What's new

Vanity Fair PR Flap BIG FLAP In Style with K.H.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
O.K. For those of you who do not know about Vanity Fair magazine, it is more or less the monthly periodical for the Crème de la Crème Cafe Society of the PLANET. It has the best writers, all of the who is who and what they have done for the the last 30 days, and who they were with, and any important news at all from Washington society. The magazine is a quick review of what is going on planetwide within the power circles of the planet.

If you read this magaizine for 24 months you should be able to go anywhere on the planet to any party or event and know who is there and why and have a conversation with them about current events.

This month's issue, January, page 104 article THE GOLDEN SUICIDES explores a double suicide written by " Nancy Jo Sales reveales the cloud of fear - involving the rock star Beck, SCIENTOLOGY - and 9/11 conspiracy theories -- that enveloped a dazzling team..."

O.K., two high profile celebrities committed suicide , apparently one of them claimed some Scientology conspiracy to defame her.

Pick up the magazine. This is worse case scenerio for PR. Everyone in the White House has read this over breakfast. The word Scientology in big bold letters across a photo of the victims.

On the other side, Katie Holmes article in IN STYLE was a monumental boost PR wise. Great interview! That chick is in the know and savvy with the social intercourse.

My favorite statement from her and the best honest PR sentance I have ever heard: "Your life is normal to you. Our life is normal to us."

There you go, understand it now.

Live and let live. Just because someone is living a life you wouldn't want doesn't mean that isn't normal for them.

Happy New Year all!

T.I.

Last edited:

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just got a picture of all the OSA spies running off their montiors to write KR's.

I am wondering who will be RPF'ed for this. DM never gets a sec check, it's always everyone below him but the bad PR keeps on coming. :confused2:

They will probably hit the execs at CC INT for this one. :bully:

I wonder if people are getting shunned in the entertainment business for their views on Scientology. It wouldn't surprise me.

This article in this magazine is worse case scenerio PR.

Vanity Fair is the magazine Tom and Katie chose to debut Suri. I wonder if they will boycott VF now? I wonder if all the Scientologists in the entertainment industry will boycott VF now?

I wonder where Mike Rinder is and if he has read it and if he is glad this is not on his head.

I wonder if Katie's IN STYLE arcticle was carefully planned to offset the bad PR from VF?

I wonder if Tom called VF and threatened them, if he was used to try to squash the article?

I wonder wonder wonder wonder WHO? Who wrote the book of love.

T.I.

Terril park

Sponsor
I just got a picture of all the OSA spies running off their montiors to write KR's.

I am wondering who will be RPF'ed for this. DM never gets a sec check, it's always everyone below him but the bad PR keeps on coming. :confused2:

They will probably hit the execs at CC INT for this one. :bully:

I wonder if people are getting shunned in the entertainment business for their views on Scientology. It wouldn't surprise me.

This article in this magazine is worse case scenerio PR.

Vanity Fair is the magazine Tom and Katie chose to debut Suri. I wonder if they will boycott VF now? I wonder if all the Scientologists in the entertainment industry will boycott VF now?

I wonder where Mike Rinder is and if he has read it and if he is glad this is not on his head.

I wonder if Katie's IN STYLE arcticle was carefully planned to offset the bad PR from VF?

I wonder if Tom called VF and threatened them, if he was used to try to squash the article?

I wonder wonder wonder wonder WHO? Who wrote the book of love.

T.I.

WOW!!

Its tough keeping up with ESMB. Now I have to keep up with " Vanity Fair"?

I thought it was about frocks and who " rocks" and lipsticks and eyeshadow. Not my thing to read but maybe appreciate the results.

Was well written and in enormous depth! I believe I read about an other interesting article by them recently. Couldn't find the issue.

So anyway..... Next magazine buying trip ( my major vice) Among the Car,
Hi Fi, Aeroplane, Wine, etc magazines I'll conceal Vanity Fair in a brown paper
bag.

Hopefully my resume at W. H. Smiths( the major UK news retailer) will stay intact.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
This is very interesting.
I didn't see this on OCMB so I posted the link Free to Shine provided in a new thread there.

Thanks for the info.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
That was on a west coast internet blog spot.

This is Vanity Fair Magazine. Not so much the story in itself but the fact that it was published in Vanity Fair mag was the main point.

I feel there is a story behind this. It's hard to believe someone who never had anything to do with Scientology was so paranoid. Maybe the person had a blow up argument about it with the Scientolgist, I hate to imagine people are getting paranoid and suicidal from reading media or forums or black PR.

Do you think it is possible? I mean, why would someone who never ever had anything to do with the Church think the Church had targeted them for harrassment?

Of course, they killed themselves so there had to be other issues, maybe drugs or finances or blackmail or what? Were they just hallucinating?

Very mysterious for me. Besides the point I don't think in a million years the Church would harrass famous celebrities. Not people just minding their own business.

It kind of makes me wonder if people with zero connection can go PTS to the Church just from reading what other's have written about their experiences.

And, this is one reason why I pointed out that the religious freedom web site, so obviously a harrassment vehicle, is such bad PR for the Church.

T.I.

Last edited:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Wow. How sad. In my years of working at CCI, I have never seen Scientologists do such things. I am not saying its out of the question, but I am saying that if they do do such things (as stated in the article, such as following, threatening, etc), they keep it very under the wraps and hidden. I never encountered any such information on the lines I worked at CCI. I wonder if its been done later than 98 as a tactic, or its just kept so hidden. I dont know.

Very sad for this couple.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Do you think it is possible? I mean, why would someone who never ever had anything to do with the Church think the Church had targeted them for harrassment?

T.I.

If they were a threat because of the connection to Beck, then they could certainly be targetted to be discredited. Absolutely.

Vinaire

Sponsor
The following data from Hubbard could be misapplied:

We know only what we see, feel, hear, taste, touch, and so on—our communication. That is our touch with reality. So, here is our affinity about a reality with which we are in communication by our perception.

Break down the affinity with a preclear and his sense of reality diminishes. Break down his reality and his ability to contact his engrams disappears. You can very subtly break down these things until a person won’t believe the outside world or anything else.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Bea Kiddo,

You didn't know that SCN has people followed? Or did you mean something else more limited in meaning?

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
The following data from Hubbard could be misapplied:

We know only what we see, feel, hear, taste, touch, and so on—our communication. That is our touch with reality. So, here is our affinity about a reality with which we are in communication by our perception.

Break down the affinity with a preclear and his sense of reality diminishes. Break down his reality and his ability to contact his engrams disappears. You can very subtly break down these things until a person won’t believe the outside world or anything else.

What on earth has that got to do with this thread? Sheesh... :duh:

Vinaire

Sponsor
What on earth has that got to do with this thread? Sheesh... :duh:

Well, with this knowledge one could easily create paranoia in people who are susceptible. This is a weapon that one can use.

The tragic couple in this story became increasingly paranoid over time such that finally they committed suicide to escape their fears.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Bea Kiddo,

You didn't know that SCN has people followed? Or did you mean something else more limited in meaning?

No. (though I have never seen any such thing in the SO either. Not saying it didnt occur). I was saying that I have never seen that type of following around and harrassing of celebs in the time that I was at CCI. Not saying its not possible that it is true, I am just saying that if they do such things, its kept pretty hidden, even from the SO member who work there.

Maybe only ethics officers (and maybe not even them) or only Presidents office staff are privvy to such classified info as that.

I bet if Tom Davis didnt end up on the RPF from that last flap, that he would know all about this one.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
No. (though I have never seen any such thing in the SO either. Not saying it didnt occur). I was saying that I have never seen that type of following around and harrassing of celebs in the time that I was at CCI. Not saying its not possible that it is true, I am just saying that if they do such things, its kept pretty hidden, even from the SO member who work there.

Maybe only ethics officers (and maybe not even them) or only Presidents office staff are privvy to such classified info as that.

I bet if Tom Davis didnt end up on the RPF from that last flap, that he would know all about this one.

Okay. I see you meant having celebs followed.

(BTW, their following critics is well known.)

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Okay. I see you meant having celebs followed.

(BTW, their following critics is well known.)

Follow, chase; I've had them camped out across from my house :) (not to mention picketing anywhere they thought I *might* be).

But, that's the least of it. Ida Camburn has had far more sinsister and intrusive harassment.

Zinj

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
There are many reports of them following people, it was filmed recently in CW over by Mike and Donna. I don't want to rehash the verified reports of harassment, there are many.

But to two celebs that were not even connected?

It would seem if these people got angry at the Scientologist for refusing to work with them, they could have maliciously spread false reports to defame him.

Something here does not add up and I don't think a celeb on lines would involve the Church in some spat.

If there were police reports why aren't they in the article?

It doesn't add up. Too much missing info, but in this case I would think the Church is getting slimed even when they are not paying any attention anymore.

I think the editor could have demanded a better article than this.

T.I.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow. How sad. In my years of working at CCI, I have never seen Scientologists do such things. I am not saying its out of the question, but I am saying that if they do do such things (as stated in the article, such as following, threatening, etc), they keep it very under the wraps and hidden. I never encountered any such information on the lines I worked at CCI. I wonder if its been done later than 98 as a tactic, or its just kept so hidden. I dont know.

Very sad for this couple.

This following people and watching them is quite common - it is usually done by PI's - I had them follow me for years - park on the street - wait outside my office - video taping who went in and out.

I even had the PI's arrested for harrassment.

A couple of years back a Dallas PI left his card at a neighbors place - the neighbor called me gave me the PI's phone number - I called the PI - freaked him out.

Passed the data onto FBI and AG's office in Austin.

In Omaha we would go out to the PI's car and offer them coffee and donuts! :)

But it does make one alert - I can imagine someone not too stable getting very paranoid.

Alan

Div6

Crusader
Its all just innuendo with way too much missing data. She ran into a stop on getting her film produced, and decided to blame scientology.

They were "star-crossed" lovers whose love for each other was greater than their love for life. I've been there....took a PTS rndn and a lot of space to get over that one myself.... love being one of the primary engines of survival and all.

Must be a slow news month...