What's new

Scientology ready to sue HBO for Copyright Infringement!

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
Wow! This is SO much more entertaining than I had even imagined it would be!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Re: The letters

What a serious case of "tl;dnr" Ms. Pouw and her lawyers (ahem!) have!

A few thoughts:

Karen has a rather recognizable idiolect. In linguistics, an idiolect is an individual's distinctive and unique use of language, including speech. This unique usage encompasses vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation.
Idiolect is the variety of language unique to an individual. This differs from a dialect, a common set of linguistic characteristics shared among some group of people.

Karen is a whiner. Whine. Whine. Whine. And then the veiled threat.

The lawyers' "demand letters" are like no demand letter I've ever encountered. Wishy-washy language - "get back to us soon" - is not something I've seen before in this type of a letter. Usually they are straightforward, demanding, and full of ultimatums.

So I'm thinking maybe it's a California thing?

Okay. Pass the popcorn, please!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Yeah knock yourselves out tiny cult!

Personally I'm really starting to worry about the de-forestation factor if all these ruddy letters are all being printed onto paper.

Environmentally unfriendly cult!!!! All those files packed away in retro filing cabinets - with really dodgy dinged-up sliding drawers - full of paper. And imagine how much paper is flying printing out all the telexes associated with this hill 10. :ohmy:

:hysterical: luv it! :hysterical:

Can you even imagine the HUNDREDS of Sea Org members, staff, OSA execs and volunteers who have been feverishly working behind the scenes all these months.

Culminating in 25 people being flown to New York to confront the film maker?

What a spectacular "operation" for the church to find all the people, brief them, create fake documents, suborn perjurious affidavits and drill the hollow-eyed cult zombies endlessly until they could "pass" on (TR-L) lying.

And then, nobody in the entire world even noticed their masterpiece. Nobody would even meet with those 25 well-trained dancing monkeys.

So the cult packs it up and all 25 losers and their handlers go home.

It all looked so perfect on paper when they CSWed the handling up to COB to dead agent everyone and overwhelm the filmmakers with powerful TRs and lies.

Back at home, cult members retreat into session to handle their ARC Breaks from the tech not working. Alas (SIGH) it worked so incredibly well during the clay demo!

Last edited:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

Can you even imagine the HUNDREDS of Sea Org members, staff, OSA execs and volunteers who have been feverishly working behind the scenes all these months.

What a spectacular "operation" for the church to find all the people, brief them, create fake documents, stubborn perjurious affidavits and drill the hollow-eyed cult zombies endlessly until they could "pass" on their TR-L lying.

And then, nobody in the entire world even noticed their masterpiece. Nobody would even meet with those 25 well-trained dancing monkeys.

It all looked so perfect on paper when they CSWed the handling up to COB to dead agent everyone and overwhelm the filmmakers with powerful TRs and lies.

Cult members retreat into session to handle their ARC Breaks from the tech not working. Alas (SIGH) it worked so incredibly well during the clay demo!

And...

Did anyone tell the 25 people WHY they didn't get to meet with the 'enemy'?

"Uh, it seems Mr. Gibney is afraid to meet with us, so, uh, we're all leaving because he's afraid of us." - Lying Scio Group Leader

JB

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
Dear Mr Lieberman:

:blah:

ML ~ HBO

Eric M. Lieberman is the Cult of Scientology's key human rights attorney, and he's proud to state on his website that he's been shilling for the cult for some 40 years now. He's the snake of all snakes, on one hand pretending to be a human rights advocate, and on the other smashing individuals on behalf of Scientology every chance he can. He plays both sides of the coin, has a great reputation for confusing issues and judges. Sometimes he pushes copyright law as if the church is a business, and other times he uses the First Amendment to support the cult's vicious treatment of perceived enemies and RPF prison and re-indoctrination program. He has a long list of victims that just happens to include those most seriously harassed by the cult (which harassment he defended), including Paulette Cooper, Lisa McPherson, Marc Headley, Larry Wollersheim, Gerry Armstrong, Jesse Prince, Andre Taboyoyon and Graham Berry, to name just a few. Lieberman has even popped up for Monique Rathbun's court case. He has been integral to the deals with the IRS and, in addition to pushing his First Amendment protection of the cult and even influencing senators and legislation regarding its application, Lieberman has also been involved with every major Scientology tax court case in the US.

If ever there was a lawyer who is a complete sociopath bulldog for the cult, IMHO, it's Eric Lieberman.

He's got to be in his 70s by now, or close to it. No doubt he's not as sharp as his old days and relies on his reputation more than his skills.

He's a Scientology whore and runs to its court cases like a vampire smelling blood. It completely disgusts me to see someone with his education who has done nothing with it but smash human rights and legitimize and legalize the mistreatment of individuals. He regularly and systematically sweeps Scientology's crimes away.

If there is to be any lawsuit or court case on behalf of Scientology, Lieberman will be there.

This time, if it happens, I hope he gets knocked right out of the legal ring, humiliated and chastised, only to be eaten alive by the vicious dogs of Scientology he's defended all these years.

And wouldn't that be justice if he personally ended up labeled SP and fair gamed by the cult and locked up in that very hole in Hemet that he likes to tell others does not exist? :coolwink:

Sindy

Crusader
Alex Gibney
Jigsaw Productions

Dear Alex,

This is now my 30th letter to you in the last three days. Why don't you answer me?

You can't treat me this way and I won't allow it. I am a super-being with huge powers you can't even begin to imagine. I make ashtrays rise and parking spaces appear. People walk to walls for me, slum in mobile homes for me, stand in trash cans for me and lick the floor I walk on with their tongues. I have the power to make you do whatever I wish. With a legion of dedicated aged lawyers well into their 70s that have worked for me for decades and an entire personal cult to do my bidding, I can do anything I want. Pay attention to me! I command you!

How many times have I flown out to NY or LA to personally see you and you just ignored me? I've watched all your documentaries, stood in the audiences, tried to get to your dressing rooms and set up cameras around your house just to get a glimpse of you. I've hired investigators to follow you and film you, and each time I saw you I felt like my heart would leap right out of my chest. Since 1980, when you made your first film,The Ruling Class, I knew that you were an exceptional being and my one and only love and I've been following you ever since. Forget about sexual preference, they don't matter. We only inhabit human bodies anyway. Don't worry about Shelly, either- I've locked her well out of the way.

It was very clever to do a documentary on Scientology just to get my attention, as I know you also recognise me as your one and true love. Using lawyers as an excuse to personally see each other is simply brilliant.

So why are you still not answering me?

Eternal Love Always,

David Miscavige (aka Karin Pouw)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:thumbsup:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Re: The letters

What a serious case of "tl;dnr" Ms. Pouw and her lawyers (ahem!) have!

The lawyers' "demand letters" are like no demand letter I've ever encountered. Wishy-washy language - "get back to us soon" - is not something I've seen before in this type of a letter. Usually they are straightforward, demanding, and full of ultimatums. So I'm thinking maybe it's a California thing?

I guess you can call it a California thing since it is an op being coordinated & implemented from OSA in Los Angeles.

The attorney's letters reminds me of the black ops that OSA carried out to decimate the original (legitimate) National Cult Awareness Network (CAN) that was swamped with letters from multiple attorneys just like HBO is getting to threaten & intimidate.

OSA did not bear the total financial brunch of the legal letters, however. They would coordinate campaigns with OSA staff to contact well-healed Scientologists asking them to contribute to the effort by calling upon attorneys themselves to write legal letters & then paying for it out of their own pockets, so Scientology Inc. didn't have to pay for them. This was promoted as a valiant effort to defend the church against religious bigots out to destroy Scientology. And, of course, wealthy kool-aid drinking Scilons took the bait without question.

Of course, with CAN, the multiple legal letters were followed up with individual lawsuits filed by Scilon publics in multiple jurisdictions throughout the U.S. (to prevent judges from grouping lawsuits together as a class action) so to drown CAN in legal fees & court costs, thus bankrupting the organization. In the case of CAN, a non-profit that operated solely on donations, it worked in the cult's favor.

Of course, it would be a different matter if the cult tried this same ploy with HBO, which is a subsidiary of Time Warner, a muilti-billion dollar conglomerate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_Time_Warner

But, the cult is well-known for digging lots of holes & falling into them. :)

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
gXLTVxJ.jpg

What a bitter shrill hateful woman.
Miscavige personal lawyer.
Omitting to admit to HBO the high six figures she makes for covering up
Human abuse, violence and held against will she is all too familiar with.
When Janet Light was kidnapped by a posse to be shipped to SP Hole and her husband Colm McLaughlin sat on by 5 people and shipped to FREEwinds for extensive incarceration, Monique Yingling was right there eye witnessing the debacle and the kidnap. She was in the room when it happened.
A tax attorney that acts like Miscavige PR Spokesman on CNN Anderson Cooper
"A history of Violence"
"They handled the violence INTERNALLY" she tells Cooper.
What a legacy she leaves in her retirement.
She was Counsel to a Cult.
She protected a criminal cult for 30 years, raking in bucks to cover up evil.
She will die being known as Cult lawyer of one of the more evil cults of the century.
Her reported pay is $1 million to $2 million annually.
So she says things like this.

The Church of Scientology A History of Violence Part 4
GO to 5:07 to hear Monique spout her lies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VHnnUp-jSU

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron

What a spectacular "operation" for the church to find all the people, brief them, create fake documents, suborn perjurious affidavits and drill the hollow-eyed cult zombies endlessly until they could "pass" on (TR-L) lying.

Back at home, cult members retreat into session to handle their ARC Breaks from the tech not working. Alas (SIGH) it worked so incredibly well during the clay demo!

So much [STRIKE]clay[/STRIKE] play doh for so little win.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Eric M. Lieberman is the Cult of Scientology's key human rights attorney, and he's proud to state on his website that he's been shilling for the cult for some 40 years now. He's the snake of all snakes, on one hand pretending to be a human rights advocate, and on the other smashing individuals on behalf of Scientology every chance he can. He plays both sides of the coin, has a great reputation for confusing issues and judges. Sometimes he pushes copyright law as if the church is a business, and other times he uses the First Amendment to support the cult's vicious treatment of perceived enemies and RPF prison and re-indoctrination program. He has a long list of victims that just happens to include those most seriously harassed by the cult (which harassment he defended), including Paulette Cooper, Lisa McPherson, Marc Headley, Larry Wollersheim, Gerry Armstrong, Jesse Prince, Andre Taboyoyon and Graham Berry, to name just a few. Lieberman has even popped up for Monique Rathbun's court case. He has been integral to the deals with the IRS and, in addition to pushing his First Amendment protection of the cult and even influencing senators and legislation regarding its application, Lieberman has also been involved with every major Scientology tax court case in the US.

If ever there was a lawyer who is a complete sociopath bulldog for the cult, IMHO, it's Eric Lieberman.

Where's your darts? :biggrin:

Eric_Lieberman.jpg

http://rbskl.com/attorneys/eric-m-lieberman

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-church-of-scientologys-most-trusted-lawyers-2012-9?op=1

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
I stepped back to take a level headed look at the OP, the very first post in this thread, the letter of March 12th 2015.

I saw the movie, and I hear what this letter says.

Aside from the incendiary emotional tones the CULT letter is full of ASSERTIONS.
ASSERTIONS mean nothing in a court of Law
They are merely allegations or presentations and have to be backed by Facts and Evidence which can easily disprove ASSERTIONS. The letters are mostly assertions and HBO is firewalled by the best of legal minds.
It is a Church tactic to confuse and disrupt. The barrage of letters has the purpose to hurl insults, hurl veil threats and punches, while avoiding scenes depicted in the movie they have no answer for.

Please note there is not one word of denial on Hubbard's history. His life with Sara Northrup. The black majick rituals. All the first section of the movie is about Hubbard's life and not one of these letters goes near the first part of the film

None of the Hubbard Life History came from the Spanky, Sara Goldberg,Tom Devocht, Hana, M and M.
No response or challenge to significant film footage exposing of Hubbard's life ?
Why ?

The Sound of Silence on these issues of Hubbard himself is deafening. Can you hear it ?

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
What a bitter shrill hateful woman.
Miscavige personal lawyer.
Omitting to admit to HBO the high six figures she makes for covering up
Human abuse, violence and held against will she is all too familiar with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VHnnUp-jSU

Yes. She's certainly mastered the art of double-speak without any conscience, hasn't she? Spinning the truth however she sees fit. She's quite a piece of work, as Udarnik would say.

In her letter, she presents the IRS as corruptible individuals anxious to harass Scientologists, THEN she falsely defames Alex Gibney by suggesting he is presenting the IRS decision as a result of internal corruption when it was a sincere IRS decision, THEN she goes on to say how corrupted she believes the IRS to be. Huh? :duh:

Marty was carrying bags? For a bag runner, Marty sure sat close to DM when he was negotiating these deals. Why wasn't Miss DingaYing sitting at the big table with them back then if she was "present throughout the proceedings?"

She certainly didn't provided any testimony of the horrors she actually witnessed, either.

Nasty, lying woman. She'll be a cranky one when dementia sets in, that's for sure.

liar-liar.jpg

semioldguard

Patron with Honors

Please note there is not one word of denial on Hubbard's history.

The Sound of Silence on these issues of Hubbard himself is deafening. Can you hear it ?

Karen,

It's interesting that you would bring that up, it seems they are not alone.

Please note, of your posts that I've read here and on OCMB, there is not one word of denial on your history.

The Sound of Silence, on the issues of your history, as laid out in that church video, is also deafening.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

Monique Yingling was always happy to take orders from Marty her boss in Legal affairs and to take pay checks from OSA INT Treasury who pay the Lawyers.

Marty Rathbun on Church RTC site before they removed it.
MartyIG.jpg.png

So why is DM sending Marty Rathbun as emissary to Ribbon cut at AOLA

MartyAOLA.jpg
?
MartyAOLA3.jpg

Leland

Crusader
Hey...semioldguard

This thread is about the Cult...and HBO....Letters the Cult is sending out....and any potential lawsuit....

(and fun stuff too)

It is not about Karen....

WTF??

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
We're having so much fun here mocking Scientology's silly 'threats' that they put their trolls back on duty :biggrin:
blog-troll1.jpg

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Hey...semioldguard

This thread is about the Cult...and HBO....Letters the Cult is sending out....and any potential lawsuit....

(and fun stuff too)

It is not about Karen....

WTF??

No need to wonder... or ponder the bait. He's back on duty is all.

troll.jpg

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
The rabid sputterings of Scientology spokesholes are in sharp contrast to the well documented stories of horrific abuses perpetrated by Scientology.

There is a simple truth at work here and it harkens back to kindergarten: When someone finally stands up to the schoolyard bully, and everyone sees him for the coward he really is...everything changes.

Everything has changed.

This documentary is reminiscent of the encounter between Edward R. Murrow and Senator Joseph McCarthy. Murrow, like Gibney, challenged the bully, and won.

The 29th of March is coming, and all the OT's, and all the OSA drones, and all the cult lawyers can go fuck themselves.

The world will soon learn the truth about this organization.

It is a truth that many here have known too well.

Scientology is terrified of this.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
The rabid sputterings of Scientology spokesholes are in sharp contrast to the well documented stories of horrific abuses perpetrated by Scientology.

There is a simple truth at work here and it harkens back to kindergarten: When someone finally stands up to the schoolyard bully, and everyone sees him for the coward he really is...everything changes.

Everything has changed.

This documentary is reminiscent of the encounter between Edward R. Murrow and Senator Joseph McCarthy. Murrow, like Gibney, challenged the bully, and won.

The 29th of March is coming, and all the OT's, and all the OSA drones, and all the cult lawyers can go fuck themselves.

The world will soon learn the truth about this organization.

It is a truth that many here have known too well.

Scientology is terrified of this.

^^this^^ :clap::clap:

Particularly enjoyed this sentence:

:yes::yes::yes: