Welcome to the newbies

Discussion in 'ESMB Public Announcements' started by Emma, Apr 25, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Sharone Stainforth

Sharone Stainforth Silver Meritorious Patron

Hello Cyberdrifter,

Welcome to ESMB.

My advice would be for you to read as much as possible both here on ESMB and Lermanet.com and OCMB front pages.

Spend the next 6 months reading everything you can about Scientology, including all the ex members stories, then if you still want to persue this, be prepared to be brainwashed heavily.

I don't want to be reading about you, a few years down the line, having had your brain messed with, like so many others.

Sharone

2. Cyberdrifter

Cyberdrifter New Member

Contact

How would I find him or PM him? (Terril Park)

3. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

You will find his contact data here.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/member.php?u=19

I would caution you to check out very thoroughly any freezoner you are considering getting services from. Being freezone, they can deliver anything.

Take the above advice from Sharone and read much on this board first.

Above all, stay far, far away from the church of Scientology.

Good luck.

4. clover72p

clover72p New Member

Hello all!

Is this where I start to bare my soul about a part of my life that seems like it came from a galaxy long, long ago? Yes, it still haunts me in dreams, but in my waking life I just have fond memories of people I was close to and wonderful moments working for a cause I thought would change the world. Right up front I'll say I have no interest in reviving the tech or arguing over what went wrong. I'm just hoping some people I knew and cared for then will recognize me and let me know how they are doing. I was COSMOD staff 1975 through 1980. I did my levels at the Portland Org. My husband was an auditor at the Mission. We loved the tech big time. We ate, drank, and slept it! When things went sour for us, we reported it to Ron, because surely he didn't know. Oh baby, how hard the comedown, the wasted days of trying to reorient ourselves to the reality of the situation.

Dan Locke, I know you called me a while back, but I had no idea where your loyalties lie and didn't want to complicate my life with any connection from Scientology. But if anyone, including you Dan, just wants to catch up or thinks you might know me or my hubby, give me a private message at [email protected] (clover's a little hint for those of you who knew me).:coolwink:

5. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Actually, this probably belongs elsewhere, but Hey, :wave: Hello and :welcome2: Sounds to me you were one of the lucky ones, getting out so early on. Maybe start a thread and say all above again. Tell your story. :yes: Plenty here would love to hear it, commiserate. :thumbsup:

6. Andtheyalllived

Andtheyalllived Patron with Honors

Hi Clover- I would love to hear your story... Start your own thread!
    I'm sure not alone - welcome!:happydance:

7. Rapt Reader

Rapt Reader Patron

Hey, clover72p~~You've already got me hooked :) If you go to the My Story section in the Forum and tell yours, I promise to read it all, and act appropriately :wink2: Every story opens up a new world of information for me (a non-Scn) and I love reading them...I also can't believe (though I do believe what the tellers tell) that a world like yours existed, and it's very eye-opening for me. When you are ready to write it, I will be there to read it :yes:

8. Jeeze~Louise this is an old thread!!! :biggrin: :old:

But nevertheless, WELCOME to all the Newbies!!! :happydance:

9. fcdcclassof74

fcdcclassof74 New Member

11. In present time

In present time Gold Meritorious Patron

my god pixie, if you are a noob, i am just a hershey bar in emmas back pocket;)

12. WhatWouldXenuDo?

WhatWouldXenuDo? New Member

Hello all, I am a newbie, and glad to be here!

My family spent the first month of summer break in Clearwater, Florida from the time I was 5 til I graduated from high school. As the years went by, each subsequent summer Clearwater seemed to become more and more populated by Scientologists. When you would be in the tourist traps proper, you would be accosted by young people, with happy smiles and the image of wanting to save the world, and you with it. On a walk through town one day, I was approached and offered a "personality test" .... my dad was near enough to hear the young man talking to me, and before I knew what was happening he pretty much forcibly removed me from the conversation and told the man to never EVER EVER even walk on the same side of the street as me, and tell his other disciples the same.
    Color me bewildered and confused at the time, but now I can't thank him enough. I was exactly the kind of candidate Scientology would be thrilled to indoctrinate.
    That summer my dad absolutely forbid the topic of scientology and we sure didnt walk the town much.
    As I got older, my dad was honest about his fear of scientology and back then he said "CULT".... So I count myself lucky.
    Cut to years later, my very best friend-my soul sister got wrapped up in a cult situation, nothing nearly as organized--more like a Manson Family--I haven't seen her in five years.
    Sorry, this is a bit discombobulated, I swear I usually more coherent!

13. Nixus

Nixus New Member

Hello everyone, I'm still getting used to the format here as it's a little different from another site where I've been a member for a while.
    Thank you for the welcome message too, I find the replies from other newbies useful to read as for me they set the tone of the forum and so far it's all good.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  14. DanLocke

DanLocke Patron with Honors

Hello there, sorry I missed this till now. Writing you now.

15. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

Hi Emma,

I came here 2 years ago and began posting. No back story, just an assortment of posts that I'd like to think became increasingly coherent.

ESMB for me has been tremendously cathartic, enlightening, funny, sometimes frustrating but ultimately wonderful place to exchange and express ideas.

I want to thank the many people here, and you especially, for contributing so mightily to crashing Scientology's stats.

OSA has no way of dealing with this "marketplace of ideas" that you've created, and I know it drives them c-r-a-z-y that an open forum exists where their abuses and crimes,

past and present, are exposed & illuminated for the world to see.

So I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to YOU, and all those here, who've shared their thoughts and experiences and made this such a wonderfully stimulating "marketplace."

Len Zinberg
    Clear #5549 (yeah, right!)
    NYO Staff '69-72
    FOLO EUS '72 - 75
    G.O. Volunteer '70 -'89 (to my everlasting shame)

There's no need to reply to this post, folks. Let's keep it a welcome to newbies thread, and anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to you and especially Emma!

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  16. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

Pixie's post in 7 years old. :)

17. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Lol, Pixie was one funny (both peculiar and haha) lady. We've had such an odd and interesting assortment of people here over the years.

The bottom line for me has always been, ESMB; it can only get weirder. :)

18. Thank you !!

19. ThetaLater

ThetaLater New Member

Wow! Posted in 2008, I hope these forums are still live!

20. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

We're still here. Just click on the "New Posts" button on the menu bar.