What's new

What would you do for a cleared planet?

duddins

Patron Meritorious
I usually use the handle RQPD the x's added to meet criteria on some boards.

But one day whilst being bussed back to the Wilcox while doing my EPF we drove by the Pussycat theatre. The movie playing was "Rick Quick the Private Dick". :thumbsup:

OMG! Am I thick or what? I JUST GOT IT.
I saw several grand film titles on the marquee of the pussycat as well. It is funny how we latch on to certain memories. Did you know that they had Linda Lovelace's handprints in cement in front! Hysterical.

Can we call you 'Rick" for short?....I dont mean "short" ...........in that sense!

I just mean for short? :coolwink:

Tanstaafl

Crusader
I usually use the handle RQPD the x's added to meet criteria on some boards.

But one day whilst being bussed back to the Wilcox while doing my EPF we drove by the Pussycat theatre. The movie playing was "Rick Quick the Private Dick". :thumbsup:

Just as well it wasn't Blazing Saddles! :)

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I'd like a planet that was truly cleared of aberration...but I wouldn't want to see one run by CofS or, really, by any theocracy.

To really have a cleared planet, there'd have to be compassion, for one thing.

Hubbard's tech has some neat stuff but there's too much coldness.

I don't think "cleared planet" is a good goal because one is "Postulating" for other people. One's projecting and planning for others, that is.

I don't think that can be done.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
When derailed is meaningful

This is a wonderful example of derailed threads actually answering the relevant question.

What would you do with a cleared planet?

Nuthin; don't want it; aint gonna happen; How bout them Mets?

Zinj

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Easy enough to research through the "search" facility. Let's see who the masters of innuendo are....

Paul

I'm not sure what innuendo is. :confused2:
My sister used the word once but I never bothered to look it up. :melodramatic:

BTW, my sister tells me that she is looking forward to going out for an ice cream with her Italian gentleman friend. She says she's looking forward to licking the nuts off a large Neapolitan.

Last edited:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I'm not sure what innuendo is. :confused2:
My sister used the word once but I never bothered to look it up. :melodramatic:

BTW, my sister tells me that she is looking forward to going out for an ice cream with her Italian gentleman friend. She says she's looking forward to licking the nuts off a large Neapolitan.

I think innuendo is something popular with tea-swilling reprobates at Eton and requires lots of lube.

Zinj

xrqpdx

Patron
Thanks so much for joining us. WARMEST WELCOME!

Your post was enlightening to say the least.

My little brother (now 41) was in the Cadet Org as well during the late 70s. His name was Danny O'Connell. I wrote about him on another thread. He used to hang out quite a bit with a guy who lived down the street....a guy named Richard. A non-scientologist. Richard introduced my brother to LSD, Speed and Pot at the age of 12. All while he was supposedly being watched by someone at the cadet org.

Your posting just adds more on to the dung heap that is the stinking pile of overts that the SO has against innocents.

That name sounds familiar. I know of some kids who were going off base, but I wasn't privy to the details.

It's hard to really describe the Cadet Org and what went on. My story is very much a summary as I am sure others' are. 'Lord of the Flies' came to mind as a way to descibe it in that every base urge was expressed and acted out short of actual murder (that I am aware of). Primarily due to a lack of structure. The people put in charge of kids had no credentials to be doing so.

In fact the Sea Org is notorius for putting people on posts where they have little to no experience or even aptitude to perform. Later on in my Sea Org stint they actually wanted to make me of all people a nanny, a time in my life I actually had nothing but disdain for children.

What happened to your brother and to certain other kids who got involved with either drugs or perversion or both is all too common and unfortunate.

xrqpdx

Patron
I was feeling inspired after reading others' stories...

Part II (Leading up to the Sea Org)

After our family left the Sea Org (my brother and I the Cadet Org) we went to stay with our maternal Grandmother in Menlo Park. Grandma was happy to see we were out, she never quite got over the fact that her only son had shot himself after being involved with CoS for a couple years. I remember plenty of times she and my Mom arguing the merits of Scientology.

Sometime in ’78 we moved into a large house on the corner of Geneva and Hoover in Los Angeles (just south of 3rd). It was a boarding house for Scientologists in the area. My Dad had struck a deal to be the live-in property manager. Along with us there were three other tenants a man and wife with a little girl named Molly, Don Toll a cool laid back surfer type with long blond hair and Wendell Dayton with his son Sky Dayton (yes, of later Earthlink fame).

My brother and I really gravitated to Don as he was into models, rock ‘n roll and explosives. We would often blow up our action figures in the backyard with black powder that he seemed to have a limitless supply of.

Having learned how to steal and manipulate adults from our stint in the Cadet Org (can’t say we didn’t learn anything). This was one of our most out-ethics times. If I wasn’t busy starting a fire then I was laying a sympathy trip on my teacher to score a free lunch, or increasing my baseball card collection courtesy of Thrifty Market.

Living so close to one’s basic survival needs I think really sharpens an individual’s cleverness and ability to manipulate people.

After a year or so we moved up to Grass Valley, CA to stay with our Uncle’s widow Carlynn and her sister Lucy who had also recently left the Sea Org, my cousin Liz was here as well (who to this day has completely repressed what happened in the Cadet Org).

I ended up missing half of the 4th grade and beginning of 5th in the transition so starting at the local school here was a bit rough, but I managed with the help of my Mom.

Carlynn’s husband had a workshop where he produced all the walnut enclosures for the MkV E-meter after helping to design it. My brother and I really looked up to him and for as long as I can remember referred to him as uncle.

We stayed here for about a year or so before moving to an even more rural area, Pollock Pines CA. This is where my Mom decided that she didn’t want us to come into contact with drugs etc… so started a ‘rogue’ home schooling program for my brother and I. It actually worked pretty well. We would go to the library once a week and check out all the basics + some history and geography, she would create checklists with daily goals. We could go out and play once we met our goal for the day, which was awesome.

My Father was mainly working in the city selling businesses (something like an escrow service) On a couple of deals he did independently, he ended up with the collateral from the transaction, a Computer in which my brother and I learned to program in Gwbasic and 40 acres of near worthless land in the Alturas CA area.

After a couple years in Pollock Pines my Dad brokered a deal in Sacramento in which he traded the 40 acres for a small doughnut shop in the southern part of the city.

So we moved to Sacramento wherein at 13-14 I became the Baker at night and the rest of the family worked the counter during the day. It was really hard work, about 10 hours a day, 7 days a week but I was very proud of what I could accomplish. People loved my doughnuts and the business grew so fast it handled all of our financial problems of which we had many over the years.

Another sort of bonus during this time was that I broke my hip and the insurance of the roller skating rink in which I broke it, paid for the operation to put the screws in. My Dad never paid the hospital so that extra $9,000.00 was pretty welcome.

It was at the Sacramento Org (maybe mission) that my Brother and I actually did our first ever Scn. Course, The Success Through Communication Course. It seemed this was a manual on how to manipulate conversations, which was great because it helped me justify all my past similar overts. Hell if there was a course on it, it must be ok to do. The course sup was an asian fellow named Vince Wong, I really liked him too.

After about a year of that my Dad sold the shop to some Cambodian emigrants due to pressure from my Mom who’s life goal was to be a nutritionist and felt peddling junk food was a huge overt.

Sacramento was pretty good to us overall, except that my Brother had started a pretty extensive collection of illegal assault weapons and we had both started smoking.

So it was off to Southern Oregon! Grants Pass to be exact. Where my parents both began to pursue the area of health and nutrition. After about a year of living on the residuals from the sale of the shop and the insurance settlement my parents decided that we needed to live closer to an urban area to mock up the business. So we moved to Sunset Bl. Between Hobart and Serrano in Los Angeles.

Shortly after moving to Los Angeles, my Dad enrolled my Brother and I onto the HQS course at CC. We were twinning on the course and doing the CCH co-audit portion when we ran into the Sea Org recruiters…

xrqpdx

Patron
Part III (Joining the Sea Org is the only responsible thing to do)

One day on break from the HQS course my brother and I were at the outdoor canteen area in the Manor Hotel when two girls approached us wearing white button up shirts and navy skirts. :wink2:

I recognized them as Sea Org members and they promptly introduced themselves as Anne Joasem (sp?) and Jennifer (I want to say Colie or something like that). We quickly learned they were from an elite organization known as CMO Gold. They were not mere messengers but Gold messengers. They were the elite of the elite.

They showed us multiple references from LRH stating how the Sea Org was this tough group of people who would pave the way to a cleared planet. Many are called but few are chosen, and WE were being chosen!

I had always had considerations of how I was going to pay my way up the bridge seeing how my parents struggled so much and they were both OT and trained auditors I thought for sure it would take me 2-3 lifetimes to finally make it. So the added benefit of going up the bridge while serving the highest purpose ever was almost too good to be true. The only trick now was to convince our parents.

Anne and Jennifer came over to our house on Sunset to help work out the details. Our parents were resistant because there was much work to do in getting the nutrition business rolling. But how could you argue against the greatest purpose this planet has seen in 75,000,000 years? You can’t, so after a few hours it was decided that my brother would join now and I would be on a ‘project prepare’ to join later when my parents business was stable.

Soon after my Brother left to start his EPF I was lonely. All my life we had bounced around and I never got a chance to establish long term friends, my brother was literally my only friend and now he was gone. So I started in on my parents in earnest to let me join, Anne and Jennifer helped, and after much grief on my Mother’s part and anger on my Father’s part they caved. They didn’t agree per se, they caved. It was very selfish in retrospect, but at the time I didn’t care I figured they had their own ethics issues because they didn’t ‘make it go right’ when they joined originally. Besides, who needs nutrition when you can just be OT and make your body well and live forever?

I was going in and not looking back. A billion years? Hah! Give me two of them to sign because I am going to be the most OT person this universe has ever seen, a mere billion years I could do standing on my head! :happydance: