When do the dreams stop?

Discussion in 'Life After Scientology' started by palehorse, Jan 18, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Well, even if that is the case, I don't think it was a price worth paying. Just sayin'.

2. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

Sorry for contributing to the derail. I DO STRONGLY associate roaches with California/Florida brand Scientology though. Still remember opening up a hole in a Scn storage building and the roaches just started pouring out and wouldn't stop. UGH!

3. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Hasn't for me.

I left almost 20 years ago and I still have them from time to time. :no:

It doesn't seem to be that bad for most people, though.

4. strativarius

I never have dreams about scientology, but I left nearly 40 years ago so perhaps that's not surprising.

I don't remember my dreams as a rule, but I often dream that I'm back working in a job I loved and left 20 years ago, and the sense of relief is overwhelming. Then I wake up to reality.

5. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

It is truly a mixed bag Strat. In one of my most vivid Scientology dreams, at least 15 years after I was gone, I dreamed I was in a bathroom with a lot of stalls in Big Blue and all the toilets were overflowing. When I was really there this was a problem because people used anything that was available when the TP ran out.

And when I was really there asleep, I would wake up from a dream because I was scratching all the bedbug bites on my face and neck.

Is this the dream or am I awake?

6. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

I suppressed Scientology immediately upon leaving. I told others in the group about the TRUTH re: L Con Hubbard and his evil cult. Scientology would call me a Bitter, Defrocked Apostate and a RAGING SP. LOL

Oh yeah...that reminds me...it is time for a - "Fuck you OSA" today too!

I had no nightmares or dreams about Scientology since I left (after receiving Debbie Cook's e-mail).

Prior to leaving, I was suffering from panic attacks - really bad. Scientology was suppressing the shit out of me.

The panic attacks stopped when I left.

My reactive mind did not want me to destroy it after all...:wink2:

I am wondering if you have sufficiently (for you own well-being) did "something about it" - to get all of your power back? If you need ideas on how to Suppress Scientology - perhaps taking out a billboard next to your local Morgue stating: Scientology KILLS :no::nervous::omg:

Tubbs was right about the condition formula - you must deliver a sufficient BLOW to the cult of Scientology.

The "being just knows" what is sufficient too!

Anyone suppress Scientology and still have dreams?

I believe the suppression has to be done OVERTLY as well as COVERTLY...:wink2::biggrin::coolwink::yes:

Okay now, you beautiful SP's...

START! Do "Something About It"

Suppress Scientology!

It is the right thing to do!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  7. strativarius

All I can say is that the horror stories I read here, like stuff about 'the hole', the cockroaches, the heavy ethics, the bedbugs, the violence, the pilfering, the knowledge reports, the non-existent TP, the sec-checks and all the rest of the bullshit that went on, make me realise what an easy ride I had on staff in the late 60's and early 70's compared to those that came along later.

Most of my Sea Org career was spent on the RPF, and that was a picnic compared to most regular SO staff-members' lives.

8. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

I don't agree with everything Jon Atack writes. This one seems to be just his opinion, and I completely disagree with him. The actual evidence of exes recovering seem to say exactly the opposite. Firstly, there are the exes that we never even see here, which is the majority of exes. Think of how some 99% or so people joined Scientology and left. Did Micky Dolenz recover? I remember him on the Solo course at AOLA! He left during or before Solo 2 and never came back. He sure is a successful comedian these days!

These 99% of those who ever joined scn left it completely and probably nearly all of them are completely recovered. Then you have all the exes from ESMB that have come and gone and moved on. That's a majority, and most of those are recovered.

Apologies to Jon Atack, but IMHO, he missed the boat on this one though most of the time I think he's pretty accurate.

9. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

I know a couple of ex-SO who are out, and have simply put it behind them and have no interest in coming to a board to talk about it.

10. He-man

He-man Troll under the bridge

You're saying we're the scrape of the bucket, aren't ya? The few remaining misfits. :bleh:

11. strativarius

If just one person reads a post of mine and decides that they don't want to have anything to do with scientology as a result, then all the time I've spent here will have been worthwhile.

12. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

No way! We're so over it, that we can now just enjoy each other while we kick cult ass! :thumbsup:

We're so over it, every protest brings us together for caek! [​IMG]

We're so over it, the laughter never ends,
    the hugs just get bigger,
    the celebrations and meets just bring friends together.

We're so over it, in fact, that scientology has become the best excuse for the most original, strongest, successful, creative, idealistic and fun people who knew each other to celebrate who we are now.

It's a great excuse for socializing and having all sorts of interesting conversations with the very best.

(and it sure beats AA or any of the other As for socializing, too, lol!)

13. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Hell, yes cockroaches have to do with Scientology - like the time I was staying at the FH while on OT 6 and my wife looked up and said.....Mimsey? What's that big bug on the ceiling? Yep - 8 or 10 stories up in the FH - in the warm florida night there was this large roach hanging from the ceiling waving his / her antennae at me. The chase was on and finally I trapped it under a water glass. And my charming wife entreated me to take it outside. Not just flush it down the toilet. Do you know how weird it is to be going down the FH elevator at 11 pm with a giant roach skittering back and forth under a glass in your hand? When I got outside and lifted the glass up to free it - it ran up my arm then launched itself into the air flying away for all it was worth. You just have no idea how fast those big roaches are.

I could say I put house keeping in danger by bypassing them, I could say the bug blew, that certain reges could smell hidden money like a roach can find your food. Like roaches, Scientology runs from the light of truth ... I could say any number of scientology related comments to back up my contention - scientology has everything to do with cockroaches and vice versa..

Mimsey

[​IMG]

14. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

I have heard others express a similar sentiment and I absolutely can relate that that could be how it was for some people. I think my main point was that the transition between off-topic discussion and Scientology discussion tends to be fluid and blurred. There are times I think it would be better in its own place and then sometimes not. If people are civil it shouldn't matter.

Dreams are probably a relevant subject because it is a phenomena. I expect Scientology dreams are probably comparable to something a military vet might experience. I was going to delete my post because it occurred to me that it might send the thread down the old tired TP, cockroach, bed bug direction but what I said was true. These experiences were very real and it shouldn't be surprising that they pop up in dreams, but the post already got some responses so I'll leave it.

I have had more dreams where I have been driving or walking around the streets of Los Angeles or Clearwater or driving across country trying to find my way to or away from the org than I can count. I have dreamed of being back so many times that the conversations I had with people in those dreams about how I was out and had a job and responsibilities to other people and could only stay to help for a little while became predictable and almost lucidly rational.

This may not all be based on abuse or stress. It may only take routine: same hallways, 3 musters a day, go to course, report the stats by 2:00, meals are served at specific times, etc.

I haven't had those dreams for many years now but they would have been much less distressing if the elevators just worked.

15. At FCDC there were not too many roaches in the org. except for the staff house.

Once I poured my corn flakes into my bowl and then I looked down and though, "I don't remember buying raisin brand.

Then I realized they weren't raisins.

In the neighboring houses were the staff lived there were an unbelievable number of rats. Huge rats.

At one place, me and the then HAS stayed up all night to keep the rats away from the girls who were sleeping.

It was unbelievable.

I actually once had rats trap me in a corner...no joke.

But I learned that they were more scared of Scientologist than we were of them.

The Anabaptist Jacques

16. :yes: :clap:

The Anabaptist Jacques

17. F.Bullbait

Haw! Fat Freddy Scat! Haven't seen one of those in a coon's age.

18. F.Bullbait

To make amends regarding my off-track posting...

How about trying "lucid dreaming"?

This is a mind technique where you mentally wake up while you are dreaming and know you are dreaming.

This can be empowering and will give you more control over your dream state.

It can eradicate nightmares.

:yes:

19. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Nice idea.
    However, I don't know how anyone can elicit lucid dreaming consistently.
    Is there a method? The only thing I have read about has to do with "mindfulness techniques" during daily life.

20. Are you talking about "Circus Boy?"

I guess not. Must be his son.

The Anabaptist Jacques