What's new

Survey asks Clearwater residents about the Church of Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Fox 13 News Tampa Bay: Survey asks Clearwater residents about the Church of Scientology

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/...ter-residents-about-the-church-of-scientology

VIDEO AT LINK.

* * * * * BEING EXCERPT * * * * *

CLEARWATER (FOX 13) -

The Church of Scientology is mentioned repeatedly in an online survey developed by an outside consultant commissioned by the City of Clearwater.

The survey is part of the research underpinning a rebranding of the city.

"We obviously will find all of the positives about Clearwater and build the brand and the logo, and the look and feel and the dialogue about Clearwater, around all of the positive things that people think about Clearwater," director of communications Joelle Castelli explained.

In most cases, the Church of Scientology appears on lists of possible responses to questions, with people asked to pick two.

For example, "Home of the Church of Scientology" is one of twelve possible responses to the question "If you had to pick two words/phrases that best describes Clearwater, it would be...Choose two answers".

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
I'm sure they have already planned to do so.
I'm not sure what you are saying here. That the COS already planned to have Sea Org members and others take the survey and effect the results? That the survey company already planed to check IP addresses? Or both?

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I'm not sure what you are saying here. That the COS already planned to have Sea Org members and others take the survey and effect the results? That the survey company already planed to check IP addresses? Or both?

When the cult says "it understands", then we have to be worried. I fully expect the cult to coordinate ops to turn the survey in their favor. :)

I doubt the City of Clearwater will check IP addresses, but they may ask for home addresses (I haven;t checked the survey, yet). However, what's to stop any Scilon from picking a Clearwater residential address out of the phone book & claim it's there's?

Alot of Clearwater residents are part-time "snowbirds"... if they were to check IP addresses, they could be discriminating from these part-timers.

ExElronComm

Patron
You can click NEXT and read the survey without responding.

Question 16: Do you consider yourself to be a member of the Church of Scientology?

Jump

Operating teatime
I'm sure they have already planned to do so.

There will be a hill 10 going right now each punching out as many identical entries as possible.

Any deviation from the scripted responses will be handled in ethics.

Leland

Crusader
from article posted above......WTF is this? Why can the Clearwater Police Department not go into the hotel in response to a 911 call?

That just does not sound right.

According to Lucy Morgan in December 7, 1997: “Clearwater police are suspicious about the number of 911 calls that come from rooms at the Fort Harrison Hotel. Police responded to each call only to be told most of the time by Scientology security guards that the call was a mistake. Police are not allowed to check individual rooms where the calls originated. In the past 11 months, 161 calls to 911 were made from rooms in the hotel, but each time Scientology security guards said there was no emergency.”

imSPecial

Patron with Honors
EDit: started a new thread so as not to derail this one.

from the article:

"According to Lucy Morgan in December 7, 1997: “Clearwater police are suspicious about the number of 911 calls that come from rooms at the Fort Harrison Hotel. Police responded to each call only to be told most of the time by Scientology security guards that the call was a mistake. Police are not allowed to check individual rooms where the calls originated. In the past 11 months, 161 calls to 911 were made from rooms in the hotel, but each time Scientology security guards said there was no emergency.”"

whaaat?!!! in the past 11 months...161 calls for help!!! ticked me off. dont see how or why investigating publically paid and dutied police officers can give up their ?duty? because the goon at the door says, "no.".

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
Statement from 1997....but still....I agree....WTF is that all about.

If I called 911.....I'd certainly expect the police to show up....and check on me....and not take someone else's word about the problem...

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
Statement from 1997....but still....I agree....WTF is that all about.

If I called 911.....I'd certainly expect the police to show up....and check on me....and not take someone else's word about the problem...

Yes, that reeks of corruption. To me this sounds very much like the police there is/was paid... or corrupted in a different way. Maybe their boss is/was telling them to leave Scientology alone because it's not "worth the trouble": 1) getting sued and harassed and all that (and being investigated by P.I.s about other cases of corruption...!), and 2) "brainwashed culties" changing their minds a while after the incident and sufficient "handling" by Co$...! We know I'm no friend of the outrageous/insidious explanation... but that's how it looks in case of the Clearwater police - bad. If someone else has an explanation how this behavior could be explained without them grossly breaking the law, neglecting their duties... by all means, share. :p

Last edited:

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
from article posted above......WTF is this? Why can the Clearwater Police Department not go into the hotel in response to a 911 call?

That just does not sound right.

I thought the same thing when I read it on Wiki, RE: "... each time Scientology security guards said there was no emergency."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Harrison_Hotel#cite_note-deaths-12

29ws3h3.jpg