What's new

Where is Matt Faye?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
From the RPF-Rescue thread, we know that there were 3 people thought to be being held against their will in the RPF. Brian Curry was still there, but, by the time of the 'raid', both Matt Faye and Carol Miles were supposedly 'out of the country'.

Carol is a UK subject and the question about her whereabouts has been asked here.

But, where is Matt Faye? He's an Australian national; where is he supposed to have been 'sent'?

Zinj

Feral

Rogue male
Zinj, you raise a good point.

Matt Faye was seen a couple of weeks prior to the raid with his mother the NOTS C/S of the AO, they were on the streets.

This is very odd, RPFers do not have days off and no one could make sense of it, it was known at that time he wanted to leave the SO and had for some time. Some of us thought the day together constituted a handling.

Once we raided Dundas and were told that he had been sent out of the country the dawning realisation that Matt had been slated to be shipped out per the operational policy of the RPF to put people through the PGM at a remote location. They do this so if they do want to blow they are faced with insurmountable odds, no money, no friends, no family, no passport, strange land, blow drill etc. and thus they are easier to hold.

Because Matt's situation was par for the course and even though we went to rescue three people, Carol's scene was so filled with intrigue and to this day we believed they lied to us and the police when they said she too had been shipped out prior to the 19th of December. We think they sent her after, but may be wrong.

Her story merely drowned out Matt's, which is still very important and his eventual rescue will not be postponed by the attention to Carol's but rather be accelerated. As her's is a hotter potato and hopefully will draw more reaction.

There is more to come on her story and we will tell all when it no longer has the possibility of worsening the existing scene for her.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Is Brian Curry related to the Katie Curry at Flag (D of P AO 1 or such, not sure) and I forget her husband's name. Anyone know if this is their son?

Zinjifar

If I had to guess, I'd guess that *neither* is 'out of the country'. A lie is much cheaper than a plane ticket, especially on short notice and considering airport security nowdays. It's not easy to transport a non-consenting adult through airport security.

The Org itself might be iffy, since it presents too many witnesses who would have to be willing to lie (consistently) on cue. My guess would be a 'Safe House' with minimal exposure to witnesses; clam or wog. Much like the more abusive 'Introspection Rundown' scenes. And at least as dangerous.

Zinj

Feral

Rogue male
The police and Dept. of immigration have confirmed that both are now out of the country.

Do not underestimate the sensitivity the CofS has to the amount of data that these people possess. Paranoid cult is paranoid.

They did their "danger condition handling " on the Lis MacPhearson case, they now "know best" how to handle these scenes.

Zinjifar

The police and Dept. of immigration have confirmed that both are now out of the country.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly did they confirm? That they actually traveled out of the country per immigration logs? Or that a phone call to the Org gave a message that they were 'out of the country'?

Any information on *when* they left? On which flights? With which destinations? Who bought the tickets?

The reason I ask is that immigration bureaucrats are no different than any other and, if they can make a phone call from their desks instead of going over to the file cabinet, they might well take a call to the Org as 'Yes, he is out of the country'.

Zinj

Zinjifar

I would love to see the scene at Airport Security with an unwilling RPFer and his minder trying to get on a plane.

It's not 20 or even 10 years ago. When it wasn't uncommon. I find it hard to even imagine the 'Church' *trying*.

So, they'd pretty much have to be 'voluntary', in which case there wouldn't be much reason to get them out of the country at *all*.

Zinj

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Unwillingness only comes about when one knows what's actually being willed. Matt is a kid who has been subjected to scientological indoctrination his whole life. He has no idea what's awaiting him on the other end of this "exciting new adventure".

The CofS has no interest in Matt as a person, their interest lies in preventing others from finding out what he knows. Matt doesn't know this.

Outethicsofficer

It is my contention that these people are so beaten down by the whole process that I doubt they would do anything but comply, the whole RPF degradation process makes them that much pliable. I doubt they would make a scene at the airport for the reason outlined above.

James

Zinjifar

Unwillingness only comes about when one knows what's actually being willed. Matt is a kid who has been subjected to scientological indoctrination his whole life. He has no idea what's awaiting him on the other end of this "exciting new adventure". The CofS has no interest in Matt as a person, their interest lies in preventing others from finding out what he knows. Matt doesn't know this.

Seems to me that if the original data was correct, he wanted *out*. If that's the case, or if it's *not* the case, why would it make any difference if he, like Brian Curry, stated his willingness at the Org or the Airport?

Why say 'he's out of the country' to hide him being held against his will?

Zinj

Zinjifar

It is my contention that these people are so beaten down by the whole process that I doubt they would do anything but comply, the whole RPF degradation process makes them that much pliable. I doubt they would make a scene at the airport for the reason outlined above.

James

I agree. Usually. In which case there was no reason to even get him 'out'. He could have been sent out with Brian Curry to express his voluntary slavedom to the cops. He wasn't.

Zinj

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Zinj, I could cite hundreds of instances where someone wanted out and was convinced to stay despite their misgivings. There are guys right here on ESMB who can tell you all about that. My point is/was that Matt has been so convinced. He thinks he's finally getting what he wanted by asking out. He's stuck in the mindset and it runs deep. Look at how Curry reacted to the police. He wanted out too.

Zinjifar

I still see no reason or even way that an involuntary RPFer could be sent on a commercial airplane to another country. That's not to say that Scientology doesn't have access to private planes. Obviously, they do.

Naturally, if they're *not* involuntary there's no reason to say they're 'out of the country' anyway.

*Unless*; they're in such bad shape that to present them to officials would be an immediate 'flap'.

That would explain the charade.

Zinj

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
The captors are masters at manipulation. And they hold plenty of threat over the heads of victims. They control totally who is allowed to talk to you, including your own family, your spouse, your children. They control your home, and whether you have a bed to sleep in tonight. And they control whether or not you get your next meal. They control your spiritual path. They control your friends. They play heavily on guilt. They degrade a person physically and mentally.

A good dose of the above threats and guilt trip, fresh in the minds of a captive who is in an institutionalized situation and mindset already would not be hard to get to shut up for 10 minutes to get past airport security.

Maybe Matt Fey's mother had just told him she would disown him and he would never see his entire family again and he would lose his inheritance if he did not go. :confused2:

Feral

Rogue male
Just out of curiosity, what exactly did they confirm? That they actually traveled out of the country per immigration logs? Or that a phone call to the Org gave a message that they were 'out of the country'?

Any information on *when* they left? On which flights? With which destinations? Who bought the tickets?

The reason I ask is that immigration bureaucrats are no different than any other and, if they can make a phone call from their desks instead of going over to the file cabinet, they might well take a call to the Org as 'Yes, he is out of the country'.

Zinj

That he was flown out is all the police would tell me. They considered where, when and flights a violation of privacy issues and told me as much.

I was told this directly by the investigating officer and that immigration records confirmed his departure.

That's all I want to say on this.

Zinjifar

That he was flown out is all the police would tell me. They considered where, when and flights a violation of privacy issues and told me as much.

I was told this directly by the investigating officer and that immigration records confirmed his departure.

That's all I want to say on this.

Which is fine. But, *I'd* want to know how they confirmed his departure. A call to the Org might be all the confirmation they needed, since it was his last known address.

A call to the airlines might reveal something different.

Zinj

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Which is fine. But, *I'd* want to know how they confirmed his departure. A call to the Org might be all the confirmation they needed, since it was his last known address.

Zinj

Why beat this to death, Zinj?

Kev said the police stated Immigration records were what the police used to confirm he'd left the country.

That's all we know and that's usual Police practice here to check if someone's here or not.

Of course, they didn't say WHEN or HOW he left - that's grounds for speculation. But the fact of leaving has been established by the NSW police.

Outethicsofficer

I agree. Usually. In which case there was no reason to even get him 'out'. He could have been sent out with Brian Curry to express his voluntary slavedom to the cops. He wasn't.

Zinj

Zinj

Can see where your going with this Zinj, even if we call the airlines they won't give us that info as they don't disclose stuff like that, AFAIK.

Going back to your OP...it is a damn good question, where is Matt Faye? And one we could do more to get answered I am sure.

I am sure we will get the info...sooner or later!

James

Feral

Rogue male

Zinj

I was told this directly by the investigating officer that immigration records confirmed his departure.

I don't know what you're implying. No one asked the org to confirm, the police checked with immigration to verify what the org had told them.