What I hated in scientology !

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Gib, Oct 6, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. JackStraw

JackStraw Silver Meritorious Patron

Remember "Number of times over the material equals Certainty"?

I had a friend, an old-school OTVII, pre GAT, pre NOTs, you know, back before they changed the water, he liked to tell us "Remember, number of times over equals Circuitry!" :biggrin:

I loved that!

But wait. OMFX! I just realized Ronnie's big Miracle: He changed water into Kool-aide!:dieslaughing:

Jack

2. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

I hated this video...the drama $cientology $old with this $hit

"Religious Freedom":whistling:

Nothing religious or free about Scientology!:yes:

https://youtu.be/HRj_RaBhdTA

3. JackStraw

4. JackStraw

5. phenomanon

phenomanon Front door security.

:omg: OMG! This reminds me of how I would justify not being paid by the Orgs as exchange with L Ron Hubbard. O yeah. I owed him so much for the Clusterfuck.

6. Gib

Gib Crusader

7. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

8. Gib

Gib Crusader

yah, I understand. The story relates to the so called "exchange in abundance" by Hubbard in his organization/cult/church or AKA COS. :thumbsup:

I do not mean a discussion of the story here on this tread, just how it relates, or associative logic, as opposed to Hubbards reactive mind logic. LOL

9. Gib

Gib Crusader

I never got a floating T/A in session.

I had read all the promo pieces from Flag bragging telling of "success stories" about how pc's got floating T/A's from doing the Prosperity Rundown, later changed to Havingness Rundown. These special rundowns were part of a 3 available at the time, in 2006 or so. The other two had to do with "be" and "do", I forget their names now. They were like mini L's.

I had finally saved enough money to do the Havingness Rundown, well not really saved, just had enough credit available on my credit cards. So I went for it. The prosperity/Havingness rundown, after reading all the Flag monthly promo pieces on it, and the big push at the time, why it put this in my eyes, so I thought I could then do and go up the bridge for real:

[​IMG]

Cost me $10,000 and I ended up more in debt for nothing.

10. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

They tell you that the best investment you can make is in yourself.

Therefore there is no point in holding onto money - you need to invest it in yourself and that means pay for scientology auditing or training.

What a scam.

11. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

A lot of folks, like yourself, did not read the fine print. In that respect, I've got good news and bad news for you.

The bad news is that you received that amazing rundown at a time before the transcriptionist errors were corrected, and thus--even the name of the Havingness Rundown was altered!

In spite of that, the good news is that you did in fact get the full End Phenomena and Ability Attained for the Havingless Rundown.

12. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

Note to self: Write a semi-satirical post titled "The Aims of ESMB" that begins with something like,

"A civilization without Scientology's insanity, criminality, and where Dr. Hubbard's diseased

pseudo scientific notions are derided and mocked, and where honest people can freely exercise their

right to mercilessly ridicule and denigrate the noxious pseudo religion that was first foisted on an unsuspecting

world in May of 1950, are the aims of ESMB."

(But first...eat lots of turkey with loved ones, discuss and argue about the state of the world,

and finally, give thanks that you were one of the fortunate ones who escaped Scientology with

your life, your family's love and your sanity intact.)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  13. Nowild

Nowild New Member

what I hated the most was the money, I mean the fees they had, they were nearly impossible to keep up with my family budget..

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  14. Gib

Gib Crusader

welcome to ESMB Nowild. :thumbsup:

15. Hypatia

Hypatia Pagan

If you ever write a novel, I want to read it.

16. Gib

Gib Crusader

me too

17. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

I think what I came to hate about scn was the lies - the lies, the lies, the lies.

Other than the lies it was OK.

Wait a minute. It was all lies.

Guess I need that life lesson - damn sure paid for it, too !

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  18. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

I hated clearing every tiny little word -- to F/N, yet!

For me it wasn't so bad. I actually used to read dictionaries for FUN when I was a child. I could already define "a," "the," "and," and most other little words off the top of my head when I GOT INTO scn. But I really pitied the poor pc's who plunked down $1500 for Life Repair (in the '70's) and then spent their first two or three sessions doing nothing but w/c'ing.

Obviously specialized terms need to be cleared. But someone who understands "ARC Break" is certainly capable of understanding "Do you have an ARC Break?" without clearing the other words in the question, assuming they speak English.

I think this is another case of "there are no clears or OT's, so something earlier has got to be out." Since the tech isn't working, let's look for something that needs to be fixed. Ah! It's because we haven't been clearing every little word to F/N! The pc's haven't really been understanding the commands. That's it! Once we start insisting that people clear "a" and "the" and "and," then we'll start seeing some real clears and OT's.

Well, as we now know, that wasn't the case. Hmm, maybe if we stop checking interest on drug items and make DRD's several hundred hours long ...

To my amazement, I recently came across an HCOB (which I'm not going to look for now) where Hubbard says if the pc hasn't already had one, you can do a C/S 1 on a pc before an Int R/D because "a C/S 1 isn't auditing"!* Holy cow! Then how come the pc's got charged auditing rates for it?

*For those who don't know: It is a cardinal rule that if int (interiorization) is out, it must be fixed before any other auditing can be done.

19. renegade

renegade Silver Meritorious Patron

Oh no! I hope dm does not see this post and order everyone to do Method 1 and re-do all their auditing and training.

20. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

I've seen "camaraderie" mentioned as something people liked in scientology but it seems to me this must be a staff/Sea Org thing. I was a member of public and I didn't notice any camaraderie.

When I was in an org I always felt as though I was a target for every staff member who needed to get their stats up. I tried to get in and out of the org as quickly as possible but more often than not someone would say: "Can I see you after course?".

Being able to refuse a staff member's request without being routed to Ethics was an art form and I got quite good at it but it still left me feeling glad to get away from the org.

I remember reading an HCOPL called The City Office, The City Org or something like that and Hubbard was saying an org in the middle of a city should be a kind of oasis where you could get away from the madness of the city and sit and relax. I remember thinking WTF? My org was in the middle of a city and I used to be glad to go out into the city and get away from the madness of the org!