What's new

Why Conspiracy Theories Suck

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm probably taking my life into my hands posting this video here, but why not? (joke) I made it to be seen, so here it is. I find it interesting that many ex-Scientologists develop some degree of critical thinking skills towards Scientology itself yet remain just as susceptible to unproven or illogical conspiracy theories after they leave. I wonder how many even realize how much of Scientology's policy and especially the GO/OSA operations are based solely on Hubbard's mad conspiracy ideas. As I say in the video itself - just because I'm skeptical does not mean I'm calling anyone a liar or asserting that all conspiracy theories aren't true. I'm merely demonstrating my skepticism as any good critical thinker should.

[video=youtube;Yadfszp8Df8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yadfszp8Df8[/video]

You are an exceptionally thoughtful, and gifted speaker, Chris. And this topic is one that is particularly close to my heart, because in the years after I left Scientology, my own coming to terms with GO/OSA operations invariably required the acceptance and belief, on my part, of one of Hubbard's conspiracy theories.
So, I know, firsthand, and in hindsight, that the damage and harm that was caused by my acceptance of conspiracy theories extends well beyond the believer to wholly innocent people.
Thanks so much for this.

I'm probably taking my life into my hands posting this video here, but why not? (joke) I made it to be seen, so here it is. I find it interesting that many ex-Scientologists develop some degree of critical thinking skills towards Scientology itself yet remain just as susceptible to unproven or illogical conspiracy theories after they leave. I wonder how many even realize how much of Scientology's policy and especially the GO/OSA operations are based solely on Hubbard's mad conspiracy ideas. As I say in the video itself - just because I'm skeptical does not mean I'm calling anyone a liar or asserting that all conspiracy theories aren't true. I'm merely demonstrating my skepticism as any good critical thinker should.

one reason conspiracy theories suck is because they are SMOKE SCREENS!!!

the whole goddam 9/11 truther thing is a great big smokescreen to distract from the real issues of 9/11

perhaps the largest question being why the plot wasn't nipped in the bud before it happened...

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
One quarter of the way down the linked page on the right is a list of 8 articles on ear biometrics. If you continue researching the subject you will discover that many polititians and holywood actors are not who you think they are. There is a great volume of data. For one thing you will have to search google images for earshots. The sheer volume of data that you will have to manually wade through kinda negates the need for skeptisizm. The only way you would even get through it is if you have a childs curiosity.
http://wirenetology.blogspot.com/2011/12/three-dimensional-ear-biometrics-system.html

After reading your post I tried to click on one of the new Emoticons.

Is anybody else having glitches today with the new "Pie!" button?

Screen%20Shot%202015-01-22%20at%201_zps15hgmrnr.jpg

When it's working, it's really cool--wherever the poster is, some clowns jump out and smash pies into their face.

Lone Star

Crusader
With much evolution one eventually finds out what a "conspiracy" really is.

further elucidation, por favor...

LOL... Further elucidation? Good luck getting that from him. He doesn't even know what the fuck he's saying.

He just wants it to WOW you as though it's some truly "mystical" and witty proverb.

Either that or most of us truly aren't as evolved as he. Maybe over the next hundred incarnations we'll get it.

:eyeroll:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Hi Chris,

Are you still alive ???? :biggrin:

By now, I only did watch the beginning of the vid and like your approach. :yes:

Concerning conspirancies, my though is the middle path!
Conspirancies are possible, we know conspirancies happens to protect territories, ressources, informations...

But the reality is we don't know unless we were involved. :confused2:

We can decide to rely on people saying it's a conspirancy or people saying the opposite, which is of the realm of faith as opposition to facts.

MHO is that a critical mind is a mind able to differenciate what is known for true verified fact, and what is unknown. It is able to differenciate a suspicion from a fact. It is also able to accept there either might be or not any conspirancy. :confused2:

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
LOL... Further elucidation? Good luck getting that from him. He doesn't even know what the fuck he's saying.

He just wants it to WOW you as though it's some truly "mystical" and witty proverb.

Either that or most of us truly aren't as evolved as he. Maybe over the next hundred incarnations we'll get it.

:eyeroll:

LOL...yea, where is that pie throwing emoticon....it is needed.

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Great Video Chris :clap::clap::clap:

The subject is not just difficult but brutal to tackle with critical thinking and skepticism . I have seen memes on critical thinking and skepticism websites saying basically " Dear governments and corporations and billionaires , in helping us debunk crazy conspiracy theories it would be really helpful if you would stop lying and committing crimes and doing shady stuff , sincerely the scientific and skeptical community " .

I have seen entire websites devoted to showing conspiracies which have had a tremendous amount of conventional evidence such as confessions and admissions by government officials and offices and criminal convictions and paper trails and dead bodies etc. etc. I have seen reports of something like one in four criminal convictions carrying a conspiracy charge so some conspiracies it would seem do occur . Large corporations and wealthy individuals have gone to prison and history has agreed upon plots to take over governments and commit other crimes . Almost everyone accepts the existence of the US and international crime families and organizations as having met any legal burden of proof repeatedly . And outlaw biker gangs and prison gangs and cartels etc.- So small and medium conspiracies , as a point of law , are acknowledged by the powers that be .

So , to dismiss all claims of conspiracy is irrational or poor reasoning . Occam's Razor , which Chris mentions in the video , is to my mind a poor tool as there are examples of situations in which it is an ineffective aid to use and leads to accepting incorrect solutions . Some authors on critical thinking get into that far better than I could . If you read a bit on it at Wikipedia or just about anywhere where it is examined at length you quickly find it is a tool and it's reference in pop culture is often a gross oversimplification and equates it with proof when it is certainly not . Really , the Razor can be called an appeal to emotion fallacy - the emotion of liking simplicity or clarity or even certainty ...I seem to remember somebody else who pushed certainty as proof and knowledge and proved incorrect...anyway , it is a tool and should not be overvalued .

I think the middle ground is tough because it is human nature to via confirmation bias pick and choose and that leads to many , many incorrect conclusions which in turn are used to bolster each other until you have a large false -or at least poorly reasoned body of info- you " know " .

So , I think Chris's main points are good , particularly for Scientologists who through a group of implants are taught to equate large groups of people as one class of enemies...something familiar about that idea ...(“The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category. ” ― Adolf Hitler ) and so from the ad hominem implants equate psychs , world governments , bankers, press , my reputed employer Smersh , SPs , etc. etc. and I have even seen SO materials that state " for every Sea Org member making it go right there are a million people who don't even know what right is " . So the point of that is that Scientologists are made to completely but into a world wide or even intergalactic conspiracy as the basis of all life on Earth .

In coming out I see abundant evidence of greed ( on an individual basis ) and there are certainly corrupt politicians and imperfect methods of government and bizarre taxation and monetary systems with labyrinthine bureaucracies that are less than perfectly honest and transparent . But the hard part is not automatically believing every accusation or claim that fits prejudices . Even innocent people are convicted and executed quite often . Certainly enough to be a particular case one examines .

Additionally there are factors such as apophenia and many mental and emotional factors , in addition to the widespread - almost universal - lack of education on critical thinking and skepticism and scientific method that almost guarantee the public's views on conspiracies. In talking to regular folks most would never believe the reality of Scientology or what a cult is truly like . It is implausible - so they reject it . I happen to know and have mountains of evidence on the reality of the cult .

But that is not the point , most people I talk to fall into two camps the " I do not believe in conspiracy theories " folks who with great rancor , and disdain solve the problem by using the strawmen of Davd Icke and the most extreme conspiracy " nuts " to act like each and every conspiracy is equal and one body of connected equally invalid info . That is irrational and very, very poor reasoning .

Then there are the " conspiracy discernists " who take the middle ground and honestly pick what fits their own religion , politics and preference and believe with a very , very low burden of proof and use fallacies like confirmation bias liberally . Honestly they also use very poor reason . To be quite skeptical you would recognize a great many claims as " neither adequately proven or disproven to meet a rational level of burden " . All maybes that cannot be treated as verified or not . Not easy and fun feeling but accurate . And some folks are smart enough to bypass the issue at times - Noam Chomsky often writes on large trends without pointing specific fingers and talks about if we as a culture do this then this portion will be affected this way and it will have this negative effect on our country and future as a whole . I am not saying his findings or reason are correct - I am saying he sites many statistics in arguments that can be examined for clarity , depth , relevance and other aspects of critical thinking that almost all conspiracy theories lack . They rely on believing claims with little or poor proof . Just saying so and so is bad or greedy is not proof. At least with Chomsky you can look and verify his facts he starts from and see if his ideas on what they mean are sensible and his conclusions logical . Good luck doing that with David Icke or Alex Jones . Their claims take a lot of faith and emotion and little proof and less reason . ( granted they are strawmen )

A case in point here at ESMB was when a thread on Debbie Cook came out and I read a few dozen posts and pointed out a dozen or so fallacies in them and basically said that without first hand knowledge or other very , very convincing proof all the posters who were not there were not able to properly prove or disprove the claims being made . I have seen other threads that are...well stocked with fallacies and simply abandoned any hope of having a rational conversation in them .

So , if you want to find with good sound rational skeptical certainty large or even world wide conspiracies good luck - it may be possible but please subscribe to Carl Sagan's extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof . You will need that proof to convince a lot of the public anyway so you might as well get it .

Good thinking and for what it is worth you would have a tough task to thoroughly prove or disprove plausible conspiracies to me . Especially if I could never examine the players and relevant facts first hand . Oh , and I was part of an international occult Nazi Satanic international terrorist mind control cult intent on taking over the entire world that is a total fraud and was convicted of the largest infiltration of the US government ever and did not know for 25 years so...:coolwink:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Oh , and I was part of an international occult Nazi Satanic international terrorist mind control cult intent on taking over the entire world that is a total fraud and was convicted of the largest infiltration of the US government ever and did not know for 25 years so...:coolwink:

Oh!

Were you really part of a cult conspirancy to take over the world ?????
Tell us

:lol:

Free Being Me

Crusader
>snip< [HIGHLIGHT]Occam's Razor , which Chris mentions in the video , is to my mind a poor tool[/HIGHLIGHT] as there are examples of situations in which it is an ineffective aid to use and leads to accepting incorrect solutions . Some authors on critical thinking get into that far better than I could . If you read a bit on it at Wikipedia or just about anywhere where it is examined at length you quickly find it is a tool and it's reference in pop culture is often a gross oversimplification and equates it with proof when it is certainly not . [HIGHLIGHT]Really , the Razor can be called an appeal to emotion fallacy - the emotion of liking simplicity or clarity or even certainty[/HIGHLIGHT] ...I seem to remember somebody else who pushed certainty as proof and knowledge and proved incorrect...anyway , it is a tool and should not be overvalued.

Really? Occam's Razor is a poor tool of fallacious emotionalism? It's used with the scientific method testing hypotheses.

2 + 2 = 4

No one has become emotionally distraught during that simple clarifying Occam's Razor computation. :biggrin:

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Great Video Chris :clap::clap::clap:

The subject is not just difficult but brutal to tackle with critical thinking and skepticism . I have seen memes on critical thinking and skepticism websites saying basically " Dear governments and corporations and billionaires , in helping us debunk crazy conspiracy theories it would be really helpful if you would stop lying and committing crimes and doing shady stuff , sincerely the scientific and skeptical community " .

I have seen entire websites devoted to showing conspiracies which have had a tremendous amount of conventional evidence such as confessions and admissions by government officials and offices and criminal convictions and paper trails and dead bodies etc. etc. I have seen reports of something like one in four criminal convictions carrying a conspiracy charge so some conspiracies it would seem do occur . Large corporations and wealthy individuals have gone to prison and history has agreed upon plots to take over governments and commit other crimes . Almost everyone accepts the existence of the US and international crime families and organizations as having met any legal burden of proof repeatedly . And outlaw biker gangs and prison gangs and cartels etc.- So small and medium conspiracies , as a point of law , are acknowledged by the powers that be .

So , to dismiss all claims of conspiracy is irrational or poor reasoning . Occam's Razor , which Chris mentions in the video , is to my mind a poor tool as there are examples of situations in which it is an ineffective aid to use and leads to accepting incorrect solutions . Some authors on critical thinking get into that far better than I could . If you read a bit on it at Wikipedia or just about anywhere where it is examined at length you quickly find it is a tool and it's reference in pop culture is often a gross oversimplification and equates it with proof when it is certainly not . Really , the Razor can be called an appeal to emotion fallacy - the emotion of liking simplicity or clarity or even certainty ...I seem to remember somebody else who pushed certainty as proof and knowledge and proved incorrect...anyway , it is a tool and should not be overvalued .

I think the middle ground is tough because it is human nature to via confirmation bias pick and choose and that leads to many , many incorrect conclusions which in turn are used to bolster each other until you have a large false -or at least poorly reasoned body of info- you " know " .

So , I think Chris's main points are good , particularly for Scientologists who through a group of implants are taught to equate large groups of people as one class of enemies...something familiar about that idea ...(“The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category. ” ― Adolf Hitler ) and so from the ad hominem implants equate psychs , world governments , bankers, press , my reputed employer Smersh , SPs , etc. etc. and I have even seen SO materials that state " for every Sea Org member making it go right there are a million people who don't even know what right is " . So the point of that is that Scientologists are made to completely but into a world wide or even intergalactic conspiracy as the basis of all life on Earth .

In coming out I see abundant evidence of greed ( on an individual basis ) and there are certainly corrupt politicians and imperfect methods of government and bizarre taxation and monetary systems with labyrinthine bureaucracies that are less than perfectly honest and transparent . But the hard part is not automatically believing every accusation or claim that fits prejudices . Even innocent people are convicted and executed quite often . Certainly enough to be a particular case one examines .

Additionally there are factors such as apophenia and many mental and emotional factors , in addition to the widespread - almost universal - lack of education on critical thinking and skepticism and scientific method that almost guarantee the public's views on conspiracies. In talking to regular folks most would never believe the reality of Scientology or what a cult is truly like . It is implausible - so they reject it . I happen to know and have mountains of evidence on the reality of the cult .

But that is not the point , most people I talk to fall into two camps the " I do not believe in conspiracy theories " folks who with great rancor , and disdain solve the problem by using the strawmen of Davd Icke and the most extreme conspiracy " nuts " to act like each and every conspiracy is equal and one body of connected equally invalid info . That is irrational and very, very poor reasoning .

Then there are the " conspiracy discernists " who take the middle ground and honestly pick what fits their own religion , politics and preference and believe with a very , very low burden of proof and use fallacies like confirmation bias liberally . Honestly they also use very poor reason . To be quite skeptical you would recognize a great many claims as " neither adequately proven or disproven to meet a rational level of burden " . All maybes that cannot be treated as verified or not . Not easy and fun feeling but accurate . And some folks are smart enough to bypass the issue at times - Noam Chomsky often writes on large trends without pointing specific fingers and talks about if we as a culture do this then this portion will be affected this way and it will have this negative effect on our country and future as a whole . I am not saying his findings or reason are correct - I am saying he sites many statistics in arguments that can be examined for clarity , depth , relevance and other aspects of critical thinking that almost all conspiracy theories lack . They rely on believing claims with little or poor proof . Just saying so and so is bad or greedy is not proof. At least with Chomsky you can look and verify his facts he starts from and see if his ideas on what they mean are sensible and his conclusions logical . Good luck doing that with David Icke or Alex Jones . Their claims take a lot of faith and emotion and little proof and less reason . ( granted they are strawmen )

A case in point here at ESMB was when a thread on Debbie Cook came out and I read a few dozen posts and pointed out a dozen or so fallacies in them and basically said that without first hand knowledge or other very , very convincing proof all the posters who were not there were not able to properly prove or disprove the claims being made . I have seen other threads that are...well stocked with fallacies and simply abandoned any hope of having a rational conversation in them .

So , if you want to find with good sound rational skeptical certainty large or even world wide conspiracies good luck - it may be possible but please subscribe to Carl Sagan's extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof . You will need that proof to convince a lot of the public anyway so you might as well get it .

Good thinking and for what it is worth you would have a tough task to thoroughly prove or disprove plausible conspiracies to me . Especially if I could never examine the players and relevant facts first hand . Oh , and I was part of an international occult Nazi Satanic international terrorist mind control cult intent on taking over the entire world that is a total fraud and was convicted of the largest infiltration of the US government ever and did not know for 25 years so...:coolwink:

I think you missed the main issue. This is not about conspiracy theories, per se. It's about global conspiracy theories and the lack of critical thinking that contributes to the ongoing fascination or obsession people have with them ( to the exclusion of logic).

Gib

Crusader
I think you missed the main issue. This is not about conspiracy theories, per se. It's about global conspiracy theories and the lack of critical thinking that contributes to the ongoing fascination or obsession people have with them ( to the exclusion of logic).

I just finished reading a book called "Made to Stick"

as recommended in the website I promote in my signature,

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/12/21/classical-rhetoric-101-the-three-means-of-persuasion/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1400064287

I read it for free from my local library,

The book basically says and answers, but one can compare, since it is not KSW, LOL

how is it that stories are made to stick in our minds? And those stories become truths?

It's an easy read, too.

No clay demos needed. LOL

PS: I'm fast flow, having completed Method 1 and Student Hat, so I do not need star rate check outs. LOL

Last edited:

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors

You got it Mary. Mockingbird did miss my point right from the get-go.

freethinker

Sponsor
There are some good points in your video such as verifying what you have heard but you state at the beginning that you hear these conspiracy theories and you don't know if they are true or false. That is true if you haven't verified if it is true or not.

later you say that when someone passes information they hear on to someone else, they are lying. That is not necessarily true and , in itself, is untrue and possibly a bias.

if you hear something and pass it on without verifying it but pass it on as true, then you are stating something as true that you haven't verified. It may be true but you haven't verified it. It may also be false because you haven't verified it. It doesn't constitute passing lies if it hasn't been proven to be a lie.

If you know it isn't true because you verified it as false, then you are lying when you pass it on as true. In just passing it on, you may be careless, lazy, prone to pass things on but you are not necessarily lying, you're just careless. If you pass it on as something you heard but hadn't verified, then you are not lying but passing information on what you heard. It may be a lie but if you are not saying it is true then it isn't a lie

Lying is intentional. Passing information can be careless or lacking verification but it isn't lying, it is passing information.

Anyone who acts on information, and that means everyone, should verify for themselves and not rely on anyone else because to rely on information you haven't personally verified as true is careless on your part because you didn't verify it.| You blame someone else and say they lied. But it isn't lying unless it is willful with intent. Everyone should verify for themselves instead of demanding proof because when you demand proof you're just being lazy and want to blame someone else if later if you find it is false, IMO

You can't say passing information is lying just because it isn't verified because if it is true, or false, you should be verifying it anyway to KNOW it is true or false. This means until it is verified with evidence one way or the other then it isn't a lie OR the truth.

If you don't verify for yourself all information you get that is true, or false, then you are irresponsible and just want to blame others for not doing the work for you.

People have the idea that in their interactions with others everything must be factual in every regard. Your best bet is to do your own due diligence.

People lie for various reasons. It is because of fear, or vengeance, or intention to harm but if they do not know, when they pass it on, whether it is the truth or a lie you really can't say what they are forwarding lies because it could be a lie or it could be the truth but it isn't an act of intentionally forwarding lies if they don't know which it is. So if you accept it unverified, do you not have responsibility to verify it yourself? If you don't, then you are careless.

Last edited:

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors
later you say that when someone passes information they hear on to someone else, they are lying. That is not necessarily true and , in itself, is untrue and possibly a bias.

Strictly speaking, that is not what I said and the rest of your statement is therefore founded on a misinterpretation or misunderstanding. The exact quote is "...when we pass it on to others we are forwarding a lie."

Since I was the author of that statement, I also get to say what I meant by that. Forwarding a lie can be intentional or unintentional but it is an act that is executed by a person regardless of intent. It's a total cop-out to say "Well gee, I was just passing it on, I have no responsibility for whether what I was saying was true or not." I disagree. When people forward information of an alarming nature (such as many of those internet memes with false or out-of-context quotes, false or inflammatory "facts" etc), they are often forwarding lies. I know this because I take the time to verify the ones that alarm me and many times I've found that the statements are inaccurate, taken out of context or were literally just made-up.

This doesn't mean, of course, that every time someone does this they are forwarding a lie - that would be a ridiculous interpretation of my statement. My real point was that if the person himself doesn't know if what he is forwarding is true or not, it would serve him well to find out.

The intent was not to take responsibility away from anyone, it was to try to put some responsibility on people who act like rumor mongers whether intentionally or out of sheer laziness or for other reasons. I don't feel this is a bad point to make, nor that I am forwarding a bias or name calling.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Chris a few things, you state:

..and would demand thousands of people knowingly conspiring against the rest of the worlds population...

NOT true.

Take $cientology for example.

Hubbard and a few others knew what Hubbard was doing, running a hypnotic fraud, the rest of the staff members across the world all thought they were doing something else, but in fact they were engaged in a global conspiracy to defraud the public. We THOUGHT we were saving the world from evil...

Yet $cientology has a conviction for CONSPIRACY in the US and a couple of FRAUD convictions in Europe

Or take the CIA....

They have been generating bullshit since their inception. All ideas that further American corporate interests, and note that it is supposed to be a government of the people, by the people and for the people, NOT of the corporations, for the corporations and by the corporations.

The thousands of people engaged in helping them, don't know they are furthering exploitation of the entire world, they THINK they are being 'patriotic', meanwhile Gaddafi, that "Evil dictator' provided for his people.

Education was free
Electricity was free
Medical treatment was free
completed the world biggest irrigation project in the sahara
Newlyweds got 50,000 USD to sget and furnish their first apartment
A woman giving birth got $5000 for expenses
If you cannot find work in Lybia, you got 2300 a month

All of this from OIL REVENUES....

What an evil dictator!!

========

Verify your facts with independent confirmation

Good luck with that...

One often cannot quote the best sources of information, as they are often books that arn't on the net I have scanned hundreds of pages of books and placed them on the net to make certain points...or they are interviews that seem difficult to find, or they are research by 'evil people', who have been demonized so thoroughly that you dare not even look. Like Psychiatry was when we were $cientologists...
========

And re simpler explanations and occams razor, sorry I don't buy it.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

There is a legal construct called "Elaborate Frauds" - The complexity of the operation make determining what is actually occurring take a tremendous amount of time and effort. In the past such complexities were considered successful if it required more than a lifetime o f study because no one lived more than a lifetime to study anything. The Internet has increased the speed of acquiring information so that even elaborate frauds are more difficult to hide.

Complexity itself is a technique used to hide simple fraud.

========
Re coincidence, "There are no coincidences in counter espionage"

But I get your point not all apparently chance happenings have significance because of an apparancy of relationship..

HOWEVER

all the worlds problems do boil down to one causality

its called Psychopathy.

And Psychopaths DO tend to recognize other psychopaths, and seek them out, and naturally form working relationships because they need each other, because those are the ones who can act without conscience, who can really get things done, and will follow all your orders, even to drop napalm on gaza...(example) or try to sink the USS Liberty.

See Ponerology.com

=======

And truth does not come in shades of grey...

=======

Some excerpts from Political Ponerology:

"Reverse Blockade: emphatically insisting upon something which is the opposite of the truth blocks the average person's mind from perceiving the truth. In accordance with the dictates of healthy common sense, he starts searching for meaning in the "golden mean" between truth and its opposite, winding up with some satisfactory counterfeit. People who think like this do not realize that this effect is precisely the intent of the person who subjects them to this method. "
Page 104, Political Ponerology by Andrew M. Lobaczewski

"In their paper, "Construct Validity of Psychopathy in a Community Sample... Salekin, Trobst, and Krioukova write "Psychopathy as originally conceived by Cleckley (1941) is not limited to engagement in illegal activities, but rather encompasses such personality characteristics as manipulativeness, insincerity, egocentricity , and lack of guilt - characteristics clearly present in criminals but also in spouses, parents, bosses, attorneys and politicians, and CEOs, to name but a few. (bursten. 1973; Stewart, 1991)...As such. psychopathy may be characterized...as involving a tendency towards dominance and coldness. Wiggens (1995) in summarizing numerous previous findings..indicates such persons are prone to anger and irritation and are willing to exploit others. They are arrogant, manipulative, cynical, exhibitionistic, sensation-seeking, Machiavellian, vindictive and out for their own gain. With respect to their patterns of social exchange (Foa & Foa, 1974), they attribute love and status to themselves, seeing themselves as highly worthy and important, but prescribe neither love nor status to others, seeing them as unworthy and insignificant. " Page 89, Political Ponerology, footnote

"All this was inspired by the principle that in the big lie there is always a
certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always
more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds
they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they
themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to
resort to large-scale falsehoods.

It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they
would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so
infamously.Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always
leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is
known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the
art of lying." Page 134 Mein Kampf

=====

None Dare Call it Conspiracy, by Gary Allen 1971

And if anyone reading this wants to really get a feel for how deceived and controlled what Americans think is true really is, you really must read this book:'

Cultural Cold War: The CIA and the world of arts and letters

Last edited:

Free Being Me

Crusader
Chris a few things, you state: >snipped for brevity<

Arnie, I really pity you when it comes to you seeing conspiracy theories in everyday life; your Antisemitism, Jewish Bankers NWO, Ebola is a government conspiracy, Allied WW ll Dresden bombing "holocaust", UFO's, 9/11, the Prez shook his head during a speech. Need I go on? Also dropping some patriotic freedom thought stopping cliche slogans at the bottom of your posts or as a rebuttal for gravitas doesn't make what you say true.

Too bad you missed the gist of GP's video. Just because there is wrong in this world and there are valid conspiracies doesn't mean every event and/or tragedy in the world is the result of some conspiring psychopath(s).

For all we know you're the psychopath trying to mislead us with "complex" conspiracy theories. :hysterical:

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
<snip>

Too bad you missed the gist of GP's video. Just because there is wrong in this world and there are valid conspiracies doesn't mean every event and/or tragedy in the world is the result of some conspiring psychopath(s).

<snip>

Yes. :thumbsup:
Just because A implies B does NOT mean that B implies A. (logical fallacy)
Just because conspiracies cause crap to happen does NOT mean that all crap that happens is a result of conspiracies.

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
GP - great vid...

conspiracy #1 : why is your right hand always in left hand?
conspiracy #2 : why your microphone looks like letter "I" in "I GOT LOGIC?"

Lerma: lots of people from my country use to work in Libya... that are not facts. it was in 70s early 80s ,but later only in Tripoli....even there,it was only for "good ones" ...

Last edited:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
GP - great vid...

conspiracy #1 : why is your right hand always in left hand?
conspiracy #2 : why your microphone looks like letter "I" in "I GOT LOGIC?"

Lerma: lots of people from my country use to work in Libya... that are not facts. it was in 70s early 80s ,but later only in Tripoli....even there,it was only for "good ones" ...
I'm not surprised. I lived in Dubai for a year and I met a few people from Libya who didn't think much of him.

Arnie has a fondness for some dictators, Putin and Gadaffi most notably.

Having lived in Dubai (which is a fairly liberal dictatorship but still a dictatorship) I am skeptical of any dictatorship in the middle east being good for the people.

In Dubai for example, there were the following problems
1) No voting.
2) You can be arrested for next to nothing (I was arrested for giving a guy the finger - he deserved it).
3) You can get imprisoned for bouncing a cheque.
4) You can have your passport taken away if you default on loan payments.
5) DIY porn makers can get a year in prison.
6) Missionaries get imprisoned for a year for preaching about Joseph Smith (Even though I am a secularist, and I do feel sorry for the poor fool, this does make me smile).

It ain't all [STRIKE]apple pie[/STRIKE] balaclava and sheesha.