Various pics of Scientology in the 80s and 90s, unpublished, until now...

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by BlackRob, Jun 2, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. bts2free

bts2free Patron with Honors

Good find. I wonder if his daughter Erin is still at Gold?

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Sorry Rog, but that get-up always reminds me of this guy:

[​IMG]

Paul

3. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Ah, Paul . . . you are too much fun for this board at this time of morning!:morecoffee::bowdown: Though I must say I think you are right . . . I laugh at the rig myself now days!:melodramatic:

At this moment I am still a bit jet-lagged, having returned from my trip to Europe a few nights ago . . . . and recovering from all that delicious wine served up front in 1st class. Dunno what it is, but it seems that if you actually truly appreciate the cabin crew and really thank them for their service . . . umm, they keep wanting to fill your glass with good stuff.

Full report when I catch up on backlog . . . meetings in the town of the BIS were most informative:ohmy:

R

4. BlackRob

BlackRob Gold Meritorious Patron

I dont think this one has been released before. Here's a photo of LRH officiating at wedding Sept 1962 Founding Church of Scientology, 1812 19th St. NW Washington DC
    [​IMG]

5. BlackRob

Another pic that hasn't been released before afaik. LRH having just married a couple of staff members at the Founding Church of Scientology, Washington, DC in September 1962. Fred Fairchild was the groom.

[​IMG]

6. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Is this the Madame Tussaud representation of the event?

Paul

7. AngeloV

AngeloV Gold Meritorious Patron

The happiness beaming out of their faces is amazing. So theta!

8. Pheryn

Pheryn Patron with Honors

Either that or a deleted scene from Rosemary's Baby. :unsure:

9. exsomessenger

exsomessenger Patron Meritorious

I feel you. I lost a wife as well. she is still in and up at the base. Crazy to think about. I'm sorry for your loss and understand what it is like to love and have that ripped away from you. Closure is something I would love for you to have. I long for it as well. thnaks again for sharing this.

10. uncover

uncover Silver Meritorious Patron

Let´s make a poll:
    Who is the ugliest and most disgusting person in this picture (already in 1962) ?

BTW, I wonder from where they took the photos of Hubbard for the promos and when they have been made.

11. Little David

Little David Silver Meritorious Patron

Does anyone know if that is a large Scientology cross on a medallion LRH is wearing? I'm curious if it was something unique and not used by other Scientologists.

Thank you BlacKRob for these photos!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  12. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

What a trip down memory lane.

Some people still in & many long out - others long since passed away.

& now ? Cringing as I look at how silly it all became.

13. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

That seriously is the glummest picture of a wedding I've ever seen. Taussaud's wax figures have way more life in them. Maybe there was no flash and they had to hold the pose for half an hour.

14. KissMyStats

KissMyStats Patron with Honors

The lady in the long brown tunic in group shot above is Susan Michlin. Still in.

15. bts2free

bts2free Patron with Honors

The girl in the front row furthest to the right is Anat Davidoff and her sister (forgot her first name) is sitting next to her. I met her at AOSH EU in 1996 while I was there on a recruitment tour for Gold. She wanted to come to Gold to be in the Translations Unit to represent Israel. She was a sweetheart. She signed her SO contract and wanted so badly to come up to Gold, but after I went back uplines she never arrived. Hope she is doing well. I'm glad she never did make it to the base after all!

16. ThetanPlace

ThetanPlace New Member

In the top pic, the Marvin Hamlisch lookalike with the glasses is actor Dan Jablons. He had a brief, memorable scene at a lawyer in a restaurant in an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. He's the only person I can identify.

17. BlackRob

Diane Klein's mom in 1978, Clearwater:

[​IMG]

18. SPsince83

SPsince83 Silver Meritorious Patron

The Delphi picture is from 1976. The Delphi flag football team just got done pounding the teams from the other Davis missions. I was a linebacker and am in this picture. Any guesses?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  19. BlackRob

20. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

Looking at these old photos reminds me that very very few of the people shown are still in the cult.

That little cult continues to shrink day by day.