What's new

What is Agendaless Processing?

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
What is Agendaless Processing?

Agendaless Processing means you only process the client on their wants, their interests, their goals

The processor has no other agenda than to help the client get their wants, achieve their goals and follow the client’s interest lines.

There have been several periods when there was Agendaless Processing – the most notable was around 1959 to 1963.

Though the earliest history goes to around 1951:

This is an excerpt from Advanced Procedures and Axioms. Published in 1951.

THE ACTS:

The auditor and preclear are a group.

To function well a group must be cleared.

The clearing of a group is not difficult. It requires but little time.

The relationship of the auditor and preclear is not parity.

The auditor lends himself to the group as the control center of the group until the preclear’s sub-control center is established under his own control center’s command. The role of the auditor ceases at that moment.

The auditor necessarily owns the preclear.

He owns the preclear on a lessening basis until the preclear owns himself.

If the auditor wishes to successfully own, to the end of NOT owning the preclear, he must not use the preclear to the service of the auditor for this establishes and confirms the ownership and inhibits the preclear from owning himself. LRH.

It should be noted the power of the early Mission Holders came from providing Agendaless Processing – the most notable procedure being a full Life Repair.

Prior to the introduction of the Grade Chart – all processing was done this style…..even the highest level Goals Problems Mass Technology was done this way.

Alan

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Sounds cool. Really does.

Do you think that some of the bridge is just running LRH's case? I'm not trying to put you on the spot or anything...I like your post...just wondering what you thought.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sounds cool. Really does.

Do you think that some of the bridge is just running LRH's case? I'm not trying to put you on the spot or anything...I like your post...just wondering what you thought.

Very definitely..........as well as DM and most stat pushers :grouch:

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I agree too, and the worst of it is that far from freeing people up all it does is interiorise them more and more into the paranoid Scn world view.

True.....what gets violated are the steps of:

Then you get reges or recruiters doing their evaluations and taking ownership of you in the guise of helping you get your goals and the next step comes into play!:angry: :angry:

If the auditor wishes to successfully own, to the end of NOT owning the preclear, he must not use the preclear to the service of the auditor for this establishes and confirms the ownership and inhibits the preclear from owning himself. LRH.

Bad, evil stuff........for you then lose your ownership of yourself, your mind, your body and your environment.....welcome to the cult!:omg:

Alan

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
True.....what gets violated are the steps of:

Then you get reges or recruiters doing their evaluations and taking ownership of you in the guise of helping you get your goals and the next step comes into play!:angry: :angry:

Bad, evil stuff........for you then lose your ownership of yourself, your mind, your body and your environment.....welcome to the cult!:omg:

Alan

This really seems where auditing went to the last time I had auditing in the CofS. It truly seemed that I was doing the auditing for the auditor and not for my own gains.

I'm probably not explaining this concept to well. It was a flash cognition I had reading your posts, Alan. Thankfully, it quickly as-is'd, since I think I could get very pissed off and upset about this.

Terril park

Sponsor
Doesn't the Freezone follow the Grade Chart, and therefore violate the concept of Agendaless Processing?

Yes...no..

The grade chart deals with fundamental areas of life. That
agendaless? And prior to that one should have life repair, what one wants handled. A lost tech in COS best I know.

After life repair anyone know something better than grades?

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Yes...no..

The grade chart deals with fundamental areas of life. That
agendaless? And prior to that one should have life repair, what one wants handled. A lost tech in COS best I know.

After life repair anyone know something better than grades?

Yes, life. After life repair would be life. Because its now repaired. :p

The Co$ does do life repair. Correction - they call it life repair. But its not agendaless. Its purpose is to get people onto the Bridge, not necessarily repair them.

As for whether the Grade Chart is agendaless - well it deals with grades, classifications, levels, etc. You are being packaged to fit into a box labeled 'Scientologist'. Anyone can see an agenda there.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Neo,

I guess the question I'd like to askis-- if one has a situation where the pc does not have the control- which is how Scn auditing is- BUT you don't have the cultic superstructure of CofS, with staff trampling over people...is it agendaless?

Because the above scenario is exactly what you have in the Freezone in most cases, though the FZ does have its share of heretics.

Good twin

Floater
my two cents

This brings up something that now is disturbing, but at the time impressed me as a positive aspect of auditing in the church.

I always felt my wins and gains were mine. They felt unique to me, based on my experience and my reactions to my experience. This was true for me for quite some time. I remember when I got my first Clay table processing I was putting my life in Clay my experiences in Clay my deepest thoughts and fears and needs and desires in Clay. It was amazing. The auditing was completely muzzled and it was effective because of that. Every time I would voice a realization the Supervisor was called over to read what I said and either we would continue the same section or move on to another. But I KNEW that my cognitions were my own and no one could have the same cogs as me because my experience was uniquely mine.

Later, when I was asked to audit another on Clay Table Processing I was shown the EPs of each section. I was shocked that the EPs were EXACT and worded just as I had voiced them.

There may have been a slight split second of horror before I melted into awe of how amazingly wonderful it all is that Scientology is so powerful as to get the same EP the same result the exact same realization on every PC.

Now it seems shocking.:omg:

beyond_horizons

Patron Meritorious
You are being packaged to fit into a box labeled 'Scientologist'. Anyone can see an agenda there.
Not only that but once you label yourself, especially for some sort of status, you will attract those who act within the span of boundaries of similar labels.

For the purposes of this board, 'visitor' serves my purposes and allows me to probe various mindsets!

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Well, there are universal truths. I've seen lots of people (who weren't Scn'ists in any way, shape or form) voice similar realizations to those of others. "I'm carrying around too much anger with me." "I found XYZ most liberating because..." etc.

Div6

Crusader
This brings up something that now is disturbing, but at the time impressed me as a positive aspect of auditing in the church.

I always felt my wins and gains were mine. They felt unique to me, based on my experience and my reactions to my experience. This was true for me for quite some time. I remember when I got my first Clay table processing I was putting my life in Clay my experiences in Clay my deepest thoughts and fears and needs and desires in Clay. It was amazing. The auditing was completely muzzled and it was effective because of that. Every time I would voice a realization the Supervisor was called over to read what I said and either we would continue the same section or move on to another. But I KNEW that my cognitions were my own and no one could have the same cogs as me because my experience was uniquely mine.

Later, when I was asked to audit another on Clay Table Processing I was shown the EPs of each section. I was shocked that the EPs were EXACT and worded just as I had voiced them.

There may have been a slight split second of horror before I melted into awe of how amazingly wonderful it all is that Scientology is so powerful as to get the same EP the same result the exact same realization on every PC.

Now it seems shocking.:omg:

This was true for the TR's clay table at least. The KTL EP seemed to be more difficult to acfhieve............

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
What Alan is describing, here, is exactly what I tried to extricate from Scientology on my way out, and what I was calling "Cosmology Neutral Tech", at the time. To me, this is what I think Idenics is, from my reading of it.

I don't see anything wrong with a Grades approach, given that the person being addressed is interested in it. Most of the people I work with, once an analogous action to "Life Repair" is finished, do exactly what Neo said: they go live their life. Some come back, though, realizing that they are running into similar problems and difficulties in their lives, because they have some patterns of action and emotion that keep recreating them. This is where a grades approach can be highly effective. A direct approach might be very effective, but sometimes it's just not POSSIBLE. Just like if I ask you to go pick up a telephone pole. You can't do it without retreating, figuring out a good angle or tool set, and then applying the plan. I see some sorts of issues and difficulties as being highly mired in a variety of different causes, such that some rooting and pulling on whatever's available can work towards discovering a causal agent of some reluctant (*resistant*) continuously created present time situation.

However, I think that the focus and absurd stress on this in Scientology, turning it into a crisis of "Clears in Danger" or similar "necessity level adjustments" is counterproductive. A person needs time to reflect on their life. Doing that in session is great, sometimes, but sometimes you need more time to consider, to play with factors, and sometimes the universe doesn't comply with the rapidity of change that we might want with our conditions. Sometimes you want to stop and smell the flowers, enjoy the game, love your partner, and there's nothing wrong with that. The purpose of "playing a better game" isn't to miss the enjoyment of it and skip to the "next level". Life isn't a PlayStation game.

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Neo,

I guess the question I'd like to askis-- if one has a situation where the pc does not have the control- which is how Scn auditing is- BUT you don't have the cultic superstructure of CofS, with staff trampling over people...is it agendaless?

Because the above scenario is exactly what you have in the Freezone in most cases, though the FZ does have its share of heretics.

Excuse my tardiness in getting back to you :duh:

I still think it wouldn't pass as 'agendaless'. However, this is not necessarily a bad thing. If one is being audited to achieve a specific EP, such as with the grades, as opposed to auditing/counseling that seeks to handle what the client wants handled, then it has an agenda, certainly. I guess it depends on what people want to achieve, and the degree of honesty between those concerned.

Perhaps most people need some form of map to follow. Perhaps not. I don't know. The ability to follow an agenda when needed, and then drop it when it no longer is, I think would be more ideal. But I'm just speculating.

Neo

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Perhaps most people need some form of map to follow. Perhaps not. I don't know. The ability to follow an agenda when needed, and then drop it when it no longer is, I think would be more ideal. But I'm just speculating.

One advantage of the Scn Grades line-up, i.e. Intro, DRD and Objectives, ARC SW through Grade 4, NED, more or less, is that it provides a blueprint for a couple of hundred hours of auditing, more or less. If you allow the total freedom of "audit whatever you like!" it can easily end up in a "What now?" once you've taken the heat off the urgent stuff.

I'm not being theoretical here. I was thinking about all this earlier today before I looked at ESMB, with regard to my automated online applications. The instructions for the YouTube videos and beginning Paul's Robot modules basically restimulate whatever is hottest in the user's mind and then say THAT is your topic to address. And that works out great. Until it doesn't really work because all the hot and even warm stuff in general life has been discharged. And then what?

A couple of years ago when I first started putting such applications online, my first one, even before the first Paul's Robot Auditor module was created, was The Yawn Machine. It is text-based and does give an optional programme to follow after the initial hot stuff is taken care of. I haven't looked at this subject since I first put it up there. I started off with a "Life Repair", involving going through one's entire life chronologically, in chunks, and discharging any incidents at all that "stick". This can be done generally, or by flows. It can also be done using the Paul's Robot R3X module, and there is even an option there to concentrate on that approach. After that comes my version of what is now New OT1 in the CofS, taking charge off hot (not sexually!) people in one's life, then hot locations. After that I get a bit stuck for options. I see I wrote a few hopeful headings, but never got around to researching them out.

One consideration I have is that anyone who gets that far will have other paths to draw from and won't be at a loss for options!

But I'm still open to suggestions on the subject. :)

Paul

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Excuse my tardiness in getting back to you :duh:

I still think it wouldn't pass as 'agendaless'. However, this is not necessarily a bad thing. If one is being audited to achieve a specific EP, such as with the grades, as opposed to auditing/counseling that seeks to handle what the client wants handled, then it has an agenda, certainly. I guess it depends on what people want to achieve, and the degree of honesty between those concerned.

Neo

I guess, then, it depends on the agenda and who has it, is it hidden, etc.