When do the dreams stop?

Discussion in 'Life After Scientology' started by palehorse, Jan 18, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. BeenLiedTo

BeenLiedTo Patron

My nightmares consist of me being on the RPF, which I did for over a year. I absolutely hate cockroaches and one of the jobs that I had to do regularly was go into the under-galley at PAC and scoot around on little skateboard type things and squish roaches. My stat for the date with number of roaches smashed. It took every bit of courage to do that every day. That is what I have a lot of dreams about.

BeenLiedTo

2. That's the most severe form of de-bugging I've ever heard.

The Anabaptist Jacques

3. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

It makes we want to resurrect LRH, and implant thousands of roach eggs under his skin, all over his body, just so they can eat their way out. While he's forced to watch.

4. freethinker

freethinker Crusader

Miss Pinch with her cheese grater can help loosen the skin for more coverage.

5. freethinker

freethinker Crusader

They have a device now that when you call a number you freedom starts beeping so you can find it. Just don't lose your phone.

6. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

There was a program on the Royal Scotman AKA the Apollo to get rid of the roaches - it was in the OODs which is how I know about it. It was called the Darby, and if you found and killed a nest of roaches, you called a messenger who checked it out, then entered your name in the race.

he might look like the roach guy in Men in Black....
    [​IMG]

7. I tried that.

Boy did I ever get a wrong number!

The Anabaptist Jacques

8. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Reminds me of the ear-worm one, wtf, hm, outer limits or some such, one of the best 'it should happen to you' thingy things imho. Bug gets in, bug gets out, lays eggs in brain... gotta loves the vintage shows :)

9. DeeAnna

DeeAnna Patron Meritorious

Oh. my. god. No WONDER you are having nightmares! You poor, poor thing! Some people might be able to handle this type of thing. I could not! Oh my, oh my......

I want to tell you that I live in Western Pennsylvania and three years ago our area got inundated with these awful bugs called "Stink Bugs". They have some fancy name, of course, but basically they are brown, shield-shaped, are outside and they want to come into your house, and if you crush one, it emits a horrible, horrible odor.

For whatever reason, these things became particularly bad in my area. The back side of my house (and all of my neighbor's houses) was covered with them! You could not sit outside. And they would get in through the smallest crevice. Terrible, terrible things! These things got into my attic area by entering through the roof vents and then were crawling out of the cold air return vents all over my house!

I was freaking out! I had to go and stay at a friend's house while exterminators came three different times to get rid of them! Awful, awful!

I HATE BUGS! I feel for you and hope these dreams go away!

10. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

It was Rod Serling's "Night Gallary", episode "The Caterpillar"

11. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Or perhaps it was the Ceti Eel in the Wrath of Kahn.... poor Chekov...

[​IMG]

12. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I was on the PAC RPF's RPF in March-June 1996. I did the Rats' Alley thing twice. I've written it up here a few times. The first time, probably March, there were literally (I counted) tens of thousands of the critters there, twitching away (these are palmetto bugs, usually about 1-1/2 inches long, and they FLY); the second time, probably May, there were zero, not one. Rats Alley isn't an alley at all, and I never saw a rat there. It's maybe 50 feet by 20 by 4, with three (?) concrete "beams" maybe 18" deep and 12" wide running across. The critters lived on the walls and the sides of these beams mainly. There were also hot pipes running across. Because of the low ceiling you had to roll around lying prone on a little furniture dolly on wheels maybe 18x12 inches. When scooting around you had to be careful not to get burned and when you went under one of these beams the bugs were maybe three inches above your head.

I'm curious: how did you squish them? I've walked over these things outside and they've scuttled away afterwards as they have very tough bodies and don't squish easily at all.

When I first encountered them my remit was to hose down and scrub the floor. At first I hosed a hundred or so of these critters off the wall, but I got concerned about them blocking the drains, and also them ganging up and attacking me in retaliation! I left them alone after that. After a while it was just about tolerable to be in there with them but I wouldn't say it was pleasant at all and I was glad to get out after a few hours.

Paul

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  13. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

On a trip to PAC as a public in the mid 1980's, I decided to stay at the Manor Hotel. When I got to my room, I noticed it was infested with roaches. I got out of there immediately and went to stay at a regular motel.

One thing I've learned over the years: pests need to eat. If there's a pest infestation, then the pests have found a source of food. Eliminate whatever it is they are eating, and you eliminate the pests.

14. Dulloldfart

Monsanto's job with the useless eaters?

Paul

15. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

No more rice and beans for you, pal.

I got rid of the little buggers by blowing the SO in winter. I went to a place where they actually have weather. Happily I remembered to take a coat because it was bone ass cold when I hitchhiked into town. Froze those hitchhiking roaches into oblivion. :eyeroll:

:)

16. Dulloldfart

Yes. One of the advantages of living in England: no cockroaches!

Paul

17. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Thats not true. In my travels as a decorator I came across 2 properties which were heavily infested.

18. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

I think it's a pain in the ass that non-topic posts no longer appear in the main-page sidebar. This 'scientology related' thread is supposedly about dreams, but we are now discussing cockroaches. Seriously, WTF do they have to do with scientology? Was it worth removing the non-topic posts?

19. Dulloldfart

Aha. Thank you. I don't recall ever seeing them here. But I looked it up and yeah, they are.

Paul

20. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

Well, it got Anonycat to stop complaining about non-Scn threads. At least for a while.