What does "stuck in an incident" mean?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by MissWog, Mar 9, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. MissWog

MissWog Silver Meritorious Patron

I was reporting tweets about #stafflife and got a msg via twitter to stop.. The person said..

#stafflife Misswog, stop reporting all my tweets. You are clearly stuck in an electronic incident.

what does that mean? I will stop reporting their tweets, I understood that part :)

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

In Scienoworld, it means you are dramatizing (acting out) a long-ago incident, a traumatic one with "electronic" force-fields say. So the person you see in front of you is not Bonnie Goodgirl, Scientology staff member, but Fangs McKracken about to skewer you with a red-hot lance, and your comments about Bonnie's irrational actions can be ignored as you are really (in your addled mind) talking to Fangs and not Bonnie.

Paul

3. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

In other words: "I'm a [STRIKE]fully[/STRIKE] highly trained Ron-Bot and I'm pouring all my deerly-paid TRs all over MissWog, which will certainly shut her up." :duh:

4. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

As usual, Hubbard turns somewhat true ideas and behaviors into non-metaphorical realities.

On the one hand, yes, some or many people DO suffer from some degree of stuck attention, or fixated attention, often on what are viewed as traumatic experiences.

I much prefer the models that describe such stuck attention as residing in the "subconscious mind" - where it can and does cause difficulties to the person.

It is a METAPHOR to say a person is "stuck in an incident", but as is so common in Scientology, these metaphors are viewed as detailed facts. If a person were actually "stuck" in an "incident", fully, he or she would see and experience ONLY that, and have no contact with current physical reality. So, almost nobody is "stuck in an incident", except for possibly a drooling psychotic curled up in a ball in some corner of a psychiatric ward, imagining some fantasy or phantasm as reality.

Obviously, past events can and do very much cause adverse effects on people. These past "incidents" don't actually "cause" the problem though - the person causes and perpetuates the problem by managing to submerge the relevant feelings and thoughts into his or her subconscious. There is a factor of "being stuck". Modern therapies deal with this all of the time.

Some studies into cancer cases have shown that certain types of cancer (for instance bladder cancer), have a "cause" rooted in being or feeling "stuck" and unable to move out of some situation, event or set of circumstances. It does "sound like" aspects of Scientology, but it is surely NOT at all.

The solution in many therapies involves going over the submerged information, but NOT to "erase it". The aim is to release pent up emotions, and to get the person to LOOK IT ALL OVER consciously, in whatever way aids in resolving the issue and bringing all thoughts, feelings and decisions into conscious awareness. In the end, many modern therapies hinge on coming to ACCEPT and FORGIVE all involved - mostly YOURSELF! Scientology's approach in all of this is largely useless. Why?

Because, the ideas and practices of acceptance and forgiveness (and LOVE) are non-existent in Scientology. Those very real PRACTICES never enter into any form of Scientology therapy.

The acts of acceptance and forgiveness come from the spirit or heart. The power to heal from past traumas resides in PRACTICING these - on self and others. With all Hubbard's endless anal-retentive yapping about the "nature of the spirit", he sure fucked up BIG TIME by leaving out these key basic factors of acceptance, forgiveness and love. Whether he did so knowingly is debatable.

Nobody can ever be glad that his daughter was raped or her brother died of a drug overdose, BUT one CAN come to accept and forgive. THOSE are the true powers involved in healing and growth. One doesn't ERASE incidents, as is pretended to be done in Scientology. In fact, as I learned from personal experience, this act of "erasing" with superficial "repetitive procedures" often BURIES the pain and trauma DEEPER into the subconscious, where it can quietly wait for years to rear its ugly face. Erasure is a DUMB idea. A much better idea is to bring all information to consciousness, by careful viewing and consideration, practice the acts of acceptance and forgiveness, assimilate the information that now takes on new feeling of far less meaning and significance, and MOVE ON.

Note: Moving on and forward means NOT "being stuck".

The concept of being stuck is real (has actual correlations to various mental and physical conditions) - Hubbard's way of defining and describing it, and of dealing with it, was pretentious, simplistic and juvenile. But some people are attracted to such nonsense . . . . :confused2:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  5. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

Two handy references to the idea of "stuck in an incident":

1) History of Man: Hubbard's 1950s book that lists the "incidents" that happened over the past 76 trillion years that you need to audit out (erase). In fact the original title to the book was "What To Audit".

2) The infamous video made by our good friend Axiom142 here on this site... (in first minute OT VIII George has much to say about the critic's "incident"). LOL

[video=youtube;6KMa60UsIWo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KMa60UsIWo[/video]

Here are some of the "incidents" that you should be concerned about. . .

And don't forget to sign up for auditing on the "GORILLA GOALS IMPLANTS". That'll come in handy on your CV when seeking an executive position at a major company. They'll put your resume on the top of the heap when they realize that you won't be dramatizing your incident that happened 319 quadrillion years ago. LOL.

Feeling masochistic? Here ya go. . .

Any other questions on how otherwise normal people who became Scientologists went insane? LOL

6. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Banned

It is psychological warfare disguised as "tech" to help people.
    Scientologists emulate a psychopathic personality - the type of ilk that holds no responsibility for their own actions, blaming everything upon others.
    Projecting their own situation upon others.
    You sometimes see it in drug addled teenagers...

$cientologists are the ones stuck in the incident...

A trance not of their own making contrived by a psychopath to use them like cattle.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  7. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

When a Scientologist tells you that you are "stuck in an electronic incident" - it means that they don't know what else to say - so they blurt out these Blubbardism's.

It is part of the justification of their overt acts - "being a Scientologist". The truth is that they are actually stuck in an incident - the "Scientology Incident"!!:omg:

It will contribute to a huge CRINGE when they get out and see the truth!!

Keep posting MissWog - it helps!! :yes:

8. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

Thank you MissWog for starting my day off with a big guffawing laugh.
    Those scientologosits are one funny bunch of comedians! Sadly they don't know how hilarious they are.

I attended an LGBT ComedyFest in Detroit last night and during her routine, the first comedian, Julie Goldman, made a joke about scientologists. It was obvious the crowd knew what she was talking about as they all laughed their asses off.

Scientology is the laughing stock of the world.

9. HelluvaHoax!

The entire concept of "INCIDENTS" (Xenu, Gorilla Goal Implants, et al) is one of my favorite examples of the Hubbard Law of Commotion.

Hubbard, while stating emphatically that an auditor "must never evaluate for the PC", wrote sacred scripture that simultaneously lists out a vast number of INCIDENTS that must be audited out on that PC. These are not minor things on "The Bridge to OT"--they comprise the essential core of Grade VI, the Clearing Course, OT II, OT III, OT IV, OT V, OT VI and OT VII.

And, how does the PC find out about these INCIDENTS?

ANSWER: Evaluation.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  10. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

:clap: :clap: :clap:

So very true. This "covert evaluation", which occurs at every step of Scientology indoctrination, forces every Scientology member into a cookie-cutter paradigm of "what is true for them". Hubbard's entire system of Scientology foists a HUGE detailed content of mental events onto each member. What is interesting, is that a person can imagine just about anything to be true (even when it is not). Hubbard KNEW that, and he used that fact to manipulate and trap the followers by getting them to AGREE with his convoluted mental/spiritual paradigm.

11. freethinker

freethinker Crusader

The description given here are accurate and you will find them in Scientology materials but I found that there are incidents in Scientology you can be "stuck in" that aren't listed in the materials.

One is the "getting off course incident".

This is where, as a public, you get off course and you are "greeted" by staff and "herded" into the reg office. You are seated in a chair away from the door, on the other side of a desk. At the door are [STRIKE]posted[/STRIKE] staff who attend the "interview". They are there to [STRIKE]keep you from leaving the room[/STRIKE] get anything you might need such as coffee or something so you don't have to get up and "interupt" the "interview". This is stuck in an incident.

Another one is where you are invited to attend a "briefing" to be informed on what is happening on the external fronts of Scientology, the ones you don't know about and are "protected" from by not reading newspapers or watching TV.

Here you are seated in a room.

I remember being "invited" to a CCHR (Citizens Commission on Human Rights) "briefing" where we were to be "briefed" on what was happening with the psychs and what CCHR was doing about it. I was assured that it wasn't a reg event. It was in a Hotel in a long narrow room with a conference table with chairs and one door.

I was seated at the end of the table as far away from the door as you could be. They didn't have to give the whole briefing before I realized it was a fund raiser. I got up out of the chair and headed for the door. I had to literally squeeze by all the others seated at the table. I was [STRIKE]cautioned [/STRIKE]told not to leave until the "briefing was finished. I just said this was a reg event and I was told it wasn't and I'm leaving. I didn't encounter as much resisitence on getting to the door as I expected but as soon as outside I was[STRIKE] accosted [/STRIKE]surrounded by staff. They [STRIKE]warned[/STRIKE] insisted that I should attened the rest of the "briefing". I just looked straight at them and said No, I'm leaving and did. I think someone, a public, wrote a KR but that was all. It was then that I found that I didn't have to be stuck in an incedent. :biggrin:

12. kate8024

kate8024 -deleted-

There is a telephone-based version of this too where they get like 4 or so staff on the phone with you at the same time and reg the hell out of you under some vague false pretense (like "I have some really awesome news to give you! Can you give me a call this afternoon?"). In theory you can just hang up, but that means being rather rude to everyone on the call which I imagine many people don't want to do so they end up caving in.

13. HelluvaHoax!

Scientology runs out every incident except Scientology.

People attempting to run out the Scientology incident are sent to ethics.

In ethics, they demand that you show them where Ron makes any mention of a Scientology incident. After you cannot do that, you only have to write up your crimes and then you can go back on your bridge to total freedom.

14. HelluvaHoax!

That's wonderful that you are so completely aware of the manipulation in the COS. Otherwise one might get duped into paying them money and doing extension courses.

Please keep us informed of any other tricks that Scientology is trying to pull on us. Much appreciated!

15. freethinker

freethinker Crusader

I am well familiar with the "stuck in phone incident".

Oddly enough, you will find more and more people dramatizing this incident today to the point where it could be called the "stuck in IPhone incident"

I've nearly hit a few people who are dramamtizing this incident while crossing streets.:yes:

16. one thing all these incidents have in common is they all lead to the stuck with an empty bank account incident

17. kate8024

kate8024 -deleted-

Well, emptying the bank is a stated goal of processing afterall. :yes:

18. MissWog

MissWog Silver Meritorious Patron

I don't know if this person is still a Scientologist.. If you look at the thread about #stafflife, you will see what they tweeted (and what pasted here and on WWP) was pretty damning to DM.. If they are still in they can't be very happy about it.

But they did see me copy and paste their tweets from Twitter to here and to WWP.. And they did nit like it. So I apologized and won't do it again... All their other tweets are in Arabic so I'm not trying to stalk them and translate or anything. They used the #stafflife hashtag, so anyone can see their tweets but I will stop bc they asked me too.. Although now it doesn't sound like they were asking very nicely :eyeroll:

19. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

Well, if that's all it takes...

:coolwink: :biggrin: :duh:

20. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum A Nexus of Excess In The Axis of Exes

Try what I used to do, talk for a few minutes and then ring your doorbell telling them "just a minute I have to see who's at the door". Then turn the TV up just loud enough to make it seem like you have company. 20 minutes later hang the phone up laughing yourself silly about how long they must have hung on the line waiting for you to come back. If they ever call you again apologize for how you got so busy with company that you forgot they were still on the line, then do it again... If they like wasting lots of time they'll keep calling back though. Rude yes, but it's giving them a taste of their own rudeness by gang reging you over the phone no less.