What's new

Police Report re: Mike Rinder's ALLEGED assault on wife re Scientology & Going Clear

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Police Report and Audio re: Mike Rinder's ALLEGED assault on wife re Scientology attack on Going Clear.

Mike's post is important. Please read it in its entirety.

Mike Rinder - Mike Rinder: “Lady Killer”

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/mike-rinder-lady-killer/

Screenshot-166.png

Screenshot-167.png

Screenshot-1681.png

[video=youtube;GjNTMs5ELk8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjNTMs5ELk8[/video]

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Police Report re: Mike Rinder's ALLEGED assault on wife re Scientology & Going Cl

Hey, demidj (diminutive for his shortness, demon midget) :goodjob::footbullet:
:evillaugh:
Keep 'em coming . . . :drama: - like watching Three Stooges / Keystone Cops . . .:drama:
All to prove :itstrue::scnsucks:

Sindy

Crusader
Re: Police Report re: Mike Rinder's ALLEGED assault on wife re Scientology & Going Cl

I hate Scientology.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

I really recommend that everyone read Mike's post and the entire comment thread on Mike's site, but fwiw an interesting exchange between Mike Rinder and Graham Berry begins at:

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/mike-rinder-lady-killer/#comment-81324

IMHO, the exchange is of some significance.

Not sure I totally understand the connection between Graham Berry and Mike Rinder's ambush, other than the obvious point that Graham Berry, as an attorney, represented some people (can't remember who) against scientology.

Graham seems to be rather emotional, so assume that there is some history here? Maybe because Mike was on the other end of an OSA Ops and can appreciate the trauma it can inflict? I don't know, but both seem to be sincere.

Sindy

Crusader

Not sure I totally understand the connection between Graham Berry and Mike Rinder's ambush, other than the obvious point that Graham Berry, as an attorney, represented some people (can't remember who) against scientology.

Graham seems to be rather emotional, so assume that there is some history here? Maybe because Mike was on the other end of an OSA Ops and can appreciate the trauma it can inflict? I don't know, but both seem to be sincere.

Because Graham was on the receiving end of the horror during the time when Mike was doling it out and when Mike was part of all of it so, it's like an apology of sorts -- some relief for Graham who has been trying to get the cult to see how awful they've been. It's vindication for him from someone uniquely able to create this effect.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

Graham Berry is not responding to the ambush or Mike's report of same. Graham Berry is responding to the current Black PR attacks on Mike Rinder re: Going Clear, and Mike's observation in reply that, "You can be certain the statements about the others are no less false." Graham assumed that comment also applied to him. Mike assured Graham that it does. That is what is significant to Graham.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

Because Graham was on the receiving end of the horror during the time when Mike was doling it out and when Mike was part of all of it so, it's like an apology of sorts -- some relief for Graham who has been trying to get the cult to see how awful they've been. It's vindication for him from someone uniquely able to create this effect.

Wow, an incredibly subtle apology. Amazingly gracious of Graham to accept it as such.

Sindy

Crusader

Wow, an incredibly subtle apology. Amazingly gracious of Graham to accept it as such.

Well, I said "of sorts". I don't even know about any actual direct harassment that Mike perpetrated against Graham. Basically, because Mike was in the cult at the time, it's a relief for Graham to hear it from him.

Edit: I got what I got out of that exchange but I think it's too nuanced to express.

Last edited:

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

Well, I said "of sorts". I don't even know about any actual direct harassment that Mike perpetrated against Graham. Basically, because Mike was in the cult at the time, it's a relief for Graham to hear it from him.

Edit: I got what I got out of that exchange but I think it's to nuanced to express.

Of course. The most important point being that it was hugely therapeutic for Graham. I don't think that there needs to be a, 'mea culpa' in order to express regret. Maybe just to include someone who has been battling against insanity with a few words can be rather powerful.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX if you knew all he's done to help expose Scientology and all he's been through while doing it, you would understand

Graham E. Berry
Attorney, litigated against Scientology.

«I believed that lawyers and judges should always do the right and proper thing no matter what the personal costs. I had learned that putting one's personal interests before those of a client or litigant was a conflict of interest. Ten years later, the Church of Scientology has destroyed my career and my life, as I knew it, yet I still believe that that lawyers and judges should always do the right and proper thing no matter what the personal costs.» — Graham E. Berry, "An Introduction To Scientology's Corruption of the United States Government and Its Legal System", May 2002

Lots of articles linked here on xenu-directory.net about what happened to Graham and Graham's efforts to seek justice for others attacked by Scientology
http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/berry1.html

Last edited:

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

Lurk more, please... if you knew all he's done to help expose Scientology and all he's been through while doing it, you would understand

Graham E. Berry
Attorney, litigated against Scientology.

Lots of articles linked here on xenu-directory.net about what happened to Graham and Graham's efforts to seek justice for others attacked by Scientology
http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/berry1.html

Well, I hope I didn't come across as disrespectful as this wasn't my intention.

However, I would suggest that for every person who asks questions, there are probably, I don't know, way more lurkers.

While I am probably more informed than some, obviously not as those who have been on ESMB for a few years and have been able to dot the dots and know the cast of all those who have participated in the fight against scientology.

But thank you for the links.

AnonyMary

Well, I hope I didn't come across as disrespectful as this wasn't my intention.

However, I would suggest that for every person who asks questions, there are probably, I don't know, way more lurkers.

While I am probably more informed than some, obviously not as those who have been on ESMB for a few years and have been able to dot the dots and know the cast of all those who have participated in the fight against scientology.

But thank you for the links.

Thanks. It wasn't your question. I was thrown a bit by your comment that Graham "seems to be rather emotional". If I wrote that about something you wrote that I did not have the whole context on, I don't think it would go over to well with you. Or anyone for that matter. Even a lurker.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

Thanks. It wasn't your question. I was thrown a bit by your comment that Graham "seems to be rather emotional". If I wrote that about something you wrote that I did not have the whole context on, I don't think it would go over to well with you. Or anyone for that matter. Even a lurker.

With respect, I don't have the context. I don't understand why Graham was emotional, but for goodness sake, it doesn't stop me from asking.

As far as, 'I don't think it would go over too well with you..' I wouldn't mind anyone asking me.

I have been polite. I have been upfront about not understanding.

Geez... forgive me for asking. Never again...

Sindy

Crusader

With respect, I don't have the context. I don't understand why Graham was emotional, but for goodness sake, it doesn't stop me from asking.

As far as, 'I don't think it would go over too well with you..' I wouldn't mind anyone asking me.

I have been polite. I have been upfront about not understanding.

Geez... forgive me for asking. Never again...

Just keep asking questions. It's okay. Things can get twisted, misconstrued, etc. on all sorts of Internet media. It's all good.

AnonyMary

My comment was not about your question. Not at all. I am glad you asked a question. As I explained, it was the comment you made about Graham, which came after the question. I felt it was judgmental, based upon lack of facts ( facts which you acknowledged you lacked )

Sindy

Crusader

My comment was not about your question. Not at all. I am glad you asked a question. As I explained, it was the comment you made about Graham, which came after the question. I felt it was judgmental, based upon lack of facts ( facts which you acknowledged you lacked )

Mary, I'm your biggest fan. :biglove:

I really just think it was an observation and stated in a way that wasn't cradled in fuzzy words to get the point across without possibly offending anyone. I do get your take on it, I just didn't take it that way.

Also, don't we need to let new people speak from their perspective that may be lacking history? People without experience (hey, even myself) are going to say things that could rub people the wrong way every once in a while but in this case, it didn't seem intended. :)

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

I really recommend that everyone read Mike's post and the entire comment thread on Mike's site, but fwiw an interesting exchange between Mike Rinder and Graham Berry begins at:

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/mike-rinder-lady-killer/#comment-81324

IMHO, the exchange is of some significance.

It is significant because both Mike & Graham recognize we need to be united in the fight & let the healing begin. The film, 'Going Clear' has moved alot of exes whom, up till recently, has chosen to remain silent out of fear what the cult will do to them.

I've been honored to talk to several former longtime Scios that have expressed a desire to speak out & share their stories. Stay tuned..

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

Oh my god. How was it judgmental? Or rather how can you, 'feel' it was judgmental by a fucking comment on a message board?

I think you are way over reacting or reading something that simply isn't there. Probably both. Go back and read my messages. They were not judgmental.

And I will say this before I leave this thread and think about why I still feel the need to communicate on a ex message board.

There are lots of lurkers out there. This message board has a reputation, rightly or wrongly for being very scary for new comers, and well, there goes your proof as far as what happens when someone asks a genuine question.

While I may be fairly new to this board, have been off the scientology radar for some time for various reasons, although OSA are fully aware of the fact I'm an ex. This is fairly common for those leaving scientology, and they may be quite versed in some aspects of scientology history and not others with gaps in between. You lose track of people, you find that you know about some issues but not others. So you rely on other people to fill you in and explain things to you.

All the best,