What's new

Workable Tech Forum

OldAuditor

Patron with Honors
A tardy response to Veda's initial posting

Veda,

I appreciate that you started this thread but I failed to read your post carefully enough. Otherwise I would have jumped in sooner with some additional information:

This seems like an excellent idea.

It focuses entirely on the "positives."

The "negatives" - necessary for a complete picture of the background and doctrine of Scientology - are ignored.

Negatives are explored for the very reason you stated. One has to look at both to understand why a decision was made and whether the result was worthwhile. Dissent is encouraged. Invalidation is discouraged.

I don't share Old Auditor's notion that Scientology was not a cult until Miscavige came along. I think that's extremely naive.

IMO, Scientology was a cult - a "destructive cult" - by the 1960s.

I agree completely. Scientology became a cult with the creation of the Sea Org as its militant priesthood in the late sixties and KSW #1 as it primary dogma.

For those who have never looked at the details of cult behavior, I wrote Are you now, or have you ever been a member of a cult?
Interestingly enough there are ex-SO and ex-scientologists who still do not believe they were in a cult. Read my article and decide for yourself.

AnonKat

Crusader
Veda,

I appreciate that you started this thread but I failed to read your post carefully enough. Otherwise I would have jumped in sooner with some additional information:

Negatives are explored for the very reason you stated. One has to look at both to understand why a decision was made and whether the result was worthwhile. Dissent is encouraged. Invalidation is discouraged.

I agree completely. Scientology became a cult with the creation of the Sea Org as its militant priesthood in the late sixties and KSW #1 as it primary dogma.

For those who have never looked at the details of cult behavior, I wrote Are you now, or have you ever been a member of a cult?
Interestingly enough there are ex-SO and ex-scientologists who still do not believe they were in a cult. Read my article and decide for yourself.

yes yes yes yes yes