Two Main Types of Ex-Scientologists

Discussion in 'Mike Rinders Blog' started by RSS Feed, Mar 3, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

That would be me.:)

2. Leland

Leland Crusader

My take is that there are 2 main types of Ex-Scientologists:

Type One ....doesn't continually get into what the Cult was all about and what happened on a daily basis. This "Type One" is an EX- Cult member. They are out, and glad to be out.

Type Two....are guys like Mike Rinder, they are windbags and blowhards that just can't shut up about what they think the Cult was all about...and what they think others should think about what the cult was all about....
    They tend to pontificate on the subject on a daily basis...

• Poop Poop x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • List
  3. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

In a diabolically ironic way, Hubbard was correct.

On OT levels Scientologists studied about how their lives, emotions and very thoughts can be dominated and manipulated by an alien--from another planet.

Scientologists dutifully paid for and went on the hunt (for decades) to "spot" and "blow" their BT.

Scientologists never paused a moment to consider that the basic-basic-BT (that would blow the entire chain and all other BTs) was an alien named L. Ron Hubbard. After all, Hubbard said it himself on audiotaped lectures: "I AM NOT FROM THIS PLANET".

The hidden influence all along, therefore, was the alien that was telling Scientologists how to find the aliens. His lectures and HCOBs somehow didn't mention that the Pre-OT might find evil aliens inside of Scientology and even up at the top of the "command channel".

When I first heard that Scientology was a religion that had a "command channel" I should have stopped spotting alien beings and causing them to blow--and (instead) spotted myself, so I could blow.

WTF, a religion with military uniforms and messianically megalomaniacal morons saluting each other?!!!

[​IMG]

It's okay, really--an advanced being from another
    planet named "Ron" told them to do this.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  4. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Yeah...you'd think they were Muslim or something.

isis-salute-1.jpg.cf.jpg

5. HelluvaHoax!

Same caption for both the Cruise/Miscavige saluting photo and the shot of ISIS terrorists extending their index finger. I'm pretty sure it's not to say "WE'RE NUMBER ONE!"----but rather to point skyward and proclaim:

It's okay, really--an advanced being not from this
    planet named "Muhammed" told us to do this.

(murder infidels, gays, apostates and women trying to resist rape)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  6. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

"True friends I can count on."

That's it.

Or as Hank Stamper would say "That's the whole ball of wax".

I have to disconnect from so-and-so because you have declared him/her an SP?

You are cordially invited to self inflict an obscene anatomical impossibility in a profoundly dark and exceedingly well heated location.

When I first started studying scientology I figured it would be temporary because the first time a friend was Declared I'd be out the door with them.

It didn't happen like that but it would have.

7. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Does anyone remember that thread that had all the Scientologists posing with their fingers pointing up?

What was that thread?

8. HelluvaHoax!

Was that thread celebrating the church's creation of the "I WANT TO GO CLEAR CLUB", soon followed thereafter by the "I WANT TO BE AN IDEAL OT LIKE RON CLUB"?

[​IMG]

Ron demonstrates how to do a Date & Locate OT Assist on oneself,
    and thus experience total relief--by pointing out into deep space
    where Xenu and psychs did evil things to you 75 million years ago,
    so that now you are a powerless, degraded being that never
    can take personal responsibility for your own failures.

9. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Could be...but I cannot locate the link/thread.

10. Winston Smith

Winston Smith Flunked Scientology

As far as ever believing THE TECH works, I would say you are NOT Ex if you think it does. Reading scientologese makes me sick. It is all con job jargon. As far as wanting to increase one's spiritual happiness, there are many ways. For me personally, playing Schubert, Bach, Brahms, Beethoven, Mahler, and others has brought me to the very threshold of heaven before...it is hard to explain what playing string quartets, quintets, piano trios, and indeed full orchestra music is like given the right circumstances. I will tell you I remember every single instance of enlightened music making in my life.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
    • List
  11. wigee1

wigee1 Patron with Honors

Quite agree. had many a moment while playing music ,Hard to explain but you know when it happens, Granitt.

12. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

Go on your e-meter and do a date/locate.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  13. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

I must've as-ised the incident.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • For you For you x 1
    • List
  14. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

I didn’t really like this post and I don’t really agree with it.

Lumping everyone who left COS into “non-believers” and “still believers” is pretty simplistic and, in my opinion, pretty inaccurate. From what I’ve seen in the twenty plus years I’ve been out, most people have a whole lot of mixed feelings about their experiences with Scientology. And, like most things in life, everyone’s takeaway from their experience is different.

When people express their mixed feelings on ex message boards or sites they often get invalidated, which isn’t helpful. People who say positive things about what they’ve experienced get told they are deluded and haven’t seen the light. Whether or not that’s true, it does deter people from being honest about their feelings.

15. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

I do agree that the OP has presented a simplistic and quite inaccurate view of ex-scientologists. Becoming unhooked from Scientology is a process starting (usually) with "the tech is good, the current church is bad" through various "well, that tech is OK but..." to some landing place. That landing place varies from one person to the next.

However, I really haven't seen partial believers being "invalidated" much at all here. Maybe I'm missing something. What I have seen (and done myself) is the challenging of any statements that "Scientology works!" I consider it very important to challenge any such statements because that is a major part of the trap.

But challenging, questioning, even invalidating Hubbard's "tech" is not invalidating the person. I certainly never would do that. Now, maybe some people have invested too much of themselves in that belief, like auditors, like independent scientologists, it is STILL not personal invalidation to challenge any "Scientology works!" claims.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

Might be best to stay in the, "This life time realm", while developing the workability of the talk therapies.

17. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

I agree. I think the two examples I referenced (Mayo and Edna Foa)
    did just that, though I didn't take the time to point that out.

18. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

19. Leland

Leland Crusader

Yea, too black and white a structure.

As far as the “tech”.... there is a big difference between “ move that paper clip” and electronic ribbons in the air catching thetans blown up in a nuclear/volcanic explosion.....

Unfortunately one does not know that the first leads to the second.....

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  20. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

My take is there are two main types of ex-scientologist:

1. Those who will never go back.

2. Those who would only go back to start lobbing live hand grenades.