What's new

Why it is important to STRIP !

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
I know an OT 8 who got raped in the parking lot of PAC, on the Sunset Blvd. side - she was sent to ethics for her handling after.

:puke:

I've heard so many stories like this -- I know someone who was molested when she was 4. When that came up in session she had to run earlier similar overts in session to F/N. Then it was "handled" (not).

I hope that OT8 is OUT and getting some real help for that.

-TL

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
I really hated "HE &R"!!! If anyone had any normal emotions-such as

ANGER :angry: when you're getting screwed by the reg.

GRIEF :bigcry: When you need to get home but you're being "briefed" until midnight with no end in sight

APATHY :no: The day you realize that the insane demands on your life, family and finance ARE NEVER GONNA' END if you stay in the cult!!!

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
SRA was one of my favorites and I still use it to this day. Make it go right, I ended up really hating as well as your least favorite, You must have pulled it in.

Love and Respect

Bob

Being long gone before DM's tenure, I have no idea what SRA means...what does it mean? Thanks

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Being long gone before DM's tenure, I have no idea what SRA means...what does it mean? Thanks

SRA = Severe Reality Adjustment

I generally use the term now in a joking way, no violence or coercion or anything. But just that fact that the term originated with DM makes me not want to use it any more.

http://www.scientology-cult.com/secret-history-of-david-miscavige.html
"About '79, while Miscavige was Action Chief, he coined the phrase "severe reality adjustment" also known as "SRA", which was in store for anyone who raised a question, was hesitant to comply or who just plain disagreed."

Last edited:

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
:puke:

I've heard so many stories like this -- I know someone who was molested when she was 4. When that came up in session she had to run earlier similar overts in session to F/N. Then it was "handled" (not).

I hope that OT8 is OUT and getting some real help for that.

-TL

Someone PM'ed me that knew her and got the story from this OT 8 when they were both at Flag for the handling (that they made her PAY for).

I don't knwo if she is out or not. She did go right back on staff when she was done with her ethics handling for being raped.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I heard SRA long before DM squirrelled the perfect tech. It's a source concept Im affraid. It wasnt physical abuse, just when some prat in a sea org hat put his face two inches from your ear and told you you were down stat, even when you wernt!

But what I loved most was always being the who, my boss could never look at her own lack of ability it had to be my fault, if the GI was down it wasnt her inability to reg, it was mine for not randomly routing the right prospect to her. It should have been good for my self esteem to be cause over her stats, but you see if she was upstat it had nothing to do with me!

Has anyone ever done an evaluation and found that the why was simply that the tech didnt work? even when properly applied!

JinLing

Patron
Telling someone that they must have pulled something in is incredibly evil.

IMO, it's a WRONG INDICATION.

Essentially, anybody who is saying such a thing to anyone is trying to "cave them in". It's a form of "black dianetics". When I hear someone has said something like that, or that the person "deserved it" (DEDEX, DED, etc.), it is a clear beacon, to me, that such a person should be treated (in session) as an overwhelming influence: spot where they have made wrong indications, rehab the correct indication, and then prepcheck the terminal. In my LIFE, when I run into a person making "wrong indications" to me, I put a distance between them and me.

Of course they dont say to you "You pulled it in, stupid"

Theyll say it as youre responsible for whatever condition you end up in. I dont have the ethicsbook anymore, but there is a line in that book that is something like that responsibility is to be cause over all intentions and counterintentions on all dynamics (its not exactly phrased like that, i know, but something like it). Guess what. That makes you responsible for every singel thing that happens to anyone or yourself on this planet in form of postulates.

THAT totally caved me in, cause that is what i tried to live by, so every time i saw people suffer anywhere i felt like i had to do something about it, well i still do, but i dont feel the same heavy GUILT that i felt all the time back then.

Like it was ALL my fault because of my postulates.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Of course they dont say to you "You pulled it in, stupid"

Theyll say it as youre responsible for whatever condition you end up in. I dont have the ethicsbook anymore, but there is a line in that book that is something like that responsibility is to be cause over all intentions and counterintentions on all dynamics (its not exactly phrased like that, i know, but something like it). Guess what. That makes you responsible for every singel thing that happens to anyone or yourself on this planet in form of postulates.

THAT totally caved me in, cause that is what i tried to live by, so every time i saw people suffer anywhere i felt like i had to do something about it, well i still do, but i dont feel the same heavy GUILT that i felt all the time back then.

Like it was ALL my fault because of my postulates.

I think on some level "spiritually" we do pull things in--but it's a very different thing to the "blame game". Ethics doesn't include compassion. To tell an OT8 that she "pulled in a rape" is to invalidate both OT8 and the Victim.

I had great "cognitive dissonance" with the idea that 200+ plane crash victims could have "pulled it in" but, since then I have observed so many breaches of the laws of probability that such events are now (for me at least) no longer outside the realms of possibility. The one advantage of my viewpoint is that it does include compassion.

Remember the Concorde disaster? It was eventually found that one of the tyres had picked up a DC10 engine bracket that had been refitted with the wrong screws. This bracket cut a huge piece of rubber out of the tyre which was flung into the wing/fuel tank. We all know about the plane subsequently plowing into a hotel building.

The bit I still fail to understand is why BOAC/Concorde copped the fines yet there is no evidence that action was taken against the dickhead technician who used the wrong screws when re-fitting the DC10 engine bracket.

Lives aside, we also lost a beautiful piece of engineering.

JinLing

Patron
I would say that as a grownup a person pull in some situations because of their actions, yes. But to say everyone pulled everything in that happened to them i think is to mindcontrol people. You better watch out what youre thinking if this is really how it is!! and when you start to try to control your own thinking, then it gets pretty hard to live.

I can tell you that i was told so many times that i have to be careful what i postulate, to the degree i was scared to think. And of course i got thoughts i wished i never had and so on. When im not in scientology, this is not a problem anymore. I dont care what i think, because its just thoughts. and the thoughts are much more often just good, now that i dont need to have that pressure on me.

To look at things a certain way and then act on it is a different thing for me, of course if you are a positive and strong person that thinks that things will go well, then they are more likely to go well.

But i think its crazy to consider for example that a child that is abused pulled it in somehow. But i met a lot of scientologists that do think so.

I know how they think, that to see how you can be cause makes you more able to solve things, but there is a point were a person is just completely heartbroken, and then i also think some compassion will fit, not a seccheck.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Having gone so completely into "Spiritualist" culture, as opposed to adopting a specific doctrine, it would seem that even SIDS babies come into the world just for the purpose of a very short life. Quite what the parents are meant to get out of this I haven't figured, but it is also suggested that SIDS is the result of body/spirit misalignment--the ideal opportunity for a "walk-in" that has been missed. Medically, the only answer that has come out of $millions, is "sleep your baby on its back."

For myself, I had this overwhelming belief that there was something I had to do to help "change" the planet, but now that has been replaced with the knowledge that I have done whatever it was (even if I still don't know what it was).

I guess that means that on a Spiritual Level I have the right to Retire and collect a spiritual pension--perhaps starting a church will ensure that Pension materializes. :D

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
I heard SRA long before DM squirrelled the perfect tech. It's a source concept Im affraid. It wasnt physical abuse, just when some prat in a sea org hat put his face two inches from your ear and told you you were down stat, even when you wernt!

But what I loved most was always being the who, my boss could never look at her own lack of ability it had to be my fault, if the GI was down it wasnt her inability to reg, it was mine for not randomly routing the right prospect to her. It should have been good for my self esteem to be cause over her stats, but you see if she was upstat it had nothing to do with me!

Has anyone ever done an evaluation and found that the why was simply that the tech didnt work? even when properly applied!

I see you worked in the reg office - I do understand.

Anyone who properly evaluated and discovered the tech didn't work is prolly on this web site!

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Then my shiny black rose, I can probably say that those trying to do evals havent yet cogged, to LFBD F/N that their tech lacks a little workability.

Or theyre just affraid of the security guards at the door.

Coming back to the black rose thing, I might just try that, cut a rose, put it in ink rather than water, and it should change to black. You can then dry it, and have a dried black rose. You can make daffodills barbie pink, apparently, by hollowing a beetroot, placing the daffodill bulb in the hollow after it's flowered and leaving it in the shed, plant it still in the beetroot late autumn and you have a really sickly pink flower.

Well I know it might be odd behaviour but its easier than trying to clear a planet that's made of rock and mud.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Then my shiny black rose, I can probably say that those trying to do evals havent yet cogged, to LFBD F/N that their tech lacks a little workability.

Or theyre just affraid of the security guards at the door.

Coming back to the black rose thing, I might just try that, cut a rose, put it in ink rather than water, and it should change to black. You can then dry it, and have a dried black rose. You can make daffodills barbie pink, apparently, by hollowing a beetroot, placing the daffodill bulb in the hollow after it's flowered and leaving it in the shed, plant it still in the beetroot late autumn and you have a really sickly pink flower.

Well I know it might be odd behaviour but its easier than trying to clear a planet that's made of rock and mud.

I love black roses. While there are no true black rose bushes that you can grow, I would like to add a "black rose" bush to my personal and small collection: http://www.growquest.com/rose black_baccara.htm

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Well I see why you like the Black Baccara, it's lovely. And not that expensive.

I love tigerstripe roses. There used to be some in Sainthill. White roses with red stripes. It's not gentic though, apparently its a virus, but its very pretty. Ive seen them in quite a few old gardens in England.

I like best of all roses that stink of perfume, oh yes!

Have you ever had rose petal jam? Now thats what I call indulgence.

Sorry I must go and throw a bucket of cold water over myself, all this excitment is too much.

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi Finally Free! I meant to ask if anyone had the recipe. Unfortunately I don't, but would love one too. I have lots of roses!

ULRC/S

Patron with Honors
Regarding 200 people dying in a plane crash - I also DO NOT believe "they pulled it in". No more than a rabit has pulled it in when he's shot at 300 meters by a hunter.

But I do believe that most of them went onto that plane like sheep, without making a positive postulate that this trip will be 100% OK. The same with the rabitt - he's not expecting to meet a bullet at supersonic speed, hence never allows for it.

Before I do anything with the tiniest risk, I make such a postulate, even to the point of walking down stairs with an armful of collected dishes.

I have never had any accident (bike riding, car driving, stair decending etc) when I have made such a postulate - but I've had enough when I've forgotten to, or before I started this practice.

Try it.

Regards, Allen