What do you say to a naked Sea Org member?

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by TheOriginalBigBlue, Aug 20, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

This thread title is a play on Allen Funt's "What Do You Say to a Naked Lady"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066559/

Candid Camera's Allen Funt secretly tapes people's reactions to unexpected encounters with nudity in unusual situations, such as when a naked young woman casually exits an elevator in an office building, or when the nude male art model breaks the wall between artist and model and has off-the-cuff conversations with the clothed women artists.
    _____
    I think Johnny Tank’s post at the Bunker is an inspiration. What would it be like to document the reactions to someone going around Clearwater in a full dress Sea Org uniform?

It’s not as though they could be busted for impersonating a Sea Org member. Anyone can buy that stuff at some funky discount uniform store. Get the cheap shiny black plastic shoes to be authentic.

You might even get tips for posing in photos.
    _____
    https://tonyortega.org/2017/08/20/h...-bringing-back-the-universe-corps/#more-41975

Johnny Tank (Forever Autumn) • 4 hours ago
    Trip update: I stopped by Clearwater yesterday. First port of call was the Lucky Anchor. There was a bunch of regulars there, and I obviously stuck out like a sore thumb (I thought maybe I had forgotten to put my shorts on). Sitting at the bar enjoying a beer in my usual quiet manner, I noticed one lovely young lady at the opposite end was taking photos of me. She was talking to her friends and gesturing towards me. "So this is what it's like to be a scientologist in Clearwater", I thought. While on my second beer, I comm'ed with her to let her know I was not in fact a scibot, but a Bunkerite. "A what?" she asked. Even though she knew Clay and how his video about visiting TC's new pad had got him on edge with scientology, she had never been on the Bunker. Just as we were talking, Clay came in and he diffused the situation, and he said that his patrons were "on eggshells" when it came to scientology spies - yeah, tell me about it XD
    Staff there was super friendly, beer was good (I had the Yuengling, of course), music was 80's/90's mostly (my fave), cleanliness - top marks. Just remember to shout out "I am an SP!" when you enter.

2. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

As long as you don't try to actually enter a Scn facility under the pretense that you actually belong, and as long as you do not commit any crime or disreputable acts which would be blamed on the Sea Org.

For example: California's "False Impersonation" Laws Penal Code 529 PC

Also, since the SO are proclaimed to be clergy of Scientology, one might be charged with impersonating a clergyman, which you could actually go to jail for in some states

3. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Of course, we are discussing dressing up like people who dress up like the US Navy. No capitalizing on stolen valor there.

The idea is to just observe people's reactions to someone in a Sea Org/Navy uniform while doing normal things in Clearwater - not to make false or any other kind of representations. And accepting tips for posing in photos may require a permit, all the legalese, etc. etc.

One time I was in a market in full dress with cap, lanyard and campaign bars and a little old lady came up to me and started to tell me how her late husband was in the Navy and fought in the war. I didn't have the heart to tell her I was a minister (I was an ordained minister) for the Church of Scientology and we only dressed up like the Navy so I just acknowledged her and expressed my support for what her husband had done. I did have respect for the military so that part was sincere. By simply not disclosing that I was not in the Navy was that an impersonation?

But your point is well taken. I have little doubt the Church would use any legal means possible to stop something like this and it would not surprise me if they even tried to stage a setup or hate crime confrontation that could be used for PR or legal purposes.

Back to Allen Funt - I'm sure he conducted these types of things under very well thought out and controlled circumstances.

But if Anonymous could demonstrate wearing Guy Fawkes masks then why wouldn't they be able to wear Sea Org uniforms which are basically fake Navy uniforms? Last I recall, it was policy that all Sea Org members were to do a rather minimalistic course on world religions and then get ordained but I am not aware of any policy that requires that Sea Org members be ordained before they can wear a Sea Org uniform, so by wearing a Sea Org uniform are you inherently impersonating a priest? Can someone wear a priest's outfit for Halloween? I suspect it all depends more on what you do and say rather than purely by virtue of wearing any kind of uniform but I suppose one could print a disclosure on the uniform right there under all the campaign bars.

village-people.jpg

4. Gib

Gib Crusader

delete