What's new

What's the consensus on picketing?

Just curious as to what you thought. I personally think this is great as these folk ensure that no one is going to cross the doors at that building with all of that chaos out front. And those signs are effective - the "scientology hates gays" thing really made me pay attention. Or is this disrespectful to the ppl working inside? Does it make a mockery of the crazy shit they have to deal with?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs1yffSNKL8

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think it's disrespectful to the people working inside. They will just think this is a bunch of psychos who know nothing about scientology.

The real merit of these protests I think is to give scientology a bad reputation and to keep people away from it.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Protesting outside cult buildings actually does really good things per reports I have received back. Those inside don't just write off the protesters - it can get them thinking and has led to peeps walking out of the cult.

It has also led to widespread organisational paranoia in some places (think CLO ANZO and NarCONon Melbourne) after questions posed by protesters have been taken to registrars/staff - hilarity ensues.

And it's very empowering to do for someone who's been in the cult and still has the idea that the cult is some all-powerful entity.