UstuB Escalus

Discussion in 'Life After Scientology' started by ustuB Escalus, Oct 5, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. ustuB Escalus

ustuB Escalus New Member

In another incarnation, you can find my posts here from the past under the name "Escalus." I can't remember my old password or what email I was using back then. It has been years. On the old Anon board I was "Robert S."

I came back to make an announcement, and if it is improper go ahead and delete. But it is relevant to my old relationship with the cult and what life has been since leaving the old FCDC in the late 70s.

I was brought in with a promise that my acting, my writing, and my participation in the arts would be so vastly improved the world couldn't stand me. What happened was, of course, predictable. Nothing of the sort. Since leaving, however, I've had the good fortune to have my work included in many alternative magazines, starting in the 1980s to the present time. And just this past month I had my first book published by Spuyten Duyvil (New York). I want to share the link. If that is not allowed, like I said, delete away and accept an apology.

But no, the book has nothing to do with the cult - directly. I'd self-published before but those never count. I just want to pass along that - contrary to the mythology - I didn't die and degenerate. I'm a grandfather, nearing retirement, who just published his first novel. So much for that warning.

https://www.amazon.com/Edju-RW-Spryszak/dp/1947980890

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. ustuB Escalus

ustuB Escalus New Member

FYI - FCDC in the Bill Franks era, just before the raid. Was Dir Personnel. Ms. Fountain Campbell audited me when I was on staff. Came out of Urbana. Listed in exes denouncing. Sorry to read here about Zinj.

3. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Hi Escalus! Welcome back. Congrats on your book.

4. Leland

Leland Crusader

Hi Escalus.

Congrats on your being Published!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  5. ustuB Escalus

ustuB Escalus New Member

Hi again, and thank you for the regards, (and allowing the link).

6. Pliny Younger

Pliny Younger Patron with Honors

Escalus,
    Good to hear you are doing well. Congratulations on your book.

7. ustuB Escalus

ustuB Escalus New Member

Thanks Pliny! I was reminded that there is one scene in the book that is directly a result of my experience with the cult - the escape down an alley. :)