have accidentally whacked him in the fork with a mike stand right before the number to spare herself the embarrassment of "performing" with him.

If you, too were unaware of that recording, so sorry to expose y'all to that. :no:

OK, not. :melodramatic:

If I've got to have that in my head the rest of the afternoon, I felt that I needed to share the "joy". :omg:

:hysterical::hysterical:

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
This is not a movie.

It's a celebrity & celebrity-wannabe clusterfuck.

. . . is how you end up with a Battlefield Earth.
Hey, this is the Gotti family remember.

After all the smiles and back slapping, there could
be some serious consequences for bad outcomes. :whistling:

Today they had a grip polishing up the Cadillac limo parked
out in front of the house, getting it ready for some in-car shots.

1.0_640_480.jpg

(a Cadillac is always better than Lincoln :coolwink: )

First look at "Gotti" holding court and the Mrs.

I think he's found the "central core" of the character from the look of it

2016-07-27.jpg

:buzzin:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
For you mob fanboys, who know the Gambino family dramatis personæ . . .

• Stacey Keach is playing Neil Dellacroce, the famed underboss for the Gambino family who mentored Gotti;
  • Emmy winner Pruitt Taylor Vince has been set as Gotti enforcer Angelo Ruggeiro;
  • Unbroken’s Spencer Lofranco plays John Gotti Jr.;
  • William DeMeo plays Gotti’s right hand man-turned-FBI informant Sammy Gravano;
  • Leo Rossi plays Gotti enforcer Bobby Boriello

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
. . .

• Stacey Keach is playing Neil Dellacroce, the famed underboss for the Gambino family who mentored Gotti;
  • Emmy winner Pruitt Taylor Vince has been set as Gotti enforcer Angelo Ruggeiro;
  • William DeMeo plays Gotti’s right hand man-turned-FBI informant Sammy Gravano;

Who's going to play these three winners?

51120897.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

--snipped--

Yeah, Saturday Night Fever was custom made for him and his voice, because the action revolved around B&T Guidos - which is basically what he is and always will be.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I can't believe you went there. LOLOL

For our international brothers/sisters of the board who may be experiencing MU phenomena. . .

(courtesy of Urban Dictionary):

--Bridge & Tunnel, people that do not live in Manhattan, but live nearby and have to enter to entertain themselves via either...

--Short for "bridge and tunnel", the term refers to those who travel into Manhattan from outlying areas such as New Jersey and Long Island to take advantage of the city's nightlife. The term may also include those who come into Manhattan from New York City's other four boroughs. The term is often used in a deragatory manner indicating that those who fall under this term are young and/or trashy and dilluting the quality of New York nightlife. (Do you want to go to that new club on Thursday instead of Friday so that we can miss the B&T crowd?)

--
Bridge and Tunnel trash. What Manhattanites call intruders (who don't live in Manhattan) who uses bridges and tunnels to enter into Manhattan. ("Guido is so B&T! He needs to go back to Jersey!")

Okay, people--use the term B&T in sentences until you feel good about it.

And don't forget to clay demo the word "Guido".

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
Yo, nothin from nothin, I think John will do fine.... my mouth to Gods ear, fuggedaboudit!

Despite being a member of the single most destructive cult ever, he's a pretty good actor and with any help at all it will be a good movie. What I mean is, he's not neccessarily a guy who can single-handedly elevate a movie, like Gene Hackman. John is not at that level, but he's a seasoned pro and he can turn in a really good performance from time to time.

And I don't think the idea is make a Godfather level movie. Kevin Connolly? If the cast is of a certain level and Connolly provides decent direction it will be a good watchable movie.

After all this time I would think they have a good script by now. But, ya never know.

HelluvaHoax!

. . .

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something about that video PRESS CONFERENCE clusterfuck that I posted earlier--where they all bullshitted the public and each other. Remember how they glowingly bragged about Joe Pesci being aboard, cast to play Angelo Ruggeiro?

Angelo_Ruggiero.jpg
Angelo%20Ruggiero.jpg

latest

Just to set the record straight. . .

Pesci sued them in 2011 for using his name to promote their movie (to prospective investors, partners, et al) when he wasn't actually signed up contractually or paid yet ($3M). A couple years later (2013) he settled with them out of court under undisclosed terms.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I cannot believe a studio would do this story and cast such a lame star... I cannot believe the Gottis would sign off on this shite, I find it funny as hell that the cult would allow John T another acting travesty, especially one about the mob, especially after the BFE travesty. Given that the story is gross and horrendous (mob=not nice), wtf are they trying to prove? God/whatever help them if they/JT/producers try and portray the mob in any sort of sympathetic light. Are they fucking stupid? (rhetorical Q)
IMHO Travolta has lost his knob-gobblin-marbles, and the mobsters, though maybe trying to re-write history, are gonna haz pizza-faces.... kinda hope they put in a fortune for this one~ expecting huge returns.... *looks left* ~ *looks right* Bwahahahahahahaha! *looks under bed for horses head*

oi.