What if it wasn't dub in?

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Mimsey Borogrove, Feb 7, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Inasmuch as I believe in past lives, once in a blue moon I wonder what sort of lives my parents have now.

I just don't know how accessible the memories of past lives are. In all of the past lives I ran in session or recalled out of session, perhaps I can count on one hand the ones that have the ring of truth. The rest was wishful thinking or dub in.

In a way it is like Hubbard's theory on charge as discussed in the Time Track HCOBs. It comes to life when you put your attention on it. When I look at past posts I have written here, many times I have no recall whatsoever of having written them, and less of the circumstances surrounding them. If I tease at them, I can I can figure out my frame of mind, or recall posting them. I think past lives are a lot like that. They cease being created, and it takes a pretty specific trigger to resurrect them.

I guess it is like your past lives are kept in a vast unlit room, and it is pitch black inside this room except for a small lighted area which are your current memories. When you look further into your past, all you have is a small flashlight, and see a miniscule portion of what is there. Occasionally you hit on something real, the rest is conjecture.

For those that aren't familiar with Hubbard's Time Track HCOBs which were on the old Dianetic courses such as the HDA and the HSDC, he discusses the permanently charged portions of the bank (GPMs) and the ones that charge up when you look at them - locks - which sit on earlier charged incidents - secondaries and engrams. If you believe in locks, secondaries, engrams and GPMs having sway over a person's actions as Hubbard puts it, it make sense. Otherwise, not so much. There is a really interesting description of the auditor's role in controlling the time track, much as a projectionist running a film forwards and backwards, because it really sounds more like a description of a hypnotist at work than anything else.

I have a friend who thought ( and may still do so) that his son was someone he knew that was on OT3 but passed away. So, you aren't the only one. Who knows?

Mimsey

2. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

Ah, if something somewhere would PROVE that some part of scientology was TRUE.

How come when the old boy went storming off to find the great treasures he's buried in past lives only resulted in hisself being royally pissed off & empty handed !

3. PeterPier

PeterPier Patron

EVERY significant positive claim about scamology has LONG ago been falsified. All that's left is is shambling corpse.

4. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

Well, one could consider we are elsewhere & all this experience we are having is what really is just our dreaming ?

So what if it ain't dub in but is our dream & we aren't even really here - nor have we ever been.

What a funny thread.

5. Hypatia

Hypatia Pagan

I like the theory of this being a hologram.

6. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

I'm considering the idea that we are elsewhere & " this lifetime experience " is a dream.

The old " There is only here & now " which I see as real, but, then if this is a dream then there is no here & now . . . is there ?

However, on a spiritual level, there is existence. On a spiritual level there can be no non- existence for a spirit.

So many lies that were presented as truth that I now have to sort through - I be peeling my onion.

If only all layers of what onion didn't look or smell the way they do as I look at them from outside the cult.

It ain't a cracker jack box with a prize - what I get out of this is me. Well, some version of me . . . . in my dream :roflmao:

I DO like the idea of a hologram. Now I wonder why I let this body get old & wrinkled, uh,& gain so much weight !

7. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Goldenrod SP

What if the real "you" is a spiritual being (thetan) that has split-off parts of itself to inhabit various meat bodies?

The real "you" (higher self) would exist outside of matter, energy, space and time and could therefore have parts of itself controlling bodies in several different time periods simultaneously.

Therefore, even though we think of time as linear, our higher self could be viewing all of its human lives as though they were happening right now.

This is just a theory so please don't ask for documentary evidence.:hide:

8. Teanntás

Teanntás Patron Meritorious

Step one in finding out who you are - stop hiding under that chair.

9. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

For those interested . . .

This link is also informative: http://www.victorzammit.com/April28th2017/
    /

10. tesseract

tesseract Patron with Horrors

Time is a dimension. Let's not forget that. :coolwink:
    Once one gets that (in the sense of how physicists get it, not in some arbitrary esoteric sense) some things become clearer... less complicated. :)

11. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

Re: What if it was done by ET's?

There floats out there that there is not a really not a universal consciousness but it is really ET's sending us thoughts.

That sheds a different light on Socrates, Einstein, Steve Jobs as being able to meditate to a higher state !

So many workable things out there & dear old scientology has nothing workable . . . well, it has delusion !

12. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

Other dimensions are very real to me; however, the current concept of time just doesn't work for me. If, as I believe, there is only here & now. That puts "time' in the realm of one of those beat-to-death-words " arbitrary ".

13. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Well now, here is an interesting one . . . let's see how the unbelievers can construe this as "untrue" or merely "anecdotal" :melodramatic:

/

14. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

This gem came to me in an email this earlier in the week from a very good long time friend of mine who happens to be one of the very best practicing scientists I know of.

Also note, the links to Rupert Sheldrake are really worth going to for those interested in true science and good science.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  15. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Yup, that's me alright! I've never thought of myself as a 'fascist oppressor' though, but if the cap fits I guess I'd better wear it. :biggrin:

16. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

. . .
    RogerB, thanks a bunch for your previous two posts. Really! Very intriguing stuff. :yes:

17. Mimsey Borogrove

I tried to make some that post here aware of his research, but made little headway. Some prefer the debunkers bile to taking the time to investigate him for themselves. It's the old adage - you can take a horse to the river, but you can't make him drink.

The issues with non-conforming theories being ignored as not being mainstream will only end up costing all of us. As an example, for years it is being hammered throughout the press that the planet is warming, man is causing climate change, yet that is not what the actual statistics support. Rather the opposite is the case - the planet is cooling. We are sliding into a solar minimum which was predicted years ago, but receives little traction in the news, despite the dire consequences to us all. The last big one, the maunder minimum, millions starved or froze to death. It was a period of great unrest and it was followed by another lesser one, the Dalton minimum.

The science is there to support it, the declining # of solar sunspots, CME's, solar radiation, etc. and their relationship to the planetary weather, the change in the energy output of the sun resulting in the weakening of the earth's magnetic field, which allows more cosmic radiation to enter the atmosphere, the resultant increase of cloud cover and it's albedo effects, the jet streams moving further south, bringing the cold polar air further south, resulting in the recent wheat crop failure and cattle die off. Watch your food prices spike on that one.

But, no, it's climate change driven by humans, it's the CO2 we generate, it's global warming, despite statistics showing the opposite. Well, as time passes, we shall see who's right and who's wrong. Hope you bet on the thirsty horse.

Mimsey

PS. It is currently snowing in the local Los Angeles mountains. It is May. WTF?

Much more at the link
    https://www.eh-resources.org/little-ice-age/

[video=youtube;ZTJCY6M-3fY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTJCY6M-3fY[/video]

[video=youtube;5c4XPVPJwBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c4XPVPJwBY[/video]

[video=youtube;52Mx0_8YEtg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Mx0_8YEtg[/video]

18. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Thanks, Ilove . . . I do try to keep good company! :biggrin:

R

/

19. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Ya, Mimse . . . good post valid on all points.

Both ProfKeith and Sheldrake lay it out so elegantly . . . I just redid Sheldrake's TEDx video . . . he is so bloody brilliant, lucid and articulate

And when one compares his articulation of the facts of his and other good science to the one-line-debunker-deniers . . . how can the one-liner artists have any credibility??

And as you note, we see too much of the inarticulate one-liner-debunkers here! Rational discourse is not their forte :no: . . .

I was for 20+ years a member of the Am. Association for the Advancement of Science . . . one thing I learned there was the extent of the practice of deceitful deliberate destructive debunking of valid materials that exposed the errors of the incompetent and/or the deceit of deceivers in the science community.

Actually, on Sheldrake's site there is a link to a video discussion between Sheldrake and Bruce Lipton . . . two of my favorite guys. It is really worth the watching.

And by the way . . . your schtick on the coming ice age has some real basis in science. I was made aware of it 30+ years ago . . . this before the man made global warming thing got traction.

Indeed there is a video out on the internet of that title . . . I forget the name of the guy who crunched the numbers to demonstrate the validity of the prediction . . . in fact, he shows that part of the creating of the ice age is indeed a preceding increase in atmospheric CO2!!

R

PS: Mimse, as I continue catching up on my morning reading, I see a monster frost has decimated the European wine growing areas this week . . . umm, even jolly England which sits in the Gulf Stream, its grape vines killed off for this year.

20. Mimsey Borogrove

The Great Global warming Swindle video shows how it corrupts a lot of science - You may want to study magic mushrooms but can't get funding, however, if your grant request paper includes how the magic mushroom research could show them causing global warming, you have a much better chance getting funding. It's a corrupting influence because it has been politicized.

Mimsey