What's new

Hubbard - OT VIII

Gib

Crusader
I regret to say I was responsible for Hubbard adding the "wall of tapes" to level 3 of the SHSBC. In Jan 1968 Hubbard picked up a pc folder I had just finished. He said "This list is incomplete". Knowing full well that I had followed his HCOB and stood up to him. I said "Not according to your HCOB". His aides were in shock. I produced the HCOB, written by Jenny Edmonds from lecture notes. This was the key L & N bulletin for all to follow. What was Hubbard's response? "I never saw this HCOB" (which was complete BS). Does anyone believe that a key HCOB would have been issued without him seeing it?

In order to save face he instructed his aides to ensure EVERY tape lecture which contained the word "Listing" was added to the SHSBC. My step-father was particularly annoyed. He was an evening SHSBC student and was just about to start level 3 when the tape fiasco hit. This added several weeks to his course. :-(

Nothing to regret Dart,

David Missavage has you beat. He introduced the wall of tapes & books for scientologists known as "the Basics" where everybody had to read and listen to everything available to public wise before they could continue up the bridge to slavedom. :laugh:

You, Dart, are hereby forgiven for the crimes against scientologists by the power given to me by hubbard since I am ex HAS, which is above the rank of the EO, should I be giving you a sec check now. Blessed are you now. http://biblehub.com/luke/6-21.htm

Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Re: https://whyweprotest.net/threads/original-ot-viii-before-dm-squirreled-it.116506/

whoops

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard was obviously a loon by this point, but what amazes me is after years of
time money devotion to attain the pinacle of cause over well everything right:ohmy:

Dude says I'm Lucifer and Jesus was a pedophile:duh: here's the crazy part people
actually did that so called level and paid a ton of money to do it:omg::blush: how freaking embarassing
can it possibly be to be an "Oatee Ate"

Magic Beans :blush:now go home and tell you mama you traded the family cow a and bet
the whole farm on a 50:1 nag that dropped dead out the starting gate:horse::deadhorse:

If one was cause over everything then there would be no game since one would be dictator of all reality. What Ron is really saying is that he is the only winner of the game, he is the only one who is cause over everything, the Crowleyian "Do as thou wilt" in which the adept gains power by sucking all the energy (money) out of everyone. It's OT for me (Ron) but not for thee (everyone else can just think they are OT).

Since I don't want to be Lucifer....not sure what the draw would be of OT 8 or of being cause over 'everything', like creator of the universe man.....(sounds very drug-induced and megalomaniacal).
:biggrin:

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nothing to regret Dart,

David Missavage has you beat. He introduced the wall of tapes & books for scientologists known as "the Basics" where everybody had to read and listen to everything available to public wise before they could continue up the bridge to slavedom. :laugh:

You, Dart, are hereby forgiven for the crimes against scientologists by the power given to me by hubbard since I am ex HAS, which is above the rank of the EO, should I be giving you a sec check now. Blessed are you now. http://biblehub.com/luke/6-21.htm

Glad I got to skip the wall of tapes. Miami must have been very lax.

Gib

Crusader
Glad I got to skip the wall of tapes. Miami must have been very lax.

The "basics" came after your time on staff.

I made that post in hopes of reaching scientology lurkers, or on the fencers from my time period, namely 1987 to PT.

Here is a vid I saw just after receiving the Deb Cook email, which opened me eyes, and it's a wonderful life on how we can all help each other, one life can touch another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7onFMyc45U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrmUipa1kc4

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
Nothing to regret Dart,

Just wanted to note that the "wall of tapes" usually refers to the SHSBC tape lectures one has to listen to on the Class 6 course. I think there around 423 tapes....each one is about....90 minutes long.....or so.

Is this true Gib...what you have written about the "basics".....if so....then no one will get trained.....(which is good)....

I mean,,,,how? There are dozens and dozens of taped lectures packages.......How or better yet why would a beginner even consider buying them....you'd have to be a whale to do so...

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron
The "basics" came after your time on staff.

I made that post in hopes of reaching scientology lurkers, or on the fencers from my time period, namely 1987 to PT.

Ok. Well I have some wiki posts I authored too, like desire in philosophy, and opium of the people. But I did not list them since I abandoned them to others who took over, oh, 10 years ago. :)
Thanks for the links.

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
Just wanted to note that the "wall of tapes" usually refers to the SHSBC tape lectures one has to listen to on the Class 6 course. I think there around 423 tapes....each one is about....90 minutes long.....or so.

Is this true Gib...what you have written about the "basics".....if so....then no one will get trained.....(which is good)....

I mean,,,,how? There are dozens and dozens of taped lectures packages.......How or better yet why would a beginner even consider buying them....you'd have to be a whale to do so...

Yes, me too, wanna know. I know there's pressure but at which point on the "bridge" one has to buy all of them? Or are they assorted in levels, packages, and this is stretched over some time?
Or is it just a "de facto" rule ... like, one gets regged, hard pressed, until they have bought them, or multiple basic packs... or they'll risks "ethics" stuff or expensive repairs, all sorts of fuzz, since refusing these actions would be so "unlogical" ... blah blah. Like, buying a book to get away from the org or a person. Or is that really somewhere on the "chart".
Also, were these books and tapes just bought, or did people have to read and listen to them in the org, under study tech conditions?
(Yes, I know the "basic packs" that were just there to be sold and then forgotten in garages. Don't mean that aspect.)
Sorry... silly questions. :eyeroll:

Leland

Crusader
"Basics" came after my time. I thought it just referred to the "basic Cult books".....

It is a rule in the Cult, that all students must have their own materials. ie...books and tapes that are on a particular course check sheet....must own them.

Part of "routing " onto a course...(via a routing form) is a stop at the book store...to buy the materials you will need for the course.

So, no, you can't borrow them.

That did change a bit after ASHO had a restoration around 1999....and a special library was built for the BC students....there were some taped lectures available to listen to.....

Gib

Crusader

yes I know the wall of tapes refers to the SHSBC,

but DM introduced that all public had to buy the new books and lectures, because they were corrected for transcription errors, and now sold as being on source.

The packages cost lots of money, and everybody was told to throw away the older versions. And I did, into my weekly recycle bin.

This whole thing by DM actually help to start a revolt, again, and the COS hard sold, hard sold. It was unbelievable the amount of phone calls I received during the time.

We actually bought 4 complete packages, several thousands worth, which came off our training account. It's a complicated story that I can't get into.

But the bottom line is this, it's in the Marketing Series by Hubbard, which DM is following. Basically, it's look around and find out what to sell, make a big hoopla about it, release it, then do the same about another thing, repeat rinse, repeat, and so on.

Why is DM doing this, coming out with new golden age of .............

because there is no OT9 and OT10.

DM is just remarketing scientology to the flock. He has no choice. LOL

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron

but DM introduced that all public had to buy the new books and lectures, because they were corrected for transcription errors, and now sold as being on source.

The packages cost lots of money, and everybody was told to throw away the older versions. And I did, into my weekly recycle bin.

This whole thing by DM actually help to start a revolt, again, and the COS hard sold, hard sold. It was unbelievable the amount of phone calls I received during the time.

We actually bought 4 complete packages, several thousands worth, which came off our training account. It's a complicated story that I can't get into.

But the bottom line is this, it's in the Marketing Series by Hubbard, which DM is following. Basically, it's look around and find out what to sell, make a big hoopla about it, release it, then do the same about another thing, repeat rinse, repeat, and so on.

If it was free I would not mind having the entirety of the tech as a reference. Does the church sell LRH's written texts to SPs or just to parishioners? lol.
Not that I would buy but I got the impression if you are an SP they will NOT sell anything to you. Esp. that antiquated meter they have.

Gib

Crusader
"Basics" came after my time. I thought it just referred to the "basic Cult books".....

It is a rule in the Cult, that all students must have their own materials. ie...books and tapes that are on a particular course check sheet....must own them.

Part of "routing " onto a course...(via a routing form) is a stop at the book store...to buy the materials you will need for the course.

So, no, you can't borrow them.

That did change a bit after ASHO had a restoration around 1999....and a special library was built for the BC students....there were some taped lectures available to listen to.....

yes, that's the policy,

but DM got everybody to buy all the books & tapes

for the reasons I stated above, the Marketing and PR Series applied to those members still in.

Gib

Crusader
If it was free I would not mind having the entirety of the tech as a reference. Does the church sell LRH's written texts to SPs or just to parishioners? lol.
Not that I would buy but I got the impression if you are an SP they will NOT sell anything to you. Esp. that antiquated meter they have.

Well, the technology of scientology and dianetics is freely available, or at least for a low cost, on the internet or library or Ebay, at a much lower cost than the COS (Hubbard) sells it for.

Which begs the question -

why was Hubbard so worried about others stealing the technology from him, or stopping scientology from expanding?

When he sells it at the same time for anybody to get the data?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, the technology of scientology and dianetics is freely available, or at least for a low cost, on the internet or library or Ebay, at a much lower cost than the COS (Hubbard) sells it for.

Which begs the question -

why was Hubbard so worried about others stealing the technology from him, or stopping scientology from expanding?

When he sells it at the same time for anybody to get the data?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Great question.
It's so weird really. The command and control factor has taken over.

It has to do with fear. DM can't do anything now because he is trapped in the problem of what would happen to him if he decided to change. Change is always chaotic and uncontrollable. He is in the worst position of anyone on the planet. Be careful what you wish for would have been the last thing I would have whispered to him if I had been a dying LRH.

Leland

Crusader

Ouch. Thats a lot of dough. I just bought some of the BC tapes....I couldn't afford them all. Some of us (students) swapped back and forth...and I just had to make do. Of course there was always pressure to buy them. I only had one meter...and the rules were that you had to have 2. I skated around that one from time to time also..... I just couldn't afford to buy them.

I saw on another post today....I believe from Mike Laws....that the Church of S of California....became no more...and the Cult lost the copyrights to the basic books.....perhaps that is really why they were edited again and re-released...so they could be copyrighted again?.... It might be possible.

Last edited:

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian

Wot Gib said. Plus, if you don't want them as e-books: look at Ebay, Amazon, and Craigslist, people are selling Hubbard books and tapes/CDs for 1$... I've considered getting a "basics box" myself, it would be such a nice opportunity to get lots of that crap for little € - people have so many of them and want to get rid of them, and I would only have to take up or pay shipping costs once. But speaking of "reference", don't forget that they've been changed. I've read that there are whole chapters that have been deleted or switched in the books, even in "Dianetics" itself. Crap is crap, but for that kind of use, I would want an older version... :p

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wot Gib said. Plus, if you don't want them as e-books: look at Ebay, Amazon, and Craigslist, people are selling Hubbard books and tapes/CDs for 1$... I've considered getting a "basics box" myself, it would be such a nice opportunity to get lots of that crap for little € - people have so many of them and want to get rid of them, and I would only have to take up or pay shipping costs once. But speaking of "reference", don't forget that they've been changed. I've read that there are whole chapters that have been deleted or switched in the books, even in "Dianetics" itself. Crap is crap, but for that kind of use, I would want an older version... :p

Even the tech dictionary was edited. I had an old unedited copy that I sold a while back. I also had a newer one. There were missing definitions in the newer one (also sold).

Gib

Crusader
Great question.
It's so weird really. The command and control factor has taken over.

It has to do with fear. DM can't do anything now because he is trapped in the problem of what would happen to him if he decided to change. Change is always chaotic and uncontrollable. He is in the worst position of anyone on the planet. Be careful what you wish for would have been the last thing I would have whispered to him if I had been a dying LRH.

That's why Mike Rinder has said "it sucks to be DM"

Leland

Crusader
Even the tech dictionary was edited. I had an old unedited copy that I sold a while back. I also had a newer one. There were missing definitions in the newer one (also sold).

Interesting. And don't forget...all the definitions came from Tape References....(most I suppose)...So it goes to figure...if some definitions have been removed.....the places where LRH said them....on tape lectures....have also been removed??

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Back in 2010 the tape sets in binders were going for 5 bucks and the rehashed books were 1 dollar. I bought a lot off eBay and really don't see much difference from the stuff I purchased in 1975.

I listened to a lot of Congress tapes. The PDCs were my fav though I could not suffer through the long-winded BC tapes. Easier it was....just to listen to the Auditing Essentials series. I thought I was missing something when my friend sold his BC tapes to someone else. I don't think that now after hearing them.

Julie Grimes from AOLA got me a library pass while I waited and waited for my FES.. I walked over to ASHO and presented the slip to the librarian. I got all the 3 GA XX and early GPM and valence tapes. I really thought his research was going somewhere in those 1950s. What did I know....I'd no training at all but wanted a peek...