What's new

Why I Stayed So Long in Scientology: The People!

uniquemand

Unbeliever
This is a great thread Alanzo ... I too thought I had found 'my people' when I got in but then gradually realised the reality .... and spent lonely years (and years and years) and then found this board and blew charge that I didn't even know I had ... :eyeroll:

You people here on ESMB are 'my people' and I love you all dearly along with all our idiosyncrasies and foibles (and I don't even care if that seems silly ... not having actually 'met' most of you) ... :blush:

I am regaining an ability ... it's called 'the ability to like people again'.

:thankyou:

Very nice to see! I still love the people who become Scientologists. I am very happy for them when they exit the cult, but their high ideals and willingness to work to address a problem are admirable qualities, even if they are supporting something that I no longer support.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is a great thread Alanzo ... I too thought I had found 'my people' when I got in but then gradually realised the reality .... and spent lonely years (and years and years) and then found this board and blew charge that I didn't even know I had ... :eyeroll:

You people here on ESMB are 'my people' and I love you all dearly along with all our idiosyncrasies and foibles (and I don't even care if that seems silly ... not having actually 'met' most of you) ... :blush:

I am regaining an ability ... it's called 'the ability to like people again'.

:thankyou:

I duplicate this whole post really well, Trouble. And I too am finding charge I didn't know I had and it's a wonderful feeling.

-TL