What's new

Which was Hubbard's Best Fictional Work?

AnonKat

Crusader
Hmmm...interesting ideas. And, yes, I agree. Just so you know, I never believed in the xenu story, FWIW

You have a like minded person over at Marty's

Robin Scot OT7 CL4

"The OT levels, dreamt up when LRH was high on drugs in Morocco, are totally bogus, sad to say."

SuperPowers

Patron with Honors
auntpat

As I have told before, I live in a very nice independent senior housing. A lady who lives here is curently receiving ect. If it were not for the therapy she would be in a situation for the mentally ill. Due to the benefit of the shock therapy she lives in a nice space with many friends.

Right. Hubbard said this and that about curing mental illness. But in the real world he played it safe and wrote policy against dealing with these tough cases. Of course he knew it was a way beyond the competence of his tech. So he preferred dealing with the Healthy and Wealthy.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron

Robin Scot OT7 CL4

"The OT levels, dreamt up when LRH was high on drugs in Morocco, are totally bogus, sad to say."

Sounds like a recovered scientology cult member - good for Robin!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Oh come on. Don't you guys recognise the famous Robin Scott? Who stole the NOTs pack? Got imprisoned a few years back for growing weed. I knew him when he was Cramming Officer at FOLO UK.

Paul

AnonKat

Crusader
Oh come on. Don't you guys recognise the famous Robin Scott? Who stole the NOTs pack? Got imprisoned a few years back for growing weed. I knew him when he was Cramming Officer at FOLO UK.

Paul

Tell me more Cramming Officer ? FOLO ? We in The Netherlands think very kindly of weed. But in his case it might have been Hemp and the Church twisted it ! Are you still in Comm with him ?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

Robin Scot OT7 CL4

Probably so. Except I'm also sorta kinda in the process of ditching many other Scn ideas I had... Not sure if Robin is or not.

Interesting, anyway.

Too many people believe in Xenu because they were TOLD that was true. I tend to think there's some weird archetype or incident that happened somewhere along the line though not as described in Incident II, but that somehow it touches on SOMETHING. I have no fracking idea of exactly WHAT. I just think it does, kinda. But even so-- LRH's idea that EVERYONE has this thing- well, you know, that's one of the things about Scn with which I really disagree- and Gadfly has mentioned this, too- the one size fits all/everyone has it type thing.

Anyway, thanks for the info about Robin and your replies. Nice to chat w/ you again.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Tell me more Cramming Officer ? FOLO ? We in The Netherlands think very kindly of weed. But in his case it might have been Hemp and the Church twisted it ! Are you still in Comm with him ?

He was in the SO at FOLO UK in the mid/late 70s, early 80s. I think he held the post of Continental Mimeo for a while too. He may have held lots of other posts, but those are the only two I remember.

He was never a friend of mine. I thought he was an aloof prick. He audited me once, a few sessions on the Grades somewhere. I don't remember anything bad about his auditing. The cramming wasn't great, but I don't imagine anyone else would have done much better at the time. It didn't need fixing later on.

I found this online. Considering the source, I don't know how accurate it is. It says it is a quote from the Daily Telegraph. There is more at the link at http://www.freezonesurvivors.to/rscott_pot.html

Daily Telegraph, December 14, 1996

"Four years for grower of Britain's 'best pot'"

A man who grew some of the most potent cannabis ever known in Britain denied the charges at his trial because he said he did not recognize the authority of the court. Robin Scott, 48, told Recorder David Tilehurst: "You do not have the moral, ethical, spiritual, intellectual or even the legal right to sentence me or my wife. Sentence me and be damned!"

Scott, of Liskeard, Cornwall, was jailed for four years. His wife, Frances, who helped to grow the dugs in their farmhouse, was sent to prison for 15 months.

They were convicted at Truro Crown Court after one of the most bizarre criminal trial of recent times.

The jury heard how Scott, who attended Rugby School and Corpus Christi, Oxford, boasted to drug squad officers from Operation Large when they uncovered his activities in December 1995.

"You are talking to a star," he told them. "I grow the best marijuana in the country." In a later interview he admitted making 47,000 Pound at 100 Pound an ounce and said: "Yes I have sold it. I am proud of it".

Paul

Last edited:
Thanks.

Scott: "Where is the why and the who? Sorry, it lies fair and square with LRH - Miscavige is late on the chain."

Rathbun: "Come on over for a couple of days and I'll put your Grade IV in for you."

Scott: "Thanks, Marty, but I only go into session with auditors whom I like, trust and respect – and who don’t constantly violate the Auditor’s Code (especially that old inval/eval thing) – and who don’t commit continous PT overts on their fellow Scientologists...."
:roflmao:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I ain't goin' through this whole thread!

I'll just say that if you were asking a serious question, Feral, I'd have to say either 'Fear' or 'Slaves of Sleep'

AnonKat

Crusader
He was in the SO at FOLO UK in the mid/late 70s, early 80s. I think he held the post of Continental Mimeo for a while too. He may have held lots of other posts, but those are the only two I remember.

He was never a friend of mine. I thought he was an aloof prick. He audited me once, a few sessions on the Grades somewhere. I don't remember anything bad about his auditing. The cramming wasn't great, but I don't imagine anyone else would have done much better at the time. It didn't need fixing later on.

I found this online. Considering the source, I don't know how accurate it is. It says it is a quote from the Daily Teleghraph. There is more at the link at http://www.freezonesurvivors.to/rscott_pot.html

Daily Telegraph, December 14, 1996

"Four years for grower of Britain's 'best pot'"

A man who grew some of the most potent cannabis ever known in Britain denied the charges at his trial because he said he did not recognize the authority of the court. Robin Scott, 48, told Recorder David Tilehurst: "You do not have the moral, ethical, spiritual, intellectual or even the legal right to sentence me or my wife. Sentence me and be damned!"

Scott, of Liskeard, Cornwall, was jailed for four years. His wife, Frances, who helped to grow the dugs in their farmhouse, was sent to prison for 15 months.

They were convicted at Truro Crown Court after one of the most bizarre criminal trial of recent times.

The jury heard how Scott, who attended Rugby School and Corpus Christi, Oxford, boasted to drug squad officers from Operation Large when they uncovered his activities in December 1995.

"You are talking to a star," he told them. "I grow the best marijuana in the country." In a later interview he admitted making 47,000 Pound at 100 Pound an ounce and said: "Yes I have sold it. I am proud of it".

Paul

lol well it seems he has a farm in NZ now

http://www.fortressnewzealand.com/

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
L.R.H. was primarily a writer, to be blunt he was a fiction writer, to be even blunter he was a Science Fiction writer. All evidence in points to the fact he had an extremely strong propensity toward a vivid imagination.

I for one enjoyed "Battlefield Earth" and "Mission Earth", call me dumb but they were fairly pacey books that sucked me in.

The movie, not so much.

But I was thinking about Ronny and his love of story telling as well as those very blurry lines between fact and fantasy in his 'personal memoirs'.

So, what was his greatest creation?

I reckon it was "L Ron Hubbard", as in Ron the philosopher, Ron the war hero, Ron the film maker, Ron the photographer, humanitarian, poet, source, toy naval commander, you get the idea.

I can't get away from the letter he wrote Polly in 1939, where he'd discovered the Dynamic principle of survival and his personal expression of that was to "Smash his name into history'', and ''to make Napoleon look like a punk".

He later told the SO members charged with smashing his name into history that; the only guarantee that the tech would survive was 'LaRach's' name being branded the way he wanted.

He went so far as to expunge the US government's records of all data that didn't fit the image he was creating. Operation Snow White was the biggest infiltration of the US government in history. All of that to remove data that didn't fit the way he wanted to be remembered.

So, where does this compulsion to deceive the world about the truth about himself come from? Is it actually an occultish methodology of achieving immortality? Did it come from his OTO days?

I've wondered this a great deal, all evidence shows he was totally at ease at recruiting and enslaving others for his purpose, he even sacrificed his own wife after 'snow white' went balls up. She wasn't the only one by far.

Remember when Quinton died? Hubbard's response was "look what the stupid kid's done to me!", then there's the SO, RPF, GO, fair game and more.

So many things like those don't fit the fictional character "Ron the Humanitarian", that's why I think the Ron that Scientologists loved and deified was nothing more than a chimera, or as Mystic would say, a tulpa.

Often things are not the way they are presented, that has been a huge lesson for me in leaving the cult. Seems kind of obvious in hindsight.

I think he was pretty much of a hack writer. I donated some money to Author Serivces one time and said I didn't want anything but they sent me a rack of leatherbound books anyway.
Gawd, what tripe!
His westerns were dogshit--not even researched out properly. Part of my chidhood was on a real ranch--85,000 acres. And I still have horses and rodeo.
The man knew nothing--not a thing of that way of life.
His science fiction I thought was bs too. BE or ME did not interest me even though as a good little Scilon I read them. Oh I got one thing--the peppermint to handle an upset stomach.
That's a good fix.
As far as I'm concerened, one can read some of the course room books like DMSMH...now there's some fiction with some "stay power"!
As far as all this worry about what he wrote and things being changed. I have a friend who was in compliations and wrote just about everything for him. He merely reviewed and approved after my friend read all the notes and research and tapes etc. on it and wrote it up. And get this: some references he was told to read were not written by him either.
Look, I think anyone who cooks up some captain's hat for himself
and gives himself the name "Commadore" is out of his ever loving fucking mind.
And I feel like a fool for ever going for one single thing in his cockeyed mind.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
How about LRH fiction voice....

I just ran across this article

http://www.scientology-cult.com/tiziano-lugli.html

"....While in my recording studio the phone rang; Gold required me to be the official voice talent for LRH’s PDC Lectures (76 lectures given in Philadelphia in 1952). I had the fortune of listening to them 5 times already (still one of my favorite works of all time) and with my voice and translating skills I was the only apparent candidate for such a job. Having refused would have been a disaster for DM’s impossible event targets and the simultaneous multi-language release.

In a few days, after numerous and extensive Sec-Checks to make sure my ethical level was “high enough” to go to The Base I was booked on a plane for an undetermined time to complete the lengthy job. One of the security questions that would have disqualified me for this work was if I had ever had any gay experience or thought of any kind or was ever inclined towards a desire in that direction… I was told that it would be disastrous to be doing LRH’s voice and have anything to do with being gay......"

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
How about LRH fiction voice....

I just ran across this article

http://www.scientology-cult.com/tiziano-lugli.html

"....While in my recording studio the phone rang; Gold required me to be the official voice talent for LRH’s PDC Lectures (76 lectures given in Philadelphia in 1952). I had the fortune of listening to them 5 times already (still one of my favorite works of all time) and with my voice and translating skills I was the only apparent candidate for such a job. Having refused would have been a disaster for DM’s impossible event targets and the simultaneous multi-language release."

If you read the article at the link you'll see that it is the Italian (I assume) voice translation of the PDC tapes, not a redo of the English version. Maybe a slight alteration. . . .

Excerpt:

The out-points I’ve witnessed myself while at the base could make up for a whole chapter in and of itself, but as far as my PDC mission was concerned, I delivered the product in record time for the multiple language release at the event. On several occasions I would come across “curious" translation mistakes, sometimes completely the opposite of what LRH was saying in the recording. I would make corrections but they would come back rejected and ordered to be re-recorded incorrectly. I firmly opposed any justified or unjustified alteration of Source, and always recorded only what was LRH.

Paul