What's new

Willow and Jaden Smith's bizarre interview

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
I want to be the most durable person on the planet," Jaden said.

I don't know about you exes, but that phrase pings my Co$ bullshit meter. Kids generally say "in the world" not "on the planet". And durable? Like smashing one's name into history?

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron

This article is actually hilarious and a perfect summation, though just that line about "exploding skulls" doesn't make sense out of context.

It is becoming increasingly clear that an interview with Jaden Smith is a journey though a dazzling palace of utter nonsense. Yesterday’s interview in the New York Times about his new album, Cool Tapes Vol. 2, proved this beyond all doubt.

Nobody in Hollywood does clattering incomprehensibility better than Jaden Smith. Aside, that is, from his 14-year-old sister Willow, who sat in on the chat (she’s also got an EP out, called 3).

In fact, the only way to get through the interview is to treat the whole thing as a game of Bullshit Tennis between Jade and Willow.
For example, when asked the ostensibly simple question “What are you reading?”, Willow makes a bold start by replying: “Quantum physics. Osho.”

In most situations, that would be an unbeatable response. But then, completely out of leftfield, Jaden manages to counter her nonsense with the bewildering: “The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life and ancient texts; things that can’t be pre-dated.”

Now the game is afoot. Oh sure, Willow, you’re reading the teachings of an Indian mystic from the 1960s, but Jaden is reading stuff so old that science can’t even pinpoint its origin. His mind vibrates on a higher plane than yours. Surely it’s all over.

But wait! Ancient texts be damned – there isn’t a single author, living or dead, who can match Willow Smith for outright profundity, and this is something that she will readily admit. She dives to the ground, outstretches her arm and says: “There are no novels that I like to read, so I write my own novels, and then I read them again, and it’s the best thing.”

Game Willow. New subject: the duality of the mind. Jaden to serve: “When you’re thinking about something happy, you’re thinking about something sad. When you think about an apple, you also think about the opposite of an apple”.

Aced it. Willow, temporarily unsure of what the opposite of an apple is (a pear? A tiger? Istanbul?), loses concentration and concedes a point. She has one last chance to win this. Everything rests on what she is about to say: “I went to school for one year. It was the best experience but the worst experience. The best experience because I was, like, ‘Oh, now I know why kids are so depressed.’ But it was the worst experience because I was depressed.”

The game is abandoned, because everyone in the crowd just died of an exploding skull. Their father, Will Smith, wouldn’t have got away with any of this back in West Philadelphia.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
My cynical eye is saying clever kids they have the world talking about them. Couldn't ask for more publicity for their music.

No publicity is bad publicity, right?

Pity the whole planet thinks them uneducated arrogant rich kids. Is it worth afew more sales kids? This is going to follow you for a while.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
This is what happens when your kids attend "Emperor Klaktu University."

Portland Mercury: This is what happens when your kids attend "Emperor Klaktu University."
http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/one-day-at-a-time/Content?oid=14313422

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

oneday-570x300.jpg

JADEN SMITH This is what happens when your kids attend "Emperor Klaktu University."

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 17

Now we're not saying that Will Smith is a Scientologist (though many others do)—we're just saying Scientology is weird, and Will's kids Jaden and Willow Smith are weird... so you do the math. Today Jaden and Willow gave an interview to the New York Times magazine blog, and it's a cross between Clueless and the last 40 minutes of Apocalypse Now. Here are some excerpts (don't try any calculus problems while reading this... your brain won't be able to handle it): When asked what books they're currently reading, Willow responds "Quantum physics. Osho," while Jaden replies, "The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life and ancient texts; things that can't be pre-dated." (OH REALLY.) When asked about their "experience of time," 14-year-old Willow says, "for me, I can make it go slow or fast, however I please—and that's how I know it doesn't exist." (Good to know!) Meanwhile, 16-year-old Jaden says that "how time moves for you depends on where you are in the universe. But on the level of being here on Earth, if you are aware in a moment, one second can last a year. And if you are unaware, your whole childhood, your whole life can pass by in six seconds. But it's also such a thing that you can get lost in." "Because living," Willow responds. "YES! YES!! BECAUSE LIVING!!" squealed Scientology spokesalien Emperor Klaktu from atop his throne of skulls on the distant planet of Rigel VII. "Dudes. We are SO glad Prince Jaden and Princess Willow will be ruling alongside Empress Suri Cruise on that great day of Scientology's intergalactic reckoning. It's gonna be WICKED GNARLY, brah... as long as the kind bud doesn't run out, y'know. HEY! Pass the bong, Daddy Klaktu needs a rip. Ooh... then we can go to Wendy's!"

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

silk spectre

It's always frustrating, when uneducated people ramble about the senselessness of formal education. What angers me, is that spoiled brats like Jaden + Willow do that, when in other parts of the world, children would be all happy about receiving education or some are even threatened, when they try to. (Think of Malala) And I seriously doubt, that either one of them would even pass the cover page of 'quantum physics' - which wouldn't even be a bad thing, as the subject matter is so complicated. :eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll:
Their world view seems so limited and pathetic, all they see is themselves, which in a way is typical for teenagers. But normally, teenagers have to learn their limits. I wonder if they will ever have to do that.

Here in Europe, home-schooling is forbidden and the state controls private schools to make sure the quality of education. Reading the interview, this is so justified.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here in Europe, home-schooling is forbidden and the state controls private schools to make sure the quality of education. Reading the interview, this is so justified.
I don´t know in which country you are living but at least in some countries of middle europe home schooling is allowed - the kids only have to pass a test every year.

silk spectre

I don´t know in which country you are living but at least in some countries of middle europe home schooling is allowed - the kids only have to pass a test every year.
Oh dear. That's correct. I live in Germany and here it's forbidden. Wanted to write this at first but screwed it up. Happens when your mind is far away and busy with making plans for the weekend. ;)

secretiveoldfag

It's always frustrating, when uneducated people ramble about the senselessness of formal education. What angers me, is that spoiled brats like Jaden + Willow do that, when in other parts of the world, children would be all happy about receiving education or some are even threatened, when they try to. (Think of Malala) And I seriously doubt, that either one of them would even pass the cover page of 'quantum physics' - which wouldn't even be a bad thing, as the subject matter is so complicated. :eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll:
Their world view seems so limited and pathetic, all they see is themselves, which in a way is typical for teenagers. But normally, teenagers have to learn their limits. I wonder if they will ever have to do that.

All the more typical of the hypocritical double-standards of Hubbardism is that Jaden, Willow and their Dad have been used as a poster family to advertise Hubbard's Applied Scholastics in Spanish-speaking Caribbean islands.

https://clearsantodomingo.wordpress.com/2008/07/04/el-colegio-de-will-smith/

Even without Spanish the message is plain enough: follow Hubbard's methods and study hard at school and you will end up rich as the Smiths.

kao

Patron
i disagree.

i love that these kids have such open minds and are reading things that everyone should.

selfawareness, physics, osho, energy...thats 'life'.

non traditional doesn't mean cult or hippi yuppi

may the next generation bring far more self awareness and wisdom than the present.

good luck willow and jaden.

Anonycat

Crusader
I don't know about you exes, but that phrase pings my Co$ bullshit meter. Kids generally say "in the world" not "on the planet". And durable? Like smashing one's name into history?

Don't your kids say "this is my favorite kind of spaghetti on the planet"?

BunnySkull

i disagree.

i love that these kids have such open minds and are reading things that everyone should.

may the next generation bring far more self awareness and wisdom than the present.

Did you actually read the New York blog interview? These kids are merely throwing around shit they thinks sounds "deep," but it's painfully obvious they haven't a clue what they are talking about. It's actually embarrassing to read the crap they are spewing. This is why everyone is laughing at them rather than patting them on the back for being intellectually curious.

It would be different if they actually grasped the concepts or could speak intelligently about ANY of the various ideas and texts they flippantly name drop, but sadly it's only name dropping. I'm sure yet another habit they picked up in Hollywood.

Then to go to such lengths to bullshit in the interview about their vast knowledge and turn around an shit all over the idea of formal education or "going to school" - it's scary and terribly reckless. (Also, hilarious because the interview stands as proof as to exactly why formal education is vital.) Enough kids in the USA don't take education seriously enough and end up struggling to survive because they can't get jobs outside of the Wal-Mart zone, to have two "celebrity" kids with gold spoons in their mouths bad mouthing school and formal education is merely more proof of their ignorance and arrogance.

Last edited:

Anonycat

Crusader
i disagree.

If a child student has no real education, there is no progress. Let's see what these bright young mids have to tell us about physics:

When asked about their "experience of time," 14-year-old Willow says, "for me, I can make it go slow or fast, however I please—and that's how I know it doesn't exist." (Good to know!) Meanwhile, 16-year-old Jaden says that "how time moves for you depends on where you are in the universe. But on the level of being here on Earth, if you are aware in a moment, one second can last a year. And if you are unaware, your whole childhood, your whole life can pass by in six seconds. But it's also such a thing that you can get lost in." "Because living," Willow responds. "YES! YES!! BECAUSE LIVING!!"

No. Get these kids in school. I know they have millions of their own, and will never have to cook for themselves, or drive themselves anywhere, or have to shop for their own food, but shit, give them some kind of an education. That's the least their parents could do.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Did you actually read the New York blog interview? These kids are merely throwing around shit they thinks sounds "deep," but it's painfully obvious they haven't a clue what they are talking about. It's actually embarrassing to read the crap they are spewing. This is why everyone is laughing at them rather than patting them on the back for being intellectually curious.

It would be different if they actually grasped the concepts or could speak intelligently about ANY of the various ideas and texts they flippantly name drop, but sadly it's only name dropping. I'm sure yet another habit they picked up in Hollywood.

Then to go to such lengths to bullshit in the interview about their vast knowledge and turn around an shit all over the idea of formal education or "going to school" - it's scary and terribly reckless. (Also, hilarious because the interview stands as proof as to exactly why formal education is vital.) Enough kids in the USA don't take education seriously enough and end up struggling to survive because they can't get jobs outside of the Wal-Mart zone, to have two "celebrity" kids with gold spoons in their mouths bad mouthing school and formal education is merely more proof of their ignorance and arrogance.

Yes, Bunnyskull, that's right. And that's why they're called "kids". See, kids do stuff like that. They haven't lived as long as you and I.

Get it?

kao

Patron
Of course i read the article. I had posted it to another blog last week and had much positive feedback agreeing with myself.

They are being taught to be good people. And Osho is a great thing to read for anyone. http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/2856822.Osho

I don't like that they are in the entertainment field so young. That leads to entitlement and trouble.

But i do think that if they are writing their own thoughts, expanding and questioning things, being good humans, it's wonderful.

They aren't on the street doing drugs or being bad people. They are super creative kids. ..they are nurturing that. I like that.

They DO need school i agree with you all, but school in my opinion, needs to change as our culture changes and home schooling is just fine.

I would NOT want to attend public school if i were young again.

The most important thing i ever learned were when i was out of school.

Their answers were wonderful to hear and not rubbish. They aren't thinking inside the box like too much of our society.

It's all about consciousness and perception.

I am offended that some of you laughed at my comment. I have my opinion, you have yours.

They are tuned to a higher consciousness as are all children, and maybe people just dont understand them and think they are silly, irresponsible etc.

I think they are brilliant.

Don't bash what you don't understand please.

love.

Last edited:

kao

Patron

agree, i don't like that statement.

kao

Patron
[UR

A. WILLOW: Quantum physics. Osho.

JADEN:
"The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life" and ancient texts; things that can't be pre-dated.

The Flower of Life geometry is directly connected to the church of scientology. You will probably find the connection if you search for it. The ancient secret of- by Drunvalo Malkezedeck is fascinating and the meditation method is fascinating. It changed my life- alot. Osho tech, is probably also directly connected to the church.

Sacred Geometry is the blueprint of our existence. If the church tried to connect it, it wouldn't surprise me because they steal bits of wisdom and warp it.
Osho is wonderful thoughts for anyone.

kao

Patron
http://www.laineygossip.com/Willow-and-Jaden-Smiths-crazy-interview-in-the-New-York-Times/31892

(excerpt)

The Science of Willow & Jaden Smith

If you haven’t already, you have to read the New York Times interview with Willow, 14, and Jaden, 16, Smith. It’s a mind f-ck. It’s such a mind f-ck that I don’t know even know how to analyse it. Except to say that for all that the Smith family does to directly address speculation that they’re heavily involved in Scientology, you have to wonder what part Scientology has played in their development. Some. But it’s also fame. It’s also fame-entitlement.

Middle class kids simply don’t have the luxury to go to regular school as an experiment and then stop going to regular school – in favour of a school inside their heads? I’m not actually sure. They don’t specify but they do say it’s not “normal” school – because they don’t find it to be “authentic”. Willow and Jaden Smith will never need “normal” school because they’re already set up. And thus they’ve been encouraged by two parents to go and … find their dreams, or something.

What they’ve found is… a new science?

They talk a lot of science and, like, metaphysics. And something called Prana energy. Which is…how babies breathe?

Is that what Xenu is all about? To remove the alien toxins from our systems so that we can return to the pure state we were in when we were in the womb?

They arent' learning scientology, its ENERGY...not everything has to be connected to xenu because the parents once were dabbling in the cult.

kao

Patron
I've always had a fondness for "weird."

Obviously, they're pampered, but - in the long run, with a little luck - they'll turn out alright.

And some of the things they say - for their age - are interesting.

Here's a couple of kids, a little younger, a lot simpler, but, IMO, they're OK also.

[video=youtube;x-peyp7ZD6g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-peyp7ZD6g[/video]

I fully agree with you and feel as though i have to defend myself on this thread.
These kids are learning things that are fundamentals to how i think/feel and to bash that hurts me.
We are not here to judge someones parenting style.

bless,

Last edited: