What happens to your body when you don't get enough sleep

Discussion in 'Leaving Scientology' started by tesseract, Apr 8, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. tesseract

tesseract Patron with Horrors

What happens to your body when you don't get enough sleep

Considering the conditions of Scientology staff, particularly Sea Org, this might be a juicy theme for a thread. And food for thought for some lurkers, Scientologist or not. :yes:
    Found the article as recommended reading ad below another Scientology related article someone recently posted.
    I've attached the infographic too in case the article is taken down and so that not every IP from here gets collected. If you'd like to save the picture, please use the above link because their version is less compressed and easier to read.

Attached Files:

2. stephaniea44

stephaniea44 New Member

3. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

More on the health effects of sleep deprivation

Web MD

More detailed article from National Institutes of Health

And then there's the degree to which staff and Sea Org members are subjected to chronic, long-term stress

Chronic stress and cancer risk

Impact of stress on cancer metastasis

Also, keep in mind that chronic stress combined with chronic sleep deprivation can have a combined impact greater than either might have alone.

People on Solo NOTs are also subjected to long-term stress, from the constant regging, and worries about how to get together the money for the next six-month-checkup
  4. Tanchi

Tanchi Patron with Honors

This is bumpworthy info, imo. Ty
  5. Tanchi

Tanchi Patron with Honors

I was never in COS, but I worked deep night shift for 15 years. Weekends, then flipped my sleep by Tue to pick up extra 1st and 2nd shifts at other places during the week. So..I had no routine sleep, meals, etc. I accomplished my financial goals, but now have health problems as a result of sleep deprivation. One is fibromyalgia. My doctor told me there are new studies that link nightworkers and fibro.