What's new

What buttons might you want, in addition to Thanks, Like, and Dislike?

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
See? The "LOOK" and point thing worked on you too! :coolwink:

(I'm just joking with you, DG. You can (try to) shoot me if you want. :runaway:)

Yes, but she was unable to articulate so she could only point. Then car horns start blaring, high beams flashing and then mobs out on their cars roofs singing & shouting. We watched the darting maneuvers of instant full speed and stopping abilities. Really was amazing. Can't remember the movie anymore though.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
.... Sheryl J****, my then 2D from TC Org. suddenly points to the sky
Dou you still have 2D's instead of GF (= girlfriends) ?

..... the sky while at a drive inn movie theater in Bloomington, Mn. and there was this inbound triangular formation of lights, like brighter than possible stars. ....

The bright lights you are talking about, did they look like this ?:

[video=youtube;WF1xiXpl9I0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WF1xiXpl9I0#t=10 0[/video]

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
So what you're saying is you created a false UFO sighting and then convinced people it was real?

Hmmmm......

UFOs. A whole crowd saw them, right?

I have a wild g/f who is a good buddy in Chicago. One busy Saturday at a congested intersection in downtown Chicago, I said, 'Play along, okay?' and I pointed up at the sky and yelled, "LOOK!"

There was nothing there, but people looked. She played along, she said, "OH MY GAWWWD! LOOK!"

And do you know what, we had at least two dozen people staring at the sky and pointing. Some of them started whispering UFO's.

The pedestrian street was crowded and stopped, with a whole crowd of people pointing and looking at the sky.

Then we left, laughing to tears, leaving the crowd still staring and pointing at the sky.

Group hypnosis. It's a genuine phenomenon.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
The bright lights you are talking about, did they look like this ?:

[video=youtube;WF1xiXpl9I0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WF1xiXpl9I0#t=10 0[/video]
:thumbsup:
Why yes, yes that's it exactly. Wow, you got something out of your OT levels. Way to make it go right...

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
So what you're saying is you created a false UFO sighting and then convinced people it was real?

Hmmmm......

I don't buy that people are that crazy.
There was no communication between any of the parties involved as everyone was in their cars watching the movie.
Now I get what it feels like to get besieged by the real tin foilers with these feeble minded theories.
Plus they were so kind so as to prove once and for all what hat line they got in.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
:thumbsup:
Why yes, yes that's it exactly. Wow, you got something out of your OT levels. Way to make it go right...
No, no.... fortunately I never made it to the "OT-Levels" (I am a "natural OT" - never heard about it ?).

But I have seen this "UFO" too, and I even could recognize its name: "Lasershow"

JustSheila

Crusader

Hmmmm......

It happened exactly the way I said it did. I forgot where I got the idea, but just wanted to try it. Look and point. That's all I did. People had to find a reason for what I did, I guess, so came up with their own.

Group hypnosis is a weird phenomenon.

hypnotic-amnesia.jpg

I went to this hypnotist's show once, btw. Wasn't fake. He picked the person I came with, a family member, and had him doing ballet. He'd NEVER do anything like that in public consciously.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
It happened exactly the way I said it did. I forgot where I got the idea, but just wanted to try it. Look and point. That's all I did. People had to find a reason for what I did, I guess, so came up with their own.

hypnotic-amnesia.jpg

I went to this hypnotist's show once, btw. Wasn't fake. He picked the person I came with, a family member, and had him doing ballet. He'd NEVER do anything like that in public consciously.

Honest to Gawd, when I got home from shopping and illegal turn tickets, my neighbors were out looking to the western horizon as the sum faded and they were taking pictures. I saw nothing. Maybe they were pulling that stunt, Holy Shit! Again, I saw nothing and this really just did happen.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

hypnotic-amnesia.jpg

If this is a real photo then where's his Willy? You know that's what they really do once he conks them out, don't you?

JustSheila

Crusader
I don't buy that people are that crazy.
There was no communication between any of the parties involved as everyone was in their cars watching the movie.
Now I get what it feels like to get besieged by the real tin foilers with these feeble minded theories.
Plus they were so kind so as to prove once and for all what hat line they got in.

DG, I clearly stated that I was only teasing you. Lighten up!

I've seen some weird things in the sky sometimes, too. UFOs? IDK. Guessing too much has never been enjoyable to me.

That one time, DOZENS of people actually did look up at the sky and point. A few were saying things like, 'Is that a UFO?' Was there something in the sky after that? IDK, as me and my g/f cut out of there giggling. We were only young then and didn't anticipate the reaction, and as young people do, didn't want to get in trouble for creating a scene.

That's not to say any of them were convinced. Maybe some were, maybe not, I didn't stick around to find out. The more that gathered, the more gathered, all curious what the rest were looking at. The bigger the crowd, the more convincing it was to the rest. Crowds are like that. Ever worked in retail? When I had a store and things were slow, I'd ask a friend to start oohing and awwing about the clothing. If two people do it, it's a fair guarantee hew arrivals to the store will start looking at your stock in a positive way. Ever park your car in a completely empty lot, only to find that the next five or so cars entering the lot parked right next to you, and next to the one after, etc?

So there is such a thing as group hypnosis, as 'falling in line' with what the group is doing or thinking. That doesn't mean it happens with everything, but then again, it's pretty common. It is one of the intrinsic sort of 'light hypnosis' techniques that attracted us to Scn and kept us in, too. Like this vid:

[video=youtube;SnAyr0kWRGE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnAyr0kWRGE[/video]

Hypatia

Pagan
If I could have any button at all, it would be the red button. You know the one. The "OH MY GOD DON'T PUSH IT- NOT THE RED BUTTON!!" button.

Hypatia

Pagan
I've seen too many occasions where people seemed to use more negative type buttons to kinda...well, fuck with someone. They can be drama generators. I'd like to see fun ones.

It'd be really funny if everyone gave me a tinfoil hat button for this post...:biggrin:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Sometimes when a poster's 'scientific evidence' begins to derail the topic, this might be a very helpful button to keep the thread super-theta and on track:

I FEEL GOOD ABOUT. . .

th

YOU BEING DELUSIONAL