What is going on with Ray Jeffrey - Attorney for Marty Rathbun?

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Knows, Sep 24, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

Not everyone is nasty - only a few - like 2%.

I have always maintained my "assertion" as my humble opinion trying to start a dialogue.

You seem very pissed off about my wanting to have a comm cycle about it...don't mean to rattle your cage but you are free to go to another thread.

Oh - and no - no head trauma as an infant. I am a very able and clear headed being.

Nope - wrong - I am not asserting it as a FACT because I have no proof. Facts are backed with Science. You know that!

I sure hope it is not true.

Did you think Marty Rathbun took the blood money buy out from Scientology when he first displayed his videos and was acting so strange? What did you think about Marty during that time? Did it change at all and what do you think now?

2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I suspected that Marty settled with CoS and has been under their control ever since the lawsuit was dropped. Here's a link to one of my posts on the subject:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/...nd-starts-squawking.43979/page-3#post-1143347

I do feel he was for real when he participated in the 'The Truth Rundown' series and for some years thereafter, and did major damage to the CoS. Pretty obvious now he's switched teams. And honestly, I've got zero desire to discuss anything about Marty these days. He's been discussed extensively in the past and I've expressed my thoughts on him on the past threads involving him, his video series, the dropping of Mosey's lawsuit, etc.

3. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Thank you.

So Ray Jeffrey was considered trust worthy enough to be his private lawyer, but when he turned him down Ray was no longer trustworthy. Yep, makes sense. :blink:

4. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Ah, You are completely off-base if you are suggesting that my reply to your OP, which contained the actual docket of the case and a very recent date of activity, had anything to do with what you wrote in the above quote (and what I didn't quote of it ).

I don't think you even read the docket, because if you did, you would see that the judge decided that this case IS DISMISSED it on 8/31 based on her ruling. That the ruling (which was only about requesting the court allow Jeffrey et al to take depositions BEFORE a lawsuit is filed) and the notice to each attorney that they could appeal if ( Sept 15th) means that this is a recent decision and may well be appealed.

All I noted was that this case ( the matter of being allowed to take depositions BEFORE A LAWSUIT IS FILED) can be appealed per the judge's ruling.

"Case History Currently viewing 1 through 17 of 17 records
    Sequence Date Filed Description
    S00004
    9/15/2017
    NOTICE OF ORDER RULE 306A
    RICHARD J REYNOLDS
    ISSUED: 9/15/2017
    S00003
    9/15/2017
    NOTICE OF ORDER RULE 306A
    RAY BARRETT JEFFREY
    ISSUED: 9/15/2017
    O00001
    8/31/2017
    ORDER DENYING
    PETITION TO TAKE PRE-SUIT DEPOSITIONS
    JUDGE: KAREN H. POZZA
    VOL: 4784 PAGE: 2974 PAGE COUNT: 1
    P00012
    8/31/2017
    CASE CLOSED FINAL JUD AFTER NON JURY TRIAL
    P00011"

How you got anything else out of my post, is beyond me. And how you thought I would even get anything else out of what your OP says, is beyond me, as well.

But I will say that I think you are completely off the mark, and have not provided anything that would support that that Mark Rathbun settled anything with anyone except, possibly Scientology

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Knows

Okay - Mary. Thank you again.

Here is what I posted in response to your post:

"Thank you Mary - for this information.
    I had another thread going trying to have a conversation about this subject but Emma shut me down.
    Apparantly, some people cannot have the idea that Ray Jeffrey may have been paid already and we won't hear from him.
    Personally, I hope he did not but I have my suspicions.

I would like to discuss it with anyone who is open and able to discuss.

I hope I am wrong about Ray Jeffrey."

Not sure who or what put the Bee in your Bonnet.

All I said is "thanks for the information".

How am I completely off base by thanking you for posting the details of this case I was unable to find. VWD by the way! :)

Now - If you can say it - I think I can say it.

I think you are off base for your rather rude tone to my very polite response to your post.

By the way - I could not find any details of the case.

I appreciate seeing what you found.

This is all I could find from BEXAR COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT regarding Ray Jeffrey and Marty Rathbun.

2017CI12270
    MONIQUE RATHBUN
    OTHER
    IN RE JEFFREY LAW FIRM PC

07/06/2017
    DEBT/CONTRACT
    DISPOSED
    2017CI12270
    MARK RATHBUN
    IN RE JEFFREY LAW FIRM PC

07/06/2017
    DEBT/CONTRACT
    DISPOSED

AnonMary says....

"But I will say that I think you are completely off the mark, and have not provided anything that would support that that Mark Rathbun settled anything with anyone except, possibly Scientology"

I believe I have made it clear that I am ONLY discussing the subject.;)

Can you prove with cold hard evidence right NOW - that high ranking ex Scientology Officals like Vicky Aznaran, Debbie Cook got a buy out? What about the Lisa McPherson Family - I had read somewhere they received a settlement of $7,000,000 from Scientology....

This is Scientology HISTORY - paying and gagging off high a host of other high ranking officials who blew the cult and were "$ilenced" by $cientology in exchange for the ole blood money gag order buy out?

Just because I am not holding hard evidence does not mean it did not happen.

I do believe most of us here know that is what Scientology does to Keep Scientology Scamming.

SOOOOOO - If you don't like the subject matter - you certainly are free to leave and go elsewhere to post. I'll miss you but catch up with you later somewhere on a subject we both are interested in.

I have no proof that Ray Jeffrey got paid and will fade quietly into the distance

perhaps now stating it was "just too much work to go after the Rathbun's"....sigh....

and THAT ^^^^ would make me very suspicious.

I sure hope he does not do that.

Furthermore, I have no proof if Ray Jeffrey was part of the "act" with Marty Rathbun and his wife Monique. I am simply stating what I think may be going on.

Once again - It is my "OPINION" that Marty Rathbun has received money from Scientology in exchange for his recent Bizzare behavior against critics and ex cult members.

Not rocket science here folks....Just watch his strange and bizarre attack videos on ex Scientologists and critics.

Now - Let's look at some factors we DO know and if these factors are incorrect - please DO let me know...:cool: But be nice about it please or go somewhere else and contribute to the motion.

1. Marty and Monique Rathbun were WINNING the lawsuit they filed (via "Monique" for those sticklers) and they FIRED their attorney - Ray Jeffrey et al.
    2. They purchased a house after they fired their attorney - value approx. $300,000.
    3. Marty Rathbun stated on Louis Therouxs 'My Scientology Movie' - that "you know I am unemployable"...
    4. Marty Rathbun has made numerous attack videos against ex Scientologists and Critics of Scientology
    5. Marty Rathbun is changing his Blog - Mark Rathbun - Moving Up a Little Higher - the links at the bottom right hand corner have nothing there when I click on them.
    6. Marty Rathbun has turned on people he at one time considered friends. He broke his word and obviously gave Scientology emails and other pertinent information they are now revealing through their hate sites. The PROOF - PAUL HAGGIS!

I am just using plain old common sense based on 60 years of an evil cults dirty tricks to silence critics and gag them with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ whilst hiding behind the ole Religious Cloak.

Care to contribute to the motion of what you suspect happened to Marty?

I "get it" that some people don't want to discuss this or make any guesses.

Totally fine with me either way.

• Poop Poop x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  6. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

My word, this is becoming ridiculous. The glaring point you're missing is the Rathbuns burned their legal team out of the contingency fee Ray Jeffery & Team were earning successfully representing the Rathbuns against $cientology. Ray isn't part of some nefarious plot FFS, he got fucked over by the Rathbuns so please stop smearing an attorney that's willing to battle the cult in court. It's embarrassing and makes Ex's look like ungrateful paranoid kooks.

• Winner x 5
    • Thanks x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
    • Poop x 1
    • List
  7. anonomog

anonomog Gold Meritorious Patron

Knows, broken links on a website is not proof the content is gone. It can simply mean, the links are broken. Do a search on google or on his site, go through the monthly archives. There is a truckload of critical articles still there. This will take you all of 30 seconds. Even if he has removed half his content there is no loss to humanity, every single thing he has said or written has no value as a source of information anymore.

If you are not willing to even do the most basic of research on missing links, despite people here telling you that your assertion is false, why would I be willing to consider your thoughts on Ray Jeffrey? If you want to make a case for something that flies in the face of logic, be prepared to have some compelling argument, repeatedly posting the same thing just weakens your credibility.

• Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  8. Knows

No problem! Thanks for your post.

9. Balthasar

Balthasar Patron Meritorious

That's an interesting thread. Oddly enough, I find that Knows has a point. I also consider it a possibility that Ray Jeffrey would settle this case if the conditions are right. It may not be very probable but certainly in the realm of possibility. It's too early and only time will tell. If the case goes suddenly quiet then I assume there was a settlement between Rathbuns and Jeffrey. We will see very soon. I cannot see any reason why this should not be possible. Rathbun has his lawyer, so why not this lawyer having a talk with Jeffrey to enquire into a hypothetical solution?

Certainly Knows giving here a shot into the dark but he was also correct with his early take on Marty having taken blood money from the Church while most others still gave Marty the benefit of doubt.

It's a repulsing idea I agree. But why would Ray Jeffrey not put his case to rest if the numbers are right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  10. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Geez AnonyMary you don't have to be so nasty about it. And tone down the HE&R fer cryin out loud. :coolwink:
    What case are you talking about? There is no case ongoing between Jeffrey and Rathbun. How can there be a settlement with no case?

11. AnonyMary

The case in the OP and then my response to it, which, if you open up the quoted area, you will see what recently dismissed. with opportunity to appeal http://forum.exscn.net/threads/what...ttorney-for-marty-rathbun.44489/#post-1153378

I have no idea what Knows is talking about when it comes to a settlement. This is not a civil lawsuit to get money.... it was a petition to the court to do preliminary depositions first ( rare) before a civil suit is filed. It was filed to obtain potential evidence of a financial collusion between the Rathbuns and The cult.

This case, which Tony Ortega wrote about and explained in RAY JEFFREY TO JUDGE: ORDER RATHBUNS TO TURN OVER FINANCIAL RECORDS AND TESTIFY wanted the depositions approved in advance of Jeffrey et al filing any formal civil lawsuit against Rathbun. The hope was that the depositions would find details that would then support a claim to then sue for payment of legal fees for all the work they did on Monique's case.

In response to your question ... the Jeffrey et al case against Rathbun petitioned to get court authorization to do depositions first, separately ( to determine if money changed hands between Marty Monique and the church to settle Monique's lawsuit, thereby getting away with not paying Jeffries's etc ) to find how they were able to buy their home, and to see if any other money was paid by the church; anything to support cult money to transfer of assets in exchange for ending Monique's lawsuit).

The judge ruled against Jeffrey et al... and Sept 17, 2017 dated entries on the whole docket I copied and posted show that the judge had notified attorneys for both sides of a NOTICE of Rule 306A, which means that Ray Jeffrey et al, might, has the opportunity to appeal this decision to deny their petition to do depositions, or even file elsewhere:

" What does "Notice of Order Rule 306A" mean? - Q&A - Avvo
    Simply put-the court loses jurisdiction in 30 days from the date the order is signed. The parties have within that time shall file all necessary motions for new trial, reinstate, modify, dismiss or appeal within that time."
    https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/what-does--notice-of-order-rule-306a--mean--1989257.html

I shall wait to see what Team Jeffrey does. But this is no settlement, as knows suggests

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  12. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Lol! My apologies for the confusion Mary. The first part of my reply to Baltasar was addressed to you, but it was a joke post that I was going to do last night but didn't. Somehow I didn't notice that it didn't get deleted so it showed up unintentionally.

But definitely it was a joke referring to, or actually lampooning Knows habit of calling out folks for being "nasty" and full of "HE&R".

13. AnonyMary

Thank you... I sort of realized later that you were referring to Baltazar. But having sufficiently missed the humor and reference to Knows post, I answered byputting in my serious two cents worth :D

14. AnonyMary

If I had known that the title of your thread was going to be used to attack attorney Ray Jeffrey instead of being an update on the case you posted about, I would have never replied to your OP, which - by the way - had nothing to do with Ray personally. You successfully pulled me into your other arguments, expressed in another thread, and restarted up here.

I replied to your OP. I posted to provide further details of that case record, which you yourself could have found and posted, had you looked.

Yes, you thanked me. Big deal. WE all tend to get thanks when we post something others LIKE. But the rest of what you wrote in that reply to me, and other replies to me and others here, prove you have had little to no idea of what this matter you OP'd is about! Instead, your whole intent was to get another thread going so you could trash Ray Jeffrey and team based upon your limited and quite ignorant view of the case and where things are at for this petition matter. I posted clear evidence that both side attorneys have 30 days from Sept 17 or so to do something with the case or it will be denied jurisdiction. I wonder if you even know what that means.

My suggestion is for you to step back a few feet, read and research more before you post and try to have all the facts before you jump to conclusions. You can do more as an ex-scientologist... silly scientologists rarely if ever take these steps. Its part of what defines them as brainwashed.

This includes rethinking before using the cult nomenclature ( as is you do some times), and posting in a frantic manner, as if you are trying to singlehandedly clear the planet of Scientology, where there are so many others here who know more, and have done more due to having been out and on the internet much longer than, than yourself.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Poop Poop x 1
    • List
  15. Knows

Damn AnonMary - I have super powers! "I sucessfully pulled you into my other arguments".

Given the history of Scientology - I believe this subject warrants a discussion. I am not arguing with anyone.

I have NEVER said I had evidence and knew anything for sure - I just have suspicions based on 60 plus years of Scientological tactics and dirty tricks to divert lawsuits etc.

Post where I said he did it and I have evidence.

Now - this is an ARCX .... I would qualify that as a break in reality - and indictae it is Desired Reality. I was looking to discuss it. ;)

I use the Scientology nomenclature all the fricken time - to make fun of Scientology. If you don't like it - don't read my posts... so lighten up:p

I think it is a very interesting subject that warrants a discussion.

You, obviously don't think it is warranted.

The way you have conveyed that communication to me - well, deserves a little poo flinging, in my opinion.

Just move on please.

16. Emma

It's generally a very big no-no for a law firm to sue a former client. It's usually considered bad for business and no law firm would ever consider taking action against a former client unless it was really necessary, or their own law firm would suffer even worse PR by NOT suing.

If Jeffrey took an underhanded payout from the CoS why would he go to the trouble, and possible PR nightmare of attempting to depose or file suit against the Rathbuns? (the former client). Even one that initially failed. It doesn't make any sense at all.

How much do you think Scientology likes paying out its precious dollars? Are you seriously trying to get people to believe that DM would pay millions to Ray Jeffrey, just to get him to shut up about Rathbun taking a payout? If you are serious about this, please present your case with logical arguments how this could possibly work out. Bear in mind Ray Jeffrey doesn't need the CoS blood money. He's no pauper (like Marty). He doesn't like being stiffed though.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  17. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

And why is it not OK for me to take exception to his slander of a good man?
    And what is up with his insistence that change.org is a Scientology website?
    I rather politely twice attempted to correct the misinformation he was spreading, and all I got in return was his ridicule.
    A more tender soul than mine would have been grievously wounded...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • For you For you x 2
    • Angry Angry x 1
    • List
  18. Emma

It's like he's been to the Alanzo school of hypocrisy, and graduated with honors.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  19. anonomog

anonomog Gold Meritorious Patron

It'll all be okay :sorrow:

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

ETA: Never mind. Just repeating myself and others essentially.

ETA again: I merely repeated myself and others. So I scrapped the post. Too redundant.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017