Victim or jackass?

Discussion in 'Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes' started by Awesome Rob, Feb 6, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Elronius of Marcabia

Elronius of Marcabia Silver Meritorious Patron

For me it was definitely both, I could blame the naiveness on the part
    of a youngman, but I see it now as simple sort of greed leading to blindness
    of sorts:coolwink:

Live and learn and mature that bullshit meter so the redflags are'nt ignored:yes:

PS Rinder is far in the lead ahead of Rathburn in pulling his head from his ass IMO :biggrin:

2. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Goodby Goodluck

Now I'm stuck trying to decide whether I was a victimized jackass or a jackass of a victim... both.
    I think I was in love with having good reason to skip college when I got in fresh out of high school. That seems to be the age many of us got involved and it seemed, initially at least, to beat having to contend with the real world.

3. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

That gave me such a chuckle! 1) Dr Hubbard 2) research 3) researching at Target II 4) breakthroughs 5) supposition of previous breakthroughs at said target 6) image of Lardbard running around anything with syringes of vistaril hanging out of his ass.

Man, I gotta write up my wins and attest!!!!!

:hysterical:

4. TeaRose

TeaRose Patron

I was thinking about TC's culpability vs. his vulnerability.

Let me put it this way: if Tom Cruise were not in the CoS, he'd be viewed as a run-of-the-mill woman abuser. He had his Scientologist pals tap Nicole Kidman's phones, he alienated their children from her (a common strategy with spouse abusers) he tormented Nazanin Boniadi and Katie Holmes had to flee with the help of her father. He kicked his niece out of the family at the age of 13 for kissing a boy, and cornered her into joining the Sea Org. When that story came out (Aaron Smith-Levin has it on his yt channel) it was noted that this was all TC. No one from the church told him to kick out his niece.

I do think he's a victim of Scientology but that doesn't mean he's innocent of his own actions. John Travolta has been in just as long and just as deep and managed to not develop a David Miscavige personality. I know DM targeted TC more than JT, but "The Devil made me do it!" is not an excuse.