UK Hospital Criticised For Accepting Scientology Money

Discussion in 'Breaking and Major News about Scientology' started by ThetanExterior, Nov 17, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

A £50,000 donation from the Church of Scientology to an NHS hospital has been labelled "completely inappropriate".
    The Queen Victoria Hospital is in East Grinstead, West Sussex, where the US-based church has its UK headquarters.
    A spokeswoman said the decision to accept the money was "considered in the context of all relevant guidelines".
    Ex-Liberal Democrat health spokesman Norman Lamb MP said: "It is completely inappropriate for an NHS trust to accept funds from this organisation."
    The Church of Scientology has not commented.

'Brainwashing cult'
    The church is endorsed by major Hollywood stars like Tom Cruise and John Travolta, who say it is "a force for good".
    However, some former members describe it as a brainwashing cult and claim it is a malevolent organisation that preys on insecure and mentally ill people.
    The church strongly denies the claims.
    Former members say that at the core of Scientology is a belief a space alien called Lord Xenu massacred alien life forms on earth 75 million years ago with hydrogen bombs in volcanoes, and their souls cause all humanity's evils.
    The group was founded by science fiction author L Ron Hubbard, who lived at Saint Hill Manor, in East Grinstead. <snip>

2. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Ha! These days people are very much aware of the way the "church" of scientology likes to try and do business! They've always done it but now people are onto them and not as scared to say so as they were in the past!

Why on earth would a non political (lol!) church business empire want to try and buy favour with an NHS hospital, I wonder exactly who they are trying to ingratiate themselves with ... and why?

I love a good cofs foot bullet.

3. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

deleted ... double post.
  4. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

They're supposed to be experts in PR yet their brand is now toxic. What a bunch of losers.:loser: