What did you need most when you left Scn?

Discussion in 'Leaving Scientology' started by Petey C, Sep 12, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

It's been a while since I visited this thread, and thanks all for your posts.

I'm interested in what Mike Laws had to say about pre-cult identities (and the impossibility of returning to it if you had none, ie were born in). My pre-cult identity was hippyish and therefore not relevant to the 80s when I got out, and I had trouble figuring things out for myself. What was really clear was that the Scn/SO identity absolutely did NOT work.

I admit that I spent years just wanting STUFF -- clothes, food, cars, books, household stuff, presents for people, furniture, whatever. I was starved for it and was envious of people who'd been accumulating for years, not deliberately but in that natural, evolving way one does when one lives a normal life.

In the end it's living in the world that gave me what I needed: perspective, resources, tolerance, forgiveness (of myself as well as others), and sense that life can be fun.

2. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Petey, you're right .....stuff.

Wanting stuff though is not needing stuff.

After a few decades I can be selective about owning stuff, for a long time it was that old quantity quality thing, just wanted anything, rocks and branches were as good as anything else. I pulled furniture out of skips amazed that I didn't have to fight anyone for them. I am still happy with second hand and modifying the item, with paint and saws, to how I want it. However now, I can even buy new things if work at it for a while, and don't even feel guilty!

3. apple

apple Patron Meritorious

I needed this board but it was not there, I left pre-internet. I needed someone who knows what one goes through when they leave but there was no one. I needed to read anti-scientology books and I did. I needed to escape far away so I took a job in a mine living in a remote mining camp with no phone. The crap of scientology think stayed in my head for the longest time, slowly loosening its grip. Not until I read the information on the internet only then the claw that held me has released its grip.

4. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

I wasn't 'in' that long, so I could zoom right back to my former workplace, the Danish Airforce.. I didn't have any 'identity' problems, although the scientology shit was like a poison in my mind.

A curious thing: I was staff at the Guardian's Office and thus knew all I cared to about fairgaming and all the shit that could, would, happen to me.. So every workplace I ever had, I informed the Boss and anyone on the 'comm lines' about my situation. So that when the shit cult tried to do their worst, my boss and colleques would know what that was... Heh.. As far as I know they never tried to slander me or do anything.. But their policies caused me to educate about them at around 10 workplaces!

:yes:

5. No One

No One Patron

Pillows, Booze, Food, Money, Toilet paper.

6. SPsince83

SPsince83 Silver Meritorious Patron

Weed. Lots of it.

7. No One

No One Patron

Oh Oh Oh!!! I forgot the biggest one! SLEEP!

8. Madscotsman

Madscotsman Patron

I needed a bloody good piss up lol!

9. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

I needed rest, sleep, things good for the soul to recover my little ''true peaceful me''

I needed a ''safe space'' aseptic environement,here on this planet
    free of any $cientology, ethics, mind fuck and lunatic $cientologist handler...

That was mandatory to remain sane!

10. exbritscino

exbritscino Patron with Honors

A few jars of the amber nectar.

And a damned good shag...........

11. hummingbird

hummingbird Patron with Honors

I just wanted to be left alone, without people picking at my mind and motives. Gawd, I hated the forced introspection of the kult.