Was in for 10 years, left quietly 5 years ago.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by anon1, Jun 26, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. anon1

anon1 Patron

Hi! Thought I would share my story (albeit in very vague way to protect my selfish self). I like reading people's stories of leaving and although this forum is for everyone, I don't see enough of these! Seems mostly for people who left decades ago or who were never really in. I was IN. Born in, on staff, all my friends are in, employers, family etc etc

By the time I was 21 years and actually started doing purif, objectives, drd, m1 and other auditing (after 4 years on staff) this was when I ran into serious trouble. I went out of my mind because I wasn't making any gains from auditing. $18,000 in and regressing seriously from tonnes of stupid auditing suggestions from a baffled c/s and it dawned on me that Scientology just isn't true for me. I told my friends over 4 years ago that I wasn't interested. Some didn't care, some stopped talking to me because 'they couldn't help but read why people leave Scientology' (Fuck off please). Sorry if I can't swear, it's just unbelievable to me in hindsight that people I have known for 10 years think I'm some db, pts/sp, low toned bla bla fucking bla : /

I was pretty chill about it and all and tbh I still am considering the time and money wasted. But then I watched Going Clear and Leah Remini and now I'm slightly pissed. I will never act on it because of my large circle of friends although this has shrunk significantly since watching these shows. I try to stay chill but it can be very hard when my friends tell me they were giving off a withhold about masturbating the other day LOL I literally just say 'that's not an overt love'.

Anyway, feel free to comment. I have so, so, soooooo many stories. But I can't give too much away. xx

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  2. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

:welcome:

Yes, watch the details to stay anon. Dates, places, names, events, even your currency. (You have 24 hours to edit your post.)

You'll find lots of stories in the story forums (Stories from inside scientology and Staff war stories) and they include ones from people who were born in or raised within. (I am one.) ESMB is ten years old now so some may seem dated, but they weren't at the time!

I must admit this line made me smile, though in a sad way.

I think you will find out who your real friends are. And maybe one day the others will burst out of that bubble.

Welcome to ESMB.

3. John McGhee

John McGhee Patron

Welcome here, Anon1, thank you for your story' Just to clarify; you say you were born in and left 5 years ago so I assume you are 15 or 16 years old therefore still at school? Did you or do you attend a scientology school?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  4. anon1

anon1 Patron

Changed. So annoying that I even have to do that. I'm known to be a rebel who doesn't bow down easily so it makes me so mad I can't be more open. I'm just still so immersed via my social and family network.

The masturbating thing and gay thing annoys me so much. I had a conversation with a really progressive Scn friend who is currently becoming more and more brainwashed as she is going up the bridge. She was saying that homosexuality is an aberration. ARGHHH. We have gay friends in common.

5. anon1

anon1 Patron

Hi John, new to this so not sure if I can trust you. Sorry if that sounds rude. Also anyone can read this so I'd rather not share too much. But in a nutshell, I was born in but started being forced to attend courses when I was 15 years old. Then was on staff for about 4 years. Then made a slow exit a few years after that. I'm 27 years old.

6. TrevAnon

TrevAnon Big List researcher

Welcome!

Lots of stories, we like them. :biggrin:

Tell what you want without giving away too much.

Lots of people have told their story (see signature), but most of the exes keep quiet about it. And that's just fine. :thumbsup:

7. anon1

anon1 Patron

I have stories about statutory rape of a girl who is currently in the SO.

I know another girl who is now late 20s who was sexually abused when she was 8 years old by her step father. Her mother was on staff when this was happening (she is still on staff) and when she found out she said 'everyone has a bank' (!!!!!!!!) She made her husband do ethics conditions, he got a Type B declare. This is what happens when the Church finds out that someone has committed a crime which could potentially put the church at risk if the police were to find out what he did. BUT THEY DON'T GO TO THE POLICE OR INSIST THE VICTIMS INVOLVED GO TO THE POLICE. This girl is so brainwashed, she never went to police. Btw when I say sexually abused, I'm not talking fondling. This is the most disgusting, repulsive form or sexual abuse.

I have so many stories about being on staff during those years of Ideal Orgs and the Basics coming out. I wish I could be more specific but I can't at this point.

8. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

I know a similar case at the org I was at, where one staff member molested the young daughter of another staff member. The kid was about the same age as your story. The molesting staff member was just quietly offloaded.

9. anon1

anon1 Patron

Imagine how many stories like there are. It's the culture of disregard for children being children and of putting the security of the orgs first that means there will be hundreds of incidents like this. What made you leave Scn? I've been voraciously listening to Cum Get Sum, Surviving Scientology and Sensibly Speaking podcasts. It's really opened up my eyes to a part of my life I had been desperately trying to bury. It's uplifting reading about other people leaving.

10. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

11. AngeloV

AngeloV Gold Meritorious Patron

First, welcome to the board and congrats on getting your ass away from the cult.

I was in for 4 years, the last 6 months in the sea org. What triggered my 'blowing' was watching an OT VII drive a nail through his hand during a 'reno' project at Flag. It would take years to unwind mentally from scio, but that was the aha! moment that stuck with me.

Say what you can about your story....we'll all be here listening.

Ciao.

12. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

It was a number of things. One factor was the realization that soon they would start approaching my kids about the joys of being in the Sea Org. I decided that my kids would not go near an org. It took a while for that decision to percolate through into a decision to stay away entirely.

The whole "Basics" craziness from a few years back also contributed. Really pissed me off.

13. Gib

Gib Crusader

yah, me too! The relentless phone calls to buy the whole package, and then again, and again, and again. It was the first time I said to myself, I wish I never heard of scientology. I mean we were in debt big time at the time, spouse doing OT7 redo, $30K every fuck'in 6 months to go to Flag for 6 month "refresher" or sec checks and for a few years already, and they want us to buy books!

We had no more room on our credit cards, it didn't matter, non stop phone calls to buy the basics.

Blood was literally shooting out of my eyes.

14. anon1

anon1 Patron

$30k every 6 months?!? Who can afford that. The Basics period was BAD for the public but an absolute horror show for staff and SO.

I remember this poor gay guy who was on staff, he was OT V and supposedly 'cured' and then someone found out he was still sleeping with his ex boyfriend. I often think about him and hope he's ok. Imagine sitting there reading SOS and that you're basically a deviant piece of s***. One of the reasons I find it hard to stay friends with scn I have known for years is their attitude towards homosexuality.

15. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

It is awful. This is the kind of information, even affidavits that Babbitt could possibly use in court as support for the extortion (and fraud) and enticement to go illegal on obtaining finances for whatever scientology reg cycle possible. I don't know if he needs it, but see no reason why you and 100's of others couldn't reach out to the Garcia's or even Mike or Tony to discuss the possible need for such corroborating evidence that could be presented and must be weighed in the upcoming arbitration.
    It would be useful on many levels, especially if you have docs to support.

16. Dave B.

Dave B. Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

Hi, welcome to the forum. Congrats on breaking out!

You're still young. You didn't waste 10, 20, 30.... or 40! years in an abusive corrosive kult and then get kicked to the curb. The $cn. programming will desensitize eventually, you'll stop using kult words etc. As you build a more normal life and get some perspective on it you'll see more and more what a laughable crock of shit it is.

cheers!

17. Adam7986

Adam7986 Declared SP

Protecting your identity is only an issue if you still have anything vested in it. I left Scientology in 2012. In fact, when I decided to leave I came on here and posted my entire story. It took the cult 2 months to get it to my parents. Then I moved out of my house. I'm 30 years old. I was at AOLA between 2001 and 2003. I was at FLAG on the TTC until early 2004. .

18. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

Reading this stories refreshes my memory of fucking ruthless the cult always was - and is - to people.

Even the most deep seated die-hards believers will get fucked over by the cult sooner or later - but certainly !

19. phenomanon

phenomanon Gold Meritorious Patron

Me, too. The attitude is ignorant.
    I think that the entire subject of a person's sex life is their own business, and , unless it interferes with auditing, it's no business of the so-called cherch.
    I will tell you that it is OK to be gay at CCLA, but not at the other PAC Orgs. The Celebs, you see; Privileged in every way.

20. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

The Basics was my final straw too. Just sayin' .... that and watching too many OT VIIIs falling flat on their faces. They couldn't all be "failed cases". The promised results just weren't there.