What's new

Travolta, Preston and their son

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
The following are heroes for me.

Nick and his wife for what they do with their son.

John and Kelly for the efforts they put forth with their son regardless of the bad fate that happened.

Myself being a parent of a child in the autisitc spectrum I know how much work it takes sometimes for my wife and I but all the little rewards that add up along the way. I am sure that every smile by Jett was a big win for John and Kelly.

I don't care whether John and Kelly were trying to prove the church wrong or right. I'd love to prove the church wrong but the bigger concern is making life easier for my son when the need arises and it rises pretty much every day.

Oh and by the way, I don't know about all of you but I "know" the church is wrong.

And for all we don't know maybe John and Kelly "know" the church is wrong.

And Nick, ride on brother, catch you around.

Rd00

MichelleAsWell

Patron with Honors
2nd guessing?

First of all - the article says that Jett was having two Grand Mal
seizures A WEEK???????? If that is the case he should have been being
supervised by TRAINED medical professionals - not a part time
photographer.

I'll probably be pilloried for bringing this up, BUT--the Jeff Kathrein question is blowing up.

The gossip rags have picked up that JK is the guy in the picture kissing JT that the Enquirer ran a few years ago. (For balance, JK is married, he and his wife run a photography studio.)

Regardless, if the gossip/entertainment media start frothing over the "nanny as a front for the gay lover" angle, there will be LOTS of digging and speculation, while the mainstream media looks at the "unqualified attendant-left alone for 10 hours" thing.

The Scio's can probably "discourage" mainstream media, but not the rags--I don't think this one is going away...

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
I found the Travolta's quote of "we are heartbroken that our time with him was so brief" odd. different. It does seem to speak to their beliefs that he's moved on. As a Catholic I believe that we too move on but not to another body. It would never make my grief any more bearable, however. I'm just trying to understand where they would be at this point. Do they not believe he's in Heaven, or literally just found another body to inhabit? I had read that while John was assisting the EMT he looked upward and said something like "please God, help me!" Does that fit with his beliefs?
I won't fault JT for saying that. This is an answer to the media, and he probably made a valiant effort to say something nice and coherent without breaking down. I would'nt interpret: "please God, help me!" as anything more than that's what we all might say in that situation.

I don't think we can take the 'religious' beliefs that literally. At least I didn't when I was in..

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
I'll probably be pilloried for bringing this up, BUT--the Jeff Kathrein question is blowing up.

The gossip rags have picked up that JK is the guy in the picture kissing JT that the Enquirer ran a few years ago. (For balance, JK is married, he and his wife run a photography studio.)
At the time of the smooch in the aircraft door there was speculation in the critic community that JT was in some disagreement with the cult. That he did that smooch, well knowing that paparazzis are everywhere, was not the only little 'sign'.. Maybe he experienced some of the 'shit' from CoS re. his son that Woggin' out and Feral describes (previous page).

Hmm.. Another thing I thought about.. That cleaning agent that JT suspects caused Jetts 'kawasiki syndrome'.. What was it? - Is there any other instances of this chemical making people sick? - With kawasaki?

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Well what an amazing thread, Mick is right, when Mick was in the SO he had 24 hour cover for Sean. I can verify that as true, JT would have found that so much easier than Mick.

Autism is neurological, which is physical, to do with nerves there should be no problem with that surely? I am personnaly convinced that I have Aspergers a form of autism, it explains a lot to me, it's just different, it's not wrong, doesnt make me stupid, I completed a degee last year.

I do know a brother and sister who drank 'wintergreen' as kids thinking it lemon juice and as a result theyre both completly deaf now. One is very seriously ill with m/s (dont know if that's connected, it is neurological though). They were home alone when they did it and never had any help since from the parents, who complained of lazyness at the person with M/S!

'Where is love', as another Nancy once sang in Oliver

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Well what an amazing thread, Mick is right, when Mick was in the SO he had 24 hour cover for Sean. I can verify that as true, JT would have found that so much easier than Mick.

Autism is neurological, which is physical, to do with nerves there should be no problem with that surely? I am personnaly convinced that I have Aspergers a form of autism, it explains a lot to me, it's just different, it's not wrong, doesnt make me stupid, I completed a degee last year.

I do know a brother and sister who drank 'wintergreen' as kids thinking it lemon juice and as a result theyre both completly deaf now. One is very seriously ill with m/s (dont know if that's connected, it is neurological though). They were home alone when they did it and never had any help since from the parents, who complained of lazyness at the person with M/S!

'Where is love', as another Nancy once sang in Oliver

La La Lou Lou - one of Sean's favourite people! :yes: