What's new

-Travoltas-Scientology-centre-vandalised

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Church of Scientology spokesperson in the article is not named either, probably due to high turnover of spokespersons pooled from the 'Rehabilitation' project.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Sounds like an OSA Op to me. :yes::yes:

If an Anon was going to vandalize the cult they'd put something a bit more creative other than "Anon" on the window.

FoTi

Crusader
It doesn't look to me like an Anon protest.....it looks like a set up by OSA to make anonymous look bad in general, make the public think ill of them and discredit their real protests against CoS.

The article even looks like a press release that the CoS might put together.

Last edited:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Not really Anon's style - especially as it does seem to have generated some soft-soap PR for the cult.

freethinker

Sponsor
It's interesting that this should happen at the same time Anon Sparrow is free to return to protesting.
Anonymous doesn't need to do something like this to damage the cult and I'm certain they didn't.

This is OSA.
Sounds like an OSA Op to me. :yes::yes:

If an Anon was going to vandalize the cult they'd put something a bit more creative other than "Anon" on the window.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Not really Anon's style.

Ummm ..what IS Anon's style?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't this be two 13 year old kids from Florida who just started on 4Chan (or some other anon site) and went over to WWP and then decided to deface the building. Aren't they just as "Anon" as you?

No leaders, no groups, no definition etc. How can Anonymous have a "style"?

Hatshepsut

Crusader
I agree that it does not sound like Anon.

I had lived just south of Ocala for years. I have to tell you that this kind of mischief has always broken my heart. I 'd had my eye on the area to move there. My friend and I listened to the news usually with attention over there because of The Villages which caters to retirees.

It always seems to be the young men or college boy crimes... senseless shit the sons of the 'Good Ol Boys' get into. Some of the Ocala lands have been in the hands of Florida Crackers going back to the 1920s. They know the sherrifs and the police depts and get even when feeling encroached on. Lord knows how many billions the territory has made off of the sale of lands in the last decade. If these right wing rednecks do not like you__ look out. There aren't many of them but they exist. Scientology is one of the things that would rub some the wrong way out there.

Infinite

Ummm ..what IS Anon's style?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't this be two 13 year old kids from Florida who just started on 4Chan (or some other anon site) and went over to WWP and then decided to deface the building. Aren't they just as "Anon" as you?

No leaders, no groups, no definition etc. How can Anonymous have a "style"?

Anon's style is legal, peaceful protest. Your imaginary two 13 year olds are, by their actions, vandals not Anons. Sure, you can call them Anons just as I can call myself a Venusian train driver, it doesn't mean either statement is accurate. As an Anon, I object as much to the graffitti as does anyone.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Anon's style is legal, peaceful protest. Your imaginary two 13 year olds are, by their actions, vandals not Anons. Sure, you can call them Anons just as I can call myself a Venusian train driver, it doesn't mean either statement is accurate. As an Anon, I object as much to the graffitti as does anyone.

So can you get "kicked out" of Anon if you don't follow the rules?

How does one get kicked out or even belong to a group that has no leaders or boundaries. How does one say "our style is peaceful & legal" yet Agent Pubit, Angry Gay Pope etc, all come from Anon. How can a group "disown" certain folks who are anonymous???

What is the criteria for this club these days? (That isn't a club but sounds very much like a club).

"Ex Scientologists" have no "style" because they are a herd of cats (just like anon) that are mostly not anonymous (i.e they say who that are) so it boggles me that Anon could have a style can allow it to disown certain acts by anonymous people.

Just to be clear.... I doubt very much whether this act of vandalism was done by Clearwater anons. But if the perpetrators are anonymous and call themselves Anonymous, then aren't they Anonymous?

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron
The same happened in Duesseldorf. :eyeroll: The spokesman there told that Anonymous damaged things (big flowerpots) at night in front of the Org. She told it a policeman during a protest... In fact, there was nothing damaged.

OSA needs an enemy to bound members and they are using Anonymous as "evil enemy". You can see it in the reaction, when you talk with $cientologist about Anonymous and I had this enemy picture a while in my head too.

Imo it was pure OSA propaganda and might be there (Travoltas Centre) too.

We will never know what really happen there.

FoTi

Crusader
There is no pic of the vandalizing and all it says is that someone wrote Anon on the windows. Is that the whole story?

Infinite

So can you get "kicked out" of Anon if you don't follow the rules?

How does one get kicked out or even belong to a group that has no leaders or boundaries. How does one say "our style is peaceful & legal" yet Agent Pubit, Angry Gay Pope etc, all come from Anon. How can a group "disown" certain folks who are anonymous???

What is the criteria for this club these days? (That isn't a club but sounds very much like a club).

"Ex Scientologists" have no "style" because they are a herd of cats (just like anon) that are mostly not anonymous (i.e they say who that are) so it boggles me that Anon could have a style can allow it to disown certain acts by anonymous people.

Just to be clear.... I doubt very much whether this act of vandalism was done by Clearwater anons. But if the perpetrators are anonymous and call themselves Anonymous, then aren't they Anonymous?

Its the other way around. Across all Anon sites you will find the repeated stricture to not break the law and to not encourage others to do so. Those who persist with their decision to break the law disassociate themselves from the collective. If they call themselves Anon its simply the application of a misnomer. Its a bit like when someone disavows KSW yet insists they are a Scientologist.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Its the other way around. Across all Anon sites you will find the repeated stricture to not break the law and to not encourage others to do so. Those who persist with their decision to break the law disassociate themselves from the collective. If they call themselves Anon its simply the application of a misnomer. Its a bit like when someone disavows KSW yet insists they are a Scientologist.

So you are in fact a group with rules & leaders?

namaste

Apparently nobody saw the vandalism being done so no-one knows for sure who dunnit.
I will believe that Anon did it when Anon is caught in the act of doing it. I don't know for sure one way or another but as far as I'm concerned OSA is just as likely to have staged this if not more so than Anon.

Newspaper article is very biased. It sounds like a typical PR bullshit rant from OSA. I wonder whats up with that too.

namaste

Regardless of who did this, I think that OSA and David Miscabbage are very frustrated right now about not being able to link Anon to any crimes lately and not being able to beat them in court or anywhere else while at the same time having so many of their own going down for their own crimes. They are losing at every turn and it would be typical of their behavior to stage an operation like this in such a case.