Why doesn’t law enforcement prosecute scientology

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Robmisek, Nov 22, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Robmisek

Robmisek New Member

i was watching the Remini show where she was asked this question.

She started to reply “print this” and her answer was edited out of the show.

Do you have the answer?

2. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

My biggest guess is that is that victim testimonial will backfire with cultists defending Ron, the choich and COB, etc...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  3. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

What are they going to prosecute them for? There has to be some specific law broken. Most of scientology's "crimes" are in relation to morality rather than legality.

Then you have to be prepared to face a multi-billion-dollar organization in court knowing that this organization is quite happy to fill the courtroom with numerous high-powered lawyers whose main aim is to drag out the case for years and years until the complainant either runs out of money or simply gives up out of sheer frustration.

Lawrence Wollersheim spent over 20 years in court battles against them.

Laura de Crescenzo has had a court case ongoing since 2009 and it is nowhere near being finished.

Luis Garcia filed a lawsuit against them in 2013 and it's still ongoing.

Monique Rathbun's case against them was still ongoing after 3 years until she mysteriously gave it up.

Also, the scientology organization will put private investigators onto anyone involved in a lawsuit against them and this applies to law enforcement officers as much as private individuals. So any law enforcement agency that decides to prosecute them had better be confident that the CofS won't find any dirty secrets on their officers or lawyers.

I suspect these are just some of the reasons why law enforcement doesn't prosecute scientology.

4. Robmisek

Robmisek New Member

Are you suggesting that the affect that Scientology has on people is less damaging than Weinstein flipping his bird, or the free love and drugs of the 60’s and beyond which is currently destroying perpetrators in the media.