What's new

What happened to Mark Bunker's documentary?

He has been making this documentary for a couple years, called "Knowledge Report" but I haven't heard anything in several months. I don't see any updates on his website. Did he just sell all his footage to the documentaries coming out soon? Anyone know?

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
good question, also what's the distribution, is it going to be uploaded to youtube or is it something you have to purchase on a dvd or?

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I also question how effective Mark's documentary could be now because the principal individuals he's interviewed on camera (i.e., Mike Rinder, Marty Rathbun, Karen de la Carriere & other former Scilons) have all spoken out openly in other forums, TV shows & documentaries, The info provided in Mark's documentary might prove to be percived by many as "old information".

White waiting for Mark to complete his documentary, Karen de la Carriere continues to speak out through her excellent videos, Mike Rinder has been posting alot of great information on his blog & Marty has revealed some zingers, too.

Every documentarian wants to make sure that his/her reference material is fresh & revelatory of things not heard of before, which would elicit even more interest in their documentary. What would be presented in 'Knowledge Report' that hasn't already been covered in other forums?

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I also question how effective Mark's documentary could be now because the principal individuals he's interviewed on camera (i.e., Mike Rinder, Marty Rathbun, Karen de la Carriere & other former Scilons) have all spoken out openly in other forums, TV shows & documentaries, The info provided in Mark's documentary might prove to be percived by many as "old information".

White waiting for Mark to complete his documentary, Karen de la Carriere continues to speak out through her excellent videos, Mike Rinder has been posting alot of great information on his blog & Marty has revealed some zingers, too.

Every documentarian wants to make sure that his/her reference material is fresh & revelatory of things not heard of before, which would elicit even more interest in their documentary. What would be presented in 'Knowledge Report' that hasn't already been covered in other forums?

Yeah, you may well be right, but that cult is so multi-faceted, that he may still have some new and interesting stuff in stock. I'll just wait and see. :yes:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

True, but. . .

It's all in the story telling and the creative genius of the storyteller.

* As in, how many movies have been made about World War II, many of which bombed and, yet, a good number of others which were box-office and/or critical sensations.

* As in, give 120 blank pieces of paper to George Lucas and you get "Star Wars"; give 120 pieces of blank paper to L. Ron Hubbard and you get (screech, groan, cringe!) "Battlefield Earth".

* As in , give a bunch of clay to Michelangelo and you get the masterpiece Statue of David; give a bunch of clay to a Scientologist and you get a clay demo of: "How to Flow Power to Power by Standing and Applauding the Wall Photo of a Dead Con Man in a Sailor Costume".​

Anyways, back on Teegeack. . .

Based on the snips that I have seen previously, Mark's documentary "Knowledge Report" has the real promise of being compelling entertainment. Hope he can get it into the market in a way that capitalizes on the momentum of "Going Clear".

Last edited:

anon007

Patron
He has been making this documentary for a couple years, called "Knowledge Report" but I haven't heard anything in several months. I don't see any updates on his website. Did he just sell all his footage to the documentaries coming out soon? Anyone know?

Remember this thread from a year ago, Bunker announces the impending release of the film

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...unces-release-of-Scientology-Knowledge-Report

I made a contribution 3 1/2 years ago via Indiegogo. On that page (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/knowledge-report-a-documentary-on-scientology) he now says "There's a lot of post-production work that needs to be done before the film is ready in 2015..." So why did he make it sound, a year ago, that the film was to be released imminently?

With an increased interest in exposing Scientology these days, and people less afraid of Scientology these days, you'd think he could raise some $$ other than a fundraising site in drips and drabs. It's unbelievable to me he is still soliciting money via this method, all these years later.

I'm starting to think that he doesn't even want to complete the film, because it has become his life, he doesn't want it to be over.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
Remember this thread from a year ago, Bunker announces the impending release of the film

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...unces-release-of-Scientology-Knowledge-Report

I made a contribution 3 1/2 years ago via Indiegogo. On that page (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/knowledge-report-a-documentary-on-scientology) he now says "There's a lot of post-production work that needs to be done before the film is ready in 2015..." So why did he make it sound, a year ago, that the film was to be released imminently?

With an increased interest in exposing Scientology these days, and people less afraid of Scientology these days, you'd think he could raise some $$ other than a fundraising site in drips and drabs. It's unbelievable to me he is still soliciting money via this method, all these years later.

I'm starting to think that he doesn't even want to complete the film, because it has become his life, he doesn't want it to be over.

What's so sad is that Mark Bunker was one of the few journalists a few years ago who had the courage to make a documentary about scientology when it was deeply unpopular. Now that it's fairly main stream, perhaps he is finding it difficult to find a platform to launch his documentary as it has been superseded by other films?

Sindy

Crusader
True, but. . .

It's all in the story telling and the creative genius of the storyteller.

* As in, how many movies have been made about World War II, many of which bombed and, yet, a good number of others which were box-office and/or critical sensations.

* As in, give 120 blank pieces of paper to George Lucas and you get "Star Wars"; give 120 pieces of blank paper to L. Ron Hubbard and you get (screech, groan, cringe!) "Battlefield Earth".

* As in , give a bunch of clay to Michelangelo and you get the masterpiece Statue of David; give a bunch of clay to a Scientologist and you get a clay demo of: "How to Flow Power to Power by Standing and Applauding the Wall Photo of a Dead Con Man in a Sailor Costume".​

Anyways, back on Teegeack. . .

Based on the snips that I have seen previously, Mark's documentary "Knowledge Report" has the real promise of being compelling entertainment. Hope he can get it into the market in a way that capitalizes on the momentum of "Going Clear".

The people who have watched all there is to watch about Scientology and who have read all there is to read are not even a blip on the world radar. Interest in Scientology is still on the left side of the bell curve. For many, his could be the very first thing they see. There's no reason to throw in the towel, at all.

Still, I do think it's weird that it's not out yet -- I have to say. It would be nice if he came here and gave a little update. I've never actually spoken with him and have no line to him at all and probably won't throw one out there either.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I've seen many people losing patience with Mark's project over the years. I find that understandable, but I'd like to ask these people to compare Marks project, which is basically a one-man-project with a few volunteer helpers, with e.g. HBO's "Going clear".

Mark just doesn't have the same amount of man-power, work-hours, money, media-connections and whatnot to throw on a project as HBO has, but he still wants to come up with a good, well-researched and well-produced final end-product.

Of course that takes quite a bit longer to achieve that and IIRC, Mark now has a wife and a family he wants to spend some time with, so it'll take him even longer to finish his project, but who wants to blame him?

Nowadays, there's no shortage of new, Scientology-related media-projects one can focus on, so why not just do that and let Mark finish his work in peace and wait until he says "OK, it's done now and here it is."?

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Smurf,

Just as a point of information, it was Mark Bunker's 3 minute interview with Paulette Cooper (made as a teaser for Knowledge Report) that finally convinced me to contact Paulette, and through her, Tony Ortega.

I've told this to Mark privately but I'm not sure if I've ever said it publicly.

Tory often makes the point that the act of speaking out is so important, because none of us can know who we may reach, or how far the truth may travel.
Scientology relies on secrecy, spies, and lies in order to exist. Right now it is decaying.
In Scientologueese it's called the "procreate before death" phase.

And I say, "If it's time has come to die, let it die."

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I've seen many people losing patience with Mark's project over the years. I find that understandable, but I'd like to ask these people to compare Marks project, which is basically a one-man-project with a few volunteer helpers, with e.g. HBO's "Going clear".

Mark just doesn't have the same amount of man-power, work-hours, money, media-connections and whatnot to throw on a project as HBO has, but he still wants to come up with a good, well-researched and well-produced final end-product.

Of course that takes quite a bit longer to achieve that and IIRC, Mark now has a wife and a family he wants to spend some time with, so it'll take him even longer to finish his project, but who wants to blame him?

To my knowledge, Mark is not married & he does not have a "family" with him in Clearwater. He was once engaged to Heather Bennett, but I believe they broke up. She now lives in the Washington, DC area.

https://www.facebook.com/heather.bennett.73594479

It's my understanding that Mark is working a fulltime job now in Clearwater, so he has to work on completing his movie project when he has time, but I trust Mark to eventually release his movie. His fundraising campaign ended last month. :)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/knowledge-report-a-documentary-on-scientology--2#/story

Jump

Operating teatime
To my knowledge, Mark is not married & he does not have a "family" with him in Clearwater. He was once engaged to Heather Bennett, but I believe they broke up. She now lives in the Washington, DC area.

https://www.facebook.com/heather.bennett.73594479

It's my understanding that Mark is working a fulltime job now in Clearwater, so he has to work on completing his movie project when he has time, but I trust Mark to eventually release his movie. His fundraising campaign ended last month. :)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/knowledge-report-a-documentary-on-scientology--2#/story

In the video, Mark says the 'Knowledge Report' movie is scheduled to be out by the end of the year. He says it will report on Lisa McPherson, Operation Normandy, Operation Freakout, how the mind control works... he even includes a clip of Mary DeMoss asking "What are your crimes Mark?"

GO MARK :thumbsup: