What's new

What did you think of the "OT" levels as you were doing them ?

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Frankly, back in the mid 70's OT 1 was a walk around outside observing type process with absolute nothing " confidential " other that it was called OT1 & it was just a so-so thing to do.

OT 2 first thing was becoming aware that for people who hadn't audited this was going to be a bitch. It was obvious some people on the solo course were lost with a meter.
And, on the gobbled gook of 2 it was come a cropper IF they were really good with the meter. The level its self was a sci fi run way to much vaulted ot3 Wall of Fire. Gain? Nah. Did it. So what.

OT 3, so much as been written about it - it just seemed way too weird reading it. A lot of WTF going on in my head. Looking back I tend to think that is where the "hook" really got set & I stopped MY thinking and just followed the old man.

A smugness that *I* joined the few that had braved the dreaded Wall of Fire? Unfortunately, yes. So I backed off while others did the old 4,5,6,& 7 - back then I think ( somebody correct me if I'm wrong here ) 7 was a rerun of the clearing course.

I know some people who attested to clear during the opening of the flood gate of dianetic clear were concerned they'd 'miss' the clearing course & were assured they'd see it along the way.

Like many others, when NOTs came out . . . . . I went to flag to do 4 & 5 which, of course were more of the BTs & clusters I had attested to on OT 3 that there were no more of. Can't explain how I bought these were buried deeper or some such BS.

7 was flag only. Live at flag & do 7 or don't do it. Like most other people in the era of live in the FH & eat there meals period it was a no go for me, too.

As soon as 7 was released for 'export' ( they could get more people on it ! ) there I went to do 6 & get on 7. 6 was hand written by David Mayo. As I was OK'd to leave & go home with the level David Mayo was declared. I so wanted to go screw this & leave as I KNEW that was just wrong.

And there went a long odyessy of solo auditing of guess what ? More BTs & clusters !

The way 7 was written it looked like as long as there were ANY bts or clusters that level could NOT be flatten by any individual.

Along in there somewhere the 6 months checks ( none of us EVER agreed to ! ) came about. The first couple to question 6 mos checks got promptly declared. So, get back in line & pay for the sec checks.
A 6 months check could keep you there at lease a month. Seeing the MAA could take 5 days of waiting ! Hell, sometimes it took 3 days to route in & 3 or 4 days to route out ! )

Then Betty attested & that flood started ( Never mind very soon after she died of cancer ) of attesting to 7 ! Why ?

Now there " set ups " for 8 ! THAT was also a loooooooooooooong expensive road ( I didn't do only because I was stuck at the toll gate for lotsa $$$$ )

Did things happen along the way where I saw people get screwed to the wall ? Raped in ethics ? Robbed by the IAS ? Sold intensives they never needed ? Shipped off for L's ? Told they weren't clear ?
yeah it all !

Leland

Crusader
Yea, the 70's OT 1 sounds like a "sunshine rundown".....or similar in nature....

Or...the "sunshine rundown" was a copy of OT 1.....style.....

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors
I can't answer your question as I never made it to the OT levels. However I have known several, some completed OT8 and the L's. They were of mystical quality for me and I wanted to do them, of course, who wouldn't want the EP's.

Back a few years ago when I started researching the net, and still trying to figure it all out, I had the opportunity to ask a sibling of a OT8. I simply asked do you see any difference in your bro/sis. Without comm lag, the answer was no, not really. That answer was a eye opener for me.

And here I am.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Yea, the 70's OT 1 sounds like a "sunshine rundown".....or similar in nature....

Or...the "sunshine rundown" was a copy of OT 1.....style.....

Nah. it's only a distant cousin to the SSRD, it's more like "Waterloo Station" from Route 2 of Creation Of Human Ability. It deals with spotting bodies, not objects. :)

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
The earlier version of OT1 is based on Waterloo Station, there's no doubt about that. It's about *bodies*, it's setting you up for the over-population myth and remedying "scarcity of bodies" which is an important aspect of BT technology.

Almost all of scientology's current tech is based on reworkings of work/research/other's ideas done in the early years.

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors
The earlier version of OT1 is based on Waterloo Station, there's no doubt about that. It's about *bodies*, it's setting you up for the over-population myth and remedying "scarcity of bodies" which is an important aspect of BT technology.

Almost all of scientology's current tech is based on reworkings of work/research/other's ideas done in the early years.

FIFY

Almost all of scientology's current [STRIKE]tech [/STRIKE] mythology is based on reworkings of [STRIKE]work/research/other's ideas[/STRIKE] mythology done in the early years.

:biggrin:

Hubbard said he was just a writer. :duh::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Oh, how the crowd, bought it. Myself included, as well many intelligent people in society.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
FIFY

Almost all of scientology's current [STRIKE]tech [/STRIKE] mythology is based on reworkings of [STRIKE]work/research/other's ideas[/STRIKE] mythology done in the early years.

:biggrin:

Hubbard said he was just a writer. :duh::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Oh, how the crowd, bought it. Myself included, as well many intelligent people in society.
Funny but that's not quite true. In the early years there were many people in dianetics/scientology (people other than Hubbard) working hard on the idea of "total freedom". Their work was usurped, altered and corrupted in many instances but the work (or, if you prefer, mind-meddling) was actually done, nonetheless.

Last edited:

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors
Funny but that's not quite true. In the early here were many people in dianetics/scientology (people other than Hubbard) working hard on the idea of "total freedom". Their work was usurped, altered and corrupted in many instances but the work (or, if you prefer, mind-meddling) was actually done, nonetheless.

yes, that's true, known as the St Hill era, opening Panadora's box.

What I'm talking about is 1954 COHA, those peeps at St Hill were not involved, only Hubbard and his mythology, mystical results to be had:

http://www.matrixfiles.com/Scientology Materials/Books/1954 CREATION OF HUMAN ABILITY.pdf

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
yes, that's true, known as the St Hill era, opening Panadora's box.

What I'm talking about is 1954 COHA, those peeps at St Hill were not involved, only Hubbard and his mythology, mystical results to be had:

http://www.matrixfiles.com/Scientology Materials/Books/1954 CREATION OF HUMAN ABILITY.pdf

Right but I do think there were others giving input or being pillaged for data by Hubbard even in those earlier years too.

I may be mistaken about COHA being the book which covers the procedure known as Waterloo Station but the simple fact that it was originally done in Waterloo (a railway station in London) tells you that it's from the UK years. I remember it from the old PABs and Congress tapes but I can't really recall where I first saw it and I don't have scientology books to hand here, they're banned in this house. :)

In any event, Waterloo Station is dissimilar in several ways in that it's an audited action rather than solo'd and it has various "not-know about" commands etc. My point, really, was that Old OT1 is more like Waterloo Station (spotting people) than the Sunshine RD (spotting objects).

Leland

Crusader
Yea, I remember Waterloo Station also.

It might be in COHA.....and a early PAB as you say....

As you say, SSRD was for objects....and I believe distances....and sizes....

Then later there was also the walk around and spot tone levels......which I think was employed with body routing also.....

It was funny to me back in the day.....I did my Sunshine rundown at night.

I queried this...and was told it was OK....but it always kinda chaffed at me.

Hell.....it was called the "Sun-Shine" rundown.....wasn't it?? Not the Moonlight rundown.....

:whistling:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
The following is some stuff I have on OTI. I believe it's from the 'Fishman affadavit'. I did it in 1970 and did the same OTI as Giz (3), walking about outside spotting stuff, although I thought there was more to it than what is given below.

Earliest OT1.

On an E-Meter, find the last 3,000 years of lifetimes. Plot out the entire 3,000 year chart as follows:
(a) Find an overt lifetime. Get the identity and the approximate dates of birth and death. Find the overt and pull all the justifications to it.
(b) Find the following motivator lifetime, and follow procedure as above. (Identity and dates.)
(c) Find the postulate from each lifetime and the basic postulate in each group of lifetimes.
(d) Continue the first three steps until the entire 3,000 years is charted and the individuals kharma, i.e. (overt-motivator sequence) becomes apparent.
(e) In some cases additional benefit could be obtained by locating the basic misunderstood which proceeded the basic overt on this chain.

Second OT I

(a) Route I ... The entire 15 steps as listed in "Creation of Human Ability".
(b) With an E-Meter, scan out entire present lifetime to a floating needle.
(c) Mock-up heat until body feels warm.
(d) Postulating mass: With the use of the E-Meter and the command "I have Mass", create a reactive mind. Put sufficient significance on to, it to cause the T.A- to rise. Then spot it until the T.A. falls and the mass erases. Run to an F/N. Then mock it up again and erase it each time to a floating needle. This procedure is repeated until the pre-OT is certain he can create and dissipate a reactive mind.

Third OT I

The current OT I is done outdoors and consists solely of one command run until cognition.
"Spot a person."
Concludes OT I

I found some more stuff on my computer...

attachment.php

OTI2.jpg

attachment.php

OTI7.jpg

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The following is some stuff I have on OTI. I believe it's from the 'Fishman affadavit'. I did it in 1970 and did the same OTI as Giz (3), walking about outside spotting stuff, although I thought there was more to it than what is given below.

<snip>
Third OT I

The current OT I is done outdoors and consists solely of one command run until cognition.
"Spot a person."
Concludes OT I

That "Third OT I" is completely false.

The one shown below is accurate, as far as I remember, except the 13 steps were handwritten too.

I found some more stuff on my computer...

attachment.php

View attachment 11085

attachment.php

View attachment 11084

Paul
ex Solo-OT3 Sup at Saint Hill 1982-5 and ITO early 90s

RogerB

Crusader
Right but I do think there were others giving input or being pillaged for data by Hubbard even in those earlier years too.

I may be mistaken about COHA being the book which covers the procedure known as Waterloo Station but the simple fact that it was originally done in Waterloo (a railway station in London) tells you that it's from the UK years. I remember it from the old PABs and Congress tapes but I can't really recall where I first saw it and I don't have scientology books to hand here, they're banned in this house. :)

In any event, Waterloo Station is dissimilar in several ways in that it's an audited action rather than solo'd and it has various "not-know about" commands etc. My point, really, was that Old OT1 is more like Waterloo Station (spotting people) than the Sunshine RD (spotting objects).

Panda is correct on all points he makes on this thread above.

PS edit: as is Paul.

R

RogerB

Crusader
Nice opening post, Giz!

Of course the whole bullshit thing of the implants . . . as Alan once said to me: "I don't know where he (Hubbard) dreamed that shit up from!"

And, of course, the idea that everyone had the shit Hubbs said they had was bullshit also . . . though some might have, did or otherwise mocked it up . . . it was not true for everyone.

But on the BT thing and the continually finding more at at each "new OT level" after having earlier attested to complete and "no more" . . . . well there is the conundrum!

I did around 12 years on S/NOTS :ohmy::duh:

The fact is, in reading your opener above, Giz, my spiritual team/connections and I became aware of how smart they were to have gotten OUT OF THE WAY OF THAT SHIT!

The fact is, it turns out, they were smart enough to bail out and not be found to be negatively processed and screwed about with by that dumb, destructive tech.

Since teaming up with Alan in '94, I have had to opportunity to clean up most of the damage done by the "OT levels."

Even this morning, in my solo session, I was recovering and cleaning up a particular spiritual teammate and his/its team that got mauled in all the muddled earlier Scn tech . . . this going back to that event in '63 where the physical universe "unmocked" for me and another guy present with me.

Also, if any are still interesting in finding out about the actual nature of our spiritual connections, there is still lots going on. Indeed, I had to rescue a guy recently who had been doing sessions with "Old Auditor" using "spiritual rescue technology" as practiced by "Old Auditor" . . . . The sessions were being conducted over Skype.

The PC and his spiritual connections had gotten into such strife that they rebelled and blew out the electrical connections of the computers through which the Skype signal was being carried.

Not surprising, actually. Research has revealed that it is the spiritual union/unity we have with our personal spiritual teams that facilitates the fused telepathic projections we see and experience as the reality we know as the physical universe and its earlier similars down through the Earlier Universe chain Alan noted in his book, Gods in Disguise.

Thus, in this context one can begin to understand the dramas encountered by those who have "gone all the way" over Hubbard's delusional "Bridge."

It, to me, also explains the sickness, the cancers, and the drama of idiotic dramatizations we see among many who did that route.

The good news, however, is that it all can be repaired and put back in good order.

Rog

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I did the OT levels, I was "elevated" to the fully deluded state of Hallucinatory Cause (on OT 3.)

Mental illness as "freedom."

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I did what must have been the new OT1 in the FreeZone in 1987. I don't remember much about the solo audited part except that the first question on it was, "What isn't someone doing to me?" I don't recall any whole track stuff at all.

The section done out in the open air, I also don't recall in any detail but I think it was pretty much the same as the one described above.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
I know what I did as OT 1 @ AOLA was what is posted as version 3 of it,

I was extremely close to someone who did all 3 L's & absolutely nothing changed ( zero ).
And of all the people I knew who did the L's - say 200 - ONE person really changed for the better. (nevermind they claim they cam leap tall building etc BS ).

OT 8. Once again, very close to 5 people who did it with no perceptible ( by me ) change in them .
Also just know more than a few more who did 8 who stay pretty quiet about it.

In all honesty, after OT 7 one day I realized that after all those years I had done of scientology processes the inescapable fact of being far more fucked up than before I walked in their door the first time.
So, I left to recover some semblance of my sanity.

Long story short ? That stuff was a long expensive road to getting really mentally fucked up.

I out of 10,000 chance " getting " something from it is worse than Vegas odds !