Was in for 10 years, left quietly 5 years ago.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by anon1, Jun 26, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. JackStraw

JackStraw Silver Meritorious Patron

Exactly! I was in for 31(ish) years.

The Basics struck me as such a fraud. I had a friend who wrote a novel. The editing process was such a harrowing thing: friends read and pointed out errors, re-wrote, re checked, re wrote, several times, then sent to professional editors who sent back corrections which were incorporated and resent to the editors :several times:and eventually were accepted and the book was published!

My God! the errors we found! Words misspelled, other errors found... but sill, the book was published! Yay!

Ron, apparently, couldn't be bothered. He never re-looked at his books? The Basic Books? He never gave a second look at the most basic texts of his "religion?" I don't buy it.

His biggest claim to fame was as "Author." yet he couldn't give a crap about how his "religious" texts were presented?

Sorry. No.

I don't buy it.

DM is a lying sack of shit.

I, personally, had a foot in the "wog world" from day one and was never a "dyed-in-the-wool" scn.

The Basics, combined with the abuse of a friend of mine lead to my departure from scn.

Cancer means: do something different.

When you don't do something different, different shit happens.

Mountain View Org staff: Ignore cancer patience at your peril!

You fucking blew it. You think you know something, you don't know shit!

Jack Straw

2. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

You're right, Jack.

One of the rationales about the Basics is that the final work did not match the initial notes. I've written sections of product manuals. As with novels, the writing goes through a long process, from initial notes, through many drafts where the text gets checked and revised. With ANY author, he gets the final copy, and it's his job to review it before it goes out.

And they tell me that didn't happen?

The books were used in all the auditor courses. LRH conducted lots of those courses in the early days.

And he didn't notice?

The real push behind the basics was to get everything issued under new copyright, with DM in control of the copyrights.

3. EZ Linus

EZ Linus BT-free since 2003!

I've been wanting to post on this thread (and come back to the forum) for a while now, but I've been busy putting the final touches on the rewrite of my memoir, which is almost predominately about the cult. Okay, maybe half of it is. It's all intertwined because I was a Scientologist for at least a good 17 years but I did a lot of other things in my life. There is a lot of crap about Scientology and how it works and how mind controlling it was, for me. I got into it at a young age and in an odd way and wasn't really grounded/rooted hard into it until I was more like 19 when I joined staff. After that I was more like a pod.

I eased out in anger when I was about 30, but I still didn't recognize it as a cult for another year, then I wasn't "mad" yet. I was traumatized. I mean really fucked up. For years. It took me a while to tell my Scientology friends that I was in no way shape or form "in." It took a long time for it all to get through the grapevine that I was posting on ARS and all that. I still talk to a few people and they know exactly how I feel and know that I'm writing a negative book about the cult too. They know they won't be able to speak to me after it gets published. It's pretty stupid. It's a stupid "rule" that we can't just all have our own thoughts.

Talk about masturbation and sexual histories, in the cult you're made to feel horribly about just about any kind of thought -- thoughts! I have been interrogated in rooms at Flag for other things: thoughts, not sexual, but it doesn't even matter. Once they think you're wrong about something, they can be like, like, like I don't know. Insane? They make it so you're so stifled, you cannot move a centimeter in any direction. You are completely under their thumb and in their power and your life is no longer your own.

4. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

I've got bugger all to write on the thread, I just wanted to say what a pleasure it is to find someone who knows the difference between 'dyed in the wool' and 'died in the wool!' :biggrin:

5. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

The main power they have over you, is to declare you guilty of something, and thus you must "make amends" (either that, or it gives them a reason to charge you for a bunch of auditing for "sec checks").

6. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

There is a LRH lecture from the 4th London ACC (5510C14 - Exteriorization and Interiorization) where the old man equates being in to being trapped and being out to being free.

In this lecture, he avers that an essential component of trapping someone is giving them false choices; giving them a false sense of control.

No better place to do that than in the closed world of a cult.

:)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  7. anon1

anon1 Patron

Just had lunch with my scn friend. We were talking about my other friend who left the sea org a couple of years ago. He asked me why the girl had left the sea org and i said that she was treated like a slave and why would anyone voluntarily stay in. The friend I was having lunch with then said 'Oh yeah things were so crazy before those two SPs left. They made everything so bad in the sea org.' I just looked at her and raised my eyebrows. I said 'do you mean Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun?' 'Yes', she said. And then I pointed out that they left because things were so shit. That Mike dedicated his entire life to it. She is currently receiving NED. It's so bad. I just want to shake her.

8. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

So many ways to open the door and throw in a few truth seeds. I think I would have agreed with her that it is all so confusing that former top staff had left and I wonder why 100's if not thousands of top of the bridge OT have also left. Then comment, ' I hope you do well on your NED and that you don't have problems like all the OTs who have left. I mean OMG what is going on for this to happen? Just let me know if you have problems I'll see if I can help you out.'

9. Vittorio

Vittorio Patron Meritorious

Well done for getting out. I remember the Basics campaign very well. People were encouraged to spend their last dime on those basics sets. Since then there has been a ton of new releases. How do people keep up?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  10. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

She believes it was Marty and Mike because SHE WANTS TO HAVE SOMETHING TO BLAME IT ON - so she can "get up the Bridge".
    NED SUCKS - really bad. She will most likely waste more money and time grinding away at that crap and rip off "service" NED - she will soon get disillusioned and blow. Most of them do.:yes:

She will be really pissed if she ever figures out they are looking for the Clear Cognition: "I am mocking up my reactive mind but can stop it and control it"

...instead of "getting rid" of the reactive mind as promised many times over - by the fat fucker con artist and malignant narcisist
    - L Ron Hubbard.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  11. anon1

anon1 Patron

Update. Sad to say an acquaintance who has been being groomed for the last couple of years just bought their clear package.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  12. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

Sometimes, there are just no good solutions. As with alcoholics and drug addicts, Scientologists are going to do what they are going to do, and will respond with anger towards people who tell them they are on a bad path. They will continue to hurt the people around them until THEY hit a point which makes them desire to change their lives.

13. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

Belated welcome, anon1.
    I'd like to suggest that you NOT post any details co your knowledge of the sexual abuse here, at this time. Your post (above) doubtlessly has gotten the full attention of OSA, and I would, instead, suggest that you reach out to Tony Ortega at tonyo94@gmail.com or Mike Rinder at his blog with this information. They'll fully respect your need for confidentiality, and you'll be getting your information into the right hands. You can also PM me if you like.
    Again, welcome, and thank you for speaking out.

14. anon1

anon1 Patron

I think you're right. You do have to treat them as if they are addicts.

15. anon1

anon1 Patron

Thanks for letting me know. To be honest, at this point I care a lot less if they find who I am. I literally just don't care anymore.

16. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I'm glad you are here, anon1, that you came back again. If I may make a suggestion, please. I can appreciate your desire to speak your mind with your Scn friends, but, at some point, you might find that they will have been indoctrinated enough to disconnected from you, or chosen to because of your attitude. I am not saying that the emotions you feel are not important. I am only saying that being critical of Scientology to it's believers, rarely if ever, provokes a person to leave. Wishing you the best!

17. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

deleted ... wrong thread, sorry!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  18. phenomanon

phenomanon Gold Meritorious Patron

O Man!