Vitamins

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Whattodo, Jul 20, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Whattodo

Whattodo Patron with Honors

One of the persons I'm connected to who are still in scientology have always had an obsession with taking vitamins, avoiding chemicals and most everyday products etc

Obviously they also believe the higher they go up the less unwell they will be. Quackers!

However they seem to always be unwell or develop conditions with various bowells, mouth and dental issues (avoids flouride) and also something a little more sinister of late which I won't go into just in case people are snooping.

Can I ask if other people who have been in also had the same approach which developed health issues?

I was only in briefly, couple of show arounds, one to one sessions (including emeter) and did a purifification rundown and had about a zillion vitamen tablets! The only experience out of that which I was impressed with was that I discovered I could piss out of my arse!

Jokes a side I did stop taking recreational drugs after spending a vast fortune doing the course and believed it would be money down the drain if I took any again.

Can't remember why I didn't sign up for more though! Thank goodness I didn't.

However there seems to be an unhealthy obsession with chemicals and vitamins which is all to do with the clear body clear mind stuff I assume. Or it could just be this individuals outlook on life too.

As mentioned I'm just curious about negative physical health effects if you were a scientologist?

2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Here in the U.S. the supplements industry has been growing steadily for many years. Most people want to do what they can to improve their health and view taking supplements as one of the ways.

Personally I don't think it's a bad thing to take supplements and seek to avoid toxins in our environment. Unfortunately, the supplements industry is pretty much unregulated and so there is lots of crap which is being sold which is ineffective. And probably you're correct in that some people have an unhealthy obsession with it. There are many other factors, some of which we can control, that affect our health.

Scientologists are put under a great deal of stress, and I would bet that that has a strong negative impact on their health. Many of them these days are coming down with cancer and it's very much possible that stress is a contributing factor.

3. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

I take vitamin d oil (due to a deficiency) and at one time had to have iron shots (for the same reason) but other than that I take nothing as I never felt they made any difference in the past.

I prefer to eat something fresh than take it in pill form and found doing the 'purification rundown' horrible.

Drinking lots of filtered water seems to be all I need at the moment as long as I eat sensibly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

With breakfast I take Centrum Silver multi-vitamins.

With supper I take CoQ-10 and Lithium orotate.

5. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

I take a full course of hormone replacements, plus Centrum 50+ For Her and a separate tablet of minerals. I also avoid fluoride; at one point not brushing my teeth for years because I couldn't find a fluoride-free toothpaste (too extreme, I know). I drink distilled water and get iron and B12 injections. I ran out of Co-Q10 but will order more. I finally started exercising again most days.

I'm on lines at RO Grenchen and am doing their thing. I've tried the extreme cold cure -- minus 150° C / minus 240° F for 3 minutes at a time, but haven't noticed any changes. I've developed skin that itches all over so bad that I have to scratch it with sandpaper. I'm tempted to redo the Purif because my body shows signs of toxicity, but am planning to get an intestinal cleanse and a liver cleanse instead.

People say I don't look my age. Once I tried to buy a discount "retiree" train ticket and the ticket agent didn't want to sell it to me because she thought I was too young.

Helena

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  6. Whattodo

Whattodo Patron with Honors

I personally don't take any but i have no issue with them if taken in moderation and for the right purpose. I eat healthy when I can but I do snack now and then but I also exercise plenty too. Not had Any health issues to date but bodies are complicated old things and that can change easily.
    I feel drug industries have too much influence with falsely placed intentions and vested interests in pushing whatever they can, particularly in America.
    Back to the person I know, they avoided all medicines and remedies due to being highly suspicious of the drug industries and the medical profession as a whole. I believe they tried to get assists from the church but that didn't elilviate the problems and eventually succumbed to the medical treatments that did the trick.
    However they have new issues and first port of call is the church for a dose of the magic wand! It's like wake up and smell the coffee, it doesn't work!!!

7. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

One item I remember when I was in was straight niacin (not niacin amide).

Initially, niacin would cause a skin/blood flush.
    After a few doses (some days) the skin/blood flush didn't occur anymore.
    Weird.

8. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

I think I take about 35 or so different ones and I recently decided to try out the low carb diet. My weight has been static for a couple years, so I am interested in losing 10-15 lbs, and that diet seems to make the most sense.

Mimsey

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  9. J. Warbler

J. Warbler Patron

delete

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  10. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

For the purposes of what the Purif is trying to accomplish, niacinamide doesn't do a darn thing. The "amide" part renders it useless.

Regular niacin does have an effect; the loss of the flush means it's done it's job and it's time to move on to a higher dosage.

Helena

11. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Yeah, liver damage, gastrointestinal problems, or glucose intolerance.

ETA. Recently it was found that I had a vitamin D deficiency. I had to take 2 tiny drops from a dropper once a week for 6 weeks.

It seems that in the world of vitamins, a little goes a hell of a long way!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  12. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Niacin (Vitamin B3) dilates the blood vessels....improves circulation.

Niacin Deficiency: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment - WebMD
    https://www.webmd.com › Diet & Weight Management › Reference
    May 18, 2017 - Niacin deficiency is a condition that occurs when a person doesn't get enough or can't absorb niacin or its amino acid precursor, tryptophan. In the United States, niacin deficiency is exceedingly rare. ... Niacin also helps the body make sex- and stress-related hormones and improves circulation and cholesterol levels.

Feeling Tired? 6 Symptoms of Niacin Deficiency - Gundry MD
    https://gundrymd.com › Blog
    Jul 26, 2017 - Pellagra: Severe Vitamin B3 Deficiency. People who have progressed from mild niacin deficiency into severe deficiency have pellagra. This condition, which is fatal if left untreated, was once a mystery to doctors, and many people succumbed to it before niacin deficiency became the known cause.

Too much niacin can be bad. I had a friend who's husband took niacin everyday. One day he took the wrong amount....too much....he's getting older and I think he may have taken it and then forgot and took it again. He was standing in the kitchen when he suddenly passed out.....that landed him on the floor and then in the hospital. The Purif takes a person from a small dose of Niacin gradually up to 5000.....kind of like the frog in the pot which is brought to a slow boil. I went up to 5,000 and stayed there for a while, no longer flushing, until I refused to go in the box anymore. They threatened me with ethics if I didn't continue. I told them I wasn't willing to die for them. They got off my back. I found out my liver was in overwhelm....took me a long time to fix that. Scientologists are just plain ignorant....and stupid to boot. And their idea of ethics sucks and can be deadly.

A small amount is still a good supplement when needed. I use it once in a while.

I use a lot of herbs as food in drinks and cooking and I encapsulate my own and also grow some of my own. I prefer herbs to taking vitamins...herbs are loaded with vitamins and minerals and other healthful elements and make good food.

I recently learned about these healthful things.....I got into this because my ankles were swelling, I was itching ... doctors had no solution besides steroids, which I won't use and chiropractic wasn't working.....but addressing the lymph system is working for me....good results and it's so simple, and natural and you can do it yourself.

How your lymph system affects your health....

You can do this yourself at home...

This is a good one too...I tried this....it was very effective for me.

6 steps to decongest the lymph system.

13. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Here is another website .... Dr Mandell. He has tons of videos on all sorts of subjects....just search for whatever is bothering you and he has easy exercises to help correct the situation and it's all free for you to use. I broke my hip in January (fell off the bus ramp) and was looking for something to help with recovery since I was no longer in rehab. I found his exercises very helpful....some handled my problem immediately....something I had been going to a chiropractor weekly since last August which wasn't improving because my posture was not correct....something I could fix with his exercises. I quit the chiropractor. I've gone to chiropractors all my life...my father was one....they are valuable for certain things, but this time it was something that I had to correct myself with exercise.....the exercises are easy and simple and he explains each one so that you understand what it does and why you are doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/motivationaldoc

He has hundreds of videos that he's made for people to use for free....so even if you are poor you can take advantage of his knowledge and expertise.

https://www.youtube.com/user/motivationaldoc/videos