What's new

What if.....?

Spirit

just another son of God
What if you were isolated from anyone with a desire for spiritual development with no one to pair up with for auditing or no one to share your wins or difficulties? Would you squirrel or self audit? If so, which practices would you consider safe? I ask because this is my dilemma. Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Spirit

just another son of God
No zoners in my area that I am aware of. Some use skype auditing, but I don't have the $$$.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
What if you were isolated from anyone with a desire for spiritual development with no one to pair up with for auditing or no one to share your wins or difficulties? Would you squirrel or self audit? If so, which practices would you consider safe? I ask because this is my dilemma. Thank you for any advice you can offer.

You don't need another person for that ... take yourself out into fresh air and walk and wander, do it daily if possible for an hour or so even when you don't want to go ... look around and let yourself relax, after a while you may find you don't need/want any tek or practices.

:yes:

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
You don't need another person for that ... take yourself out into fresh air and walk and wander, do it daily if possible for an hour or so even when you don't want to go ... look around and let yourself relax, after a while you may find you don't need/want any tek or practices.

:yes:
four grams of mushrooms in the forest alone:yes: god lives at in the woods:wow:

TG1

Angelic Poster
My dear,

I would read some wonderful books -- "great books" -- you probably haven't found or made time to read thus far. Books on:

Philosophy
Psychology
History books
The great novels of our time
Fun novels of our time

There's much to be learned from our culture's past. Saves us from learning and relearning the same things over and over.

Read critically. Read competing viewpoints. Educate yourself -- because none of us can ever over-educate ourselves.

Good luck

TG1

Spirit

just another son of God
Thanks TG1. I have read a bit of philosophy and psychology, but fiction is not my cup of tea.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

I would meditate, and after gaining control of the fact of listening to your thoughts, I would find silence.

Having found that silence, I would keep meditating, while listening...

And I would (And this is what all the meditative gnostic techniques say) be ready for lessons from higher spirit.

This is what I experienced, and after this, even when physically alone you are never alone, unless you desire to be.

Spirit

just another son of God
I would meditate, and after gaining control of the fact of listening to your thoughts, I would find silence.

Having found that silence, I would keep meditating, while listening...

And I would (And this is what all the meditative gnostic techniques say) be ready for lessons from higher spirit.

This is what I experienced, and after this, even when physically alone you are never alone, unless you desire to be.

Thank you. That is good advice to follow. I have had some gains from looking within, but it has been a long time. Too long.

Spirit

just another son of God
abuleuth (spelling) started a thread just a few days ago about how well her self auditing was going.
I'll try to find that one. There was another thread like on self auditing or if not on self auditing the thread drifted in that direction.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
My dear,

I would read some wonderful books -- "great books" -- you probably haven't found or made time to read thus far. Books on:

Philosophy
Psychology
History books
The great novels of our time
Fun novels of our time

There's much to be learned from our culture's past. Saves us from learning and relearning the same things over and over.

Read critically. Read competing viewpoints. Educate yourself -- because none of us can ever over-educate ourselves.

Good luck

TG1
and direct expirence ... just not enough said about that. scarey, eh?:omg:

Soul of Ginnungagab

Patron with Honors
I would like to add to the advices you have got so far:

Regarding the question "Would you squirrel or self audit? If so, which practices would you consider safe?"

Practices that have a polytheistic approach I would call safe. Now, concerning the usage of the term "polytheistic": That term can be understood as a metaphor. A polytheist believes that there are many gods. Therefore it would be natural or self evident for him or her that other people have other gods and that is of course OK. Thus he won't be stuck in the idea that his own religion is "the only truth" or "the only right way" since such an idea would be a lie compared with life as he sees it. So if he offers spiritual techniques it will be for the sake of helping you on your own spiritual path and not for the sake of having you follow a path that he thinks is the only right path for everybody else.

The poetic work "Tao Te Ching" or "Dao De Jing" by Lao-tzu is a great work that I would recommend. The original language is Chinese, it exists in many different translations because the poetic nature of the work calls for different ways of expressing the essense of the work.

One more recommendation: Spend some time on art. By art I means any kind of art, paintings, music, poetry, theater, movies, sculptures and anything else you can think of.

Last edited:
Thanks TG1. I have read a bit of philosophy and psychology, but fiction is not my cup of tea.

So....you are going to do [STRIKE]scien[/STRIKE] religiontology..........

The [STRIKE]philoso[/STRIKE] religiontology of "Knowing how to know".

Makes sense, to me, but then I was in a science fiction cult.

Spirit

just another son of God
I would like to add to the advices you have got so far:

Regarding the question "Would you squirrel or self audit? If so, which practices would you consider safe?"

Practices that have a polytheistic approach I would call safe. Now, concerning the usage of the term "polytheistic": That term can be understood as a metaphor. A polytheist believes that there are many gods. Therefore it would be natural or self evident for him or her that other people have other gods and that is of course OK. Thus he won't be stuck in the idea that his own religion is "the only truth" or "the only right way" since such an idea would be a lie compared with life as he sees it. So if he offers spiritual techniques it will be for the sake of helping you on your own spiritual path and not for the sake of having you follow a path that he thinks is the only right path for everybody else.
Just had a blowout cognition yesterday. I had read a testimony of a guy that had just completed Grade 1. He mentioned he was able to overcome the impulse to block other viewpoints and how pleased his family and friends were that he had overcome this. I had a realization of how I was blocking other viewpoints and how others had blocked mine. I was pondering this while driving, when my attention shifted to religious viewpoints.

It suddenly occurred to me that we all have paths to God. There is more than one path to Infinity. My way may not be the same as yours and yours may not work for me. One may be winding and the other straight as a arrow. You travel your path and I will travel mine. We will both get there, eventually.
Suddenly, as I was approaching a traffic light, I realized had had no clue where I was going or who I was. Then I noticed my body gliding the car into the proper lane. Finally, when I returned fully, I was properly enroute to my destination.
Now I am much more aware of how I handle viewpoints and I don't feel quite the same about the viewpoints of others.
Also, thanks for the recommendation for the works of Lao-tzu

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Truly,

I would let my mind be quiet
in a meditative state
and ask

''what this ''isolation'' from $cientology practice would mean????

May be life is making an opportunity for you to learn by yourself to be with yourself - without any false illusion

As evident on this board, many of us have experience this situation and later on , realized it was a great opportunity to go back on a true path of being our true nature.

I would say if you are in need of some guidance - find a good meditation class (real zen or buddhist) - don't attach yourself to anyone who has the Truth to free human beings - only learn how to sit and let you mind know yourself - the true nature of the being you are..it's a wonderfull journey

Then, as Arnie said - you will find that you are never alone as you are your best friend.
There is no science who teach knowingness - knowingness is always there within us - in the silence - deep inside

If you want another ''illusion'' that you will get your freedom
than you can choose any beleif , religion or cult
including scamology in the freezone
they all possess the truth and the way to freedom.

Listen within you
be your own guide :wink2: