What's new

Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Scientology Beliefs

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
It is painful to have to write this as any ex here could have and somebody should have before now .:duh:

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

In plain English, here are the core religious beliefs of scientology:

Scientology Beliefs

1. Planet Earth is a prison. The vast majority of human beings – and billions of invisible other beings – are its inmates.

2. Xenu is the name of scientology’s Satan who established Earth as a prison and transported billions of beings to serve as its inmates.

3. Our continued imprisonment is assured by ‘psychs.’ ‘Psychs’ are defined as psychiatrists, psychologists, psycho-therapists, priests, ministers, and anyone else practicing in the field of the mind and spirit. Psychs were sent here from a planet called ‘Farsec.’ They are a special breed of being created and invested with the sole purpose of keeping humankind mentally imprisoned.

4. Ron Hubbard is the first to discover the truth of 1 through 3 above, and the only one to have devised a means of escaping the prison planet.

5. Navigation through the only hole in the wall consists of closely emulating Hubbard and behaving as he did when he lived.

6. Enemies, including psychs as well as anyone expressing any doubt or reservation about these beliefs, must be destroyed by any means necessary by scientologists. Such means include lying, suing, cheating, harassing, intimidating, blackmailing, smearing and by physical violence.

7. Scientology ‘technology’ consists of a sophisticated mix of pop psychology and hypnotism carefully designed and administered so as to lead people to wholeheartedly accept and live according to these beliefs.

8. When a scientologist has expended all of his best efforts in the vain pursuit of these beliefs he is expected to ‘discard’ his body so that he may continue to pursue them without such a physical ‘impediment’.

Whether the ultimate belief, number 8 above, constitutes suicide is a wholly subjective question of religious belief.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

Okay , there is a point that Tony Ortega and very few other press get right that is crucial to accurately portray Scientology and what Scientologists actually believe .Marty should never have gotten some things wrong , he should have known better . The Xenu story ( taken almost wholecloth from OAHSPE - itself an earlier cult text noted for the possible first use of the term starship . It has the idea of evil spirits influencing people and health . It also has the phrase wall of fire verbatim and the idea of cycles for civilizations , the idea of grades of progress for an individual to a better spiritual state , you can authenticate my ideas by reading this insane cult text : http://www.oahspe.ws/ or about it here :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oahspe:_A_New_Bible ) is a SECRET doctrine while you are actually IN .

I was in for 25 years , on staff , joined the SO , lived in the Excalibur building in NY , lived in LA and was on the KTL/LOC evolution and met hundreds of Scientologists and never once heard Xenu . I have met hundreds of exes or indies who all say that they never heard of BTs either while in . So others have bothered to ask and consistently report exes claim that about 90-95% of us never do or learn the content of the OT levels while in . They are like a carrot to keep us going and when we proceed we use our imagination to inspire reaching for the carrot , always just out of reach . When you get it - like in other long cons - you discover it tastes awful and you imagined how great this shitty rotten fake ass carrot would be and persuaded yourself to work and sacrifice for the carrot . That is key to understanding the con and the pyramidal information structure within Scientology - like in other cults and totalist groups .Similarly with Farsec - it is an obscure very rare idea that probably 99% of us never know while in . many and probably most Scientologists deny or do not have a clue how ruthless and evil Hubbard and elements of the group are in attacking others . They do not see it and look away when the small amount of proof gets to them that does .

Scientologists certainly do not believe the subject consists of pop psychology and hypnotism . They are repeatedly indoctrinated to hate and reject both those subjects and see Scientology as the opposite of them . And most do not think they should fail and discard the body . They think they should achieve immortality and live out the rest of their lives - a very small few 'end cycle ' with suicide . Hubbard wanted his marks alive to pay him and work as slaves . he puts a lot of work into making a free person a slave and sucker ; he does not want that wasted ! Look , I do not love criticizing writers as it is not fun to be criticized myself but Marty and anyone accepting this as authentic have some critical thinking and examination to do - a lot . This combines the actual beliefs while in , the esoteric upper levels which he should know very few ever see while in , crimes hidden from most while in and committed by a very few , an analysis of the tech that somebody like me NOW would do NEVER while in , and a rare interpretation of how to end cycle that is almost never done .

He combines trying to reveal what Scientology really is , what it pretends to be and what Hubbard intended into one idea that is over 80% inaccurate to describe what Scientologists believe - while in Scientology the main cult . He may be confused and working out the ideas himself and working out how to write for never ins as well . Point 6 is one you learn usually when out or tergeted for attack yourself ! For point 1 the invisible beings is often barely touched as relevant until the OT levels . Point 2 not revealed etc. . Point 3 , how many of you heard of Farsec ? Be honest , not many . Point 7- that is never in the doctrine and usually found while exit counseling AFTER leaving the cult . It is the heart of the con and disagreed with brutally by Hubbard . And point 8 as I said a rare act .When you write for a never in if you have an adult pre cult identity you have to regress to that and not integrate all your cult experiences as normal and understood or you will skip and misrepresent things that are needed . Marty may or may not be a good person , but he has written a very poor representation of Scientologists beliefs . It is a complex subject and mashing together obscure doctrine may make it look like he has the inside track but it is a track almost no one is on so it cannot be their belief !

I am sorry to say the accuracy of six of his eight points is poor to outright wrong . We believed Earth was a prison planet and Hubbard was the only one to discover the means to escape but all the other points have some or a lot of problems in showing what Scientologists actually believe . There is a responsibility in undoing Scientology of reversing Hubbard's methodology . He confuses with mountains of lies ( and contradictions to make a double bind ) , sublime writing , fallacies , embedded commands , triggering and controlloing psychological defense mechanisms , repetition to instill deep subconscious patterns of emotion thought and behavior , and other hypnotic and rhetorical methods that rely on creating and keeping vulnerability through that confusion . When one writes for Scientologists and exes the resposiblity of undoing that confusion by being clear and keeping ideas and facts clearly separate is vital .

There are Scientology beliefs while in . There are actions done while in . There are things hidden via denial and dissociation and traumas and stress that Scientologists experience while in and after leaving . There are methods of mind control and creating slaves as pseudo clones submissibe blindly to Hubbard while in and the aftereffects of leaving . There are the hidden upper doctrine in the pyramidal cult struture that very few learn and fewer follow regarding crimes against enemies and critics . There are other upper level cult doctrine for different purposes different victims are indoctrinated in .There are very rare doctrine and actions that you , as a writer can impress people by knowing , but really are a red herring as they do not represent Scientology for almost all Scientologists .

Marty is learning how to write and has elements of several good stories here but they are combined in a way that makes something else .
And you guys know better . The confusion in Scientology to come off needs you to divide the subject into many parts for analysis : what Hubbard said openly like DMSMH and TWTH then what he says a little deeper like KSW the student hat and the staff statuses and academy levels . Then follow the path as it progresses seeing the increase in the undue influence and demands . Also see what the Scientologist believes and how they are changed by the "technology" on the path . It is vital to see how they unknowingly influence their own mind internally . See how the group functions via social psychology while this occurs . See how they interact with outsiders whether press , friends , or family or critics .

You also need to see the dual beliefs cultists have - one set for insiders that shifts as you progress within the pyramid and another for outsiders that you have a double think develop on . The internal beliefs shift ( like in all cults )from false promises of betterment and kindness to ruthless hate and using fear and internalized dissonance to motivate projection onto acceptable targets for disgust and any crime as they are seen as resposible for all imperfection , negative emotions and unhappiness and so less than human and deserving eradication . That is the kind of thing you need to separate out to see what Scientology simply is .

Most of you guys know this and could have written a better and more accurate article .

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm a never-in and I read the OTIII material on the net.

I never died from pneumonia!

Does this mean I don't read very well?

Signed,
Worried:nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

You are not alone, even the NY Times noticed that conundrum!
Closing a short article about it with:

"In the purloined scripture, Scientologists warn that unauthorized readers can die of pneumonia. No epidemic has been reported." MIKE ALLEN NY-TIMES

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
It is painful to have to write this as any ex here could have and somebody should have before now .:duh:

Okay , there is a point that Tony Ortega and very few other press get right that is crucial to accurately portray Scientology and what Scientologists actually believe .Marty should never have gotten some things wrong , he should have known better . The Xenu story ( taken almost wholecloth from OAHSPE - itself an earlier cult text noted for the possible first use of the term starship . It has the idea of evil spirits influencing people and health . It also has the phrase wall of fire verbatim and the idea of cycles for civilizations , the idea of grades of progress for an individual to a better spiritual state , you can authenticate my ideas by reading this insane cult text : http://www.oahspe.ws/ or about it here :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oahspe:_A_New_Bible ) is a SECRET doctrine while you are actually IN .

I was in for 25 years , on staff , joined the SO , lived in the Excalibur building in NY , lived in LA and was on the KTL/LOC evolution and met hundreds of Scientologists and never once heard Xenu . I have met hundreds of exes or indies who all say that they never heard of BTs either while in . So others have bothered to ask and consistently report exes claim that about 90-95% of us never do or learn the content of the OT levels while in . They are like a carrot to keep us going and when we proceed we use our imagination to inspire reaching for the carrot , always just out of reach . When you get it - like in other long cons - you discover it tastes awful and you imagined how great this shitty rotten fake ass carrot would be and persuaded yourself to work and sacrifice for the carrot . That is key to understanding the con and the pyramidal information structure within Scientology - like in other cults and totalist groups .Similarly with Farsec - it is an obscure very rare idea that probably 99% of us never know while in . many and probably most Scientologists deny or do not have a clue how ruthless and evil Hubbard and elements of the group are in attacking others . They do not see it and look away when the small amount of proof gets to them that does .

Scientologists certainly do not believe the subject consists of pop psychology and hypnotism . They are repeatedly indoctrinated to hate and reject both those subjects and see Scientology as the opposite of them . And most do not think they should fail and discard the body . They think they should achieve immortality and live out the rest of their lives - a very small few 'end cycle ' with suicide . Hubbard wanted his marks alive to pay him and work as slaves . he puts a lot of work into making a free person a slave and sucker ; he does not want that wasted ! Look , I do not love criticizing writers as it is not fun to be criticized myself but Marty and anyone accepting this as authentic have some critical thinking and examination to do - a lot . This combines the actual beliefs while in , the esoteric upper levels which he should know very few ever see while in , crimes hidden from most while in and committed by a very few , an analysis of the tech that somebody like me NOW would do NEVER while in , and a rare interpretation of how to end cycle that is almost never done .

He combines trying to reveal what Scientology really is , what it pretends to be and what Hubbard intended into one idea that is over 80% inaccurate to describe what Scientologists believe - while in Scientology the main cult . He may be confused and working out the ideas himself and working out how to write for never ins as well . Point 6 is one you learn usually when out or tergeted for attack yourself ! For point 1 the invisible beings is often barely touched as relevant until the OT levels . Point 2 not revealed etc. . Point 3 , how many of you heard of Farsec ? Be honest , not many . Point 7- that is never in the doctrine and usually found while exit counseling AFTER leaving the cult . It is the heart of the con and disagreed with brutally by Hubbard . And point 8 as I said a rare act .When you write for a never in if you have an adult pre cult identity you have to regress to that and not integrate all your cult experiences as normal and understood or you will skip and misrepresent things that are needed . Marty may or may not be a good person , but he has written a very poor representation of Scientologists beliefs . It is a complex subject and mashing together obscure doctrine may make it look like he has the inside track but it is a track almost no one is on so it cannot be their belief !

I am sorry to say the accuracy of six of his eight points is poor to outright wrong . We believed Earth was a prison planet and Hubbard was the only one to discover the means to escape but all the other points have some or a lot of problems in showing what Scientologists actually believe . There is a responsibility in undoing Scientology of reversing Hubbard's methodology . He confuses with mountains of lies ( and contradictions to make a double bind ) , sublime writing , fallacies , embedded commands , triggering and controlloing psychological defense mechanisms , repetition to instill deep subconscious patterns of emotion thought and behavior , and other hypnotic and rhetorical methods that rely on creating and keeping vulnerability through that confusion . When one writes for Scientologists and exes the resposiblity of undoing that confusion by being clear and keeping ideas and facts clearly separate is vital .

There are Scientology beliefs while in . There are actions done while in . There are things hidden via denial and dissociation and traumas and stress that Scientologists experience while in and after leaving . There are methods of mind control and creating slaves as pseudo clones submissibe blindly to Hubbard while in and the aftereffects of leaving . There are the hidden upper doctrine in the pyramidal cult struture that very few learn and fewer follow regarding crimes against enemies and critics . There are other upper level cult doctrine for different purposes different victims are indoctrinated in .There are very rare doctrine and actions that you , as a writer can impress people by knowing , but really are a red herring as they do not represent Scientology for almost all Scientologists .

Marty is learning how to write and has elements of several good stories here but they are combined in a way that makes something else .
And you guys know better . The confusion in Scientology to come off needs you to divide the subject into many parts for analysis : what Hubbard said openly like DMSMH and TWTH then what he says a little deeper like KSW the student hat and the staff statuses and academy levels . Then follow the path as it progresses seeing the increase in the undue influence and demands . Also see what the Scientologist believes and how they are changed by the "technology" on the path . It is vital to see how they unknowingly influence their own mind internally . See how the group functions via social psychology while this occurs . See how they interact with outsiders whether press , friends , or family or critics .

You also need to see the dual beliefs cultists have - one set for insiders that shifts as you progress within the pyramid and another for outsiders that you have a double think develop on . The internal beliefs shift ( like in all cults )from false promises of betterment and kindness to ruthless hate and using fear and internalized dissonance to motivate projection onto acceptable targets for disgust and any crime as they are seen as resposible for all imperfection , negative emotions and unhappiness and so less than human and deserving eradication . That is the kind of thing you need to separate out to see what Scientology simply is .

Most of you guys know this and could have written a better and more accurate article .

From the sentence I highlighted in red you seem to be presuming that Marty is writing for Scientologists and EX'es. If that were the case I would agree with a number of your criticisms, but doubt that that was the target audience. (I earlier suggested sending a link to Marty's post to media outlets because I believed that his message was intended for consumption by the general public).

Marty did say "Scientology Beliefs" not "beliefs of scientologists", and while one needs to progress through some OT levels to fully acquire a number of those beliefs, I feel that that list is pretty spot on, even if the great majority of CoS Scientologists will never agree with that.

mockingbird

Scientologys beliefs is the beliefs Scientologist have - not the mish mash of stuff Marty combined . He combined too many ideas and this will confuse more than inform never ins . Scientotology is not a separate thing from Hubbard and his flock . He told lies they believe them .

The article is inaccurate for any audience .

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
You are not alone, even the NY Times noticed that conundrum!
closing an article about it with:

"In the purloined scripture, Scientologists warn that unauthorized readers can die of pneumonia. No epidemic has been reported." MIKE ALLEN NY-TIMES

If we're being picky, Hubbard doesn't say that unauthorized readers can die of pneumonia.

In the OT3 pack it says (my bolding):

The implant is calculated to kill (by pneumonia etc) anyone who attempts to solve it. [Details re Freewheel etc].

He doesn't amplify exactly what he means by "solve" it, although obviously it should be safe to assume that if one audits it all successfully one has solved it.

In RJ67, he says (my bolding):

The mystery of this universe and this particular area of the universe has been - as far as its track is concerned - completely occluded. No one has ever been able to make any breakthrough and come off with it and know what happened. As a matter of fact, it is so occluded that, if anyone tried to penetrate it, as I'm sure many have, they died.

The material involved in this sector is so vicious that it is carefully arranged to kill anyone if he discovers the exact truth of it.

. . .

No one is in danger of colliding with this at lower levels, since it concerns the formation of the society itself in which we live.

Now, I'm not trying to pretend that all this "explanation" from Hubbard is anything other than self-serving bullshit. But if we're being picky he doesn't say that mere reading of his OT3 pack, let alone a summary of it in a newspaper or South Park, will have people dying of pneumonia.

Paul

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientologys beliefs is the beliefs Scientologist have - not the mish mash of stuff Marty combined . He combined too many ideas and this will confuse more than inform never ins . Scientotology is not a separate thing from Hubbard and his flock . He told lies they believe them .

This article will not confuse never ins.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

Mr Mockingbird, I'm missing what is so inaccurate, thumbnail sketches of complex frauds cannot be accurate due to size.. The stuff he is referring to I remember quite well as a Sea org staff member, having dug through obscure tapes and papers out of closets for ten years at each location where I was a prisoner of my own belief. And I agree with Type4_PTS, I believe it isn't so important, when trying to get the public to notice that something stinks to high heaven in Denmark about $cientology when the intent is to entice a public person to even look into this subject, THEN they sometimes get hooked as the entire affair is but a microcosm of the existing condition of man, and the ultimate reality show, a combination of The X-Files, Law and order, Blade-Runner, The Fifth ELEMENT and Grimm, with private investigators, millionaires, strange suicides, dirty-tricks, honey traps, faceless anonymous bad-guy operatives, anonymous good-guy operatives, gypsies, white-hats, black-hats, Ex-Mafia Mobster Lawyers, Men in Black, and the occasional Shoot outs at the OK Corral, but it's in real life, in real time, and it goes on and on and on as if it really was intended to be the religion of the new world order...

Some people that get involved in this effort eventually stop watching TV cause it is BORING compared to the alt.scientology.war!

And Marty looks to be cutting damn good bait.

I think your issue is about who he is writing for... THAT he mentioned the hypnosis at the core is HUGE.

THAT he mentioned the prison planet stuff is HUGE in that this was also core belief of the Nazi's

In the Nuremburg trials, evidence of the cultic nature of the Nazis was so bizzarre that the prosecution moved to exclude it as evidence so the perpetrators might not escape the death penalty.. - Hitler told his followers that if you follow me I will make you as Gods upon the earth...The Nazis called these new men Ubermensch, Hubbard called them OTS. (OH-TEAS)

One comment, you wrote:

"Taken at almost whole cloth from OHASPE"

I actually have a copy of that book in my container, not that Id ever look at it again, and yes it has a story similar, billions and billions of "Druijas" (Spirits) contained in sealed "vessels" were brought here, or so said some guy, via automatic writing, believing it was being dictated by the Archangel Grabriel. OHASPE - I read some of it, and *I* had to put the book down, as I felt it would drive any reader quite mad including this poster..and being the first website about The Confusion Technique of covert hypnosis, I felt that THAT explained what I was reading quite well already, and that I did not need to take a full dose of the poison in order to know it was quite toxic. However, eventsseem to indicate that Hubbard must have read the entire thing...that alone would make him quite mad, not that he needed any further help.

Arnie Lerma

"Psychology is the religion on the new world order" Rienhard Gehlen

Last edited:

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
I think your issue is about who he is writing for... THAT he mentioned the hypnosis at the core is HUGE.

Well, exactly. The seismic shift in terms of audience has gone from those disaffected with management, but still thought Hubbard was right yo yo, maybe wrong string, and taking those who thought scientology had something to offer, to now directing his writing towards a media based, cut out and keep guide of scientology.

It's been incremental, but the last few years has shown that now the media is no longer afraid to report on scientology, and not just small independent film makers, but fairly big players. Some lawyers are now taking on scientology, and creating some precedent (i.e. the Headley case where the definition of human trafficking did leave the door open as far as what defines it).

Those who are in the clutches of the mind control of the church will almost certainly never be convinced by media. There are too many mechanisms in place so their brain rejects any criticism, so yes, the target audience is most probably the court of public opinion or those who have never been in.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Well, exactly. The seismic shift in terms of audience has gone from those disaffected with management, but still thought Hubbard was right yo yo, maybe wrong string, and taking those who thought scientology had something to offer, to now directing his writing towards a media based, cut out and keep guide of scientology.

It's been incremental, but the last few years has shown that now the media is no longer afraid to report on scientology, and not just small independent film makers, but fairly big players. Some lawyers are now taking on scientology, and creating some precedent (i.e. the Headley case where the definition of human trafficking did leave the door open as far as what defines it).

Those who are in the clutches of the mind control of the church will almost certainly never be convinced by media. There are too many mechanisms in place so their brain rejects any criticism, so yes, the target audience is most probably the court of public opinion or those who have never been in.

I think what you're saying is true for the most part but the HBO Documentary will IMO have a significant impact on even some existing CoS Scientologists.

The 8 Ex-Scientologists who will be profiled are not just typical EX'es; they consist of celebs (Jason Beghe and Paul Haggis), Mike and Marty who were essentially the #2 and #3 people in international management for decades, a former Captain of the Apollo (Hana), and other high-profile Ex'es.

These individuals were friends to many hundreds who are still in that know that they're not "SP's", and I believe that many will watch the HBO Doc to see what they've got to say, and for some that will have a major impact.

When prominent Ex'es such as Debbie Cook spoke out in the past this caused some to exit the CoS and it will happen again with this HBO Doc.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Interesting that Hubbard indicated that Xenu was also called Xemu. Isn't it unusual for Galactic warlords to have more than one spelling of their name? :unsure:

But Xenu has this oddity in common with the character out of Marvel Comics:

Wikipedia:

Xemu is the ruler of a dimension in the Marvel Universe.
The character, created by Stan Lee, Larry Lieber and Jack Kirby, first appeared in Strange Tales #103 (December 1962). His name was spelled "Zemu" in this initial appearance, but was changed to Xemu when he reappeared in Fantastic Four #158 (May 1975).

LOLOLOL

That was a really great find!

Back in the day when i wuz writing, I remember one of the greatest meetings I ever had was with Stan Lee. I was telling him about a script project i was developing and he got incredibly interested and we both started just having pure fun in the meeting with "what if..." and "wouldn't it be cool if...." I gotta say, Stan Lee is not only an unqualified genius, he is one of the most beautiful people you could ever hope to meet. And he dove in out of pure joy and fun (creating cool stories and characters and such) certainly not because of a little known or published writer like me. He didn't care at all about "status" and that was all a key part of his magnificence.

If I had known what you posted about the alternate spellings of Xemu and Zemu, I would have asked him if L. Ron Hubbard ripped off that name for his OT III materials. I would bet almost anything that he would have know exactly what I was talking about. LOL

ps: by the way, there is another LRH quote that has vanished about OT III. It's the part where he says:

"A fellah by the name of Xenu.
Could be spelled X-E-N-U or
could be spelled X-E-M-U.
And, for people who don't have enough
money to pay me to get through the Wall of Fire
could be spelled F-U-K-U."

Last edited:

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
Marty's piece is excellent as it clearly gives anyone the fundamentals of $ciloonery.
Remember Mockingbird that you need to make it known everywhere in this world how bad this grift is!!!:yes:
Shewolf is polite and thanks everyone for their views, even if some seem stretched a bit thin...:eyeroll:
Of course all the above just said from a wog's particular weltangschaung. :confused2:

Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Scientology Beliefs.

https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/scientology-beliefs/

Scientology Beliefs

1. Planet Earth is a prison. The vast majority of human beings – and billions of invisible other beings – are its inmates.

2. Xenu is the name of scientology’s Satan who established Earth as a prison and transported billions of beings to serve as its inmates.

3. Our continued imprisonment is assured by ‘psychs.’ ‘Psychs’ are defined as psychiatrists, psychologists, psycho-therapists, priests, ministers, and anyone else practicing in the field of the mind and spirit. Psychs were sent here from a planet called ‘Farsec.’ They are a special breed of being created and invested with the sole purpose of keeping humankind mentally imprisoned.

4. Ron Hubbard is the first to discover the truth of 1 through 3 above, and the only one to have devised a means of escaping the prison planet.

5. Navigation through the only hole in the wall consists of closely emulating Hubbard and behaving as he did when he lived.

6. Enemies, including psychs as well as anyone expressing any doubt or reservation about these beliefs, must be destroyed by any means necessary by scientologists. Such means include lying, suing, cheating, harassing, intimidating, blackmailing, smearing and by physical violence.

7. Scientology ‘technology’ consists of a sophisticated mix of pop psychology and hypnotism carefully designed and administered so as to lead people to wholeheartedly accept and live according to these beliefs.

8. When a scientologist has expended all of his best efforts in the vain pursuit of these beliefs he is expected to ‘discard’ his body so that he may continue to pursue them without such a physical ‘impediment’.

Whether the ultimate belief, number 8 above, constitutes suicide is a wholly subjective question of religious belief.

them is the beliefs of sciencefictiontology

the sciencefiction of the materials are as the frescoes on the walls and ceiling of it's cathedral; one should beware of studying poorly or you may disappear into the woodwork

Terril park

Sponsor
I wouldn't trust either one of them when they were true believing scientologists. And knowing what I know now, I wouldn't fully trust ANY CoS Scientologist. Their sense of right and wrong has been corrupted to the point of insanity, to the degree they've been indoctrinated with Hubbard's writings on ethics.

But both of them are very much out now and working at fighting the criminality and abuses of the CoS. They've provided great info to the media, not all of which has yet come out, plus they're also helping on a number of legal cases as well including the Garcia Federal Fraud lawsuit, and they've helped tremendously with the upcoming HBO documentary which imo has already changed things forever in terms of how the media deals with the CoS.

This all means a lot in my book. They didn't have to do any of this and it is not without any personal risk.

Agree.

George Layton

Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Scientology Beliefs.

https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/scientology-beliefs/

Scientology Beliefs

What created them?

George Layton

them is the beliefs of sciencefictiontology

the sciencefiction of the materials are as the frescoes on the walls and ceiling of it's cathedral; one should beware of studying poorly or you may disappear into the woodwork

Listen to the rhythm and the heart beat of the cathedral and one may lose oneself in the thrall.

What created them?
How about who created them?

Hubbard-Studio-a.jpg

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
I wouldn't trust either one of them when they were true believing scientologists. And knowing what I know now, I wouldn't fully trust ANY CoS Scientologist. Their sense of right and wrong has been corrupted to the point of insanity, to the degree they've been indoctrinated with Hubbard's writings on ethics.

But both of them are very much out now and working at fighting the criminality and abuses of the CoS. They've provided great info to the media, not all of which has yet come out, plus they're also helping on a number of legal cases as well including the Garcia Federal Fraud lawsuit, and they've helped tremendously with the upcoming HBO documentary which imo has already changed things forever in terms of how the media deals with the CoS.

This all means a lot in my book. They didn't have to do any of this and it is not without any personal risk.

Well, PTS we kind of had this exchange already when I was first on this forum. I suspect that Mike was involved with something that caused me a lot of upset .. I really hope to be able to ask him about it sometime. However, I think his main concern would be to separate himself from that situation rather than be honest about covert illegal activities that he was [probably] involved in.

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
Rinder could have outed me 20 times over by now and has never done one thing to out or otherwise harm me. I also know him to have kept confidences for one of my closest ex Scn friends.

Well, I'd certainly like to ask him a couple of questions.